What dogma does the god of robbers and outlaws preach? How would you justify her clerics leading bands of outlaws?

What dogma does the god of robbers and outlaws preach? How would you justify her clerics leading bands of outlaws?

They gain buffs that turn the outlaws invisible.

>What dogma does the god of robbers and outlaws preach?
Forgiveness and redemption even for bandits and murderers?

>forgiveness and redemption
>not lying, cheating and stealing

If someone has more than you, and they can't protect it from you, then it's yours. The more you take, the better you are. If you get caught, it's what you deserve.

What possible justification her clerics could need to leading outlaws? Practice what you preach.

The clerics of this god sound like they'd invariably be a bunch of charlatans who swindle people out of donations for performing bullshit blessings or selling religious icons. Among helping keep up morale among the bandit packs by hosting the post-score feasts, and things like that.

Originally this god wasn't even an actual deity, just a huge religious pyramid scheme

Then the pyramid scheme itself became god

The way I see it, there's three ways to do it.

1.) Ow the edge, like in . This also includes the ponzi scheme god.

2.) God of the downtrodden and unjustly abused. Theft from the unrighteous is sanctioned.

3.) Trickster/luck god. Favors clever plots and cunning schemes.

Ranald, from Warhammer Fantayd, is mostly 2 and 3.

Brilliant.

>Implying they don't masquerade as the priests of other gods

To your question, OP, go read the gentleman bastards

>dogmas

Polytheism doesn't dogmas, but still:
be smart
be smarter than the other guys
stealth and robbery is better than violence, especially for underdogs
It's the same god you worship to defend yourself from thieves

>cleric
I'd say the ideal adventuring party for said cleric is some kind of resistance fighters.

So, just your average priest, then?

>dogma
communism, as in the rich should give everything to the poor, which they are representatives of.
And they will spend it all on """refreshments""" on behalf on the poor as well.

Loyalty among friends, no snitching, no backstabbing.

Unity between the less fortunate. If you make tons of money, give some to the poor. Steal from the rich, not peasants.

Constant self improvement, trying to be smarter, more skilled. Constantly looking out for opportunities.

Subtlety over being overt.

>Thou shalt not air thy dirty laundry in public, lest anyone mistake it for a smokescreen.
>Thou shalt take refuge in thy den if thou art spotted.
>Thou shalt wear thy best headscarf on raiding days.
>Thou shalt always be on the right side of a loaded gun.
>Thou shalt not hesitate to trick a thousand people a thousand times, because thou art a Rogue and enjoy the comedy of repetition.
>Thou shalt never miss the chance to play a dirty trick on someone.
>If there are any problems on the battlefield, thou shalt ensure they are blown over in no time.
>Thou shalt avoid short fuses, if thou willst live a long life.
>Thou shalt plan thine attacks strategically, else they might blow up in thy face.
>Thou shalt share any loot equally to avoid blow ups later.

If thou dost not follow these commandments, thou must donate some of thy profits to the Rogues in Need Union as a sign of penitence.

>Praise be to Eugor, the hooded god!

We're talking about bandits, not polticians.

Donate 10% of all loot. Make the god the ultimate bandit.

Where does the money go?

You can make into the god of capitalism.

Try to make profit from everything. Keep people around that are only profitable. Avoid losses to yourself. That kinda deal.

You gotta have some friends. It's self-interest, it's good policy. When the king's men come looking for you you need a m8 who'll let you hide in his cellar.

Have at least two ways out.

Rob from those who can't afford it only when you are able and willing to relocate to somewhere else when they no longer have things to rob. If you can't, you're best sticking to those who can afford to be robbed.

Some level of honor among thieves is nice. Not necessarily mandatory or expected. But nice.

honestly clerics-of-thieves seem better as fences than regular gang leaders. Remember, clerics and priests are usually spiritual advisers of a society. What kind of society exists for thieves and what kind of advice would someone interested in their long-term health give?

Two things:

Thieves prosper.
The rich remember.

Stolen by the god of bankers.

Who puts it back in vaults and treasuries.

The circle of liiiiiife~

That's how I see it too.
The clerics work like a religious sect/crime syndicate, extorting as much money from their followers as possible, and forcing them to steal as a result.

He preaches that the rich have too much and deserve to get robbed.
He blesses those who have nothing, and steal because they are desperate.
Successful thieves who make decent money from their crimes eventually lose his blessing.
Clerics are supposed to be like Robin Hood, because if you give away part of what you steal and remain poor, you will never lose your god's blessing.

This would be a CG type of god, maybe a god that more successful thieves and influential thieves guilds defer to would be a different one.

So it was that brother would turn against brother, and cousin would turn against cousin, and mother would turn against child, all for the least bit of gain, and this was abhorrent in my eyes. And I looked upon the world and saw; the sheep did not hunt among themselves, but were hunted by wolves. The wolves did not hunt among themselves, but were hunted by men. And the men, having nothing to hunt them, were hunted by each other.

So did I fall upon them, and slaughtered as they had slaughtered, and stole as they had stolen, and I took from them all of their wicked things. I would have their hate, and their anger, and their fear, and every black thing they had secreted away. They would cower in the dark, and shiver in the cold, and curse my name forever, but at last they would do so as one.

Look up the cult of Hermes/Mercury. It's all there in the manual ya dums.

corollary: fuck wizards. fuck the entire lot of them
>because Locke didn't just lay down and die, wizards will now ruin his life solely on principal

I'm only on book two right now, but I sincerely hope that some plotline in the series ends with Locke bringing down the entire bonds magi system.

That actual work is a sin. Growing is for the dumb and weak. Crafting is done by those who are draft animals for those who actually use the tools to take what they want. That you have to bribe your way to a good afterlife. If you don't meet minimum wealth requirements, your ass is put among the kitchen staff while the real earners feast until their credit is up. Then they get reincarnated to make more money for their next afterlife vacation. Bribes are best done by priests, they know all the correct rituals to get maximum value for your coin. Therefore they also know what the god wants as sacrifices/bribes.

Those are some basics, I could do more given time and desire.

Fuck you guys are making me want to re-read. Book 4 can't get here soon enough.

There should be a splinter sect that started the Pirates Code

"the strong take what they can; the weak suffer what they must."

Don't Rob Your Own House
Don't Steal From Those Who Have Nothing
Don't Snitch

>What dogma does the god of robbers and outlaws preach?
Take what you can, give nothing back
>How would you justify her clerics leading bands of outlaws?
Not just stealing shit anymore, now it is HOLY AND RIGHT!

Two opposing thief religions? One attested by the Robin Hood types, steal from the rich and give to the poor types
The other by the "take what you can - give nothing back" types
Man, I loved that line from PotC

Clerics preach about the decadence of the well-off and the inequality of it all, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer etc among the common folk, turn the average shitter's sentiment for the favor of the thieves who will then shelter them and never snitch etc, in return the thieves share a pittance of their loot every now and then

That's not a very successful model for a serious crime syndicate unless your idea of a villain is Fagin from Oliver Twist.