Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I'm sorry i posted a general user edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Be wary of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for the Aledari!

But think about how many vehicles you could put underneath it, it could be upwards of 4 or 5 vehicles per turn all taking 1 hp

Aledari? Those beer drinking vile xenos?

Astra Militarium reporting for duty

My most recently updated guard list. Trying to make it a one size fights all for 1850pts, thoughts?
Using an Emperor's wrath Artillery formation and CAD
The Idea is this.

>Create firebase using Wyverns & Manticore for artillery support of units in field, preferably staying out of LOS or slightly concealed. Enginseer staying with artillery, not much else to do with him.

>Place CCS behind vehicles with Lascannon team peaking out, in order to get shots off at long range.

>Bubble wrap entire firebase with Platoon Command squad & 3 infantry squads.

>Place Heavy weapons teams in an area maximizing support of main column advance, obviously.

>Advance 2 Chimeras w/ vets up field along with Taurox for additional guns & Tank Command squad.

> Zip Vendetta into the fray early (officer of fleet support) and drop melta Scions near any armour or heavy units. Use vox from this squad to call in danger close FU on anything still alive.

I feel the combination of Twin linked & Ignores cover manticore shots are worth the minor tax of bringing an enginseer. And the wyverns are just ungodly good at killing any infantry on the field.
My real concern is Drop pods on my firebase & behind my tanks.

Guys, I play Tau and thought on using Canoptek Harvest to deal with melee problems. However, with Celestine as she is now, I might be tempted to use her instead. What do you guys think?

Stop trying to fix a problem you don't have. You're Tau. Just shoot them.

The guy who is is defending Eldrad see this

Other players in my group have fast melee stuff and somewhat resistant enough for me to lose quite a bit chunk of my important stuff (I use only 1 Riptide). Also, I have my taste for some melee and Celestine sounds badass.

The guy that is dragging arguments from dead threads see this.

What do you think of this Iron Warriors list?
I already have most of the havocs and dp I'd just need to get 2 more oblits.

The idea is that everyone just bunkers down in the building firing their heavy weapons and the oblits and dp run the table

>LOL just use more riptides!
>Fucking faggot tau players only spamming riptides!

Asking a help for tau in 40kg is really productive and wise.

>I have mixed brews since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies, monkeigh.

How many kroot do you have?

>a Tau player actually using kroot
Unheard of.

Dammit they look so cute tho.

Dunno, I like this place. Last 2 generals where pretty cool regarding Tau, so I thought I might get some good advice here.

None...

==

On another note, tested Kakophoni (3 with Doom Siren and Sound Blaster 16bit Multimedia Kit; 3 with Blastermaster; CC bike Lord) + Raptor Talon (Blissgiver lord joining a small Warp Talon unit; 2 Meltagun Raptors) and a Sorcerer around. Managed to withstand Decurion Necrons (rolled +1T drug, helped a lot)! Sadly, the AP5 was pretty bad and only managed to dent something because of S5 Shred volume of fire

maybe tell gw to make them not suck shit then.

Blissgiver on a S4 model was pretty lackluster. I think I should only use it on a Daemon Prince, but the Black Mace looks superior (T test vs Ld test to remove multi-wound models and has a little explosion after wounding anything)

Test vs toughness

> Tfw people start shitposting about tau just after you try to stop lurking

Sorry user half of us dont know shit about non-DG AL or WB.

>tfw skitarii vanguard look cooler than rangers
>tfw skitarii rangers have cooler looking guns
:( I just want cool dudes with cool guns

>boo-hoo, I can't take my favorite characters being criticized

Do you think it's okay to bring in a fortification in a friendly, fluffy game?

Well played, alien scum. Well played.

Bring some of both?

Yeah, just don't bring pic related.

You have decent melee troops for screening your stuff with Kroot and naked Crisis suits are actually pretty good in melee, actually look through your own codex before raiding the cheesebox for unfluffy nonsense.

Pitch a returning player who sold all his old minis like a faggot when he was in college why I should start collecting X or Y army

>Every time GW changes their fluff it makes me so very, very sad.

>Just moved to a new house, stick Ghazghkull supplement in the toilet for something to read

>Get to the Armageddon part, figure it'll be all the same

>No mention of Governor Von Strab
>Hades Hive falls to Ghaz, barely any mention of the awesome tactics used by Yarrick, like sending the Hive's sewer workers down into the underhive to duke it out with Kommandos in the dark
>Ghaz never captures Yarrick and sends him back down before the 3rd War for Armageddon so he knows he can have a good fight
>No mention of my all-time favorite piece of fluff in the entire goddamn universe (seriously I've always wanted to do up a diorama for this, it's what got me collecting Orks in the first place)

Stop doing this GW.

Like these?

What do you like user

>kroot
>decent melee

are you still in 3ed gramps?

>tfw Iron Warriors taking 3 of these.

I HAVE FORTIFIED THE ENTIRE BOARD, WHAT NOW LOYALISTS?

Start collecting orks because you know deep down you want to have autism

exactly like those. I also like that they all hold the gun in roughly the same way.
Same with the hoplites. they look so dang cool dude

WAAAGH!

Because you want to be a hulking, green, English football hooligan with a machine gun, and you like beating people upside the head with said machine gun, while yelling at the top of your lungs. Joking aside, da Orks are one of the easiest armies to learn Warhammer 40k with, and everybody will love you for playing them. Seriously, everyone loves Orks.

They are objectively fine in melee, are they kings of the hill like dedicated melee from assault focused armies? No, of course not, because they also have fucking guns.

You can't play Tau and expect to have amazing shooting as well as amazing melee, Kroot are as middle of the range in CC as you can find, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Imperial Guard, Skitarii, Necrons or maaaybe CSM. Genestealer Cults appeal to me fluff wise but my meta is saturated with them for FotM reasons

> tfw ctrl+v from 1dAutism

kroot lose vs the most common troop in the game, tactical squad. they even lose vs scouts.

they are worthless trash.

WAAAAAGH

Foit me, ya grot.

I don't think they changed the fluff there, so much as left all the good bits out. This is something they've been steadily doing ever since 6th edition. The 6th edition SoB codex, for example, has less than half the fluff of 2nd or 3rd edition.

pic related

I can also confirm that they're downright murderous on the tabletop, though the rules are currently experimental, so your opponent has to agree to let you bring them.

IW should get BS2 overwatch when manning bought fortifications.

Not played in a long while but thinking about picking it up again, here's the list I came up with but feels like I'm missing out in the psychic phase. Any advice?

Also, fortifications can be occupied and weapons manned by literally any model in an IW army, vehicles and MCs included.

This. I lost a 10man kroot squad to a 5 man striker squad

If you want to have a lot of people here to talk to about your army than Guard is a good choice because a ton play them. Necrons have personality now so if you have been out for a while you might want to see if you still like the lore. Skitarii means playing with with mechanicus as well which those who play have said is annoying. CSM got a new book and now you can run your special chaos warband with rules to go with it. GSC are fun from what I have played and they have good variety in builds

How do you guys deal with Holy Requisitioners? They keep foiling my plans with deathstar deep strikes right on objectives I need.

I have been on edge of starting to plan out for somesort of Imperial or Deldar army this year. Was thinking of either getting some of the standalone games, either Assassinorum: Execution Force (for possible future assassins to add in army) or then pick up the upcoming Gangs of Comorragh. Enjoyed Space Hulk so far so thought maybe one or the other of those would not be bad, and perhaps pave way for future army, so asking here what are the thoughts on the Assassinorum game as it is quite pricey. Worth it?

Shoot them with 10,000 boltguns or tie them up in melee

You're talking about a head swap.

Just build your rangers with helmets rather than hoods.

Or do what I did an build all your vanguard with galvanic rifles and just feign ignorance when people tell you they've got the wrong guns.

They are also 6 fucking points each with a S4 AP6 gun and AP5 melee attacks with the ability to all upgrade to snipers for peanuts. Of COURSE they're not as good as Tacticals.

Man, Secutarii models were disappointing as fuck considering they have brilliant rules.

I wanted some techno-tribal shit like Titanicus describes the Titan legion's skitarii being.

what the fuck does their guns and their sniper ability have to do with their close combat ability?

they suck at what they should be good at. buying sniper rounds and shooting MCs totally works.

>Boo hoo, I can't shit up multiple threads

It's pretty fun in a Splinter Cell sort of way. Not as replayable as something like Space Hulk, though they do have alternate rules you can use to shake things up. The value for the models is pretty good as well.

wouldn't that make them look a bit weird to other people? WYSIWYG and all that, since it's easy to see the head and think they're something else?

>the rules are currently experimental

Yeah, something tells me they're not making it into a future codex with their current rules, the peltasts are unbalanced as hell.

Question what Knight is better for SoB.

Asume the MSU flamer squads, MSU melta Dominions and Exorcist fun.

Question why do they sell Knight with different guns separately, it would be like selling Predator tanks in different boxes because one has lass and other auto guns.

Damn it GW stop being so greedy

Point is, you don't take kroots for their melee prowess. You take them for cheap infiltrating harrashment units. Sometimes you can screen other units with just the ammount of bodies they have but kroots won't last in melee and won't do significant damage in melee without some extreme dice rollling, in which point any unit is a good melee unit if you roll only 6's and opponent fails their saves.

Well if you're Marines just do the same thing but better with drop pods on the first turn, and be Ob sec if you're in a Battle Company.

And Breacher units are hardly Deathstars, 2W T5 3+ sounds nice until you realise they are some of the easiest fuckers to bog down in melee ever.

Cohort Cybernetica on the other hand is a monster of a Deathstar and is actually held back by the fact that they are MC instead of infantry.

Yeah my ex girlfriend's kid brother had a crons army and he let me borrow his codex because I used to play them so I'm up to speed. Erring towards them or Guard at the moment. Thanks user.

So now Creed is canonically the most incompetent character in 40k having lost the battle that defined him and being stuck on Trazyn's shelf, who will take his place as IG's HNIC? Or is IG just an npc race?

The Return of Lord Solar Macharius through a freak warpstorm :^)

>Question what Knight is better for SoB.
>Asume the MSU flamer squads, MSU melta Dominions and Exorcist fun.
Personally, I would bring a Knight Crusader. The army you described needs more long-range firepower.

Sounds rather interesting, I was indeed thinking it would be worth of the model price but glad to hear the gameplay might be fun too, even though not long lasting. Also getting those chaos forces to sacrifice for Paint Tutorial Gods, rawharhawh!

>Crisis are pretty good in melee
>I2, no AP, non-ATSKNF/Fearless

user, I...

They don't have to be a good melee unit, They literally just have to screen. Guardsmen aren't good melee units, sure you can take a hundred of them and make them fearless, but you don't actually expect them to kill much, that's just a happy accident if it happens.

Tau is a shooting army, always were, always will be, their melee units are therefore designed to be able to fend off early charges but still have guns to join in with the rest of the army.

everyone's an NPC race

player input in the setting hasn't been a thing for years

>They don't have to be a good melee unit,

yes they do. they used to be good at melee.

As long as you find some way to distinguish between Rangers and Vanguard, I don't think WYSIWYG is that much of a problem. I use Forgeworld tech-thralls with Skitarii hoods for my two 5 man Ranger units, the rest of my army is Vanguard with galvannic rifles and helmets, because I liked how that looked more than the regular atom-punk rifles the Vanguard are supposed to have.

3 attacks on the charge, T4, S5, 22ppm, 3+

vs anything with power weapons they get obliterated, but other than that they are surprisingly effective

>So now Creed is canonically the most incompetent character in 40k having lost the battle that defined him

He was always going to lose Cadia.

Yeah it could work

Well as the shooting capabilities of the Tau increased exponentially, something had to give. It would either be a substantial price hike for those ranged units, or a reduction in the effectiveness of another aspect. Jack of all Trades army has already been done, and it's Marines.

I think we all have lost the really important question here. What fast melee armies is he having trouble with in his local meta

He's also never done anything else worth mentioning. Cadia was his thing and he lost it almost immediately after being put in charge.

Why not?

Can anybody tell me where to find the "Triumphirate" rules and whether there is a "How to paint Death Watch"pdf out there?

I say Space Wolves.

Our survey says......

To be honest riptides are probably the best tau melee unit, and they also happen to be their best ranged unit.

Take 5

You can find the Triumvirate rules in the Fall of Cadia book namefag.

Thoughts on this?

Cool, how do I remove the filth regarding fielding an Apocalyse thing in a normal game.

Fucking GW mixing shit up for greed sake

Is even possible to paint the bloody thing with a decent quality without an airbrush?

Y'vhara being able to charge after moving 24" gets a special mention, also gets blind along with his fear

What could Space Wolfs, being a meelee'ish Army, do against Tau, shooting them off board before they arrive?

Thunderwolf spam?

(me, being serious here)

What colour scheme?

Cheers, generic fag. But I was hoping for a few seperate .pdfs.

Will make my own then, I guess.

Consider this: what are the going to assault that won't just kick the shit out of them other than a unit of guardsmen that will be dead from your shooting by the time they get to assault anyway.

2 wulfen murderhorde formations

free movement before the game starts, 3++ and rapes everything in melee

add a droppod dread and thunderwolves

Never make a list based on how you think a battle will go, always plan for the worst happening, terrible terrain placement, going second, indirect fire of their own.

Personally I would find 50 points to spend on a Aegis Defence Line and whack some camo nets on your arty, 3+ cover is a godsend for powerful but flimsy Wyverns.

Dark Artisan (with WWP)
Canoptek Harverst
CCB Overlord
Dreadknight
Deathwatch bike
Shadowstrike formation (the one with VVs and Scouts)

We don't have furries here. For some reason, whenever people touch them, either they never play again or just move to another codex.

Cadian camo pattern, why?

Sure, thin layers.
For optimum smoothness I'd almost say prime white/grey and then work with layers and washes only.

You asked for thoughts on it, that was mine.

I see. Thank you.
When you recommen2 2 Murderpacks, which is 2-5 units of Wulfen, i.e. 10 - 25 models, how many would you recommend?

Of course, but having a general plan doesn't seem like it's a bad Idea either. The only "reliant" factor is based on slapping my artillery behind cover. Not hard unless there just isn't going to be buildings.