Real Life Adventuring

What kind of things could you do in real life that'd be in line with real life adventuring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wikl6tJEPh0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Panthers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Deep sea mining, exploration, science.

White flight will take humanity to the bottom of the ocean before space.

walk around town alone and talk to people

you'd be amazed who you meet

drugs and gangster shit

Go to war-torn countries and failed states.

Hang out with homeless people.

Live innawoods.

Committing heroic deeds worthy of a medal of honor and then stab the President at the award ceremony.

On top of this, join a real life group of murderhobos, selling your services for coin.

The conservation corps. has you deal with problems of small villagers who otherwise don't have the resources to help themselves.

If that isn't adventuring, I don't know what is.

You could move to southeast asia and join a pirate crew, or France and join a merry band of highway robbers, or London and pledge your service to the the Caliph

You could go to Australia and try to live in the outback, or to subsaharan Africa and just try to stay alive, maybe to Venezuela and smuggle goods to help the starving people while combating the tyrannical evil regime

Talking about evil regimes, you could go to Cuba and help the people rise up, or try to take on the might of North Korea with a group of righteous heroes

On a more exploratory approach you could scour the jungles of Indochina for lost temples and hidden riches, or you could follow the hidden clues in Rennaissance art to find all kinds of interesting things in Rome

The world is your oyster OP

I was watching a documentary the other day about some guy following in the footsteps of Alexander as he journeyed towards India. They went high up into the mountains near pakistan and went to a fort which was over 1000 years old. Got destroyed by the Chinese, but it was still marvelous in its ruined state. Not many westerners would have ever seen it given it being so remote. Doing stuff like that counts as adventuring i'm sure.

Go to small towns and villages in America and help them resolve their drug problems and unemployment by training them up and then linking them with investors to improve everyone livelihood.

It's pretty adventurous and you get to see a lot of things and conflicts you will never see before.

Breaking and entering.

You might not like him, but for reals, ask Gropey. LARP, hunting wild pigs with spears, the whole primitive camping thing, touring with the circus, the whole clown gang thing during Katrina... He's an IRL PC.

You forgot the whole 'hunting girls cosplaying as deer girls through the woods' thing.

I spent several months going around the the South Pacific on an adventure.

>You forgot the whole 'hunting girls cosplaying as deer girls through the woods' thing.

WAT

For the wizards whose definition of adventure is study, perhaps that adventure happens through a magical portal in their home, one that lets them talk with other wizards. Perhaps for most, that's enough for them.

For ones that are not satisfied with that though, maybe they move to congregate with other wizards in their region, maybe being dissatisfied with various things such as their knowledge and smell.

Any good stories?

Too many to go into a lot of detail.

That reminds me of the IRL PC story contest he held a few years ago!

Dumping what I got. Gropey is legit cool dude(tm)

Adventure. That's it, really.

Adventure is novelty. Putting yourself into unknowns and rolling with it. The heroes who begin stories with only a want for adventure inevitably find the world is not wonderous in the way they hoped.

Private Security consultant
IE: mercenary

A fap fantasy that didn't happen.

>Except for the facebook pics, ca/tg/irls who fessed up, and the regular /cgl/ threads

Murder people.

Loot stores.

Be homeless.

Suffer random encounters
>Skip class
>Looking at parrots at the park
>Old man appears, in four minutes goes from
>Parrots are nice! to
>So boy, how much do you want to fuck my ass?
>... (what?)

how did that awkward encounter end?

>Gropey
I must be a newfag because I have no idea who this is.

He's been here at least as long as me (8 years). How could you NOT know him?

Gropey's an actual real life clown and adventurer. He's a tripfag, but a decent enough lad. Had a big talk with him in a thread once about the development of American clowning against European clowning.

Been here off and on since 08, never heard of him.

Do you live under a rock?

Trump just took the throne. Stability and rule of law are dead.

We're about to enter a golden age of mercenaries, gun-runners, and CIA-backed right wing death squads the likes of which haven't been seen since the 60s and 70s. Plus, now we've got cyber espionage, mega-corporations expanding into space, pagan meme cults with real magic, transhumanist movements, global jihad, etc.

All you really need for adventure now is a plane ticket to a shitty part of the world, a little money, and a willingness to risk a violent death.

>All you really need for adventure now is a plane ticket to a shitty part of the world, a little money, and a willingness to risk a violent death.
You forgot about guns, user. YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE GUNS!

t.Communist filth

Guns are way cheaper in conflict zones, and you don't have to worry about running into an honest customs officer at the border who won't take your bribes to look the other way. You can get an AK for like I feel most estimates greatly overestimate the amount of money that needs to go into personnel, supplies and logistics. The US dollar is all you should bring with you.

I'm celebrating this, user, not complaining.

>dem frog titties
Well, I guess I'm a Kekist now.

Is there screen caps?

>walk around town alone and talk to people
Let's not get too crazy here.

This is supposed to be a thread about antisocial shut-ins convincing themselves that adventure is impossible, not actual good advice for enriching our lives.

>Walk around alone
>Talk to people
I suppose you know you are in good company when you are by yourself

Im sure. Go check the archives.

>Evil regime
>Cuba

Decide on one user

>White flight
The fuck!? White people can fly?
We can't even swim. How is this fair?

I've been traveling the world for the past 9 months. Sleeping and cooking in the woods or by the side of the road from time to time.
No saving the world from a BBEG or anything but it's the closest you'll get to real life adventuring.

So many random encounters...

Care to share some?

Both, Cuba is guilty of a dozen different human rights abuses including restriction of the press and internet access. Let's be honest, if someone offered you citizenship to Cuba you would never accept it because in your heart you know these things to be true.

Have sex with a real living human female.

I was speechless, didn't know what to do, walked away, was suspicious of unknown old men talking to me for a couple of years.

Both.

Don't try and pretend the Castro regime was a great place for free thought or human rights.

>Have sex with a real living human female.
Ewww

>white flight
youtube.com/watch?v=Wikl6tJEPh0

>posting this Reddit shit here

Please go and stay there

>CIA-backed right wing death squads
In case you didn't notice the CIA and the Trump administration don't like one another so much.

Go fight ISIS in the middle east.
Be a bounty hunter (after guys skipping bail) in the USA.
Be a real life superhero.
Be a snitch for the police.
Be a guide for refugees walking into Europe/mexicans sneaking through the border.
Start a pop band with your meddling neighbourhood kids and go riding all over the country singing songs for food and solving criminal mysteries.
There are lots of possibilities, just go outside.

Alright, this one is about my time in Mongolia.

I went on a sort of pilgrimage of east Mongolia, following in the footsteps of the great Khaan. (The dude is one of my role models)
One of the places I wanted to visit was this super holy mountain called Burkhan Khaldun, fabled to be the final resting place of Gengis Khan.

Travel to the nearest "town" which is nothing more than a small collection of buildings like a bank, post office and general store. With dozens of nomadic families and their herds living on the surrounding grass lands. The place legit felt like the Wild West. Upon inquiring where I could find a local guide and some horses to take me there they all laugh at me.
No foreigners are allowed to go to the top of the mountain, not that it mattered because they had their Naadam going on. 3 days of wrestling, archery and horse racing. No one could spare a single horse untill the festivities were over.
I decided this gave me 3 days time to win the respect and trust of the locals.

As a foreigner I was quite the commodity and a lot of the locals were very interested in me. It didn't take long before I was invited to stay with a very nice nomad family. I immediately showed them the respect I was after, exchanging gifts, helping out milking the cattle, fetching water, setting up a ger, etc...
Some of my other exploits involved racing horses, wrestling with an elderly man, teaching English to kids, getting fucked up on fermented horse milk and vodka, eating sheep guts, jump start an old geezers car and shake pretty much everyone's hand. I was the talk of the town and word got out pretty fast about my plans.

Cont.

private detective
penetration tester
hobo
smuggler

Nice almost quads.

I would.

It wasn't and won't be anytime soon great place. They did the best they could under constant pressure from foreign secret forces that tried to bring Cuba to 'proper American fold' by sowing discontent by all means necessary, casually patrolling your water with gunboats, and basically keeping your country at the verge of war constantly. Having your country embargoed by USA doesn't really help your economy either. And still somehow they are not the shithole like say Haiti is.

Not the best way, but they picked that one.
You either deal with USA paid dissidents, or let your country fall into imperialistic power hungry neighbour.

Fake

So how does the US embargoing them directly correlate to jailing/torturing political dissidents (some even of the same party), the press and censoring the internet exactly?

Uh oh poor big bad USA made me into a dictator and restrict free elections in my own isolated country :( life is so hard for poor the Castro regime :( pls send them a prayer

I must have done something right because on the final day of the festival I get approached by this 15 year old kid I befriended earlier while playing basketball. He tells me he wants to join and that his uncle, a hunter who often goes to the area, is willing to take us. For a very friendly local price no less.

We meet up with the man later that day and get drunk on vodka yet again. I manage to impress him with my knowledge of the local customs, like dipping my pinky into the drink and flicking some of it into the air as an offering to the gods. It later came to my attention that the man was the town drunk, but beggars can't be choosers so I went along with him.

Next morning we round up some horses, half wild, haven't been ridden in ages, and get ready to start our journey. The kids mother warns me not to let his uncle drink, for he will most likely pass out and not wake up. I start contemplating if I should have done it without a guide but the man turned out to be quite trustworthy. He wanted the journey to last 6 days at first but after the kid told him of my horse riding he let's me know we can do it in three or four days if we ride like the wind. And so we did, rode from morning till evening, in a steady trot and galloping for long stretches where possible. Not even stopping for lunch.
He showed me all the places where to cross the rivers and from time to time he would ride up besides me, glancing over to see how I was doing.
We made it to the top and back in 3 and a half days. I paid the man more than he was due and trew a bottle of vodka in aswell, much to his pleasure.

I was hungry, tired, smelled of horse and my ass was bloody from saddle sores. But thinking back on it, it was some of the best moments in my life so far.

So fake

Also your name is Alex and I know who you are

You're on the right side of history brother.

There is nothing wrong with Reddit.

Do something you've always wanted; do whatever you want until you fail. Have bad times, then get better. Open your spirit to change, to talk and express itself. You'll eventually realize that you were on an adventure all along

It is not fake and my name is not Alex. What makes you think that?

Here is a picture of me on my horse, halfway up the mountain.

I still find it amusing how Pepe went from side character in a furry fetish comic, to the "Feels Good Man" frog, "Feels Bad", Angry Pepe, Smug Pepe, to Alt-Right symbol used by Stormfronters squatting in Veeky Forums, and now some kind of Egyptian inspired Great Old One named Kek Kuk.

Fucking mental.

Join an intelligence agency as a field agent

Never mind I could have sworn you were someone else

Damn bro those are some supreme genetics you look like Clint Eastwood when he was young

R u a irl player character

I will never forgive you for this post

Ha! I wish!
But thanks for the compliment.

You have peaked my interest, though. I have told this story several times while traveling and even shared it before on both /trv/ and /out/. Makes me wonder if there is someone out here, telling my story, posing as me.

>I still find it amusing how Pepe went from side character in a furry fetish comic
Get the fuck out of here, you retarded newfag.

"Pepe" was a character in an absurdist surreal webcomic. Not a furry fetish comic. Get your fucking facts straightened out and fuck off back to Plebbit/Normiebook.

So do you guys spend much time trying to make your code better?

It doesn't really matter for something in Game Maker, right? I mean, it'll still run fine in the end so what's the harm, haha?

They're certainly a lot better now. And it probably won't take a violent revolution to fix things from here. But it still isn't great.

>USA paid dissidents
So the gays and AIDS were spread by the CIA? Oh my.

Somehow, it was still noticeably better than Batista.

>reformation soon

True, despots tend to not be very compassionate rulers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Panthers