>will the Saheeli combo work
>What will standard look like post-ban?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-zombie-tribal/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-wg-angels/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ballista-control/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/abzan-militia-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-17-uyv-abzan-counters/
sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/deckshow.php?&t[C1]=1&start_date=01/20/2017&end_date=01/22/2017&start=1&finish=64&event_ID=19&city=Columbus&state=OH&limit=100
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/aether-revolt-packaging-promos-and-planeswalker-decks-2016-12-05
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Standard brew: Mechanized Servos

3 Servo Exhibition
3 Cogworker's Puzzleknot
1 Sigarda’s Aid
3 Built to Last
2 Metallic Mimic
3 Metallic Rebuke
3 Master Trinketeer
4 Stoneforge Masterwork
3 Reverse Engineer
2 Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
2 Sram's Expertise
2 Second Harvest
2 Angel of Invention
3 Mechanized Production
4 Prairie Stream
4 Canopy Vista
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Forest
4 Island
4 Plains

Sideboard:

3 Fragmentize
3 Disallow
3 Blossoming Defense
2 Natural Obsolescence
4 Plummet

Copy Cat is quite real from what we can see at SCG

my money is on Grixis Control though to shut it down and make it look silly

Where could I find other casuals that play cheap, bastard decks like mine?

I tried playing at the LGS and it was either hardcore nerds that knew each other or preppy people who came in and left asap after getting what they needed.

Money is not exactly an issue, but I want people who don't take the game seriously and wouldn't be offended at playing cheap decks.

go to lgs
ask "does anyone want to play a casual game"
or teach your friends how to play

Fatal push is stupid. My LGS sold out of their Fatal push pulls because every dickwad is padding their deck with it.

Now my Narham deathtouch guys can't be counter buffed because it'll be waste. :(

What's the Saheeli combo?

Looks fun. How often does Memes of Production actually work out for you?

>T3 Saheeli
>T4 Felidar Guardian, attack for infinite damage
Or...
>T1 Wandering Fumarole
>T4 Artifact dude
>Now whenever Fumarole is active, he's infinitely big

The best part is that all of this pretty much slots into a goodstuff Jeskai deck.

People will stop caring about Fatal Push once they realise it doesn't kill Gearhulks or Ishkana.

Two cats + Decoction Module

Can infinite energy be broken?

1 cat + saheeli rai just wins and is easier to set up

Not what I asked.

I mean you can make infinite thopters with the 1UR dude but that seems bad

No then

are there any good enchantments for it? grixis has no removal for it.

>people will stop caring about push
ok

>Any brews you have
Just UR dynavolt, might add black or green for support.

>will saheeli combo work
It'll get 3-4 tops this week and we'll never see it again.

>What will standard look like post-ban?
UW Flash winning everything, same as pre-ban.

Can I interest anyone in our lord and savior zombie tribal? I've been playing it online as my go-to aether revolt deck and it's been consistently amusing every game.

>how's the cat matchup
not great but you can only exile so many zombies

>how's it against grixis?
sideboard in your negates/appetite and ur fine

>how's it against white weenies
trade me baby, trade me all day

>how's it against this niche shitbrew that runs mainboard gy hate?
you got me there, congrats.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-zombie-tribal/

Any UB list?

>Stop caring about push
Do I need to screencap this like they did the MLP guy for being the most wrong person ever?

Needs improvement

Opened two booster boxes, didn't pull very well but they cost me next to nothing. I'd say the best thing I pulled is a Foil Rishkar, I have a feeling his price will go up

Managed to get a full playset of Fatal Push at least.

Is there a way I can make a viable standard deck out of Thalia and『Saint Traft』?

So what decks are viable in standard as of now?

Can any of them stand up in modern?

Is Fatal Push super rare? I mean it makes sense since it was designed to be /chase/, but you'd think they would have made it gold rare if selling packs were really their goal...

its an uncomon

Artifact dude?

Mono-white humans ft. a below average enchantment.

Decoction Cats Dynavolt.

Rubbing cats together to generate enough static to kill a man.

Anyone else think they're jackasses for doing the release on the weekend of the inauguration?

no
I didn't watch Obama's and I didn't watch this one
who even spends their time watching that stuff?

its like the Macy's Day Parade
completely meaningless, empty, flaccid, "entertainment"

right now looks like Copy Cat Combo, Some kind or G/W Planeeswalker, a few different kinds of Black+Some other color agro decks, and maybe a control deck or 2

none of them can stand up to modern with the slightest prayer

>Watching

Who goes out to a game shop in and near the D.C. area during this shit, either? You think I'm going to either risk my life or wait in horrible traffic for their fucking card game?

ahh
yeah if you are in or around DC that sucks

not really a reason to change their release date plans though for simply one area

I live around a university and the ENM release date they had some big fucking sporting event so people and traffic were everywhere
sucks but w/e
I just didn't go that week

The only format that can stand up to another format is Block Constructed vs Standard.

They knew this 1 was happening, though. At least I got to play Sealed during Pre-release. Draft adds an element I don't like.

Not what I meant. Even across rarity levels, some are printed more than others. Inquisition (ROE Uncommon), for example, was probably printed less than Consume the Meek (ROE Rare), for example

sure they knew it was happening but lets take a step back and just look at the situation for a second

a company that is based out of Seattle and distributes worldwide is going to postpone their planned scheduled release date for a set for a week because one region of the world that maybe has a couple thousand coustomers is going to be having a major event that day

if they did this then why not just postpone release dates for major professional sporting events, or holidays, or concerts, or anything
the information on when these events is going to take place is public
just because the inauguration was a busy day for DC they don't want to lose sales and production time on their printers by holding off for a week

So building UR Dynavolt, should I swap out shatters for Disallows?

MTGgoldfish hasn't updated any of their decklists so I can't tell...

Fatal push get all the attention for how it will play in modern not necessarily standard.

Still rocking the meme angels deck. Hopefully the snares, Thalia's and Authority of the Consuls is enough to beat the cat combo.

Forgot decklist. Good job me.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-wg-angels/

Aetherworks + Felidar + Panharmonicon deck is an abomination. There's no way to sideboard this shit, it has like 20 different combo lines and it's a fucking value engine even without the combo.

Selling packs is their only goal, they are a business

Why are standard threads dead nowadays? (No meme intended)

anyone know what card this art is from?

With Aether Revolt now being played, how can a vehicle deck compete in the new meta? My list right now is:

4x Thraben Inspector
4x Veteran Motorist
3x Toolcraft Exemplar
1x Pia Nalaar
2x Depala, Pilot Exemplar
2x Airdrop Aeronauts
2x Chief of the Foundry

3x Fleetwheel cruiser
4x Untethered Express
2x Peacewalker Colossus
1x Aethersphere Harverster
1x Heart of Kiran

2x Skywhaler's Shot
2x Fragmentize
2x Harnessed Lightning
2x Siege Modification
2x Built To Last

21x Lands

Thinking about dropping the Chiefs of the Foundries for one more Toolcraft Exemplar and one more Aethersphere Harverster. I also got 2 foil Metalwork Colossus, from the Aether Revolt Pre-Release, althought I don't know how to make them work in this deck or in another deck. The sideboard has 3x Built to Smash, 3x Thopter Arrest, 2xCaught in the Brights and 2 more Fragmentize. Opinions?

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
In the old days some rares were printed more than others (Sliver Queen is the textbook example) but that is one of the reasons mythics were developed.

I am skeptical that the copies of a specific rare is more common than a specific uncommon.

Druid of the Cowl

My Grixis Control deck is nearly complete: just gotta get a few cards from Revolt.

Trying to decide what to build alongside it as a change of pace. 5 Color Superfriends looks like it could work and be fun but not sure about spitting out the cash for the tech of a potentially gimmicky deck.

Maybe something with Green?

You could take out the bad cards and put good ones in instead.
Bad cards:
Airdrop Aeronauts
Chief of the Foundry
Untethered express
Peacewalker colossus
Skywhaler shot
Fragmentize (Mainboard? What the fuck are you doing)
Siege Modification
Built to Last

Good cards:
Inventor's Apprentice
Unlicensed disintegration
more toolcrafts
more depala
more harvesters
more hearts
more harnessed
shock
stasis snare
always watching

Be sure to not have more than 8 vehicles unless you want a bunch of uncrewed cars sleeping on your table. What's the manabase even like?
The sideboard is a mess so let's not get into that.

I wanna build a stupid Touch Me Tezzy deck for standard shenanigans, but I'm not sure where I want to go from here, any ideas? Mainly I don't know if I want it to be more token heavy or just UBR Goodstuff.

// 24 Maindeck
// 12 Creature
4 Ornithopter
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Bomat Courier

// 4 Enchantment
4 Tezzeret's Touch

// 6 Instant
3 Fatal Push
3 Harnessed Lightning

// 2 Planeswalker
2 Tezzeret the Schemer

Already did it for you but I am a shitty phone user so crop it if you want

That's never been a thing.

We just cycled out a 350.

Abzan counters is pretty great. Temur pummeler as well.

Thanks!

What's the best removal/utility cards for R/G? I want to make a non-pummeler RG deck.

We know that wizards prints cards on sheets that can fit 121 cards in an 11x11 grid, because they'be sold sheets like this before.

With some math and geometry, it's been figured out that there is 1 short print common in every set, which is printed at half the rate of all the other commons, and everything else falls into the proper rates.

There is one short print per set, and it's a common. Anyone saying otherwise is suffering from confirmation bias.

Any card with 'fight'
Any burn

Top 8 from SCG Columbus:
>2 GB Aggro
>2 4C Copycat
>1 GW Tokens
>1 Mardu Vehicles
>1 GB Delirium
>1 Jeskai Copycat

Overall not too terrible, especially if people are keeping answers to the combo.

Welp, now I feel like shit because most of the "oh god, so good!" cards are in your bad cards list but, ... welp, I started this novermber so, having mistakes is the way to learn. Care to explain a little the reasons of some of the changes you suggest?

In case of fragmentize as main board, it is to avoid exiles, pummeler bots and some enemy vehicles. Since it is like the trend in my LGS. And the skywhaler shot has only one name: Avacyn. Which looks like the card every white deck uses in my LGS too.

My mana base is pretty simple, I guess:

11x Plains
8x Mountains
1x Inspiring Vantage
1x Inventor's Faire

For now, mana hasn't been a big issue, seeing most of my mana necessities is covered with 3 or 4 mana. But I am opened to any tips.

By the way, some tip to know how to build a proper mainboard. Sometimes I feel like it is "throw card you don't know if you could have some use for a niche shit."

When it comes to G/R, you can split it into generic and sideboard removal

Generic Removal
-Great: Harnessed Lightning, Shock, Chandra, Skysovereign (This one is really easy to crew with hydra/brawler/tracker/refiner)
-Decent: Incendiary Flow, Hungry Flames
-Mediocre: Flame Lash, Fiery Temper (you will rarely discard this one in a G/R Energy shell)
-Bad: Everything else

Sideboard/Narrow Removal
-Against fliers: Clip Wings (Really good against flashed Avacyns as long as they don't have another flier), Take Down, Tears of Valakut
-Boardwipes: Kozilek's Return (I don't see where would you want to wipe board as R/G unless all your things are already 3+ Toughness)
-Against artifacts/enchantments: Natural State (gets rid of stasis snare and always watching), Appetite for the Unnatural (gets rid of Panharmonicon and Marvel)

Planeswalkers: I usually don't run planeswalkers on sideboard, just a couple of maindeck Chandras. They're not bad at all though and really useful as an alternative wincon, depends on your local meta.

That's mostly it. You can also run Oath of Nissa if you want to put in more Chandra/Nissa/Arlinn.

I want to go Grixis control from U/R, but having to use a less reliable, less fast mana base scares me. I'd want to cast spells with UU, BB, and R in mana costs and there's just no good way of doing that.

Engulf the Shore is also super secret tech that I don't want to give up.

is desolator magic literally autistic? in his new video, he calls Herald of Anguish a bad card, and says that Greenbelt Rampage is a good play anyways on turn 10. like does he actually even know what the fuck he's talking about?

Regardless of his autism he is clearly bad at magic.

I haven't made a burn deck since goggles rotated. I know fevered visions, shocks, and flow all go in. What else?

didn't mean to reply apologista comrade

To the user that thought Ballista was not going to be over ten bucks, you'll sooooon lose that bet user.

Now let's see if my 15 bucks prediction is met.

i've been toying online with a ballista control deck to pretty great results

>been trying to get dem ballistas since my pre release
>everyone just hoarded them on my store
>couldn't preorder because every time they were out of stock

I want them but at the same time I play GW Tokens and the featured decklists didn't use the thing.

But I guess I can include the whole Rishkar + Ballista "engine"

It's week one of the format, and almost always it ends up being an aggro deck winning week one, because it's a really simple strategy to execute on in an unknown metagame. Especially a metagame that just saw bannings occur between the last major event and this one.

There were at least three different versions of Saheeli Copycat shown on camera (Jeskai Midrange, Jeskai Control, 4c Copycat) and everyone's trying to beat aggro decks and Heart of Kiran, we'll see how things shake out in 2-3 weeks in time for the PT.

I don't even like rishkar, full "swing for 2/2 ballista, no blocks, kk that's an 11/11 ballista" works for me

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ballista-control/

>horribly awry/push decks just shreking aggro asshole
Goddamn, the world might well look right again boys

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-zombie-tribal/
do you think metallic mimic has a place here?

Tournament streaming in Hareruya

twitch dot tv/hareruya

I don't know what I'd cut, does it trigger diegraf? can i RD into it?

How does Abzan Counters run? That would have all colors covered at least once in my decks.

They'll be torn alive if push was rare. They already have problems with Standard pricing already.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/abzan-militia-1/
This is abzan for people that don't like to think too hard. That said, indignation for 6 sometimes kills people on the spot and that's a good feeling

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-17-uyv-abzan-counters/
This is abzan for people who like to think harder.

sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/deckshow.php?&t[C1]=1&start_date=01/20/2017&end_date=01/22/2017&start=1&finish=64&event_ID=19&city=Columbus&state=OH&limit=100

>25 Saheeli decks in top 64

Geezus man, people really love having not!Twin in Standard.

hes back.

Also what does fa/tg/uys think of the current state of standard? GB snek 2gd?

Most popular Aether Revolt cards from the top

>Walking Ballista
>Rishkar
>Saheli
>Cat
>Heart of Kiran
>Rogue Refiner

Also SaheliCat covered 40% of the top 64
If we get again 40% of dominance or more in the PT, you can safely guess that Wizards is going to gut the combo in the next Banlist revision in 6 weeks.

Also of course, said cards are rising a fucking lot along Verdurous Gearhulk right now, if you're not going into a premier event, keep away from buying into of that for some weeks.

What's your dream gameday-promos?
Fatal Push+Walking Ballista for me

We already know the gameday promos

You can MAYBE expect Fatal Push as a fnm promo, MAYBE

Are Nissa voice of zendikar worth buying in before more price surge?

I don't belive that trophy Mage, as it is the excact same art as the regular card

It's real, but yeah lazy as fuck

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/aether-revolt-packaging-promos-and-planeswalker-decks-2016-12-05

Nissa back then spiked to $20 after G/W tokens won the Oath PT.
Right now it's on the $14 range according to mtggoldfish.
The main difference is that the new BG aggro uses 2 (or 0) copies instead of 4, and GW tokens didn't won the event.

I think that it will stabilize around $10 this week and it will spike again if the decks shows results in the pro tour.

R8 my trash brew boys, I just wanna smack people with artifacts

You never need to pay more than 13 for Nissa, you can get the foil duel deck version for 13 on Amazon.
Nissa vs on nixilis to be exact.

Still very good in standard though it hits a lot of the big threats
Absolutly brutal in modern though yeah

Standard has been shit for a while but it is getting good again.

I did not see the saheli combo on release day but i did see some other combos with the cat.

Lifecrafter's Bestiary is brutal in some matchups.

Explain this user.

tfw still missing one green gearhulk

Is that the 15 views of arsecrack guy.

I'm still mad about zach jesse

I'm trying to build something off the tez planeswaljer deck
First and most obvious change is to ditch the ironclad revolutionary the deck already has a problem with to many furnaces and not enough fuel the ironclad is not even a furnace
Then its a matter of working out how much removal and what to take out for it folloaed by adjusting the spefic artifacts themselves (easily 4x blue implement holy shit that was fantastic)

Could you elaborate? Deck list? Did you mean aetherflux reservoir or is there an aetherworks marvel deck with felidar and panharmonicon?

If i was running 4 treasure keeper i would probably keep the ironclad though
Foundry assembler can go, every other improvise creature in the deck has something that makes it useful even if you cast it several turns after you would normaly cast a creature with those abilitys the assembler is just a 3/3 for 5 (the baricade breaker suffers this as well but its big enough to be worth the risk)

Any other artifact deck (except affinity of course) i would run quicksmith spy but i feel it is better to ditch her in favor of more low cost artifacts.

As much as i love Tezzerets's Simulacrum again double down on low cost shit.

Gotta be a better way to get in the air then dukhara peafowl

I am sure there must be better 2 drops for this deck then pendulm of patterns in standard.

>It's real
At least Scrap Trawler+ Pia's Revolution is nice

I wonder would it be worth using the blue puzzleknot even though the deck does not use energy just for the scry or should i just stick to the black puzzleknot.

What the fuck is happening to the price of this thing? When I opened it in draft last friday it was still at like 3 bucks. Thank fuck I held onto it.