Humanity gets into space

>Humanity gets into space.
>Finds a method of FTL travel and communication.
>However FTL communication and travel has to literally go through hell.
>Ship captains generally have to sign contracts with demons in order to navigate through hell or operate the FTL communication equipment.

What would be the economic and military effect of this for a galactic empire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone getting a bit of thread deja vu?

Eh, it's prolly nothing

I suspect humanity would make genetically enhanced superwarriors to combat the thread, all the while denying the existence of said hell from the bulk of mankind.

Also some of these warriors might defect to the forces of hell.

I dunno. Just spitballing here.

Eh, it's prolly nothing.

>Making deals with demons
>Thinking you can exploit hell
>Thinking any good can come from this

You better be ready for the inevitable consequences of making contracts with demons when this all blows up in your face.

Eh, it's prolly nothing

Eh, it's prolly nothing.

What kind of contracts?

What kind of literal hell? Christian hell where the souls of the sinners end up after the second coming of Christ?

Eh, its prolly nothing.

No, probably just another dimension that's a reflection of collective psyche of living beings, and was once peaceful, but a psychic fallout from an apocalyptic war between species of physical gods rendered it hostile to living beings and filled with malevolent half-sentient emanations.

Eh, its prolly nothing.

You invent Gellar fields

Space is a lot more lewd.

Eh, it's prolly nothing.

Honestly OP, what were you expecting?

Really, in-game it'd make every ship's captain a Captain Kirk, with a dozen demon waifus across Hell, and God help the soul of any man whose ladies meet.

Obvious:

Humanity would invade Hell or die trying.

Depends on your demons, OP.

Do they merely act as "adversaries" so people can better themselves, or are they manifestations of destructive and self-serving biological urges?

You mean the concept invented by Catholics with no biblical support at all?

Christian afterdeath for sinners who didn't adopt Jesus as a savior is biblically just death. Only the saved get any form of eternal life.

I suspect humanity would make genetically enhanced superwarriors to combat the thread, all the while denying the existence of said hell from the bulk of mankind.

Literally 40k.

Do the demons look like that?
Because I would have no problem with that at all then.

What about the lake of fire, weeping and gnashing of teeth?

This was already a thread

Eh, it's prolly nothing

Hmm this sound alot like warptravel in 40k. Here is a pic for some inspiration.

DEJA VU
I'VE BEEN TO THIS THREAD BEFORE

Anyon͜e ́g̶e͢t͞ti͡n͠g҉ a b͜it͝ o̶f t͞hr̛ea͡d deja ̨v͢u͠?̢
̢
̵Eh̶, i͝t͢'s p̴r͘o͟l̴ly͟ n͝o̴t̷h̴i̕n͜g

Where am I?

This weird thread again, déjà vu!

Isn't that the 40k? Kind of.

Y͘o͟ú m̀ay͞ b̕e òn to ͡so͝m͞et͘hiǹg̴ ͝t͞h̡ere̷

E̵̷̛h̡̕,̷̢̕ ͘͠i̷t̸'͞ś ̴̀͜p҉͢r̀͝o͞ll̨y͟͢҉ ̨̀n̵҉o̢th̷̸̕i҉̸n̴͝͠g̷̛.̛

>highly religious sailing types
>signing contracts with demons
Something tells me this would end badly

(OP)

I've never seen one before, no one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

event horizon is a good movie

A white hole?

>Astropath guiding the vessel through the warp.
>Not Navigators.

The fire stuff is mostly about being burnt into nothing, after which there is no. The only reference to anything eternal would be the column of fire and smoke iirc.

But the Bible is pretty clear, only the saved get to live forever.

What kind of contracts?

>>However FTL communication and travel has to literally go through hell.
>>Ship captains generally have to sign contracts with demons in order to navigate through hell or operate the FTL communication equipment.
Step 1: go to hell in a battleship
Step 2: deploy heavy ordinance
Step 3: invade hell for resources

Why would you need to bother with FTL when you have an entire alternate universe to plunder? I have yet to see a demon that stands up to nuclear fire or orbital bombardment.

Depends on your demons, OP.

Do they merely act as "adversaries" so people can better themselves, or are they manifestations of destructive and self-serving biological urges?

>Why would you need to bother with FTL when you have an entire alternate universe to plunder?

Maybe you would need hellmode-FTL to travel long distances in hell as well. You could use another level of hell...

Eh, it's prolly nothing

You are part of a joint Death Watch task force. Making your way through the Navy ship mid-transit you take a wrong turn back to your quarters and stumble upon this.

What do?

why would you think it's a good idea to try to pick a fight with a civilization that's had FTL tech for god knows how long while we're just barely stumbling into its existence

If I took you and threw you into a lake of fire right now, you'd be dead in like a few seconds tops and then just be ashes. Why assume that being thrown into the biblical Lake of Fire is a form of eternal life in Hell and not just obliteration?

(OP)
Space is a lot more lewd.

Luke 16 19-31

I don't know, but that kind of future seems really grim and dark to me.

Now I'm really getting thread deja vu.

I remember browsing lit and tg years ago. Some anime had an idea for a book. Humanity taps into a geothermal hotspot and drills to far. Straight into a pocket dimension which is hell underneath earth with lots of mineral rich resources and that pazas. Except the twist was it was virtually abandoned. Only statutes and tombs of ancient demons and devils. Hell itself was a giant wasteland desert. I wonder if he ever wrote the book out....

DEJA VU
I'VE BEEN TO THIS THREAD BEFORE