>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread: Post cool cleric character concepts, and general cleric spell discussion/build discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1-MEFIyT9jA8dlnomdEUNLIzV3ELhH3FWbcdxb0FSRTY/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=egne2ZCMM_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Putting my question back up cause it was at the very end of the last thread.

Newish DM here how should I determine how much gold the party should get? Not really acquainted with the gear portion of the game yet really. Just a point to the right direction to find the info is fine.

Can someone give me a good idea for a monk? It's my favorite class but I lack creativity to come up with anything more then wise old man.

Anons? I don't know if this is relevant to this thread, but, I've got a bunch of races I've been trying to homebrew for 5e, and I could use some help on balancing out what I have written and picking which ones to write next. Any opinions?

docs.google.com/document/d/1XovWm65MSmIzQWSMDMXo0_aIpZgq9YSa2KkpO3kThS4/edit#

I could really use help with the Forgeborn Dwarf, for starters.

I fluff Spirit Guardians as me going super saiya-jin. It's fairly effective when I cast it as a level 5 spell, dealing 5d8 radiant damage every turn.

Then try young student seeking his destiny

Is pic related true?

Done that. I was thinking of some kind of Longdeath monk who was a Vampire's Thrall but that seems a little edgy.

How would you represent Kas in 5e? Vampire with his Sword artifact?

For a level 9/10 encounter.

A surly english friar who loves to spend every bit of coin on temporary pleasures.

Alright so I'm trying to design my character and while I've mostly got the details down, there's one weird aesthetic decision I can't decide on. (and I acknowledge this is going to end up being ridiculous but with the party I'm rolling with this is probably going to be the more conservative character)

She's a Dragonborn Cleric of Kelemvor. I had a weird idea that her holy symbol should try and mimic Kelemvor's symbol, and the idea I had was to make the actual holy symbol just be a set of scales, and then have her armor painted to look like a skeleton arm. (I think part of the joke here is that it's going to look ridiculous and probably terrifying but she doesn't see the problem with it, it's just her god's holy symbol and he's a pretty cool dude)

But then I was thinking about it and I can't decide if it's more ridiculous for the armor to be painted, or for her entire arm to just be tattooed to look like a skeleton arm. Somehow.

There's also the problem that I can't fucking draw at all, so all I can do is try and describe it instead of being able to actually draw it. (I certainly don't expect anyone to try and draw it either, although I'd appreciate it if for no other reason than for me to have a reference when I butcher my own drawing of it)

Which one of those sounds cooler/more feasible? Any other ideas?

As I said, in the DMG, the table of spell-damage on page 284 reckons "default" damage for cantrips should be D10 for single-target spells and D6 for multi-target spells. But, yeah, I reckon the bonus damage should be enough to bump it down to D8s.

So last thread I asked the best way to be a bit like Robin from Fire Emblem, and while I got some suggestions I realized there really wasn't a Tactician class. So, I decided to make a arcane tradition similar to Bladesinging for the Wizards. Tell me what you think, is it too strong? Not enough magic focused features?

Drunken master martial artist who travels the world because he can't hold down a job or stay out of trouble.

Gold doesn't really matter after level three or four. There's nothing to buy with it, really.

Mafia roughneck who uses a walking staff to take care of business.

A retired fistfighter who's recently discovered ki to make up for his aging body.

A master craftsman who can't handle criticism of his cane collection.

>general cleric spell discussion/build discussion
Death Domain Cleric, Soldier background. Won't shut the fuck up about his amazing plan to "conscript" the dead and render conventional war obsolete.
Keeps accidentally losing control of the undead he creates, swears it's not his fault.

A British cop unnaturally proficient with their (reflavored monk)police weapons.

I'm working on a character that is pretty much an Iron Golem, but scaled down to player-based levels. The stats are using a Drow Elf, mostly for the extended darkvision and meditate to try to hide the fact it sleeps. The Golem stuff is hidden behind lore.
My idea is that it's a prototype Golem meant to look like a masked Guard to blend into a city and help take it over from the inside. To make it more human-like, it's made out of a special metal that doesn't have the same benefits and Iron Golem metal, and has a human soul in it to give it intelligence and sentience. This backfires and it betrays its master and runs off into the world on it's own, it's main goal is to find out who the human soul that powers it was and if they had any family.
The only thing I can't think of is how to explain away eating. I don't want to make him not eat, as that would make him OP, but to hide that fact in lore. Anyone have any ideas?

Would Avandra be a good God for a ex-Lolth Drow Cleric who is a revolutionary wanting to overthrow Drow society for the betterment of all Drow?

That's not going to make him OP at all. If you're insistent you could just say he can still eat and really likes the taste, it's not like anyone's ever starved to death in any reasonable circumstance.

A priest who is very enthusiastic about spreading the word of his god, tending to the sick, all the things normally associated with clerics, but he just has far less magic (still has qi, so it's not being utterly magicless)

Does your game really have food come up so often?

Who here Adventurers League?

Anons? I want to work on my homebrewing projects, but I can't make up my mind what to tackle - Races, Spells or Sub-Classes. Anyone got any recommendations which I should pick?

If you don't want to use Elistaree (or however her name's spelled), then I figure she would. Sehanine is also good if you're okay with using her Dawn War pantheon fluff.

The typical traveling Monk seen in so many Chinese and Japanese myths, only he was the main character of all those tales. He's seen nearly everything.

We have Oathbreaker paladins, when will we get Apostate/Heretic clerics?

I've been running a Trickery Domain Cleric/Arcane Trickster Rogue multiclass for about a year, with the majority of it being Cleric. It has single-handedly turned Cleric into my favorite class. There's really nothing a Cleric can't do.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more supporty barbarian subclass.

I was kind of hoping I could make him without a mouth.
No, not at all really, but if asked I want to be able to explain it away.

Clerics aren't so focused on falling, so they don't need oathbreakers.

Well I'm heading to bed, so if you want it directly over Skype send an invite to obelion13. Otherwise it'll probably float through here Sunday or Monday sometime but I can't be certain when

Hope these links back to the other thread don't fuck up

Now I wouldn't say that. Only players who aren't creative won't find a use for gold. Shit, the first thing I'd want to buy is a flying mount of some kind cause that shit's dank. There are plenty of other cool item and just random shit a PC might want that could be bought with gold. Hell even things like potions abd scrolls are easy money sinks.

As for how much, it depends on how much leniency you want to afford the party. If you're ok with them buying whatever they want in terms of equipment and potions and stuff then be generous. If the PCs have monetary desires that might lead to them buying gamebreaking stuff then i'd throttle it a bit. As for me I'm giving my party a somewhat generous amount just to see what they do with it.

Something to do with fuel? Might be a bit weird how he's going to find it everywhere but it could work.

Go with the tattoo.

Threadly reminder to have fun with your fantasy and gaming sessions.
Don't allow retards to enjoy your fun.

Been at the task of converting an old 3.5 Warlock character to 5e for a new campaign, and I'm running into trouble. In spite of superficial similarities, 5e Warlock looks like a rather different beast to its predecessor in Complete Arcane.

Can 5e Warlock make for a good analogue to a 3.5 Warlock? Can anything, really? Is that something I shouldn't even try to recreate in this system?

>enjoy*
ruin

Well if her arm is covered by armor then no one will see it so that's the problem there. If the armor is painted then it'll chip and fkake needing constant repainting.

I say tattoo because if I were a cleric I would bear the holy symbol not as a display to others but as a constant reminder of my faith and servitude. It would be more for me than for the outside world. It's more about me and my connection to my god than about letting other people see that connection

>Is pic related true?

its okay

What domain would Tiamat fall under?

I prefer it the other way

I think the Player's Hanbook says Trickery.

care to elaborate? i play an arcane trickster and have been thinking about multiclassing into trickster cleric

Its okay.

Is there a table somewhere where I can figure out hard numbers to afford or should I just know the prices of most important stuff?

Sorcerer needs more love.

You can buy poisons like Serpent Venom or Malice. Serpent Venom adds 3d6 to a weapon attack and Malice is slightly better than a scroll of Blindness.

What's wrong with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation user? Rules are here to make our lives easier and more predictable.

>proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
>uses the possessive "its" instead of the contraction "it's"

Brutish Northman, who's lived the last few decades in isolation. Hair pulled back in a long, tight tail that looks more like a Lion's tale than anything.

You'll find refluffing even just the names of the abilities helps you expand your horizons in terms of creativity.

Angry tough magician who cast fist spells with dramatic flair.

Sorcerer is okay. Metamagic and Font of Magic are cool. Not sure why it doesn't just get the entire wizard spell list though.

Because if people don't hate wizards it isn't D&D

Certain spell combos would be op as fuck with the quicken metamagic. I like sorcerer, he's there to do damage and take long rests, and he's all out of long rests.

fuck, i'm chaotic neutral

Those are several good points, actually.

I was considering multiclassing monk and taking Unarmored Defense since my Wisdom and Dex are both decently high, and in that case I'd mostly just be wearing a robe (which I assume counts as no armor)

This may very well be a terrible choice, though, so I might not do it. I do think the tattoo is a great idea, though, especially for the reasons you've mentioned.

Trickery. PHB, 169.
>its_in_the_fucking_book.jpg

>No "aight"

You lose. Good day, sir.

>Fel animate
>Can be refreshed via animate dead
>Sorcerers do not get animate dead

>Certain spell combos would be op as fuck with the quicken metamagic

Like what? Don't forget to keep pic related in mind.

It's for Sorc/Wiz teams

LN.

Can you imagine anywone lawful saying "aight?"

Shape water and ice spells.
Grease and fire spells.
Booming blade and acid cloud.

Haven't really looked at them but it seems like there would be a lot by virtue of elemental interactions alone.

Can you use a two handed weapon while on a mount? Doesn't say you can but doesn't say you can't

Honestly I'm just happy you looked at it

The Lance, which is explicitly for mounts, is two handed.

A lot of that is both up to GM interpretation and player creativity.

I'd appreciate seeing that sort of creativity rather than just spamming summon monster and other top-tier spells more often. It's more fun for everyone and really pushes that wizards have to fight smarter to get their really cool shit.

Most of the time, they're not really pushing anything hard mechanically, as well. Most cantrips don't do enough damage to really push the envelope, even if a grease+burning ray combo would theoretically spread the damage into a set of danger tiles, or whatnot.

You'd definitely need to tweak some for balance but I like the variety you're giving to different builds user.

But could a player use a normal two handed weapon like a maul while riding his horse or something?

I made my monk an elf and follower of illumater (sp) to also help explanation why I had 1 level in Cleric.

Studies and trained his body to reach higher self awareness and to protect those that can't protect themselves

ANons? I'm trying to homebrew up some new caster subclasses and I could really use some help.

docs.google.com/document/d/1-MEFIyT9jA8dlnomdEUNLIzV3ELhH3FWbcdxb0FSRTY/edit#

Two things in particular that are bugging me:
1: I want to do some Elemental Origins for Sorcerers, and I could use name suggestions for Air, Water and maybe Metal subclasses.

2: I desperately need feedback on how to balance out the "Rotheart" origin, which is a sort of Decay/Fungus Elementalist Origin for Sorcerers.

On a different homebrewing topic, I'm trying to convert a bunch of 4e spells to 5e - would Eldritch Rain (basically, Eldritch Blast multiple targets) be worth converting as a spell, or is it better suite to being an Invocation?

The Lance is explicitly one handed on a mount and two handed on foot though, which is why a small sized mounted combatant can dual wield lances on his dog through the underdark

Honestly i just kind of wing it. I looked up prices for healing potions for a bit of a reference but i'd just take a look in the phb and look at the equipment section. It gives you gold valies and should give you a rough idea of how much certain thigs cost and should let you adjusted the party wages according to what on that table you want them able to have. Most magic items are just up to you though. Just have hhe price of them be proportional to their value with respect to how much money you've been giving the party.

I'd imagine someone CG saying it, tbqh.

>It's okay.
Don't let that fall from your high horse scare you.

What do you guys usually envision for the elemental planes? It's hard to wrap my mind around a world like that. Like is the elemental plane of air just floating islands and shit? That's what i imagine.

I'm pretty sure it's just while charging on a mount, isn't it?

I started off going 1-to-1 Cleric/Rogue levels. This lasted until about level 6, with an even 3/3 split, at which point I started to prioritize Cleric levels. At first, I did it simply because I wanted more spell slots, but the sheer versatility of Cleric spellcasting kept me coming back. Walking through the Underdark the party finds a group of starving orcs? Boom, create food and water. They feast, we leave. Need some kind of information? Boom, Sending, instant cell phone.

Okay.

What's your favorite time you used polymorph?

1. Shape Water is only so powerful and needs water around in the first place, so there's a built in limit to the shenanigans you can do with that combo.

2. Grease doesn't mention any interaction with fire, unlike, for example, Web.

3. The hell is "acid cloud"?

I doubt there's anything really game breaking. Powerful maybe, but that's fair given the resource cost the sorcerer is putting in.

I need a name for a fucked up goblin tribe that live in a castle in a swamp and they worship a toad god and have a fatass king.

In Common or in Goblin?

After playing both sorc and wizard I'd say that you need to have the sorcerer's spell list be shit because they're so much more fun than wizards. Flexible casting and metamagic are just lovely.

Cult of Keeken.

Gwablsqartz.

Common.

Gobblish is just a Dadaist language.

youtube.com/watch?v=egne2ZCMM_0

build me martials for this

>Out of the Abyss
>Playing a Trickery Cleric, high level
>Have one NPC from the prison with us, also a fairly high level
>FIghting a Beholder in its lair
>Dimension Door with NPC to a bridge high above Beholder
>NPC jumps off bridge, flying towards Beholder
>Turn it into a T-Rex mid flight
>Ruin Beholder's day

That was so much fun. DM cut that shit off next session though.

Now that I think about it, is there any downside to Unarmored Defenses as a Cleric instead of some kind of armor proficiency? I guess you can't have a shield, but otherwise it seems reasonable? Plus I think a mace might qualify as a monk weapon, although I don't know for sure.

That's perfectly fine. In fact I'd suggest leaving shields on there, similar to how barbarians have.

Unearthed arcana eberron, literally fucking warforged

Honestly, Sorcerer could probably use a few more spells learned via their Sorcerer Origins. Not a ton, like 3-4 at most.

Hello /5eg/, you might remember me from such posts as "How do I make an Iaido Samurai" and "Fuck yes you guys are good cunts".

I now have a character build concept I want to run by you all, to see if you think it'd be fun.

Fighter 5 - Samurai / Warlock 5 - Bladelock

The concept is thus: a delinquent Half-Orc, complete with pompadour who works for the yakuza (thank you D&D for just straight being lazy about this one) is found by an old man who tells him he has a greater destiny than petty crime and beating up other rival gang members.

He instructs our delinquent in the ways of magic and tells him he is looking for a successor to take over his "Evil spirit vanquishing business".

After delving into the magic, Delinquent Horc subjugates an Oni and forces it to give him portions of its power, gaining the ability to summon a kanabou (basically a giant fucking baseball bat, look it up, it's great) and cast magic that confuses enemies and binds them.

From there he leaves his yakuza life behind, telling them he will be back once he's the boss of all spirits on the planet, and sets out to be an adventurer.

Int 7 - for a start. Rest of the stats are good. Basically a low-brow "insert Japanime delinquent here" who is an orc. And wanders around righting wrongs, fighting bad spirits and arguing with his Oni "patron".

My DM is in love with it already, which is great cause he's not a weeaboo at all (I am tho), and our party also needs a tank. Spells were going to be anything that enhances survivability - False Life, Armor of Agathys etc, with some ranged offence.

What do you reckon? Can I Bancho-rc my way around an adventure?

A scholarly noble who discovered martial arts records and was too engrossed in studying them.