Primarchs

I have a bet with a friend, Veeky Forums. I hope you can help me settle it.

How many Primarchs are there? 21, 20, 19, or 18?
What are their names?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Malice
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Malice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are 18 Primarchs.

There are 21 because the XX legion has two.

Which is it?
18 or 21?

It's 21. 19 of which have names that are known to us.

21 grand total.

19 are known to us, and 18 are named by Imperial Records (but acknowledging that 2 more have existed)

>It's 21.
>19 are known to us, and 18 are named by Imperial Records (but acknowledging that 2 more have existed)
18+2=20 =/= 21

If we don't know their names, how do we know if they exist? Did anyone count the number of tubes the Emperor used?

Why doesn't the Emperor himself count?

Plus 2 that are missing/never found/killed and wiped from the record.
Also, Alpha Legion has 2 primarchs (Alpharius and Omegon), so that brings it up to 21.

>Why doesn't the Emperor himself count?
Because he's the Emperor, not a primarch. He's in a whole 'nother class.

If we're counting clones like Alpharius and Omegon then we should be counting Fabius Bile's creations.

Alpha legion had 2 primarchs and the primarchs of the II and XI legions are confirmed absent, either never found or they did something so bad that the Emperor had them and their legions expunged from Imperial records.

>18 named legions
>one legion has twin primarchs
>2 expunged legions/primarchs
>19+2=21

How sure are we that Omegon isn't one of the two missing primarchs?

>Plus 2 that are missing/never found/killed and wiped from the record.
Sounds more like "never existed" to me.

There about 21 if we count the missing primarchs.

All of the Primarchs are clones. So, yeah, Fabius Bile's creations should count. So, there where like, what? 134 Primarchs?

Twins =/= clones

>How many Primarchs are there?
The other two do not officially exist. Games Workshop doesn't own the copyright to them. And, only things they own the copyright to count as cannon, which is why Malal isn't a thing.

>What are their names?
Here are all 19 names.

Why the fuck are they numbered 1 through 20, then?

It's something alike their batch number.

Except they were. Even during the Horus Heresy series, the two 'Missing' Primarchs are referenced by the remaining ones in hushed tones. During False Gods, in Horus' dream sequence while he is being corrupted by Chaos, while he remarks that statues of the 9 Traitor primarchs are missing, he also specifies the two others and realizes that the 9 had suffered the same fate by 40k.

Not only that, but the Space Wolves were the ones assigned to exterminate them. There are two operations early in the Crusade listed by date, but are otherwise completely off the record. Originally, the Legion remnants from the two Legions were used as one of the explanations as to why the Ultramarines (and possibly other Legions) had such high numbers. But now that most Legions had 100-200k troops standard, I'm not sure where this factors in anymore.

The two 'missing' primarchs are there, just like how the number of total Marine chapters is undefined, as a 'mysterious' explanation for 'your doods'. With how the Horus Heresy series has been advancing, I get the feeling they might reveal it some day (at this rate), but until that day comes it's just a little side detail to give your guys some speshul snowflake personality if you don't like the other 18.

>19
>The other two do not officially exist. Games Workshop doesn't own the copyright to them. And, only things they own the copyright to count as cannon.

Ding ding ding, the correct answer!

>all 19 names
>considers the Emperor at the power levels of a Primarch
>completely forgets Lorgar

2/10, you kind of tried.

> Sons_of_Malice_Pre-Heresy.png

That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Primarchs were created by Emps. Even the Alpharius/Omegon twins, which might have been a "natural" occurance.

>Sons_of_Malice_Pre-Heresy

Inquisition here
delete this immediately

>Lemun

this wankfest with Wolves as the "executioners" is so goddamn retarded jesus christ

Alpharius and Omegon may count as a single Primarch

I don't like these drawings.

>or they did something so bad that the Emperor had them and their legions expunged from Imperial records
this always befuddled me, because Horus and the rest of the traitor Primarchs and their legions were never "struck or deleted" and they fucking threw the whole crusade and imperium on it's head!

What would be so heinous as to make sure they were forbidden to be mentioned, even in private between the primarchs themselves, I wonder?

Its on the wiki.
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Malice
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Malice

I know user. I mean, what could be fucking worse than Horus, Lorgar, etc?

Eh. I'm an EC guy myself. As much as the SW love fluffing themselves up, they're little better than attack dogs, same as the World Eaters (formerly the War Hounds). They're both one-trick ponies with very little that's actually interesting about them. The only difference between the two is that while the Wolves aren't exactly the smartest Legion, they'll actually follow orders.

Don't stoop to their level. If their 'best' is "Axe to the face", let them jerk themselves off.

Quite likely something involving xenos, maybe even incorporating xenos DNA into the primarch. The Imperium loses it's shit over anything alien, even during the Crusades.

Right, so there are 20. That's the correct answer, so that who wins the bet.

There are 20 Legions and 20 Primarchs.

I don't know how a bunch of Veeky Forums could even be arguing about this.

/thread

I've always kinda thought that the two that are expunged "rebelled" against the Emperors imperium, not wanting to bow to his laws. Kinda like a prequel heresy, but without the touch of the warp at all.

Remember, it was at the Emperors word that they were expunged and cast away. Maybe, had Horus not succeeded in wounding the Emperor and the HH had been put down in it's earlier stages with Big E still alive, all of the Traitor legions would have been expunged as well?

>20 Legions and 21 Primarchs
ftfy

also
>threading your own post

They can't be, because one is a Traitor Legion.

Nice picture for ants. Try again with better proof, or a bigger picture.

>They can't be, because one is a Traitor Legion
oh, look, I didn't realize that:

A)You decide my headcanon to something that isn't known/revealed yet
B)You work at GW and decided the lore of that aaaall by yourself.

>Games Workshop has long explained the game play purpose for these "deleted" Space Marine Legions: they are available to help those who wish to develop their own, custom Astartes Legions. The idea is that because there were 20 Space Marine Legions created by the Emperor, and half turned to Chaos but half stayed Loyal, these two lost Legions would represent equivalent sources for new custom-made Space Marine Chapters and Chaos Space Marines warbands.

>How many Primarchs are there? 21, 20, 19, or 18?
I guess there is no answer. Without copyright, all four numbers are reasonable.

Don't mind me, just best primarch coming through

you mean most autistic, right?

>Plus 2 that are missing/never found/killed and wiped from the record.

>either never found

Bullshit. They were confirmed found and met most of their brothers and even fought alongside them. Stop making up shit.

Because they didn't do something worse. There was just more infrastructure in place to make sure that what they did was thoroughly erased from history. It's easier to hide the spill on the carpet than it is to hide the fact that half the house is on fire.

False. This has never been expressed as the original reason but instead as a band-aid to a mistake. The original reason is when the Heresy was first being written about, they had written that there were 20 legions, but when it came time to publish, they realized they only had 18 descriptions written up, so they left the other two blank.

I win the bet:
I bet him Veeky Forums would not be able to agree on an answer.

I bet the Sun is gonna rise tomorrow morning.

YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!

Look at XX.

LOOK AT IT YOU DENSE BASTARD! LOOK AT IT!

There are two heads to that Hydra Legion.

Two heads and one Primarch

Space Wolves are the only dudes who fit the role of executioners anyhow, bar the WE or NL. On a side note NL were in a sense the judges.

Alpha Legionnaire spotted! Strike from the skies brothers!

Yeah, but he though something as straightforward as "how many primarchs are there" would be clear cut. He though autistic people liked black and white answers.

18, technically 19.

18 and 19 are two different numbers.

[Citationus Needus]

Like it would be hard to make up two more guys.

the universe knows of 18 primarchs
but Alpharius has a twin, Omegon, making 19
neck yourself

Holy shit when did her rack get that huge?

I can't believe we can't agree on the number of Primarchs being between 18-21

Source needed.

The difference is the World Eaters rejected their role as attack dogs to become a full on berserker sledgehammer, which makes them at least a bit more interesting then the heresy Space Wolves

>The Emperor is the collective reincarnation of all the shamans of Neolithic humanity's various peoples, the first human psykers.

IDK why they just didn't make a new Emperor. Plenty of psykers to use nowadays.
There are calm places in the Warp, as well as shielded ones.

You could remake the Emperor.

Who's going to make him? Where did they get that knowledge? How will they hide what they're doing so they don't get skullfucked?

Use magic to look into the past.
>In the end, the shamans decided to pool their collective psychic energies by reincarnating as a single soul in a single human body to create an individual they called "the New Man." The thousands of shamans, as one, took poison, and as one, they died, their souls flowing into the Immaterium in a rush of psychic power that overwhelmed those daemons who sought to feast upon it with a cleansing, purifying fire, a flame imperishable that became one soul out of many. A year later the child who would become the Emperor was born in a Neolithic settlement of Anatolian herders and farmers. His psychic power was so great that its energies altered His genome and physiology in the womb and rendered Him immortal so He would no longer need to reincarnate and could not be assaulted by the daemonic creatures of the Immaterium upon His death.

I think it might be a shoop. You can tell by some of the pixels.

>you think we're bloodthirsty maniacs?
>I'll show you bloodthirsty maniacs

There are 18 Primarchs.

How many people can actually do that with any amount of accuracy? Are they the kind of people who would want a new Emperor? Would they attempt to make an Anti-Emperor? Fucking with the timestream, even just looking at it, doesn't go over well in 40k.

> There are 18 Primarchs

He says, posting a picture with 19 primarchs in it

Alpharius Omegon is one Primarch with two bodies.

Jesus two people itt posting two different pics with 19 primes in it and claiming there's 18

The middle one in that pic is the Emperor.

They're *likened* to that, it's not literally true
> being this dumb

Number 20 and 21.

Then why isn't there a XXI Primarch? They just stop at XX and anymore are never listed.

Extremely

It does if you think of it as before the heresy they commited not the Horus Heresy

There are 7 Primarchs, you idiots. Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey.

>Not only that, but the Space Wolves were the ones assigned to exterminate them.
Friendly reminder that there is no hard proof of this. It's just a theory :)

Sanguinius says the reason he hasn't told the Emperor about the Red Thirst (which the Emperor might be able to fix) is because he worries it might cause the Emperor to instead deem his legion in need of purging for instability, because he knows exactly what happened to his two lost brothers, and somewhat intimates that at least one of them met a similar fate.

So it's possible that they were purged because they, and their legions, were simply too unstable for some reason and the Emperor basically had no choice but to get rid of them, their legions, and completely purge all the data involved.

The sun doesn't rise fucktard, the earth merely rotates so that it's in view.

Are you seriously calling someone a fucktard for using the expression "sunrise"?

Omegon don't real.