>mega.nz/#!XQgHGCRB!C7YKH9HSPxHfgPVpTHAWvl3v9ldMDpUMfaL8OcA7myQ

Link to last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!V99UATLZ!ANYg-JXDTUN1w-5h3ZuNyiUUvTOEiUfcTvC0UIPEFbI
stonecoldlead.blogspot.com/2014/08/fallout-troopers-fantasy-adventurers.html
brother-vinni.com/shop.htm#!/~/category/id=5965003&offset=0&sort=normal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should have been in the OP but:

Plot up squads, shoot the shit, and talk about your games.

If you're not on the Rogue Stars facebook page, get over there - direct access to the author, updates and playtest rules.

Everyone post inspiration

Chivalry...IN SPAAACE

Where did you find this

tg? It's from the dead game AT-43 though.

Just ordered some of the Alien Federation from CP Model Miniatures. Pretty excited to make a squad of wierd alien guys, got one of the dudes in a stealth suit also. Might try to paint him up like NMM chrome.

What are you guys thinking about the Themes?
The more I look at and fiddle with them the more I kind of want to disregard most of them mechanically, or at the very least modify several of them.

I don't really like how the Cyborgs lack Artificial (which the author did because of some bias and "implied background" of robots and 'borgs not getting along? Why force that?)
Merchants having half-off civilian items at start is completely absurd (buy a Refract Field + Light Combat Dress for 12 total points on a few dudes, and suddenly you "have" ~36pts over everybody else) but the Theme does nothing beyond that.
Psionics vs Cultists are also weird in that way - Psionics just have more starting traits (options) but the Cultists get access to Dark Gifts which the Psionics will never ever get so you have to REALLY want those starting traits, because the Cultists can just buy any traits they want after the start.

I understand Themes are supposed to be "minor color" or whatever, but they seem more detrimental or odd than anything else right now. Feels like they should work like Tactical Disciplines where you just slap on a little bonus, or not even exist as a "standard" rule.

Was that game ever any good?

This is the Karman faction from AT-43, if you want to search for more images. They are philosophical space gorillas with jet packs and energy/railgun weapons. There were actually quite a few models produced, if you wanted to run them in Rogue Stars you could probably put something together via eBay.

The mechanics were decent and a little something new, the first few factions were interesting, and the models were ok for pre-painted.

As with everything else Rackham produced, they refused to hire decent translators so the rules and fluff were kind of garbled and hard to read; the model release schedule was extremely irregular and opaque; and the later factions were stupid and seemed pretty hastily thrown together. At my FLGS there was some early enthusiasm, but these bad business practices killed it.

Half page character sheet with maybe enough space for your 70 point Starbuck...

Psionics can still get Dark Gifts later on, they just can't start with them. Starting with all powers doesn't seem like the end all be all. I too didn't like the inability of not being able to take an entire artificial team. Then again, it might not hurt to just have a human AI hybrid as a "next step" in ascendance. Merchants will have an easy start, but I think they will suffer in the long run since it's only Civilian gear they can take with a discount and it's the only set they have access too. While some forces can start in light powered armour.
The author has stated that the Themes are more like guidelines. You can do your own, but be fair with it.

>>Psionics can still get Dark Gifts later on, they just can't start with them
"No squad may include more than one Psionic unless their Theme is Psionics or Cultists. Dark Gifts (DG) are available only to Cultists."
I suppose you could interpret it merely as a starting-limit, but I didn't even think to consider it that way. It'd be a better way than "DGs are only ever available to Cultists", at least.

>but I think they will suffer in the long run since it's only Civilian gear they can take with a discount and it's the only set they have access too.
Well they CAN upgrade to Military grade gear whenever, and you only pay the paid price difference, per the errata. So you'd buy Light Combat Dress for 7 pts, Refract Field for 5 points, and then you can upgrade to Light Power Armor, for, I believe, 25-(7+5)=13xp. Take a couple-few matches per guy, but I doubt many people are starting with much LPA.

Is it possible to play this with more than 2 players?

I think the FAQ mentions it (or maybe it was the facebook?) but I believe he said yes, you just have to make it so the "reacting" player is whichever player has units closest to the activating unit.

I can still see scenarios being odd as they're written attacker/defender and stuff. I guess you could have 2 attackers or whatever on some scenarios.

The Errata says you pay the full price of gear. The only time they get half price is starting gear.

>Psionics never getting Dark Gifts.
No hero has ever gone down a darker path for power? I find it hard to believe that Psionic theme forces can't get Dark Gifts later in the game. The specials tend to be optional in most, except for requiring Tough for Miners and so on... I would play it as they can't start out with Dark Gifts.

>The Errata says you pay the full price of gear. The only time they get half price is starting gear.
Yeah, that's what I meant. They can upgrade, and they're not stuck at civvie gear. They come out way ahead at the start then they just upgrade off that huge advantage into military gear.
I say this because you said the Merchs will suffer in the long run and I see no reason why that would be the case.

They gain no other benefit that could aid them late game, Cyborgs can gain more enhancements, Psionics/Cultists can have more powers, and Miners... I'll come back to them, Merchants just have a solid start. They can sit pretty with a lot of Civvie gear, but Military grade gear shows how much better it is. You can afford a few Lighter Power Armour on a few mooks at 24pts a pop, just depends on your Theme.

Ordered my first dedicated team for this, probably going Mercs or Space Cops.

I done good, anons?

You did good, user. You did good.

Looks awesome, where are the top minis from?

Not him, but it looks like they come from the same place as the chiquita. Look up "scotia grendel colonial marines"

Also, HassleFreeMini's has sick mini's

This user is correct. I actually purchased them from Noble Knight games, though. So if you want something from Urban War, get the number off of Scotia Grendel's site and search URMXXXXX, for example, the waifu is URM13105. If you want something from the Void line, use SGRXXXXX. Kind of peeved the cooler minis are out of stock at NK though.

Also, I want that 5-pack and Lt. Thoran from Hasslefree for another team, but that'll be next paycheck.

I see the Merchants as the equivalent to the mordheim mercanary warband that starts with 600 gold instead of 500. Not super OP but a strong option for shorter campaigns. Also remember if they die they come back with all the cheaper gear again. Which results in dying being less of a penalty as well.

OP Rules link is dead. Can anyone rehost it? I've got a physical copy coming but living in upsidedownland means I'll be waiting a few weeks.

mega.nz/#!V99UATLZ!ANYg-JXDTUN1w-5h3ZuNyiUUvTOEiUfcTvC0UIPEFbI

That worked last thread

Beat me to it. That one should work.

That was silly of me, I didn't even check last thread. Thanks guys.

I could have sworn that they didn't get everything back for cheap. Death is srs bsns still in this game.

Anyone in cali-bay area, interested in playing? Haven't found anyone at local FLGS that would play.

They look very nice! Where did you find them?

my childhood just flashed before my eyes and I love this pic. got any more?

stonecoldlead.blogspot.com/2014/08/fallout-troopers-fantasy-adventurers.html

found the shop
brother-vinni.com/shop.htm#!/~/category/id=5965003&offset=0&sort=normal

Thank you. They have some very nice and useable postapoc figures. Good find!

>They can upgrade, and they're not stuck at civvie gear.

I was re-reading the book again last night with friends, and wasn't sure about this. When it comes to buying new equipment, the book says...

>New equipment allowed to the squad (as per its Theme) may be bought by paying its XP cost.

It's in the FAQ/Errata.
I found it a bit weird/contradictory too.
Honestly if you couldn't upgrade there'd be a serious problem IMO. It's not like the game is built so that people stuck to civilian stuff can just swarm the board and win via numbers or anything.