/cyoag/ CYOA General

F-F-F-Fresh Tthhhrrrreeeeeaaaad

Usual stuff:
>Previous Thread:
>Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu (embed)

New gallery.

Repostan the latest Lavender update. Still listening to suggestions and concerns.

I suppose I'm still working on the compendium of player's builds thing, so you're welcome to contribute builds+writeups to that if you haven't already.

No, I'm not adding support for 3,000 different fungi sexes

THIS TIME WILL DEFINITELY BE THE TIME FRIENDS

This early in the thread? Come on, man, Beri know to wait until post 250 at the earliest.

>tmw you're so excited to get into a new gallery you don't even remember if the pic you're posting was used in a previous one, but sure hope it wasn't

has this pic ever been used before?

First time I've ever been on when one of these was happening.

Slave elf user plz, that shit's supposed to be ready by now.

I'M SO SORRY

Things were going so well in the beginning but I've spent three hours looking for ten pictures.

So what CAN you put in a gallery except endless waifu pics?

Someone's already tried to get that one in before but Beri denied it because it's 2lewd.

the best part of galleries is when three tards post nine waifu pics and then none of the actual choices with those images have any waifu content in them

FUUUCK
YOU DONT DO THAT SHIT AT THE START OF A THREAD
YOU DUMB IDIOT

>three tards post nine waifu pics
I usually only post a single image, and whenever I post a waifu one I hope Beri will write it as a "be the girl" option instead of a waifu option, sadly he pretty much always writes them as waifus.

no, he usually writes them as characters that do random shit, not characters that exist for the reader to get cheap wanking material from

Why don't you post a picture of a marketplace, a lamp illuminating the night sky, a magical book, a setting at dawn?
Shit, the possibilities are endless.
You give far too little credit to Beri.

The secret is to take the waifu pics but make them something else. It adds to the CYOA, and it frustrates the horndogs.

Egg-sactly. This is good shit. I for one like it when the obvious fetish trash becomes non-fetish options

I'm pretty sure this gallery should have already closed. Genie? You still awake?

No I'm not the gallery poster. He's got his eighteen images, and a few to spare, so we can return to our regularly scheduled /cyoag/

If this turns out to be another troll gallery, the silver lining is that eventually, people will stop taking the bait.

A gallery just closed. A perfect time to post a finished gallery.

ha, i like your wishful thinking, its cute

>people are much more inclined to worry about not
What did he mean by this?

*you.
I'll fix it.

Reminder to please point out any typos you find so that I can fix them.

he meant that people are much more inclined to worry about not

Oh. I don't want it. I don't want people to worry about me, definitely not in a smothering, motherly fashion.
Does the Genie feature take-backs?

Sorry, that's the danger of blind picks / being stuck with what you post.

Dang dammit

Eternal Interest. No question.

>Physical
>Mental
>I'm No Superman
So if I'm a little bit more charismatic than someone, they physically can't refute any of my arguments? Well then.

>Mental
>Physical
>Expedition

Because fuck this gay earth.

>Mental
>Bio-Constructor
>Augmentation (Sensory and Body Systems)

I blind picked anxiety, cute burdens and gooey like.. two threads ago?

Anxiety's description actually gave me a boner for reasons I cannot quite put into words. Cute burdens sounds adorable and heartwarming. Gooey is pretty much what I expected, but the perks are nice. Even comes with a hidden immortality option. Or maybe not that hidden if you know how Beri operates, but still.

- Fixed that two kingdoms were named the same thing (Elmata). Renamed the third last Kingdom. That's the only change
And to the user who asked last thread, no, I did not write a Phoenix King build for Domain Master.

So will people even care if the new phoenix king just fucks off to be a traveler or will they just be relieved they're not like the last one?

Assuming user uses the first 18, hell, I'm posting some of those myself for the next one if I'm able. They look way cooler than all the waifus.

>So will people even care if the new phoenix king just fucks off to be a traveler
Nope. Second Phoenix King did that.
It isn't mentioned, but there is a gap between when the Phoenix King is reborn. If you're smart, you could potentionally never let anyone know.
But then you'd have to not use your abilities
>will they just be relieved they're not like the last one?
That too. Third Phoenix King was an edgelord.
Don't post multiple images user. Let other people get a shot.

Made this last night but nobody played it.

Bumping the Lavender Update, since it got buried in the new gallery...

>Mall
>Zipper - blazin' orange and badass green
>Giant slide - red, white 'n blue
>Carousel - Rocket ships
>Hybrid - No-bar - Kiddie lift hill - Water tunnel, Banked turn, Camelback Hill, Falling Helix
>Princesses, Satan
Thought of going Princesses + Pirates for 2cute pirate waifus, but this is funnier
Not sure how all this fits inside a Mall but whatevs

Is there a need to mention Camelback Hill requires a minimum speed of 20 MPH when that's the lowest speed?

It's a bit sparse to be honest.

>City

>Bumper Cars
>Bumper Boats

>Steel
>Inverted
>Insanity Lift Hill
>14 Loops
>Skeletons, Satan

>Name: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
>Gold
>Silver

Yeah they did. I saw at least one or two builds for it. An island and something else.

I really try to make this but I missed in the Track zone, I can't figure out how to deal with the min speeds

Island
Log Flume (Gold Mine) + Centrifuge (Enclosed) + Fun House (Mad Scientist)
Steel Shoulder Bar + Insanity Lift Hill with a rising helix, a top hat, and a hammerhead somewhere in there. Probably a water tunnel too. Space/Sci Fi theme, call it Warp Overload
Second coaster is a wooden with a large lift hill followed by hills of varying size and banked turns. Dinosaur and satan themed, like you're trying to outrun shit. Call it ESCAPE FROM JURASSIC HELLSCAPE

I feel like my pick of "Cute Burdens" has ruined any use I could ever get from "I'm no Superman."
At least Eternal Interest is kinda nice.

>I feel like my pick of "Cute Burdens" have ruined any use I could ever get from "I'm no Superman."
Nah, you just need to be the bigger bully that bullies the bully that bullies the cute things.

Spring
Seems like a good time to solidify your influence before summer.

Red because of the POWER. You want to know my secret? I'm always angry.

King
Instinct
Mastery

Make threats, act upon them. Burn everything and everyone that opposes me. Those who beg for their lives may live and those who support me would only feel warmth.

Ricina will be the first. The unfallable, the center of the world, the mecca of posperity. And I will take it for myself. Brick by brick if necessary.

That sound send a message to the rest.

But no matter how much I bully, the Pure Souls of the Cute Things I attract will constantly be weakening me.

Is this how Wraeththu are made

I like it so far, both the general idea and the amount of kingdoms and details about them. But it feels too short. It could benefit from companions, further character creation, powers, boons and possibly drawbacks, or perhaps simply "quest" ideas and paths you could take as the king. As you yourself said, you could either try to be a conqueror or just a general adventurer. That could be elaborated upon and presented as choices, maybe?

Well of course! Bullying is wrong, so you can't do it in front of them. You just need to tell them to stay home while you "politely talk it out" with the bully.

Is your plan to start blowing things up immediately or will there be a grazing period where you familiaize yourself with the new world?

And when they leave, I'll be accosted by more Cute Things.
Furthermore, If I indulge the cute things too much, I will accumulate an abundance of Good Karma, thus gaining a Pure Heart myself. Cute Burdens is Basically I'm no Superman's Kryptonite.

Oh lord I chose chocolate Gfs, succubus mom and yandere girl did I get a badend?

>But it feels too short
awww gee thanks
>companions
I had plans for an ally/enemy section, but I couldn't think of a way where it didn't feel shoehorned. Unfortanetely that means the Cult of Phoenix isn't canon...
>more powers
Well I'm not really shyure what moer you need. I made the powers you could get broad and, well, powerful. rather than many weak
>drawbacks
no. A king doesn't have weaknesses plus it forces min/maxing which is dull
>quests
The world is your oyster. All the kingdoms are potential quests. Or do you mean "I would like you to spell out the potential quests each kingdom has" ?

> As you yourself said, you could either try to be a conqueror or just a general adventurer. That could be elaborated upon and presented as choices, maybe?
I can't follow this logic. I don't see a need to spell out something that comes naturally - you're asking me to limit the "Adventure" part rather than leave it open to interpretation.
Why do you believe this would nehance your experience?

Spring

Purple

Form
Feather
Rekindle

Shien

Take over from Sultan with purple fire. Acquire spices. Be a real spicy bird.

I'll admit that it would certainly make things more difficult.

Well the first week or so I'd investigate. Then make my presence and power known by obliterating something of significant but small, like one of their farms or storehouses. And by obliterate I mean burn everything until there is nothing left but soot, ash and perhaps a crater.

Then claim responsibility for the attack, make my demands clear and see what happens. The harder they fight back the brighter my fire. It's best they just surrender, but they probably won't. Probably lay a one man raiding party onto the capital and farms until they break which my estimate would be probably around winter when their supplies run low.

Grazing's for herbivores and pussies. The Phoenix King should go in guns blazing.

>I can't do this all on my own, no I know...

Anyway, let's see.
>Machine
>Physical
>Bio-constructor

Why you gotta always make the symbiote option so evil Beri?

>Why you gotta always make the symbiote option so evil Beri?
If you can find an image of a cute, happy-go-lucky symbiote, it'll most likely be the most friendly thing in the world. They just tend to look evil, therefore they are.

>I can't follow this logic

Not who you were talking to but more content generally adds more depth to the world. Optional objectives with awards let us know a little bit more about what is happening in the world while adding another set of choices to make.

I like the CYOA but as it stands there's really only two options that make much of a difference. Seasons change and your starting location has relatively little bearing on what you do/where you go from there. There's flame which lets you choose 1 of 5 big powers and Powers which lets you choose any 3 of 8 smaller ones.

It's polished but a little shallow.

>They just tend to look evil, therefore they are
:(

But Beri, that's judging someone by their looks!

Why you gotta be so prejudiced? We can't all be cute slimes.

Judging by looks is the entire point of the CYOA. You post an image and the choice is based on the looks. Otherwise, you'd get a lot more options that are irrelevant to what is posted.

>We can't all be cute slimes.

You're just not trying hard enough.

You know, I've thought about that setting precisely zero times since before I started on this project.

Looking at the options as they are, though, it is entirely possible to create something similar to those things.

I don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, hey, flexibility! On the other hand, Wraeththu.

Damn you user for pointing that out.

Anti-mushroom oppression.

Can I pull like a Zeus and give birth out of my thigh or brain?

Yes!
Good plan. Start with destroying something that won't make the city worse off when you tak echarge.
>more content
But it's not more content. It's just... instead of you saying "I want to adventure!" and another saying "I want to burn this kingdom to the ground and take over", you're instead adding two options to pick. Options that you already picked in the story-after-the-build.
I just don't see a reason to add that.
>Optional objectives
I believe these are already added, implicitly. Kill the gryphons in Spier and they will be grateful, find the sultan's brother and let him become king etc.
They carry rewards without being written out and solidified, i.e. "make the brother become sultan = you get this reward, and only this reward".

I siimply don't agree with what you're suggesting. Most of your suggestions, to me, limit the imagination part of the cyoa. and tyes the cyoa is shallow. I had the idea for a while, wanted to make a power fantasy cyoa for bliss, and i needed experience doing world building to git gudder as an author.

BITE ZA DUSTO

You can still do a mushroom, but the headache of instantiating genders I can't even begin to conceptualize is all yours

Gate to ecstasy (random-ass locations)
- reproductive channel

Sure. Prolly won't be too sexy, though.

>Physical
Finally, my hopes were not in vain.
>Eternal Interest
Might as well go full waifu, otherwise it would probably be pretty hard to find a partner that is as long-lived as I am.
>Mental
Could be useful for paying back the loan, or just to convince the creditor to stop including payments as part of her romantic overtures.

Any good options for pulling a Franken Fran on people?

>Meme Magic
I'll take it. Only through the power of memes can we get Moot back.

Had to look it up.

I guess Flesh Union and Echo Bestowal?

yandere, no question.

Moot got hired by Google user, he is never coming back.

>JUSTICE
>Succubus mom (become succubus girl)
>Honeypot
I am not turned on by this

Wishes: Physical, Mental, Gooey

Hopefully with physical I can hold myself together better than my pink friend. Time to look for other monster things.