Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

We should buff Tau and eldar edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Help us kick Ahriman out, he keeps creasing the spines)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Tyranid-Sky-Slasher-Swarm-Brood
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For the Biologis?
For the Biologis.

360 no scope Eldar and Tau Titans

Which plastic models should I use for Razorwing Flocks? I'm not paying £10 per base of them when they're also finecast.

How do people feel about forgeworld stuff here? I have seen some hate for it around Veeky Forums and wanted to know if you do not like it and why?

>Darksphere updated their website
I kinda miss the old look - but at least it looks more professional now

Here

Think was for you

I would have suggested Forge World's flying ripper swarms, but they stopped producing them for some reason. Regular Rippers, maybe?

Forge Worldfags tend to have unbearable superiority complexes.

I've got no problems with it whatsoever. It's rarely all that more powerful than the sort of stuff you get in regular codexes these days, and a lot of FW units are actually pretty rubbish.

It's fine. It's a leftover meme from when FW made largely OP special models.

I forgot this picture existed i remember that guy

Actually the flying rippers, or sky slashers, are still for sale. Forgeworld removed their larger counter-parts, the Tyranid Shrikes ie Warriors with wings.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Tyranid-Sky-Slasher-Swarm-Brood

forgeworld is unbalanced

In the sense that some of their things are weak and overpriced, while others are ridiculously powerful and quite undercosted. I have no problem playing against FW, but their rules are totally inconsistent, to a degree beyond even base GW stuff.

Cool, I have been collecting nids for a while and got to admit that like some of the FW models for them. Plus then I can feild even more big big dudes with the Dimachaeron.

So I made a quick skirmish list of IG. How is it?
I know that plasma guns would probably be better, but I only have one of them from the CCS box

Oh, really? Well, there you go. They vanished from the site one day - I guess it must have just been a temporary error.

Harlequins, lend me your ears.

Out of the two formations available besides the Masque Detachment, is there much reason to not take Cegorach's Revenge over Serpent's Brood?

Hit and Running into embarking vehicles seems fun but the lack of Elite slots, and the lack of Rising Crescendo seems to really limit its capabilities. Then again, Cegorach's Revenge has the issue of only 3 Troupes with 3 Jesters and 3 Shadowseers with no room to shove them all on the Starweavers.

Maybe I'm not making full use of it in my mind because I'm a bit ill but it feels like your bog standard Masque Detachment might actually edge over the formations for whatever reason. Any experienced players, what do you make of this?

Looks pretty workable to me. You've got a lot of St6 shots for light vehicles, plenty of flamers for infantry, and a couple of emergency meltas if someone brings heavier tanks or Terminators. Should do pretty well.

Vox caster are useless if your dudes sit in the Chimeras, drop 'em to get one more flamer/something.

What squad should I put my WWP archon in if I want him in a Venom? The problem is the Venom's capacity being 5. Most squads I'd think to put him in come in a minimum fo 5.

I would not use them, but I modeled them in all my squads. Feels bad.

Because we have to deal with plebs like you who can't afford it

His court, duh. Take ALL the snakes.

Found this gem at a competitive 40k group in Facebook.

Waacfagging so hard they don't even see it

Why even bother play the game at that point, just do a Rock Paper Scissors it would be quicker and more fun

This. Archon and his 4 snakepals on safari.

i would hate to play against that. do i go for a sandwich everytime its his turn?

what's the unit next to the shipping container? I recognise (and rightly fear) everything else.

4 Snakefriends
>WWP
t. Oldfag

Kill a couple of Orks and force a Ld check, bad Ork rules would do the rest

I'd probably drop the vox casters. Your men are going to be riding metal boxes into battle. Can't get orders in vehicles and your men are going to be living in them.

Also the points on your list are very wrong. For instance your melta gun vets should total 150pts not 175pts as shown. Flamer vets 145pts and your CCS 152pts.

God, I miss The God-Damn Duke.

We all miss him
You could even make him in the Corsair Dex - but it's just not the same

I gave them Kraks and 4+.

Get rid of one of those gretchin teams, you have way too many, and give those boyz shootas and 'eavy armor, boyz will basically tripple in effectiveness with those.

Also add a squad of lootas, never leave home without them.

That makes sense. I personally wouldn't mind if you modeled vox casters but didn't use them. Take of the vox and add stubbers, dozer blade or something to the Chimeras?

Not sure if I'd take Krak grenades personally.

Test Models
Think i might need more Red on the Warrior, but then again alot of the vehicles and higher ranking Necrons will have a lot of Red on them
Not to mention learning to OSL with my airbrush

Thoughts?

I personally am a fan of WYSIWYG, but I suppose that most people wont cry too much, especially if I fluff it somehow (a warp storm fucking up the comm-links comes to mind). As for Kraks, I just take them in case of a friendly walker dropping by on low points, probably a hellbrute or a dreadnought, but I`ve seen people using riptides on those levels. Fucking assholes.

Is Deathwatch well and truly done? Has this FAQ killed them?

Looks like dark reapers but im not sure

Could try making the back carapace red.

Dunno if you should have the red and blue right next to each other though like on the chest rune. They don't seem to play along all that well. A green would probably fit better overall than the blue.

I'm also a fan of WYSIWYG. At the same time if you modeled a dozer blade or something on your vehicles because you think its cool then i'm not going to make a fuss.

I was just thinking of how much you'd be using the grenades vs something to add to your Chimeras. You'll want to keep them mobile and relatively shooty since if they die or become immobile your men are probably going to die very soon after.

Yeah, I`ll probably drop the nades on the vets. Keeping them in the CCS though, they are 2 points in there, its a steal.

Pretty much.

They were already a bit of a gimmick army though, having a million different bits of equipment but no synergy between them, mixing bikers terminators and regular marines in squads.

So I guess this is final.

How are the Forgeworld Tyranid stuff? Was thinking of finally getting into FW some, but kinda limited as my only armies are Nids and GSC. The Dimacheron (or whatever it is called, the leaping thing) looks pretty cool.

why though

Then don't use them? Nobody cares about vox casters on models.

the 'fexes are cute

I could understand if they crossed over after 6 inches or 12 or something but not being able to fire in front of themselves
What the fuck?
Has the whole world gone mad?
Am I the only one around here who gives a fuck about the rules?

Stone-crusher Carnifexes are the shit. Dunno about the dimawhatever but it looks cool

Don't want Lootas, don't fit the theme. Gonna have Savage Boarboy Bikers, Ripperdactyl/Terradon Rider Deffcoptas, Savage Ork Boyz, that kinda thing.

Calling them the Wild Waaagh of Weirdboss Zum Zum 'Eadzappa.

Is there still no Death Masque in the MEGA? Someone must have something they can upload?

you don't have a fucking theme

you've got footslogging boys and then a bunch of bikes

that's not a theme

I actaully quite like the mono colour of the body, after moving it to a better light
Yeah i'll change the rune to Black, and have them different colours for each rank of unit: Immortals/Deathmarks/OL etc

Oh, its the feral orkz user. How are you gonna equip the Warboss though? I mean, most shootas dont fit in the theme.

Eh they're Crazy Snakebites, not full Feral Orks.

Maybe new Carnifex incident is looming?

New FAQ

If he really wanted a theme he would drop the boyz to 2 squads, put a weirdboy in each, and spend the points grabbing a big squiggoth for his nobz and warboss.

Atm it's really quite a schizophrenic list seeing as anyone with sense would just blow the bikers and deffkoptas up with AT guns and blast the boyz with the rest of them.

Oh, I see. Thats what I get for just glancing at the posts. But still, its really cool. I`d love to play agianst those orkz, its pretty origninal.

Does anyone here has that pic of fluff stating that deamons of khorne wage war in other galaxies?

What's so special about Stonecrushers? I thought fexes were irredeemable shit.

> Green instead of blue
> Enter the Christmas-Crons

>New FAQ

This doesn't answer why GW would gimp a giant expensive model they're trying to convince people to buy

don't believe everything you read on Veeky Forums

> Pic
Damn, that's the most amazing and accurate permutation of that pic that I've yet seen.

that's what the stubber is for

Alright, i think it's time i become a bilionaire so I can make that pic happen

> Jason Statham is Alpharius
I Kek'd

Looking pretty good.

This is what my list would be at that level.

>The Rock as Vulkan
Holy fucking shit I want this to be real.

rate my tau list bois

It doesn't have a Squiggoth because it's not in the builder. So I just put in a bunch of Boyz and Grots. I'm not really looking for top competitive feedback here.

Yeah, though I am considering trying to make at least a few explosive bow Orks to stand in for rokkit launchers. Greenstuff TNT sticks stuck to arrows or something.

this my list for a 1850 Dark Angels/Blood Angel force, still need to squeeze 50 more points how, what do?

I`d also use plasmas on my CCS but I only have one, and Nade launchers are actually pretty good to drop light vechicles and infantry. As for the second vet squad, I dont like to run too much plasma without some way to reroll 1s.

I generally prefer to keep the humble grenade launcher in regular infantry squads. I find that they work quite well with autocannons.

While i like having a way to reroll 1s plasma vets have been good to me in the past. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've not experienced many Gets Hot! resulting in a dead guardsmen.

Well they ARE still Carnifexes, but user was asking about Tyranid FW stuff, and the only thing that comes to mind that's actually not absolute shit is the Hierodule, which is still far too expensive.

Yeah, I`d use the shit out of plasmas, but agian, for some reason I bought a pack of meltas instead of melta+plasma cadians. So now I have 4 usless meltas, but I guess I might use them for something later on. Oh well, Im probably still gonna spam nades in normal infantry squads, but BS 4 with them is just nice.

>woody from cheers as horus

yeah nah

Dozer blades, melta bombs?

Only one riptide...?
Why all the kroot?
no ghost keel at least?
More than 10 markerlights?

dozer blades and melta bombs

>1 riptide
>all the kroot
I just want to say that I love you for not being a WAAC faggot.

So I don't play my daemons too often, mostly because I'm Tzeentch dominant and changes to how psychic powers work mean I kinda either play wimpy as hell or WAAC depending on list building and powers rolled. I can't find a comfortable middle ground, so I usually play different armies.

All that said, I do like to at least be -able- to play them, so:

I have 10 pink horrors, and 15 blues I ran as pinks from the chariot kit.

The fuck should I do to fix my troop tax up? Not really wanting to buy up another 10 pinks, 25 blues and 40 goddamn brimstones.

The cheapest option kinda seems to be to just get 20 brimstones and run them as units of 10? Bit lame if my pinks aren't really usable anymore though.

I heard one Riptide is good to have at 1850. I just really like how the kroot look. Eh i heard ghostkeels were a bit strong. I know next to nothing about how many markerlights any list should take.

play word bearers and summon your daemons

it's fluffy, not waac and 3+ saves are great in a casual environment

Don't the walker rules specify that they can fire their arm weapons at anything in front of them even if it's not in the 90/45 degree arc ?

Why is it every daemons player *just happens* to be Tzeentch, the most powerful group of daemons?

One riptide per 500 points but no more than two.
Cut some kroot and get more big suits if you want to be competitive.

>That FM pic
That's just because he dies isn't it?

Yeah, no-one ever "just happens" to be mono-Slaanesh or Khorne daemons.

I'm pretty sure that the arm weapons of the knights can actually turn more than 90 degrees on the fucking model itself.

I dont wanna be competitive tho and Kroot are cool to have around as it makes my list seem more tau to me.

yes they can, they can almost go 45 degrees further towards the chest of the knight, because the giant carapace on top isn't how big the waist is, it's not some ork stompa which is an actual brick

I sure wish there was a Kroot Codex, so I can run them as mercenaries for my IG regiment.

So the new FAQ is pure nonsense?
I haven't glued the weapons on my knights, so any faggot that tries to argue that it can't shoot beyond 90 degrees can suck dick when I just fucking turn the weapon beyond that 90 degrees.

They really don't, I don't remember the last time I saw a Nurgle or Khorne or Slaanesh army.

It's always Tzeentch.

The dark prince does have a few followers such as myself. Pink horrors though they are scary in terms of how good they are.