/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Crusades were bad so I started my own Great Crusade edition.

HHG have Slow and Purposeful special rule sub edition

Previous >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYOM0U5_Nxc
strawpoll.me/10558764
krzysztofmalecki.deviantart.com/art/WH40K-Rogal-Dorn-632570885
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no d20
>no summary
>no keeping track of thread number
XXVIIth Thread for the VIIth.

So what's the "polite limit" on the use of Cybernetica in 2k/2.5k games?

My Genetor army I've just ordered some kits for essentially buy Castellax in boxes of 3, since they use Stormvermin bodies. (Which will need an ungodly amount of work to remove all the spikes and detail and replace it with Admech and Bullgryn armour, but that's the way the world works)

This means I'm probably going to have 6, two S10 melee/Maulerbolt, 2 Darkfire Cannons and two undecided. Add in a Thanatar and maybe a Vulturax or some Vorax.

Would that be a reasonable list to expect people to fight or would that be MC spam? Eventually it's going to be fairly combined-arms, with a couple Reductor tanks, some Thallax and Magi of all types, but I'm starting with the Cybernetica.

Also, does anyone have the technique for greenstuffing on rivets? Going to need lots of them.

Inferno in July edition.

Talons of the Emperor free pdf edition.
Worst legions delayed till July sub edition.

Ah, but July of which year :^)

51324106s don't lie.

Praise the dark gods

yes, cry more

Wait, why would Angron be angry?

Why would Angron be angry about this in particular?

Why do you lie?

So are these the only good ways to run Stone Gauntlet outside of Zone Mortalis, and of them, which is the better option?

> Land Raider + MSU spam

> Footslog the ones that aren't blobs packed into Spartans behind your heavy vehicles

Can't believe it took me so long to figure out that this was supposed to be a vehicle-heavy RoW. Suppose the description should have been a hint: "phenomenally resilient interlocking defence [...] a grinding, implacable battering ram of force."

Rolled 10 (1d10)

I WILL END YOU, WORD BEAR.

EMPEROR AKBAR

>I feel the paint overtaking me!
>it is a good paint!

>Rolled 10

DECIMATION

>that Dorn's face
>positions are fortified in the distance

Why do I feel like these threads get worse and worse

youtube.com/watch?v=JYOM0U5_Nxc

Great start to the thread lads, top work on ignoring the fisherman.

Anyway, some questions to try to get things back on track. Do you use named characters in your armies, or go full Your Dudes? And if you do, do you use them because they bring good rules to your army, or because you like them in the fluff?

post your boxnaughts

Full your dudes. If I absolutely have to use a named SC for their rules, I use a converted model with its own fluff

I occasionally use Dynat, because the model is damn gorgeous

Rolled 5 (1d10)

PRAISE THE DICE EMPEROR!
You die first!
Take this.
We got to change this.

Have a potnaught in unlikely company.

>>>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
>strawpoll.me/10558764
I'm sorry for fucking up the poll, can we start a new one?
There's no way a thousand people lurk ITT.

Phalanx Warders should get Counter Attack.

MAKE /HHG/ GREAT AGAIN.

Can I answer without actually having my army ready yet?

When I'm playing Cybernetica, I think I will include named characters, but since Scoria (Who I think I'll need since AFAIK the local meta is just "Cram Primarch+as many termies as possible and footslog because 4x4 table") is basically just a statblock at the moment, I can make mine look suitable and essentially use his rules as a "Counts-As".
Thinking Magos built in to teched-up Arachnarok Spider (Anacharis Spider?) or Canoptek Spyder.

PRIMARCHS ARE NOT FOR WAIFUING.

Dreads had to start out from somewhere and pots might as well be the start.
It's the ALfags. Just look at their numbers.

I'm a goddanm fluff fag. Named dudes are ok, but they're a minority.

>All the marines in my army have a fluffy name or nickname.
>Every model is modelled to be more unique.
>I got into the game explicitly for the 'muh dudes', painting and modelling.
>Have over 5k worth of my army but mostly play KT and small games.

CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT SHITPOSTING SCUM?
I WILL BRING GLORY TO /hhg/

If we do make a new poll, can we add Mechanicum, SA and Militia/Cults to that list? Otherwise not much of a poll.

Why do folks keep saying scoria looks like a scorpion? Where does it say this? It doesn't say in his stat block or his fluff blurb. Can I get a page citation? I'm honest to god curious at this point.

Anachnarok spider might be too big, that model is kind of massive. I think canoptek stuff will fit very well with hereteks though.

>>It's the ALfags. Just look at their numbers.
It's just one, and I am him. I went into memetic overdrive on the poll when Praetorian of Dorn dropped.

Agreed.

Anacharis Scoria. First Dark Mechanicum Lord and has a Scorpion body.

From Battle Bunnies AFAIK:

/2016/02/the-horus-heresy-retribution-seminar.html

At least, that's where I think it's from

That's clealry Alex Jones.

It is very good artwork. Captures the Fists' spirit very well.

krzysztofmalecki.deviantart.com/art/WH40K-Rogal-Dorn-632570885

Depends if they have a model or not, and whether I like it.

I'm going to use the Calth praetor (unedited, ironically) as Erasmus Golg, but I'm not sure if I'll fluff him as Golg or just another Terminator captain who's a tough leader. I think the face on Calth (as I'm provisionally calling him) looks more sympathetic than Golg's picture, so when it's painted I might judge him to be his own man.

>Phalanx Warders should get Counter Attack.
That would be interesting. Counter-attack on top of defensive grenades basically says "don't charge this unit".

What are your thoughts on their power axes and the cost for them? How many is worth it, and how many is enough?

>The least played 7 legions are loyalist.

That means most people here play traitors.

I never expected to see that much faggotry on my /hhg/, truly, I am disappointed.

>inb4 le edgy muh loyalist AL and IW.
How come the most played legions are soom of the most WAAC ones Also, the IW require no skill at all to paint, even better for WAACfags

>rolling a d10
>in a d6 game

He is kind of badass, though. I think I'll get the Canoptek, since the bits will be helpful anyhow and see how it goes.

Fantasy spider would require loads of extra armour, too, and currently my supplies of that are going on the Castellax and Arlatax counts-as beasties.

Pretty accurate.
>and I am him
Stop the meming.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Better?

Can the Malcador Infernus be taken in any army other than Solar Auxilia? It looks badass and has excellent rules, although I might personally bump the points by 60 or so and stick to the regular flamer.

Legions are allowed to take one or two as LOW. So if you decided you really don't need friends go for it

Is the mega broken?

Anyone know where I can find mechanicum rules?

>>Phalanx Warders
Alpha Legion can stick Counter Attack on them.
As for Power Axes, it's always relative to the squad strength. I'd equip them with some, but leave enough bolters and special weapons to make them a good provocateur unit.

A good portion are loyalist molemen.
How are the two legions WAAC?

An unfortunate syntagm.

Do you also think Plasma Guns are the best for them?
Regular breachers already have meltas, and the 24" range/rapid fire is more of an enticement for infantry to finish the job in melee, rather than a warning for vehicles to stay away/watch their flanks.

>"I think the only difference between me and the other poster is that I’m more reserved and my images are more original."

Why is the admech lord of war list so limited in comparison?

And the Mechanicum? I don't see it in either list. Is it one of those "Can take from other FW stuff box" units?

Also, is it that bad? Lots of things are 2+ armoured in the Heresy. I really don't know much about the 30k Meta.

It is in the "you can take these other FW toys for your marines box"

What makes the Infernus stupid OP is that you can give it Chem Munitions, which make it poisend 2+ and AP 2. Even besides that, being able to move 12'' and fire a 16'' long template with 18'' Torrent means there is no escaping it.

Both the Astartes Red Books in the MEGA seem to be the "Legions" one, not the vanilla army list. Where's that?

Is the Power Axe pretty much useless?

What if it was just a minus 2 penalty to Initiative, and treated units with an armour save of 2+ as having an armour save of 4+?

The new mechanicum red book has an explicit boxout that says "If the unit shows up in another 30k list, you can't take it."

Ah, OK. Presumably that means that I can have one for the Mechanicum too?

I might see what I can do re. houseruling it down a but, because I do like the idea of a giant flamer tank.

Ehm what ? Have you been smoking something ? Power axes are THE option if you want to save points but still crack 2+ saves. Specially in 40k everybody swapped their powerfists on models for power axes, because less points, more attacks and having Str 8 only matters if you want to ID something. With the points you save you can even take a meltabomb and take down vehicles way better than a powerfist can too.

Why would the power axe be useless? It's an AP2 weapon that comes free on Terminators. Look at it objectively, when buying units efficiency is increased by the number of models on the board that offer redundancy, making it ever more likely that you will be able to pose a threat to the opponents army, regardless of composition.

For example, Heavy Support Squads have value in that the sheer number of heavy weaponry ensures decent saturation threat saturation. Ten Las Cannons is relatively more effective at posing a threat than a singular vehicle.

If you are planning on fielding a specific model because of the wargear or the weaponry it offers then be sure to field at least one more unit that offers the same spectrum of utility or threat.

When it comes to vehicles I would always suggest fielding two.

One is the "Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List", that's the latest generic legion red book, the other book, "Age of Darkness Legions" contains all the legion specific rules.

>having Str 8 only matters if you want to ID something
That's the biggest thing for me, honestly.

And I was thinking with armoured ceramite, power fists are not weaker than melta bombs anymore.

Meltabombs have Armourbane, not Melta, as they have no range. Therefore they don't give a damn about Armoured Ceramite because rules.

AC only works against Melta. Melta-bombs have Armourbane.

I've tried both links, and they both lead to the Legion-Specifics book. Odd.

Meltabombs work just fine against Armoured Ceramite.

AC only stops Melta weapons, and Meltabombs are Armourbane. Meltabomb-spam was one of thé go-to tactics to deal with AC vehicles, so where you got the idea that it stops meltabombs from ... But maybe you just never play and only theoryhammer

How did you paint the blue?

>thé
taco detected.

Wow, forgot about that.

>But maybe you just never play and only theoryhammer

It's... been a while...

I love duty and destroying the Enemies of Man. How do I properly paint, fortify, and equip the Imperial Fists? I already have stronghold assault, several fortifications and 2 B@C. Can I use Army Painter Yellow and buy several whirlwinds or basalisks?

Well, since I've just looked, we have literally everything else that isn't a Fellblade or something of the sort. Also, that "If it is in the Legions book or something you can't take it" restriction only locks out the Space Marine specifics and the Stormhammer, so the Marauder, the IA:Apoc version of the Infernus (shittier sponsons, no Fast, can be immobilised by Explodes results, so I'd say a decent tax for using the "LoW Box" rather than having it in the list normally), the CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT and all that lot are fair game.

>How do I properly paint, fortify, and equip the Imperial Fists?
Get in the pain glove and don't come out until you can psychically apply yellow paint on the molecular level.

White undercoat.
First layer a 50/50 mix of dark purple (like xereus purple) and boltgun metal (or whatever it is called these days)
Then two thin layers of 50/50 torquoise (like sotek green) and boltgun
Highlights with 50/50 torquoise and mithril silver
Guilliman blue glaze to finish it of.

>That I considered this an quick, easy paint scheme maybe implies that I paint too much ...

Can I see your dudes, fluff-kun?

Paint them as Iron Warriors, but leave out the black stripes from the chevrons.

Still didn't get an answer for this question.

>until you can psychically apply yellow paint
VIOLATIONS OF THE EMPEROR"S EDICT OF NIKAEA!!!

Cool thanks, maybe not quick scheme but it looks nice. The Guilliman blue really makes it pop. You got anymore pics of your AL dudes?

>>inb4 le edgy muh loyalist AL and IW.
H-hey!
I voted DeeGee because I identify, but also like the IWs (identify) and ALs (tactical memery), all of them loyalists.

IFs, WEs, ECs, UMs and IHs are my Sworn Brothers.

Back to the glove I go.

Anons who are your Sworn Brothers (and yo whom)?

A few. Here's one of the tactical squads

Niiice

for the love of god get a smaller brush for those freehands or tidy them up

Daily reminder.

Just a few more alphariuses and we'll have everything we ever dreamed of!

Even more Alphariuses?

Thanks for liking the established system. I wonder who will claim the threads now that we've gone beyond 20.
I guess they're the free-for-all threads?

I've been watching a few batreps and games at the local FLGS before I start 30k, and the ones I watch in person seem to have way less vehicles. Any particular reason for that? I'd rather not prep my robots with Land's Raider-busting guns and then waste them all popping tactical marines.
Also, are Primarchs that common? Nearly every game has one or more in, and you'd think that two wouldn't show up to every relatively small skirmish for a duel.

Even more chunks of Alpharius, courtesy of Rogal Dorn

The amount of vehicles probably depends on how much people can spend on FW goodies, as FW made sure all their toys are super good, whilst things that have plastic versions (preds, boxdreads) are at most mediocre.

Primarchs also depends on people's preferences. Primarchs are almost never fielded here. Though if BL is to be believed the primarchs were duking it out at every opportunity they got...

OK then. Probably a good idea to build to be able to handle them, then? I seem to be the first Mechanicum player there.

What are the usual answers for AV14, Primarchs etc.?
I'm thinking plasma or similar and just one of the many Ordnance guns I have floating around the army list?

Can I use Rewards of treason to add a second primarch to my AL?