Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Stupid FAQ butthurt edition.

Last >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Be wary of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>melee race
>I2

First for Nids. What are your guys' thoughts on platoon-like unit selection for Tyranids?

Q: I have a question about the Stormraven Gunship’s Transport
Capacity, specifically its ability to transport a Dreadnought –
what Walkers fit in that spot? Just the standard Dreadnought or
can I put a Contemptor in there?
A: A Space Marine Stormraven Gunship can Transport
any kind of Space Marine Dreadnought (e.g. a
Dreadnought, a Venerable Dreadnought, an Ironclad
Dreadnought or a Contemptor Dreadnought).

> ANY KIND OF DREADNOUGHT

LEVIATHANS GO IN STORM RAVENS. LEVIATHANS CAN EMBARK IN STORMRAVENS. RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND FUCKING TEAR.

Hmm in what way?

BINGO FOR THE BINGO GODS. FREE TILE IS LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHTS, COURTESY OF FLYING FUCKING LEVIATHANS HERE TO RIP THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IN HALF.

Tyranids count MCs as taking up 20 standard infantry spaces, so I imagine the same would apply for walkers.

So this is my list which I think is pretty well rounded. Any tweaks or criticisms?

IT'S THE OUTCOME NOBODY EXPECTED

Also fuck drop pods glad they god the bullshit with doors fixed

Like taking Gaunts or hormagaunts at base and purchasing warriors, venomthropes, zoanthropes, and maybe pyrovores, all as one troop choice. It might clear up the extreme competition in the Elite slot for the army.

Why there is no "twin threrads"?

Stormravens have a special kind of relationship with walkers. They have space for BOTH infantry, and a dreadnought. There's a set of Mag-clamps on the back of the stormraven that literally hoists dreadnoughts into the air, suspended right underneath the stormraven.

So what if your uprising has been planned for 230 years, I have a floating skull.

>pyrovores
You lost me there user :^)
But still i dont know if it'd be a good idea.

I'm trying to get my gf into the hobby and she likes nids
what sets should I get for her, I have some nids from the old Macragge set and from that Blood Angles box a few years ago.

Both are good, the Nid starter set on top of that is a great deal.

the start collecting set? Should I also get her the one set that has the tervigon and like 18 more gaunts?

Probably, having a lot of gaunts is a cornerstone. Zoanthropes are great too.

thanks bruv, I might try to sell her on some memestealer cults as well so she can have more than just bugs.

Page 46 – Faction and Allies
Add the following to the end of the rst paragraph: ‘Transports from this Faction can transport Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus and Inquisition units as if they were all of the same Faction.’

Thanks I guess? But I wanted to know how the fuck does it work for armies that do not have access to Valkyries or Chimeras already you fucking twats

my sides

How does this look for a 1000pt Iron Hands list? Going up against a Riptide, but otherwise casual.

What FAQ? you mean the facebook fan supplement? :^)

Explain this?

Some guy was trolling Veeky Forums the other day calling the FAQ a fan supplement and i like to try and say dead memes

Ah fair enough.

Cawl Deleted System 32 and Cadia blew up :^)

It's actually on the GW website now so fuck you buddy

>chick likes nids

every fucking time, picked up some metamorphs the other day some chick struck up a 15 min long conversation in the shop.

user please

Every time we talk about chicks and nids this fucking picture shows up and i feel akward for wanting to watch girls review these

Sisters of Battle, Assassins, Grey Knights and Deathwatch can't start in them :^)

>Alright Inquisitor, let us rain the Emperor's hellfire upon the foe!
>What? This is MY Valkyrie! Get your own, boob nun!

how much grav can i put into an cult mechanicus army without being accused of spamming grav ?
I have to beat the local " that guy ", but i dont want the other people at my store to think i am a waacfag.
I know that he will field many terminators and Landraider
We will play a 2750 point game

Dawn Willow if I remember correctly.

>termies in land raiders
>waacfag

Not sure if the IA transport FAQ or the Genestealer familiar one is more insulting

>look I posted it again

well, i only played against him once before, so i had to rely on what the others told me and they told me that he is a waacfag.

Sorry if i am wrong and he isnt a waacfag, but i still want to beat him because of how he behaves outside of the battlefield

Oh. Well just take shitloads of Kataphrons and an allied Skyhammer annihilation force with grav cannons.

Anybody had any experiences with mono harlie lists?

Thinking about fucking some shit up with the true eldar clown ninja homies.

From what I've seen, they are glass cannons to the extreme. Very hard to play solo, you really need to know what you're doing.

At least DW get pods and GKs have storm ravens. Sisters are just fucked.

>40k on twitch
>the ork codex is amazing
oh fuck off GW

Q: Do Servo Skulls prevent a unit from using the Cult Ambush
special rule within range?
A: Only when that ability is being used before the
game for units using Cult Ambush as they Infitrate. In
subsequent game turns Servo Skulls will not affect units
using Cult Ambush at all.

new faqs get them while they are fucking whiney bitches

i dont have spacys for a skyhammer annihilation force, but some of my friends will be more than willing to lend me theirs if it is to beat that guy

warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

How tank shook works?
Your vehicle takes a happy ride. Some enemy models are on its way. Those models are taking morale test. And then what? I'm reading about it 4th time and still don't get it.

>Genestealer familiar one
What did i miss

Tank Shock

Are you, by chance, four?

Genestealer familiars now attack using the Attack profile of the unit they're attached to rather than the flat 2 the codex gives them.

Yes, it's that stupid.

Stormraven can only transport Dreadnought, Venerable Dreadnought, or Ironclad Dreadnought. It can also transport Death Company Dreadnought, Furioso Dreadnought, and Librarian Dreadnought.

I'm unsure about Space Wolf Dreadnoughts. My guess is they used to be able to but can no longer do so due to the new ally transport rules.

Stormraven can not fit Contemptor, Contemptor Mortis, Deredeo, Leviathan

Grey Knights FAQ
>Are you seriously still trying to run a Dreadnought?
>No
>No battle brother transports, retard
>Why the fuck would GK use a different codex's relics?
>You're locked in combat fuckhead

Seriously...who asked this shit and frequently at that? They did not even need to make a Grey Knight FAQ.

>GW still won't own up to fucking up the Orbs of Despair for Haemy Covens with a typo

What's stopping it? You can clearly see the FAQ that says it can carry any Space Marine dreadnought.

Those are some weird genestealer tongue bitz user

40k Leviathan can take non-dedicated regular Drop Pods unlike the 30k one which can only take dread pods in case you guys didn't know. It just can't take a dedicated pod.

Looking to get back into 40k after a while of not playing and the new GSC army caught my eye. Is this a decent list to initially shoot for?

Oh you just arrived?

>Someone in chat complains about Orks being overcosted
>Irish guy says "Orks are great for their points cost"

>Rob says lol no Orks in Tournaments because they all die
>Someone in chat calls him out on that
>LOL JOKES GUYS I LOVE ORKS ;DDD

And various other anti-Ork / Orks are OP comments

>5 points for doubling a Patriarchs attacks
>it has now 8 I7 Rending S6 attacks
>5 points
Umm.

Wait they fixed drop pods? Where is this information?

>mob rule on a 4-6, a fight breaks out between the boys
>"shouldn't the hits be at strength 3, the base strength of the boys, and not 4?"
>"no. They're really fired up :^) "
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Toypics.

Just beware, they've a... modern definition of "girls"

The fucking idiots meant to say "Initiative" but said Attacks, so now (until the errata) the Patriarchs Familiars have 4 attacks each

you just missed

>Orks are just for fun XD so what if you lose every game!

They are fucking mocking us

I remember there was a geedubs walk through, but I dunno where it is. But I'll summarize.

1. You may pre-measure your tank shock distance.
2. Declare the vehicle that will be attempting the tank shock, it's direction, and how far it'll be going when it does, up to its maximum speed. This is usually 12".
3. Move the vehicle that distance, rolling for dangerous terrain as normal. If the vehicle comes into contact with an enemy unit, they roll Leadership, and a fsil makes them fall back. If they succeed, they get Death or Glory, and if THAT fails, pick the vehicle up and move it over the unit until it's reached the full distance you declared.
4. Any models UNDER the vehicle must move out of its space to the 1" exclusion distance by the shortest path possible. Note I only mention models UNDER THE vehicle. If there are models in the unit that aren't under the vehicle, they don't move.
5. Any models that can't find space to move to without breaking unit cohesion or any of the other rules concerning model placement are crushed.

This system is designed so that smaller units are harder to affect with this rule. If the entire unit fits under the vehicle then they can all move, making displacement much easier. However, if the vehicle only covers part of a unit, suddenly their fellow models are an obstacle and could cause them to be crushed!

>Traitor Legions Faq
>Alpha Legion cultist respawning rules
>"These rules do not interact in any stackable way"
For what purpose

Familiars are still S4

But you can buy two to triple the number also

Thank you.

Oh well. Still, 10 points for essentially +8 attacks? Fuck. Me.

It's a misprint, attacks should read initiative so enjoy it while it lasts

>orks are just for fun XD
Does that mean orks don't need to follow detachment limits anymore? They are for fun after all

Fair enough, quads dont lie

To ruin the only good meme of 2016.

Sigh...
Fuck.

But it makes the Alpha Legion decurion effectively worthless, aside from a WT reroll. It literally provides no other benefit

>Stream just admitted you can straight up ignore rules for the sake of FUN

So. What rules are you going to ignore to make your game FUN!?

Well.. er... you can.. use that.. one other cultist formation.. maybe

I would
If there were one

Nope. the ONLY way to take cultists in an Alpha Legion decurion is in the respawning cultist formation.

Lovely and fluffy, but how come your second neophyte detachment is packing shotguns?

Yeah, much as i love AL, I'm glad i went with DG

I f i and my opponent both dislike the same rule, then we obviously ignore it aslong as we are both okay with it.

Guess GSC will have to do.. fuck you GW

Good thing i haven't started painting the 65 additional cultists i bought.

anybody have the link for the white dwarf about genestealer cults??? it was on top of one of the previous generals but i cant find it. thx

First OP mega link, White Dwarf Catalogue, October 2016

We'll have to reFAQ them and ask if Cult Uprising is intended to have no effect.

Not being able to start in allied transports.
It fucks over my friend's Harlequins and fucks over my battle sisters.

ty sir

Just bombing their email with questions you mean?

Fuck allied transports. Just another reason allies are stupid cheesy shit. Yeah let's just take another army's superior transports.

It fucks over my Grey Knights/Inquisitors, too. I hate it and it makes no sense.

Thats nnot new user, its been in the rulebooks for quite some time.

Email, every chaos/AL related FB post, twitch game.

Tankbustas gonna bust sum tanks.
Mon rule brawl gonna be s3
Gitfinda gonna work with S&P/Relentless.
Cybork gonna stack.

I don't see what it even breaks if youre battlebrothers. Harlequins take deldari for raiders anyway, they just stand outside it T1
The only stupid shit I imagine is stuff like termies in vAlkyries but that doesn't even seem good.

Allies are more busted from psychic shenanigans and the fact that allies are based upon lore and not balance.

Hey, can anyone post the screen of the imperial guard planet with a population so huge people said the planet was made of guardsmen ?

War Convo with allied transports broke the game.