Cadians kick ass

>Cadians kick ass
>SoB kick ass
>IF kick ass
>Motherfucking LotD kick some serious ass
>BT kick ass
>Cadia logically falls, we all know it would not stand the 13th Crusade
>Cawl is cool as shit and actually cares about the wider Imperium
>Trazyn has a behaviour that is logical, more of a wild factor than a genuine help for the Imperium
>Creed kicks ass by the dozen
>Celestine kicks ass like there's no tomorrow for Cadia...wait.
>Trazyn pulls a HH force of UM, Salamanders from a bit later on, and a goddamn Custodes (well played GW, that was the giant in baroque armor) out of a tesseract
>Pylons are kinda working, with effects on both aides
>Cadia blows up because the destroyed Black Fortress rams it with its last pieces and not because of the Pylon network
>Eldar (ALL THE ELDAR RACES) are open to parlays with the Imperium, buckle up fuckos, a new Alliance is forming
>Creed survives and gets taken away by Trazyn after a glorious last stand

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed that book. Even if I'm not a fan of advancing the timeline, I had plenty of fun reading that. Lookign forward to reading what's going on with the Eldars, as well as seeing the new Triumvirate models, notably the Vect one.

Age of Emperor now.

Hell no. Just a minute closer to midnight.

>Trazyn has a behaviour that is logical, more of a wild factor than a genuine help for the Imperium

-Trazyn got the null shield working which prevented Cadia from being outshotted by the Fortress
-He stopped the Chaos Baneblade saving the day
-He helped Cawl make the Pylons work
-He unleashed his collection that bought the Imperials the time they needed
-He convinced Greyfax that Chaos takes priority over her prejudices which caused her to save Celestine
-He "saved" Creeds life

Cadia wouldn't have lasted as long as it had without his shenanigans.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Sigmar

I kinda meant that as the fact that he wasn't for the Imperium by conviction. But his contribution was invaluable yes.

>Chaos marines get a chance at redemption when struck by the sword of the Emperor
>Get reincarnated into ultra loyal, new space marines that only answer to His will

Make it happen.
Seriously though, just a slight push forward is enough. No need to activate every race's Doom device/I WIN button.

Well shit, this might just get me back into 40k

Honestly, if anything it seems like a step sideways rather than closer or further away. Chaos has more options but the Imperium is also gaining allies.

>5 companies of SoBs
Shouldn't it be a preceptory instead? I don't think sisters use SM nomenclature.

This event has lost all impact on me since we already got a 13th black crusade in 2003. I expect to get another retconned version of it in the next decade, so I don't get attached.

That's a very accurate way to describe it.

This sounds so gloriously fucking dumb and I love it.

I've always liked 40k the most when it embraced how ridiculous its universe is, and this sounds like exactly that.

I mean, that fluff is 13 years old now. It's time to move on. It's like people trying to use RT era fluff, shit's so old it has lost any actual claim to be concrete canon imo, and even then, I am a fairly big supporter of taking bits and pieces for your own headcanon on point subject to debate so you do you user.

So according to this, the Pylons are the only things keeping the galaxy afloat from falling into the Warp and being devoured.

If the Cadian Pylons weren't there, then the Eye would have enveloped the galaxy a long time ago. It's starting to do it now that Abaddon destroyed them. In fact, Abaddon as spent his time destroying the pylons scattered across the galaxy, increasing the power and activity of Chaos in the galaxy.

So all this talk about the Emperor holding back the Chaos Gods and protecting the galaxy is bullshit. This means the Emperor is a fraud.

I must admit, I would love for all the various factions to be smashing their I WIN buttons when out of nowhere, it's fucking Harlequins. The Harlies pulling a victory out of their asses and somehow putting everybody else in their place at once would make me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Which is kind of their thing, now that I think about it.

People asked for plot progression years ago and gave up. Now GW decided to do that and we have terrible example of what is coming.

Matt Ward is writing it. Don't worry.

I don't think it's terrible writing. I actually liked it. People judge the book without reading it, only extremely summarised version of it, and so missing the form of it.
Hell, the OP picture is the longest account I could find of it, that says a lot!

It can't be worse than the End Times, I guess

The End Times, despite being overall crap, still had some fucking awesome moments.

I still kinda grin at the Lizardmen saving the world three times before fucking off in their goddamn mayan temple spaceships.

Believe me, I don't want to suck the fun out of your life at all but we enjoy different kind of things

Matt Ward also wrote the End Times.

Yes, as I said I don't believe he will surpass himself

WHFB was a more grounded setting.

40K is the extreme setting. Ward is free to reach into the heavens with 40K's End Times narrative.

So you think it will be even worse?

Not in the entertainment value. t's going be spectacular

I don't think watching your house burning down is entertaining

It is if you've crammed enough fireworks into it beforehand.

Even with this shit I still dont think its end times

Knowing ward I can imagine the same thing happening at the Siege of terra in the horus heresy

I doubt ward wrote it. He only came back recently, and FoC has probably been planned for quite some time since it's important
But still, glad he's back, his fluff at the end was really solid, Iyanden comes to my mind, and now he's got even more experience.