Elder gods & Lovecraft art thread

I'm in serious need of some good shit here, let's go

fuck, wrong one

>I had been stumbling over the hills for some unknown number of days, the sky had become grey, making day indistinguishable from night, and even if it wasn't I'm not certain I could have noticed in my stupor. I don't know what I'm seeking, what I'm headed for; just what I'm running from. A plague came to my village, I saw it take everyone I know, save myself. I don't know how I've kept walking, days must have passed by now surely and I've eaten and drank nothing, yet every time I tire my legs feel driven by some energy, likely fear, although I'm not sure of what. I wish I could lend the same strength to driving out the whispers. They've been following me since my village, a thousand voices debating in tongues I don't recognize, although I walk alone I feel surrounded by strangers. As a crest one of the blighted hills I see the lake I know to be near the next town over from my own, although its waters remained murky they now shone like quicksilver and seemed to shift and cause the light which entered them to bend and twist. As I reached its banks I felt the strength which had propelled me here leave and I fell to my knees.

That's just Morrowind on a Tuesday.

>Suddenly the voices which had plagued me spoke in a word I could finally understand.
"drink"
>I was, as you can understand, not eager to do so, then I remembered how the plague had taken those infected, how the decay of death had come to them while they still lived and sensed that the same fate awaited me if I refused. I was reminded of what my father used to say 'no sense delaying the inevitable', and I drank. At doing so the whispers reached a crescendo until my own voice was drowned out, a mere murmur from the corner of my head. All at once I felt them, everyone who The Sickness had touched, I heard all the voices of the countless people, animals, plants, of the land itself, all that which shared our disease. Then I turned my attention back to my own body, peering at it in curiosity, it saw, across the lake, the town. I knew that their people would be the next to join our chorus. No sense delaying the inevitable.