Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This isn't the FAQ or plot advancement we asked for edition

Stale Bread
>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Help us kick Ahriman out, he keeps creasing the spines)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Living_Saint
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repostan

The Lord of Change is coming on pre-order next week? Ugh, GW why do you torture me...

Basically FoC except Rey is Celestine

Hey guys whats the most 'space vietnam' imperial guard list I could make.

Considering just covering my board in forest and having massive ariel support but I can't decide. Obviously using Catachan

Ditch second battle tank.
Get a lvl 2 psyker to prescience your HWTs, and an Aegis defense line.

Reminder that Tau can have as many relics as they want. They can even take relics from other forces.

so you're saying basically soak it when it comes to water? How wet are we talking about?

>Valkyries with missile pods
>Camo vets with Heavy flamers
>Hellhounds
>Mortars

Duncan barely thins his paints. Most painters don't thin their paints enough. If you tip your palette over and your paint doesn't drip but just oozes or doesn't even move, it's not thin enough.

>Valkyries
>Vendettas
>Plasma/melta vets
>Hellhounds with camo nets

That's it that's your army.

Blade Assault Company with max hellhounds and Recon Company Sentinels and/or a bunch of valkyries.

>lots of infantry platoons
>mortar teams
>troops in valkyries
>basilisks, a fortification and a company command squad wrapped in an aegis line for you 'base'
>more flyers

How fun would a special weapons team kicked out of a vendetta with maxed out heavy/flamers be?

How do you feel about bikers?
Why?

what's the purpose of having it that thin? I have usually been thin enough on most of my models with little issue in look (for a tabletop standard, i'm good enough but don't do washes or highlights, i'm not that good.)
I'm curious to know the benefits of making it that thin

Not as fun as one armed with demo charges.

one of fun and sillier parts of 40k

sadly alittle too good in most armies.

I hate them because the bike models look fucking stupid, except Orks, at least that fits in.

Does anyone ever play the games that GW sells that use 40k miniatures? All I see about them is whether the value of the set for the minis is good or not.

How do you feel about Outriders, then?

My friends played Deathwatch: Overkill and found it really fun. Apparently Gangs of Commorragh is pretty fun, too.

Space Hulk nigga

Look better but still shit.

Smoother coats. Try doing white and you'll see.

Some colors will require you to paint a surface more than once to get a solid color, but if you don't thin it, every time you put paint down you'll leave brush marks, ridges of pushed around paint, and tiny bumps of dry paint when it dries. This gets worse and worse each time you paint that area. Thinned paints don't have this problem because most of it is thinner or water which will dry without leaving bumps or marks, allowing you to paint that area as many times as you need without worrying about paint buildup or gunking up details.

Needs to be painted red with a ton of stickers all over it.

>Battle Brother Tetsuo!

>protag is a psyker who magically masters warp powers instantly
>tells an experienced pilot how to do his job
>defeats a Chaos Lord in a 1v1

CHAPTER MASTER KANEDA!

Can Celestine fly? I can't read the books because i'm not near my computer

Deathwatch confirmed worst marine variant?

someone told me they were op

I laughed at him

>Chaos has Abbadon and Magnus
>Imperium still hasn't got a primarch yet
Is GW only run by edgy metalheads now?

>Abbadon
>good
>worth his points

huehuehuehue

This list has some really fuckin odd synergy

checked

do you really want our spiritual liege that badly?

MAC daddy is the one and only spiritual liege

I want the Lion to wake the fuck up and kick the shit out of Magnus so he can hold that over Russ's head.

>Magnus good
>worth his points
Toppest Kek i can wait till fucking girlyman comes out and hes a beast and only cost 250 points

fuck the primarchs
bring back Lord Solar

>Implying Abbadon is a primarch
We only have Magnus.
Abbadon is equivalent to Marneus Calgar.

I need my Fulgrim and plastic noise marines first.

This

what were his reasoning for their supposed OPness?

I want Imperial Guard bikers to use as rough riders.

he is pretty pimpin

I have no idea, I think he thought that their special ammo was too much

but I told him that they'd have like 20 marines total for their whole army

>Abbadon is equivalent to Marneus Calgar
Abby fucking wishes he was as good as calgar, reminder
>Abaddon's chaos gauntlet, blessed by all 4 of the chaos gods
>attached is a standard combi-bolter

>Marneus Augustus Calgar's chaos gauntlets, wielding by a lowly champion
>AP2 STORMBOLTER BRO

A Solar Macharius plastic kit or Forge World character is my dream. I'd prefer Forge World because they make some sexy sculpts.

SO what happned after the ork game on the twitch stream i fucked off.

He is /the/ pimp

does anyone know of any youtube channels which re-host the GW streams?

Orks tabled the black templar.

He's a living saint ain't he? Can't they plot-revive him since we lost Creed?

This

ya know, this guy is just garnish and gaudy enough to win or survive in 40k with his Emperor inspired gold armor. i love it

CCS needs its own Chimera.
Trade in 1 Chimera from each squadron so you can give those veterans (and CCS) special weapons that will be bolstered by the CCS's orders (One plasma, One Flamer, One Melta, and the CCS gets whichever you need more of).

Consider, but not necessarily needed, some bane wolfs for MC hunting.

Finally, if you have the points, upgrade one of the valkyries to a vendetta. Now you have Air anti-tank, tank anti-tank, and infantry anti-tank. You got anti-MC tank and anti-MC infantry. You got anti-infantry infantry, anti-infantry tank, and anti-infantry air. Now you cover all possibilities in a single list!

Nah you dont get it. The emperor leaves his body after the golden throne fails and then his soul moves into Solar Macharius

>Trade in 1 Chimera from each squadron
I MEANT HELLHOUND/BANE WOLF/DEVIL DOG GOD DAMMIT!

Very hotly debated question came up in our local group today. If a Castellans of the Imperium detachment take a Space Marine Captain on a bike, do Marine Bike Squads become Troops?

Thinking of starting up a 1000 point entry Necron force. How are Deathmarks? The models look great imo.

He died somewhere through like M35 or some shit. He was just a normal human rather than a Living Saint, so he's dead forever. I think all his angelic imagery was holograms, friendly psykers, or artistic liberty by historian/artists.

How are Sentinels? They look like fun units to have run around but it's hard to justify buying more than 3 of them due to cost.

If only there was something like a Catachan Start Collecting with a Sentinel in the bundle so I could get them cheaper.

he was a living saint m8

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Living_Saint

not in a codex, not canon

Hi all I'm norm. I have not the first idea about this whole universe.
But the images alone are orgasmic. The very superficial summary I just watched on youtube makes me want to shoot myself for not being involved for so long. Skipping past my sob story. I want to read. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to start my adventure into this lore. Should I just buy a random book with warhammer on it and say fuck it, read and read until i get an idea of where i am at?
or is there a place i should start at. please i neeed this more than a recently sober crack addict

you don't gotta crush my hopes like that user

the IG have lost almost all their special characters, and now Creed too.

start with any omnibus

although I'd say the rulebooks offer better starting points for getting a taste of lore, that or just reading the lexicanum wiki a little

Seems weird because, while he's referred to as a "Living" Saint, he was only canonized after his death.

I'm pretty sure he's only considered a Saint because of his accomplishments and popularity, although he did have a few miracles happen, like being shot in the chest by a bolt shell that failed to detonate.

I'm curious about this as well.

I play Space Marines but I think Sentinels look cool as hell and would be half tempted to ally some Guard into my army if they are any good.

Saints are always canonized after death - the idea is the recognition doesn't come in your life.

Living Saints in 40k are essentially Daemons of the Emperor, as they are composed either from the Emperor's psychic will or called by the faithful.

:^)

How much better/different would CSM be if they had access to proper drop pods instead of 100 point fliers that aren't worth using?

Replace your HQ with Celestine or Cawl.

THATS NOT LEGAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Light sentinels outflanking enemy armour with multilasers or autocannons can be a riot.

A single armoured sentinel with multilaser or heavy flamer can tie up entire units without access to s6 or haywire melee attacks. Perfect for fucking over large conscript or cultist mobs and things like khorne hound packs.

Wait, is Creed dead or off to shenanigans?

421 men aren't that hard to kill and easier to break at ld 5

>essentially Daemons of the Emperor
Nah they are daemons of the emperor

Trollzyn captured him in a tesseract pokeball. He wanted Abbaddon, though.

Macharius never came back, though. He was killed by an Assassin who was disguised as an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper in the retinue of an Inquisitor in order to deny Macharius's soul to Nurgle's diseases. Then the Assassin assassinated the Inquisitor she was working under while hidden as an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper because the Inquisitor was a witness and also possibly attempting to undermine Macharius's successes.

Anyway, Macharius has been dead for centuries and has thus far been very stubborn about staying that way. Still, he would make a great Character for the Guard, although it looks like only characters from the "present" of 40k are getting models, since a lot of them have been cut.

you forgot commissars

>he was only canonized after his death
That's normal, or was normal. Celestine and soulstorm kind of fucked the average player's idea of what a living saint is, though.

>what do you mean sebastian thor was a living saint? he's not got wings and didn't come back from the dead

Tactical genius indeed

pokeballed

Hence he's a saint in the usual term of the word. Not a "Living Saint" (daemon).

Agree that it would be pretty cool for him to get a model or hell some rules again though, maybe they'll do some warzones set in between HH & 40K

But how can Motherfucking Chaplain hit that shit? He has no lips.

Interdasting...

It's a helmet, he's not skeletor

> yfw your opponent brought shitloads of flamers

You'll be removing minis from the table by the handful

Emprah bless

>helmet
No, you faggot, he's clearly part way to servitor.

he has more guardsmen than they will have shots

"Emperor's Blood" formation of 50 conscripts and a Priest when

Sometimes Forge World just goes AWOL and makes some shit that's awesome that no one asked for and nobody expected. It's a rare thing, though.

Still, what I wouldn't give for a Solar Macharius mini, lovingly sculpted and filled with subtle detail from the resin-crafter artisans of Forge World.

Imperial Agents lets you throw together 100 arcoflagellants and a priest. It's only 1025pts to boot!

>forgeworld
>making anything besides 30k or specialst games

that ship has sailed

how do I outshoot psychic faggots as tau?

Well, that's not true. They also make even more overpowered variants of already overpowered stompy robots in StompyRobotHammer 40,000$.