Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Cleansing purity of flame edition: What do YOU purge with fire?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UPHMXiU-J2R-uMLed0pY5mQdlu_u8FF7c93p7phsk7E/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4478192/party-member-slots-i-want-to-fill
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4440165/applications
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4509771/rules-discussion
docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit?usp=sharing
d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/dragonDisciple.htm
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50998711/#51000116
pastebin.com/Z1Nfp5DF
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51077634/#51084044
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What do YOU purge with fire?

EVERYTHING

Love you, Rag.

Did you ever get that fireperson race you were after?

So my roommate made a ranger for our old session that, as the story unfolded, ended up being more of a lawyer-ey type than anything else and barely, if ever, used his spells.

That campaign is over now, but we're thinking of starting it up a sort of "season 2" and our DM has agreed to let us reboot our characters should we so desire, and I'm trying to think of ideas as to what we could make that would fit that sort of character, and no that one Cleric archetype is not on the table.

I purge the party's dinner with fire since I'm the cook!

But now it's a Human Avowed // Soul Weaver, so all our reasons for guessing are invalid

So how do you guys think DHB is feeling right now that he has batted 0 for 4 in /pfg/ games?

>Did you ever get that fireperson race you were after?

NO!

Considering he's going to run his own game, probably relieved that he doesn't have to suddenly cancel it due to scheduling.

Is there any word on that game? What is it about?

You know, I saw that and was like "Are we maybe finally getting a blaster cleric?"

I was so excited, and then read it. fucking DAZZLED of all things? That's not even an appreciable debuff.

If I were DHB at this point I'd make a new account and apply for a few games with characters different from my usual style but ones I'd still enjoy playing.

Then I'd be able to see if it was the bad press holding me back.

Russian stuff in a revolution, I think. He's not given many other details other than the races, which are all honestly kind of cool. Treeman could use some buffing, but the rest are neat to play.

Why are you being mean?

And, I've already been rejected from 2 games. It feels pretty bad.

Here you go man.

docs.google.com/document/d/1UPHMXiU-J2R-uMLed0pY5mQdlu_u8FF7c93p7phsk7E/edit?usp=sharing

I feel like I wanna go back and do up those feats a little bit more. Maybe add another one to jack Fireball up a bit more.

There's always another chance in another one of /pfg/'s games!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo

Didn't Fluffy 2 close?

THIS PLEASES ME. WELL DONE MINION!

I'd consider it, but I've already got a monday game.

Yeah!

If you need fire people art, just steal MTG's Kindling art

>want to ask /pfg/'s help on building a setting and/or campaign
>can't because I'll probably be recruiting from /pfg/

I didnt realize this was still open. What characters have been submitted so far?

Ah, the eternal dilemma.

>kindling
Flamekin. You mean Flamekin.

(Or their dark forms, Cinders)

Yeah
I dunno, I forgot the name

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4478192/party-member-slots-i-want-to-fill
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4440165/applications

I was hoping for a summary. Roll20 is blocked at work.

I know. I'm making an oriental setting and know next to nothing aboit the subject matter except what ive seen in anime.

Any help boiyos?

>Here's what my final picks will be:

>#1: Cute trap.
>#2: Big titty girl.
>#3: Small/medium titty girl, maybe another big titty girl if she's really compelling.
>#4: Flex slot. Ideally I'd want a non-trap guy for this one, but I'd also settle for another trap or girl.

>I'll be picking party members based on this, but which ones get in are less about their lewd potential, more about actual character.

i purge my life with fire

Worried.jpg

What, a lawyer character?

What do you want?

We're thinking of perhaps a bard, but really the main crux of what we're looking for is someone who's good with RP-style rolls like Diplomacy while also being good at investigative work. Does the Investigator class actually live up to its name in that regard?

The dream will never happen

If you're not going to use your spells try Skirmisher Ranger. Our do something like Slayer with the Underhanded Ranger Style.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4509771/rules-discussion
>START at Level 16
>START with 40 Point Buy
>START with One Million Starting GP
>YES to Gestalt

>I intend to run this game fairly rules light.

The hell does a rules lite game with these chargen rules look like?

>purging with fire
I was the parties tiefling inquisitor, should have taken up that role easily.
I didn't, at all.
Somehow became the voice of reason, caution, and non-lethality in that campaign.
I'm still not quite sure how that happened.

What part about them in particular do you think is weak? Their defense, offense, or utility? I would love to address it.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit?usp=sharing

Link for reference.

Tomorrow I will likely be drawing a detailed city map for Desmon, the location the Revolution at Corkheel Square is taking place in.

As well I'd like to list out the races:
>Borovoi
Large tree people, based off of eastern european nature spirits.
>Vodyanoy
Amphibian humanoids based off of eastern european water spirits, often called 'grandfather'
>Rusalka
Beautiful human like females based off a eastern european myth involving drowned maidens.
>Domovoi
Small hairy humanoid house spirits who help humans.
>Kimimora
Harmful house spirits that are said to kill of humans via strangulation.

Any particular races pique your interest?

I kinda wish PF had one of those half-dragon races.
They make more sense to me than dragon mystery, dragon bloodline, dragon alchemist, dragon monk, etc etc.

Give me some time, I'm working on it.

Well, dragons are hella powerful, of course mortals would try to emulate them.Though I agree,a well-done draconic race wouldn't be bad... and I say this as a big spellscale and dragonborn hater.

I wish the draconic race versions existed and dragon disciples turned into actual half-dragons in the end. I could even see myself losing a spell level for that.

Kobolds are a thing, you know.

I don't know how they make more sense

The exposed vigilante and outrageous lyricist archetypes are compatible, yet the latter confers identity-dependent options.

What becomes of:

1. The vibrant transformation class feature.

2. The powerful transformation class feature.

In the case of a vigilante who is both an exposed vigilante and an outrageous lyricist?

As well, what is the "Tactical Research talent" mentioned in Legendary Villains: Vigilantes? It refers to a seemingly nonexistent supplement, "Intrigue Archetypes."

They don't strike me as particularly impressive, honestly. If they had Powerful Build, since mythologically they were fairly large, then I think they'd be cooler.

Do you hate dragonborn as a concept or as an execution?

That makes a good deal of sense.

Out of the races which do you believe is the strongest?

>"Intrigue Archetypes."

Might mean archetypes from Ultimate Intrigue

REMOVE SCALY remove scaly

Not that user, but I hate the way they tend to get played.
> Haha, I am mighty dragon guy! None can stand in my...
> What do you mean I rolled for shit?
> I NEED THIS TO WORK HOW MY CHARACTER WAS DESIGNED: BADASS

It's like a thing they all do. They assume bcause 'dragon' was written on their race line at least in part that they're suddenly demi-gods and throw hissy fits when I don't let that shit fly.

>I wish dragon disciples turned into actual half-dragons

d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/dragonDisciple.htm

Half-dragons are shit like half-angels and half-demons, attempt to try to be more special snowflake from the get go than others

Lizardman and Dragonman are both humanoid lizard people, but the connotation is completely different. Other is savage and crude, the other is noble and great.

You'd lose access to both unless you took the masked identity feat, so they're basically null, but they also can be regained with a feat.

And Intrigue Archetypes is a future book that should be coming out this or next month. It's relating to the talented tactician archetype, but remember that LV, LV:V, the mercurial duelist, and the archetypes in Intrigue Archetypes (as well as a few archetypes from the eventual Horror Archetypes on which I'm working) were a part of the same doc originally.

I'm looking over LK 2 playtest stuff, honestly you can remove that from the next OP, because it's about to be finished off. It's going into final checks at the moment.

Add Scaly Add Scaly

I want to make a courtier who fights with fighting fans,using only 1pp and with little or no magic. Is it worth going into brawler for the close weapons damage and the lulz, or should I try something else like vigilante, slayer, rogue/ninja or, cthulhu help me, swashbuckler/daring champion?

Honestly the main thing I am worried about is that /pfg/ does not have much interest playing in a game without pathfinder's normal races.

Original user. I don't like the concept much, to be honest. I don't know why, but WotC selling them as "hey,do you want to play a dragon" just annoys me. I like a draconic influence on a character or eventually becoming a dragon,but the dragonborn are.. meh.

The execution is decent, it doesn't capture my imagination like some other races but I am okay with it.

Rusalka most definitely; they don't have the same speed or time limitations for water-travel as the Vodyanoy, they're better at grappling than Kimimora, and overall they simply have better stats for anything except for the fact that they've got a positive to two mental scores and a negative to Constitution; both of these can be worked around, however.

In general I don't like playing homebrew races at all because there's not usually much to go on.
And then the DM can just add shit to MY backstory as they decide to flesh out their race.

I feel like without the contrast of humans and at least one other race (probably elves or dwarves, in order to draw parallels between other races), the new races just feel hard to relate to or compare against.

Ehn Ehn Ehn, you contradicted yourself!
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50998711/#51000116
You gave a different answer last time!

It all depends how the races are established

Those are the kinds of people that are inherently immature and are probably hopeless regardless of what they'd be playing. No need to bring down the species just because of a variation of "That guy" tends to play them.

The reason I asked is because I'm the guy who ported the species to PF with my friends, and I've been DM-ing a session with all of them playing one of the color variants you can find here: pastebin.com/Z1Nfp5DF

My backstory for the species is that essentially a long time ago a bunch of dragons from across the board got together and were like "Maybe we can make a type of dragon that won't just be almost guaranteed to be one personality just because of its coloration". Experimentation abounded until eventually they were forced to bring in some humanoid magic users to shape the species more in that direction, since it seems that humanoids for whatever reason seem to have a bit more freedom to be what they want as opposed to strictly what they're born as.

As a result of essentially being a test tube species, Dragonborn in my session are relatively rare and are mostly relegated to the region in which they were first made.

Humans are around at the very least. I have considered inserting one other primary pathfinder race, but have hemmed and hawed over it.

I am having problems over who of the classic really fit in among the more russian folklore races. In a way Domovoi are similar to halflings, but that's the only current parallel I can see.

Others I have considered is adding a Dhampir variety around russian vampire legends and only allowing that kind, and allowing Witchwolf Skinwalkers with tweaks to liken them to Russian/Eastern European legends.

I can see this as an issue that would present itself. However generally when this content gets made it gets set in stone before people have to make characters. That's why I am finishing things before opening up any applications and the like. As well it is the reason I am going to put together the setting book beforehand.

I can defiantly see your concerns.

i want /pfg/ to love my characters

then maybe by proximity theyll love me

Skinwalkers and Dhampirs would be good substitutes, yes!

I see. What are you looking for in a race to consider them established?

Looks like I did, I'm 30% here right now so that's not shocking. I should just say they shouldn't stack at this point, but really, this is just going to be a sticky wicket no matter how I rule it.

I probably shouldn't even be awake now, really.

Quick look in there and saw this bit:
>Sharp Claws
>BaB+1, Dragonborn
>Your Natural Claw Attacks increase to 1d6 damage, and you may add full str bonus with the offhand attack

Natural attacks don't work that way. You probably meant to declare that you can make a claw attack as a Primary natural attack even when making a full attack with a main hand weapon.

Looking through Dhampir both the Moroi-Born and Nosferatu-Born already connect themselves to Eastern European myth. As for Skinwalkers likely the Witchwolves would be where I would take from.

Now the issue here mainly is using a small number of standard races, particularly single varieties of standard races with multiple varieties and banning the other kinds. A Jiang-Shi-born does not exactly fit the overall theme.

Previously I did this by simply saying "Human + These races", but it feels like a slippery slope from here on out.

If vibrant transformation and powerful transformation are both social talents, then would the logical answer not simply be that an exposed vigilante/outrageous lyricist cashes in vibrant transformation for another extra social talent, and powerful transformation for yet another extra social talent?

>Selkie

Her name is Kinu. KINU!

Go with unchained rogue if it's allowed. Otherwise stick with ninja.

W-why the garter? What is this. I swear the garter takes this image from cute to lewd.

That'd probably be the best, although powerful transformation is a feat.

That's a silly high amount of social talents, but hey. I figure if I did do something official for that, at least one of them would have to be renown.

That's a very good question.

YES

How they integrate to the society
Relations with other races

>Each offensive against the Wall by the oni leads to deeper and deeper incursions, bringing their taint with them. The Emperor knows almost nothing of what happens beyond the walls of his palace. While the Light of Heaven is distracted by his harem, the Shogunate moves to consolidate its own power. Replacing Imperial troops with his Shinsengumi, the Shogun embarks on a terrible plan to save the Jade Empire. Believing that humans are being infected by oni taint because they aren't sufficiently pure enough, he embarks on a campaign of slaughter. So that humanity will be able to stand against the hordes, he attempts to force demihumans from the empire, kill put down the offspring from a union of human and demihuman, and anywhere he judges the "infestation" too deep is "cleansed" leaving no survivors.

>The players will oppose the Shogun, fighting shogunate forces and eventually hopefully destroying the superweapon. Later, there will be courtly intrigue in the emperor's palace and finally as the empire fractures, the party will nees to choose a faction or factions to back in order to restore peace. All throughout these events, there is a seemingly endless sea of oni that are just waiting for the opportune time to strike.

I apologize for poor wording. I'm phoneposting which doesnt lend itself well to editing on the fly. Would /pfg/ be interested in playing this game? Are you bad enough dudes (or dudettes) to save the fluffy tails?

Ah. I already have most of this planned out for the setting and will be detailing it in the setting book.

To summarize Vodyanoy and Rusalka have had a bitter rivalry and dislike of one another since before either race had recorded history, mainly due to issues of needing similar territory. During the industrial revolution the Vodyanoy became in many places the foundation for organized crime due to their societal structure while Rusalka due to their relative few numbers and powers of persuasion became attached to the dominant race of each region as courtiers and the like.

Both Domovoi and Kikimora are intricately tied to humans, each species having had their societies grow with humanity's. Domovoi in a positive manner and Kikimora in a negative. In the industrial revolution both races were the subject of exploitation, but Domovoi eventually moved past this largely into their earlier symbiotic role while Kikimora now often live in urban ghettos.

Borovoi being a race that naturally prefers rural life do not congregate often in the now urban centric society. Many were employed in completing transcontinental railroads.

All of this will go into more detail between each of the races and how they regard one another, examples of nations where each race is a racial majority, and particularly their cultural standing in Denihein and Desmon, the nation and city the campaign takes place in.

I have been doing district planning, particularly of the poorer districts.

Hog's Heart is one of the poorest areas and Desmon's Kikimora ghetto, it borders Torque Town, the poorer and racier of the citys two red light districts (also the one that caters to the more depraved), then Canker Harbor and the Swill. The Swill is a regularly flooded district that plays home to the working Vodyanoy of the city and due to its constant draining and filling state also conceals enormous amounts of crime. I have more in notes. Post length cut me off.

I know it hasn't been that long since it was released, but does anyone have the Healer's Handbook pdf to share?

I think unchained rogue will be fine. I wanted something with more fighting skill, though - what do you think of the vigilante?

What's wrong with them?

>the garter takes this image from cute to lewd.

>That'd probably be the best, although powerful transformation is a feat.

And apparently, one feat equals one social talent, judging from the Extra Social Talent feat.

Have you considered, by the way, that allowing Extra Social Talent (Many Guises) to grant the benefits of Dual Identity and Seamless Guise would single-handedly obsolete much of the vigilante class? With that one feat, a character can maintain any number of "mundane" personas with all the benefits of Dual Identity and Seamless Guise, one of which can simulate a social identity anyway. It is absurd.

The existence of Extra feats is in NO WAY evidence of them being flatly equivalent.

What would be the best Golarion city or cities in which to set a campaign where the PCs are a crew of thieves?

By this logic, then, an outrageous lyricist receives the benefit of a bonus social talent at 1st level and a bonus *feat* at 3rd level, which is even better than simply receiving two bonus social talents at 1st and 3rd.

It's called class features you goomba.

And fixed shit is worth less than free-picked shit.

The abilities are in the context of the class/archetype as a whole. Don't be faggot about it.

Never really been too fond of the vigilante, even if the DM removes the social identity thing, to me it still looks like a worse slayer. Speaking of which, what about a slayer? It's roguelike, it has some decent skills, can get trapfinding and TWF with his slayer talents without prereq. It's also more combat oriented woth d10 and full bab.

An odd way to consider it. The exposed vigilante loses Dual Identity and Seamless Guise, which are collectively worth less than a feat if Extra Social Talent (Many Guises) is any indication, in exchange for an extra skill point per level, a free social talent, and the freedom to use their social and vigilante talents interchangeably.

By this logic, the exposed vigilante is vastly superior to the regular vigilante, and I would be inclined to agree in all scenarios save for a game that is specifically tailored to a vigilante's identity shifting.

You're overthinking it.

Man, slayers are kinda butts compared to Vigilantes. Vigilante talents are GREAT.

>tfw not in a party with the oni punch girl
>tfw probably never going to be
Well, at least the party setups look balanced. Hope she gets someone to treat her right.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51077634/#51084044

Extra Social Talent, a single feat, can grant any 5th-level character Many Guises, along with the Dual Identity and Seamless Guise class features. The character can use Many Guises to be their everyday "faux social identity," a household servant, a courtier, or whatever ordinary person suits the occasion.

Therefore, Dual Identity and Seamless Guise are worth less than a feat.

The exposed vigilante sacrifices Dual Identity and Seamless Guise for an extra social talent (free picks are superior to locked-in choices, remember?), another skill point per level, and many restrictions lifted on social and vigilante talents.

By this metric, then, the exposed vigilante is nearly straight upgrade to the vigilante. (But of course, it cannot gain Extra Social Talent [Many Guises]).

OVER

THINKING

IT.

KAER MAGA
KAER MAGA IS THE BEST

As I understand it there aren't really restrictions on vigilante talents aside from the RP issue of blowing your cover by doing vigilante shit in social mode.