drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel
pastebin.com/6JA2DrYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bancho, any opinion?

Jumpers!

Just how do people deal with you leaving? Do you imagine they feel a sting when you're no longer in their lives? Are they worse off for knowing you?

Jump # 178 Geneforge
Name: Raven
Background: Shaper (100)
Starting location: Sucia Island
Focus: Shaping

Perks:
*Quick Study (0)
*Leadership (150, Discount)
*Reshaping (600)
*Innate Genetic Understanding (300, Discount)

Equipment:
Robes of ambiguous Gender (0)
*Portable Gene forge Components

Drawbacks:
*At the beginning (+ 300)
*Abomination (+ 400*)

It’s good to be back to a more normal form, I hardly even mind washing up on a beach with sand getting in places I would rather not mention… ok I did mind that but well it’s good to be back to normal.

Melody my sister from IS seems quite disturbed by my current appearance. It’s going to take a while to adjust I suppose. She seemed even less happy when I started using those canisters and gaining a green tint. I did warn her about certain things but I guess seeing it first hand is a bit more jarring.

So finding myself on a deserted shaper colony with a bunch of crafted creatures was not fun. I didn’t mind the ones that weren’t trying to kill me so much as I felt bad for them. Created just to be used. I tried to help them when I could. Also there were the creatures that were not so friendly… I felt bad but my companions and I put an end to them.

One of the groups of serviles, the takers tried to kidnap me on behalf of their master to try and use me to work his geneforge to give him god like powers. I met with the man and decided he was up to no good. I offered to give everyone human forms so they could go and live as they wish. The offer stunned him a little but not being an apparent fan of humans (or shapers) he stood firm to his demands.

(to be continued)

Time stops when you leave user, they don't notice a thing.

I told him no and he tried to kill me. Thankfully my other companions were able to keep Meledy back while I defeated him. However I left him alive. As I turned and walked away I told him I had no desire to see his people fallow in the same path as the people they hated. Gaining power and then either subjugating the Shapers or killing them would make them no better than their masters. Had he sought freedom and equality I would have helped him but He just wanted power, and were willing to harm innocents to get it, so they were on their own.

There was another shaper on the island who he had kidnapped, who managed to steal some gloves that were required to use the geneforge safely. They had managed to make some fake gloves and was still being sought by the takers so I helped them fake their death and leave the fake gloves on the fake corpse. A few weeks later we heard of the death of the leader of the takers and the destruction of the geneforge (with some modifications I had made to the gloves)

Also for some reason I kept being targeted by some over crafted dragon-like monster. The damn thing was tough.It was near mindless and but managed to get away when things turned against it. We finally had to kill it by luring it in to a trap.

I explore the island and claimed many of it’s secrets. I helped the other tribes making sure they would be prosperous after I left and then finally decided to return to civilization. I was captured by the shapers but I was mostly honest and was eventually cleared as I hadn’t done anything wrong really and was told not to tell anyone what I had found.

Could the Demons of astlan maker chime in as to what perks someone needs to take to make portals like tom does? I love the jump but the truth is I dont have enough cp to get all I want with max drawbacks (which is fine) So Im not sure what I really need to do what I want. Im a pretty old jumper by now but I was planning on trying to do this one with mostly in jump powers.

What would be the best setting to take Saitama to for a have a good fight?

I'm debating when to take the Infinite Stratos jump.

On one hand the One in a Trillion perk is super useful especially starting out.

On the other I kind of feel like waiting and gain enough abilities and knowledge to make Tabane my bitch by upgrading my IS with Warframe, Dark Eldar, and other advance and exotic tech. The look on her face when she sees my creation effortlessly surpass her little toys will be so satisfying.

Plus waiting will let me gather the perks and abilities to turn the entire IS academy into my personal harem.

SCP Foundation
682 is basically the opposite of him: it always survives any attack, or resurrects shortly.

Able is also there. Any damage done to able instead hurts the person who attacks him.

>bullying able
Geez user hasn't he been through enough?

I mean has he? You cant hurt the guy anyway.

What's Merlin BBC like? Is it dangerous? Any good waifus?

>Able
It's Abel. Able is "having sufficient power, skill, or resources to do something".

I would suggest waiting since it seems like you have some plans you want to accomplish. There are probably easier early jumps that can help you get what you want to be before you do what you wish to do there.

>Merlin BBC
Merlin isn't black, user

And this post is "not understanding what people are talking about".

There's a bunch of wars and it's medieval times, so it's pretty dirty and rife with disease. But outside of the few major players, you're not going to hit anything more dangerous than the occasional monster in the woods.

Well it has morgan lafey who is immenantly fuckable, especially if your royalty. It is dangerous, has magic and dragons and such with plots to destroy camelot all over the place.

Saitama really would love just about any high end jump. Take Saitama to any version of Asgard he will probably be happy (for a while). DC is also a good place for him. Sadly the best place is probably Dragonball Z but that's an end jump.

>Any good waifus?
Are you gay? If not then there's really only Morgana whose okay I guess. She turns pretty crazy later though you'll be able to stop that if you want.

I think you mean morgana?

Yeah, SCP-076. Abel. With SCP-73 being Cain. Able was just how they thought it was spelled, apparently.

Actually my autocorrect turns it to able.

What jumps give goods boosts to intelligence and creativity since is right.

That's because it thinks you're saying "able". Abel is the actual name.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel

Morgause is okay, too.

Doc and Marty.

Nah, you're thinking of Cain, the one with the metal limbs and the anti-vegetation field, and the damage reflection.

Able is the dingleberry who resurrects in coffin inside a big volcanic glass cube.

No idea why you'd want to hurt him, tho. He's a genuinely decent guy. The only SCP who might be nicer than him is that one Mesopotamian healing god.

076 is spelled Able.

Unless you decide to stay or go home in a different jump, or you spark and don't even bother returning to that universe.

I bought four pods. I plan on putting the TF2 Medic in one for his medical expertise and leaving one open for any waifu that appears, but I have no clue on what to do with the other two. What's good things?

Still not how it should be spelled.

Isn't SCP Abel kind of a blood knight though?

www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series#001
Just look at the name of it, dude. It's Able, not Abel.
Pretty sure they spelled it 'wrong' on purpose.
Able is one of their last OC Donut Steels.

He's some sort of sociopathic monster with superhuman physical abilities and can make swords and shit.
Basically a low-level Jumper on an EDGE trip.
Except he comes back every time he's killed.

I have to call bullshit on it personally. I don't know why they haven't simply encased the fucking cube in steel or concrete or whatever. Then they wouldn't have to worry about him or finding the keys to lock the damn thing.

Rick and Morty: Genius
Futurama: Inventor
Girl Genius: Strong Spark
Great Detective: Bunch of things
Sherlock Holmes: Bunch of things
Worm: Bunch of things

Genius WoD when it's finished

That's fair. Sorry if I acted like a dick, it just gets a little annoying to see people misspell that name all the time. It doesn't really matter that much, though.

That being said, if he's reincarnates in the box, why not just...get rid of the box? The Foundation has pocket dimensions and stuff to throw things into alternate universes if I remember right, why not just do that?

They prefer nuking the area when he gets out.

They are not smart.

See, it's weird, the Foundation goes from being fucking brilliant to fucking stupid and then back again on a dime. I swear that they'd solve a lot of their problems if they can just maintain that competence for long enough.

Such is life when you're written by a bunch of volunteers on the internet with very little quality control.

Still technically better than Marvel though.

Turns out that SCP-001 is actually the Idiot Ball. Staff take turns holding it.

Because he's old and popular.

In their own words:
>It's Secure, Contain, Protect, not Destroy, Destroy, Destroy
They only try to destroy stuff when it's a literally world-ending in scope.
The absolute worst Able could probably do is a few thousand murders before they catch him and put him away again.
So they keep him on lockdown, with a nuke over his head instead. Until they can figure out how the box works.

Then they'll likely do something like set his resurrect timer to ∞+1 day. Right now it randomly rezzes him between every 6 hours to 25 years.

It comes up a lot that their motto is "Secure. Contain. Protect." even when it's against most peoples' better judgement. Pretty sure throwing him in such a universe or losing him would be contrary to that goal. Also .

Only because it's difficult to tell the difference between shades of grimderp.

> The Foundation has pocket dimensions and stuff
Ah, see, your problem here is you're thinking of SCP as a setting with coherent timelines and rationality. In fact, it only exists to house creepypastas. Any interactions between SCPs only exist to facilitate that, and no actual solutions can be found.

That's not really a dig against the setting, it's actually the goal of the site itself. They don't like it when SCPs have some kind of conclusion. They're just supposed to exist in perpetuity and give off creepypasta vibes.

Incomplete list, 1/4/17: pastebin.com/6JA2DrYc

I'll get around to finishing this list completely, someday.

That's a good point, I suppose. Though wait, if that's the case why are they so obsessed with killing 682? He's just as dangerous as Able/Abel, and yet they're always trying to kill him.

That's a good thing for SCP jumpers, then.

I don't think they can reliably contain 682 if it decides it wants to leave.

> That's a good thing for SCP jumpers, then.
Yeah, since there's something like twelve apocalypses all hanging around in the setting poised to end the world when you arrive, it's something of a comfort that none of them will actually come to pass unless you go trying to jumpstart them.

Also, more likely than not, nothing's going to happen to all those SCPs, so if you feel like looting some shit, the only time limit you've got is the decade you have to spend in the jump.

Just gotta dodge around all the memetic and instagib shit that's dotted around the setting, and you're basically golden.

Jump # 179 Sports (Dinosaur Soccer?!?)
Team Bonus: Experience
Sport: Dinosaur Soccer
Background: Skill (100)

Perks:
*The Mastery of a Champion (0) Fundamentals are important in dinosaur Soccer
*The King in his Territory (100, Discount)
*Fish in the Stream (150, Discount)
*Knowledge to achieve (200, Discount)
*The Growth of the Juggernaut (600)

Equipment:
*The power of Nekama-Friendship-Love (Trixie the Triceratops) (0)

Drawbacks:
*I Didn’t see anything (+200)

So… I was just an average high school kid who just joined our schools Dinosaur Soccer team. We ride dinosaurs as they play soccer with a huge ball and it was as awesome as it sounded. My Partner was Trixie the triceratops

Well Trixie and I worked heard, we were on a small underdog team, I managed to get a few of my companions to join. Snowflame joined for a short time but we decided that since they do drug test maybe that wasn’t a good idea.

We worked heard slowly improving and fighting our way until we defeated our cross town rival a much bigger schools team and made it to the national championship.

We made it to the championship where other team used T-rexes exclusively (it was their team name, and mascot) we managed to use the diversity of our teams dinosaurs to overwhelm their brute strength and became champions.

Eventually I went pro but Trixie was getting a little old, I had to give her a sip of the fountain of youth and change her name. It was nice that she could talk after that but it was difficult to adjust to her new intelligence and stronger will. Eventually we decided the life of a Professional Dinosaur Soccer player just wasn’t for us so I took my millions I made from playing, bought a ranch for Trixie and settled down with my wives.

> Minesweeper, The Jump

Doesn't it try to break out all the time, though?

Do we have anything for countering memetic stuff, by the way? I've been meaning to ask that for a while now.

A couple perks are out there.
One is actually in SCP just in case you didn't already have one.
Another is in Generic Creepypasta and there's also one in the Gamer.

SCP itself has a mental block that bars you from seeing/hearing cognitohazards.
Generic Creepypasta also has a perk that just makes you immune to them. It's one of the Drop In capstones, I believe.

In the SCP jump itself, Alan Wake, and Creepypasta. Also, immunity to instant death effect for the "kill agents" in particular.

Yes? That would be the impetus for killing the thing, they can't contain it like they can with others.

Cool, thanks anons.

Right, makes sense.

Are there any perks which allow you to instinctively know if an action (say, reading a book) would benefit you?

Jumpers! What or who did you do in Lord of the Rings?

I gave the ring to Sauron and said "1v1 me bro".
Then I punched him repeatedly.

Pretty much all the female elves.

Mind you, I was treating that jump as a vacation jump, so I used a few different perks, magic systems, and flat out power wanking to make them think everything I said was a good idea.

Totally screwed up society. Got laid very often.

Is there a perk to make certain people of choice to be immune to any social, mental or manipulating perks?

I regret taking so many harem+vanity perks, as it's difficult for my Jumper to have a conversation with anyone and not letting it devolve into a fuckfest.

I gave the Fellowship Rider drives. Lots of orcs got RIDER KICKED!

Have you perhaps tried showing some fucking restraint you whore?

...Tempted to take Spiral Academy in the Dragonbloods for Educated in order to learn how to run a government in jumps where I want to help unfuck a setting run by corrupt assholes and how to help establish a working society in places with none, but The Heptagram is also tempting b/c magic

what do, guys?

Reposting from last thread as I would consider it finished, unless someone has other questions or comments to put in.

Also
Yes, I'd say that replacing the REON with another digital lifeform may work, though strange effects may occur if exotic/unconventional beings are used.

Buy both?

...I can do that?

As far as I know, not like you couldn't start with both skill sets in the RPG.

Wow. Did he really survive multiple punches?

Do we have to take Combination Manufacturing in order to use it post-jump, or does it just give us some experience with it?

The best I can come up with is Route A to Route B from Drakengard
>You gain the ability to have an unnatural sense for how choices can play out, knowing generally if a path will end good or bad for you, as well as a feel for the consequences that your actions may cause. While you'll find this applies to a great deal, there are some choices with no good options.

...just Toggle them off when you need to get something done, or put on the Locket from Girl Genius tuned to only turn those effects off.

Personally I went Heptogram because the general principles of governance (for human societies, at least) are fairly universal, so you can pick them up in West Wing or some other jump. But YMMV and all that.

Thanks for that reply. Not exactly sure how everything works but it seems very interesting.

It's fucking Sauron dude, yeah, it was a tough fight actually.

Aren't both of those things tied to a single perk? I mean, it's not unreasonable to just pay again for it, but people generally seem to assume you can't get perks more than once if it's unstated.

The four Daves sounds like an entertaining adventuring party,

Dunno, wait for the Jumpmaker I suppose?

Hmm, I'd say that if you don't take it you can still use it, though any special infrastructure it may rely on (tools and the like) may not work post-jump and you will have to learn everything from scratch, and do all that without the intuition given by the perk, but still theoretically doable.

Maybe get the Magical Index from Hero BBS or something similar, and read about the Heptagram's magic from there?

Dude got fucked by a barely superhuman with a moderately magical sword.

Oh, hey, myrm. I actually had a couple questions for you about a perk from Eclipse Phase?

How complex or specific can motivations be? Would "survival, without being too much of a dick" be valid? What about something like "go to the art history section of every library you encounter". If they require knowledge that you no longer have (because you took an amnesia drawback, for example, and your motivation was "continue the chain"), would you have knowledge without context or would you be more inclined to a certain course of action once you acquired it?

Can motivations stack or can you have more than one of the same? Going back a bit, if you couldn't have "survive without being a dick", could you have "-Not being a dick, -Not being a dick, +Survival" to fiddle with priorities?

How tough a fight with Sauron would be depends on where LOTR is on your chain, really.

He got wrecked by a dog in Silmarilian, but LoTR wasn't super-duper far into my chain.

>Route A to Route B
That's pretty great, man. Though not sure if it'll stay in the update.

She's Gotta Be A Lesbian from Dodgeball makes it so people you aren't interested in romantically or sexually will be fine having a platonic relationship with you instead.

How is Paragon worth 800 CP in LoL? Just doesn't seem to stack up against the other 800s. Are humans drastically superhuman there or something?

Motivations in EP are very short and usually fairly vague, with a fair amount of leeway for interpretation. For every person with the same motivation, they all go about it in a different way.

You can't have the same motivation more than once, and they don't stack. EP makes no distinction in how your motivations are prioritized, that's up to how the player plays the character, so I guess fanwank if you want one motivation to be stronger than another.

Motivations won't grant knowledge, so if you had +Continue The Chain as a motivation and then got amnesia'd, it would probably give you the same effect as +Survival - you don't know /what/ your goal is or how to do it, but you can't do it if you're dead.
So if you were in a jump with a victory condition (like 'you can only leave this jump by acquiring a McGuffin'), you wouldn't necessarily be somehow driven to seek out a McGuffin. You'd want to stay alive until you could work it out.

Something like +Research Art, +Altruism, +Survival are suitable motivations for your examples.

Cool, thanks. That's very helpful.

Everybody - except for the peasants - is drastically superhuman.

Unfortunately, said it how it is.

I can't stop craving the hand holding, user.

Jump # 180 Katkyou Hitman Reborn
Starting Location: Simon Island
Background: Student (100)

Dying Will Flames:
*Sun
*Lightning
*Rain
*Forest
*Iron
*Mountain

Perks:
*Hit the Books (0)
*I can fix it (150, Discount)
*Hyper Intuition (100)
*Combat Reflexes (100)
*Connections (100)
*Additional Flames (300)
*Of Earth and Sky (300)

Equipment:
*Rebreather (50)

Drawback:
*Bounty (+200)

(I have no idea what’s going on and I tried watching the anime but couldn’t stick it out to point where anything of note happens)

So I wash up on another Island (seriously?) but this time it’s people with guns and weird fire trying to kill me instead of man-made monsters. Strangely enough I can use the weird fire too… cool, now I am just trying to find a boat. Also I am with my class, and a teacher who is trying their best to protect us.

So it turns out this is a mafia hideout, protected by an Illusion… which is great and all except it was near enough to japan to accidently crash in to. *Face Palm*

I am trying not to use out of context powers or use them subtly. Eventually I succeed in BSing the teacher and class in to hiding in what I thought was a safe place.

I was trying to find a boat but during that the gangsters revealed they had found my class and told me to come out of hiding. So going full Jumper BS mode I time stop save my class and teacher, summon some companions to help them get out safely.

I was a little pissed so I also summoned snowflame. Snowflame decided we are taking the island. It’s kind of funny because as he was kicking everyone’s ass they thought the white fire was some new kind of Dying will flame. Also they were frightened by the fist-fulls of Cocaine he was snorting. Which I can’t blame them for.

(To be continued)

This is probably a silly question, but doesn't this kind of count as a /qst/ thread?

t. clueless user

Long story short Snowflame had fun, unfortunately they refused to leave the island and I refused to kill them. I was able to ransom the safe passage of myself, my friends and my class in exchange for stopping destroying their island and beating up all of their guys. They also offered me a place in their family but I am not really the criminal type.

Then they said I didn’t have to actually do anything just stay on the island and protect it. So I reluctantly agreed. I kind of felt bad for the wide spread devastation I may have caused and found out they had nowhere to go.

This led later to me fighting the main cast until it was revealed someone else was at fault for it. This led to the Vongola trying to barter with the Simon Familglia for my membership… It was awkward.

no.

Not at all.

Nope.

Nope. This is not a quest, this is a CYOA.

Ask that question in CYOA Gen and see how they react.

My mistake. I'll lurk more before asking anything else. Thank you for the quick answers though!

Sounds like a plan. But it's about common systems and afaik dragonblooded magic isn't common, but that's a nice suggestion I need to update my Hero BBS build anyway

West Wing does sound like a jump to go to...might as well.