Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tyranids Will Get Walkers edition

>Previous Thread
>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Help us kick Ahriman out, he keeps creasing the spines)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/competitive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for whynotfuckanid

She only wants you for your biomass.

>Just because it's competitive does not mean it's a competition.
>t. a retarded user

So are the tyranid players all really chicks?

6th for FAQS A SHIIIIIIIIT

>there is only one definition of competitive
>because a game is a competition that means all definitions of competitive apply

Will I ever get over my crippling loneliness and depression?

I have a beard and a dick so i hope not

No, what he was saying was
>Just because it's a competition it doesn't mean it's competitive
>what do you mean "pertaining to competition" is the definition of the word competitive?
>I wasn't talking about that definition, I was talking about this different one that I made up and which only I am using.

>>I wasn't talking about that definition, I was talking about this different one that I made up and which only I am using.
unless I'm the oxford dictionary, I am certanly not the only one using that defintion
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/competitive

I think user MEANT to say is that just because it's competitive doesn't mean it has to be antagonistic.

Thats what some guys look for in a girl

Only one of those things would be a problem and even that can be excused by being a Turkish woman.

I too have a beard and a dick and am a tyranid player

It has two players in a competition to achieve the mission's objectives. That makes it a competitive game.

Nice job ducking all the criticism of 40k as a narrative game by the way.

>competitive in this sense is focusing on winning and wining alone, where the only thing that matters is the outcome.
That's not the popular definition of competitive. That's "WAAC" in wargamer internet parlance. Why don't you try actually responding to my points instead of lying?

Shit, GW's even getting back into the competitive scene. Why are you acting like such a moron trying to defend their rationalizations for why they won't put effort into the game?

Is it a feminine dick?

Great Edition picture. Saved

None of the definitions on that page match your made-up definition from last thread.

Slaanesh leave

There are three actually

>Definition of competitive
> 1
> : relating to, characterized by, or based on competition
> 2
> : inclined, desiring, or suited to compete
> 3
> : depending for effectiveness on the relative concentration of two or more substances

It has to be though. That's the definition.

Not really. I was thinking of replacing the trygon with either an exocrine or tyrannofex. I still dont have all of these models yet so this was just a rough draft. I have the hive vangaurd, trygon, mawloc, warriors, prime, and harpy.

I'm a bit behind here guys but Rules as written... and because whoever wrote these FAQs were lazy cunts.

This means Genestealer Cult cannot charge on turn 1 using Cult Ambush.

Only the most autistic idiot would enforce it... but RAW... it does, right?

>That's not the popular definition of competitive.
so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.

wrong. see

I think GW has a marketing issue when the main race wimmin seem to be able to relate to is the horde of characterless, all-consuming bugs.

At least they seem to be adding more female characters in recent stuff like Fall of Cadia.

Yes a game might have a winner and a loser. But this does not mean that you gotta be a shitbird about winning and losing. Winning may be the goal of the game but if you have made winning the game the goal of your life then you are losing.

>so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.

That stems from the fact that casual in that context is a dumb term to use, but in this context it implies making tactically unsound choices for aesthetic reasons, but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.

You should try presenting some arguments instead of just shitposting, buddy

First of all fuck the idiot who wrote the question.

But yes, raw, just saying "no" was stupid and lazy.

It should have been (along the lines of) You may only charge on the first turn using Cult ambush on a 6.

Just saying no was lazy.

>tsundere greyfax and celestine

Fall of Cadia also passes the Bechdel test ...

>so then when people debate about playing 40k casually or competitive, what exactly do you think casual means then, if it is supposed to be the antithesis to competitive? That players aren't playing against each other? that has to be the case, if we define competitive as anything with a winner and a looser.
>That stems from the fact that casual in that context is a dumb term to use, but in this context it implies making tactically unsound choices for aesthetic reasons, but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.

And bad balance arguably affects casual gamers even more as their lack of attention towards matters of balance means that it is far likelier that they break their meta accidentally, resulting in un-fun games (as unbalance takes away their possibility to make aesthetic game choices), compared to two gamers who know their lists and can strive to balance them against their enemy.

reposting list

Casual is essentially a meaningless term in the discussion of 40k.

Nice job ducking criticism, again. Please, try to justify your conflation of "WAAC" and "competitive."

In regards to definitions, quoting you from last thread ()
>competitive in this sense is focusing on winning and wining alone, where the only thing that matters is the outcome.

That is not the same as (from Oxford)
> "having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others"
You can have multiple strong desires.

Celestine is awesome. Recently killed about 900 points worth of stuff including a baneblade. Praise the Emperor.

>but it ultimately is still withing the competitive context of the game.
but that competitive context is not what most people mean when they say "competitive play". people are not using the definition of "relating to a competition", they mean "Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others" where successful means winning and others means your opponent.
competitive play is not just playing a game with a winner and loser, it refers to a certain mindset.
perhaps when you say "competitive game" you just mean "it has a winner and a loser", but its a fucking war game, that's a given. playing competitively means focusing on winning, that the definition of the word.

>Opponent cult ambush deployed and charged my skitarii warlord's squad turn 1
>21 radium carbine shots and 9 plasma caliver shots at BS 4 due to Emotionless Clarity warlord trait
>Rerolls due to prefered enemy

I laughed at the time but I still thought the first turn charges were bullshit, if you've got a shooty list you're fucked.

>tau players

I'm disappointed her wings aren't real

I wanted fem-Sanguinius ;__;

congrats mate! but how'd you kill a baneblade ? what does celestine have that's strong enough to knock out AV14 besides her one use orbital thingy ?

>> "having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others"
except it is. Being successful in the context of 40k means winning.
I have no need to justify anything, yu need to justify using competitive to mean "it has a winner and a loser", when that's a fucking given because it's a war game, and saying it's a competitive war game by your standard would be like saying "ATM Machine", you're saying the same thing twice.

>perhaps when you say "competitive game" you just mean "it has a winner and a loser", but its a fucking war game, that's a given
Fuck yes that's a given, that's why everybody who tries to weasel out of that with the narrative bullshit excuse is full of shit. It's like someone trying to sell you a car, except you can't drive around in it because you install tires or a motor on it and they try to sell it to you because the seats are so comfortable.

* because you can't install tires or a motor on it

First turn charges are just an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of power creep. If it becomes impossible to survive multiple turns of walking across the board to get into CC, they have to introduce ways to get directly into CC.

40k needs a pretty major overhaul, especially in regards to the assault phase. Getting locked into CC needs to be less of an automatic death sentence for shooting units, Overwatch needs to have some trade-off, tar-pitting needs to be less of a thing, charges need to be less random in distance, etc.

No, it's like playing football with your buddies in a yard instead of playing on a college team. Both have winners and losers, but winning is a much more important factor in one of them.

Ardent blade is armourbane.

When playing football with your buddies, do you put all the DYEL manlets on one team and the bouncers, ex-marines and sumo-wrestlers on the other team? No you don't

You claimed that competitive meant ONLY caring about winning and losing. That's NOT what that Oxford definition says. Christ, I literally pointed out that you can have multiple strong desires (ie having fun, having a close game, forging a narrative, etc).

>that's why everybody who tries to weasel out of that with the narrative bullshit excuse is full of shit
but by it being a given saying you're "playing competitively" is redundant, since everyone is playing competitively by the very nature of the game. so either there is another definition of competitive and you are trying to weasel out by using the "winner and loser" one, or you're using redundant words which is the equivalent of saying "ATM Machine"

>but by it being a given saying you're "playing competitively" is redundant
Good thing Im not saying that.

>You claimed that competitive meant ONLY caring about winning and losing
that doesn't answer my point.
if competitive just means "having a loser and winner", then there's no need to even say competitive war game, because a wargame is inherently competitive. Either competitive means something else, or you're just being redundant. Which is it?

Deathwatch are possibly the most lazy and half-assed codex I think GW have every put out, I can't understand half of the decisions made.

>Can my Watch Captain take Terminator armour?
yes
>Can my Librarian take Terminator armour?
yes
>Can my Chaplain?
lol no...
>Why?
just no

>Can my kill team take a dedicated transport?
lol no

>Just to confirm, because the codex allows it, I can take shot guns and boltguns, right?
no

and it just goes on and on and on... Why did they bother?

>Good thing I'm not saying that.
but you are. you're saying it's a competitive game, but by it's very nature it's competitive, so why say competitive? either competitive has either a defined or well understood meaning beyond "winner and loser", or saying a game is "competitive" is redundant.

Do you even see the irony here? You repeatedly refuse to respond to my points, and now you're trying to claim that I'm not answering to your strawman. Go way back to what started this whole shitposting chain of yours.

>It's a competitive game. Competitiveness is natural and inevitable.

>The issue is entirely on GW's end. They need to unfuck the balance so that little Timmy can't fall in love with Riptides and accidentally ruin the meta of his local group.

So, to answer "Which is it?" It's neither. I never said it was a competitive wargame, I said it was a competitive game. You are entirely correct that wargames are, by their very nature, competitive.

At this point, you are literally arguing FOR my original post that you posted in disagreement to.

>but you are. you're saying it's a competitive game, but by it's very nature it's competitive, so why say competitive? either competitive has either a defined or well understood meaning beyond "winner and loser", or saying a game is "competitive" is redundant.

Oh you mean that, there are games that are non-competitive like DnD, where no winners and and losers exist, or cooperative games

It's pretty easy to swap them for feathery wings if you want.

It's not all Tyranid players are chicks. It's all chicks in 40k are Tyranid players.

They wasted all their creative juices on fucking GSC...

>They wasted all their creative juices on fucking GS
And yet you can get GSC lists like this one. (The Leman Russ is the Warlord as this army has no Characters).

That's a lot of tanks

Sergeants can be warlords.

The Exocrine a pretty solid choice.
I remember the Trygon Prime not being quite worth it's points but it's still fun to deep strike this big creature whever you want so you do you.
Then again it's useful synapse if you want to go deepstrike heavy.

GW just randomly not letting some IC's take options is pretty standard. Dark Apostles, Warpsmiths, Exalted Sorcerers, etc are all missing armor and/or mount options.

This FAQ is just one more reinforcement that GW gives exactly zero shits about making a fun, balanced, coherent game. Just discuss shit with your opponent. Then cry when your opponent's narrative doesn't mesh with yours and you're forced to rely on GW's shitty rules.

>Women should play armies with women in it LOL.

faggot.
Tyranids are a lot cooler then shemale of battles

Everything in the Demo Claw has Tank Hunters. Even the Goliaths, with their Twin-Linked Autocannons.

Every Acolyte/Neophyte unit can infiltrate with their transport. (Neophytes might Outflank though). The Armored Sentinels and the Russ in the Cavalcade also get to Outflank. The Leman Russ tank rolls Strategic, so either gives the army Stealth/MTC (Ruins), or also gets to Infiltrate/Outflank.

Basically, it's a tank army where most the tanks are being commanded by Creed hybrids.

Unlike many armies, you can actually run Neophytes/Acolytes without a sergeant (Hybrid leaders are an optional upgrade). They're similar to Dark Eldar in that regard.

It's more that 40K is a huge sausage party when it comes to humans and humanoid characters
Their main poster-army is entirely made of dudes without the possibility of females. Kinda says something

Neat. I was looking towards getting some genestealer allies for my Tyranid force. A cultist mining crew seemed quite fitting with the general theme of my hive fleet being Raveners, Trygons, Mawlocs, and other burrowing things.

It says that the vast majority of the consumer base is men. Or maybe it says that almost everyone involved in producing the miniatures and writing the fluff is a dude. Or maybe it says that throughout human history the vast majority of combatants have been men.

Meant to say Acolytes might outflank. Neophytes Infiltrate with the Chimeras as Mining Laser bunkers.

The Subterranean Uprising is the most popular standalone formation and is definitely worth using if you're doing a "Terror from beneath" army. First Curse is if you want your Genestealers to rock standalone, and who knows? Maybe Demo Claw could be cute, if you strap Pyrovores on top of the Rockgrinders ("They finally have a use!").

>It's more that 40K is a huge sausage party
so, who gives a shit? what would you prefer, quotas on how much women are represented in the fluff?

tfw the Tyranid Hivemind is just another galaxy's Emperor of Hivekind

> Their main poster-army is entirely made of dudes without the possibility of females.
>Kinda says something

The Emperor is Richard Simmons?

Yes. All media, regardless of content, setting, theme, tone, or intent must have at least 50% female characters. Anything less is utter misogyny. All groups or organizations must have at least 50% members. Anything less is a hate group.

Way too many female characters. The way FoC was written you'd think Saint Celestine was the most important person in the Imperium and that the other chick was the only Inquisitor worth a damn.

it's a lose lose situation

NO GIRLS WAAAAAH

THE GIRLS DEPICTED HAVE PERKY MOLDED TITS AND HIGH HEELS WAAAAAAH

Abaddon plz

maybe if you had offered Spire men like he wanted you wouldnt have had your spine stabbed through

>Non-fluff supported conversions

My autism wouldn't allow such a thing!

>Or maybe it says that throughout human history the vast majority of combatants have been men.

In the vast future where there are combat drugs, high tech walkers and genetic engineering you're still pulling that excuse

so what, Swarmlord is just Daemons of the Hivemind? The Nid version of Celestine?

>he thinks he's a 40k lore gatekeeper

Sad!

Hello friends, I want to get started with AdMech.

Is the War Convocation still a piece of shit thing to run? I was thinking it would be a nice thing to run against my Decurion abusing Necron friend.

>but enough talk... have at (you)
>twice in the file name
So close. It's good though, I like it.

Either respond in full or don't respond at all.

There are plenty of models where they're clearly female without being some Heavy Metal inspired shit.

Like what?

Shadowsun?

Was building Dark Eldar scourges recently, that's what made me think of it.
And I'm aware of Wych cults and stuff like that in the army. I'm not so investing in turning 40K into some feminist paradise that you gotta change everything. Just would be nice to have some more subtly female models mixed in

>Shadowsun clearly female

>Eldar
>Boobplate the army

The only faction that includes females in a way that couldn't possibly be considered sexist is Tau, because their fire warriors and battlesuits are all unisex.

And even that won't satisfy people, because you need to have them with non-sexist boobplate so you can affirm to yourself that it's a girl.

>Women should play armies with women in it LOL

It's more than the focus of the setting, the Imperium, is a massive sausage-fest, which has it's place, like with the Astartes, but really the setting could allow armies to be so much more varied.

The Sisters of Battle don't really off-set that because they're too obviously designed as 'The Designated Army For Women To Play' even if that's not how they've turned out

It's telling that whenever GW lend out their IP for vidya or roleplaying games, those companies generally include a lot more characters who are something other than a massively roided caricature of a hero/villian who's only emotions are RAEG 'n FUUUREH

Why do 30k Word Bearers look like Flesh Tearers?

>Tyranids get a good codex with lots of fun, flavourful options
>marines get fucked
It's like bizarro GW took over for two books.

This all started as a passing comment. Having thought a huge amount into it. I just understand if women aren't as drawn into this game because of a lack of representation or something.

I like how visibly wet Mira got for Titus

>It says that the vast majority of the consumer base is men.

Yeah, but it's not a zero-sum game. Most (most) men don't react like vampires to holy water to the presense of female characters/models in their games, and it might mean girls who looked at the game but didn't really see any particular characters they could relate too might stick around, rather than just the minority of women who have a niche fetish for chitin and carnivorous maggot guns.

I think it's more that women aren't drawn to the game because most women don't care as much about military wargames in space, not a lack of representation.

Too bad Titus eats so many roids for breakfast that his benis practically fell off.

She was a loyal soldier of the Imperium confronted by a SPESS MUHREEN.

It'd be heresy not to get wet. Even the male guardsmen get wet.