CYOAg

last thread pastebin pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

can't start with the new CYOA because the old thread isn't gone yet edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohdElJfseFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was gone though, you failure, bumped it off the board.

Can I be a Witch (male)

you didn't put cyoa in the title

No, but you can be a bitch (male).

>Look, mostly I'm just teasing you, but if you couldn't find a mentally sound attractive woman, you weren't looking very hard.

I read through all of them and either the art wasn't that good or they were a crazy pyromaniac

Wasn't me. Also irrelevant to the issue.

SDA-chan, SDA-chan~~~

Instead of the swastika, you should swap out their patches for backwards swastikas. That way you can use smug animu grills to tell them that they aren't Nazis, while also triggering all the Jews!

youtube.com/watch?v=ohdElJfseFo

They didn't properly title it which makes it annoying to find the thread, so just use this one.

>the only art I liked was a mostly naked woman with large breasts
Now I'm starting to think the problem here is at your end. Not all waifus are scantily clad bimbos.

now time for the new, hard-to-read, super long cyoa

The other one is deleted, it doesn't matter.

Update when?

You found it just fine.

How fucking dense are you? That's completely irrelevant to the issue. Nobody is talking about not using this thread. In fact, that thread was deleted even before you retardposted on this topic.

>Now I'm starting to think the problem here is at your end. Not all waifus are scantily clad bimbos.

Ha HA, Little did you know that I can't usually stand bikini armor and prefer girls with proper armor

Seriously, save these as .jpgs, it'd save a lot of space considering how many colours there are and you could probably cut the number of pages in half by stacking them on top of each other.

Update... Probably never? I'm totally rebuilding it, so the next thing that comes out might be renamed and it'll be totally reformatted. There will be a lot of reusing art assets, but most other things will be changed.

why do you guys think i'm the one who made it, i just quickly saved these to repost them

I'm not sure why you're so mad user, please try to calm down.

I'm replying to you, Mr. Steward, in hopes the author sees my post.

Your confusion and lack of understanding is gratifying.

NOTICE ME SENPAI

This was my first CYOA, so that's why fulcrum was in all png. I just didn't know jpgs are better for posting. Next version will probably be png for the original format, but jpg and pdf for the post format.

>proper armor

>no helmet
>long hair easy to grab

Elf slave waht do?

Do you use photoshop?

You can select the quality of compression when saving as a .jpg, which allows you to have more control on the size of the file.

With .jpgs, there -will- be artifacts, but it saves space. Generally you want to use .jpgs for really big resolutions and/or really colourful images due to how it compresses.

Use .pngs whenever you can, but usually only smaller CYOAs or ones with less colour would fit the Veeky Forums image size limit.

Oh boy I can't wait for five hundred more perfect daughteru builds.

Everyone knows knife ears can't wear helmets.

Step aside!

I've been using krita to make the templates and plaques, gimp to add text, and occasionally mspaint to resize things because it's generally a lot faster if I'm just doing one function.

>With .jpgs, there -will- be artifacts, but it saves space. Generally you want to use .jpgs for really big resolutions and/or really colourful images due to how it compresses.
>Use .pngs whenever you can, but usually only smaller CYOAs or ones with less colour would fit the Veeky Forums image size limit.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

You know what I meant user,

I don't know an I wish the author created a second page instead of scrapping those other ideas

You don't want a perfect daughteru? What kind of father are you?

I think you might have the same control over .jpg compression on GIMP, although I wouldn't know. I don't use it.

Also, sometimes Veeky Forums bloats up .jpg sizes when saving them, so if you save these .jpgs, don't be surprised to find that you can't repost them later because of this.

No idea why it does this though. Not my problem when I post my own CYOAs--the other guys can figure it out themselves.

I think it's pretty complete other than suiting particular tastes like futa elves an male elves and orc elves there isn't much missing from it that wouldn't end up being repetitive.

I just wish it didn't look so much like the gentle femdom CYOA from a distance.

That's a strange idea. The swastika was originally designed as an inverse of an existing symbol, so you'd be taking it back to the wholesome roots.

you do

What other ideas?
Hardmode: Don't mention traps.

I think that's the point.

I'll mock up some designs later and we can collectively vote what we like.

He could have done other things like what work does our character do activities you do with your elf like going to the park picnic etc

>Doesn't want a perfect daughteru

>boob plate
>skirt

Just admit that you like pretty things because they're pretty. It's a good reason to like things and she is very pretty.

I'm with , it's complete. There's a "free time" option, you can use that for picnics.
>what work YOU do
This cyoa is about the elf slave (what do)

Witch can be all two sexes. They did burn male witches as well.

>Amanda Innington
She's sane and theoretically useful, but it says she'll run out on you when things are tough. A suicidal choice for you.
>Lyra Bowsung
Fair.
>Lady Galwen
Fair.
>Sadia Thornweaver
Fair.
>Aria Heldensvard
Tedious but sane, true.
>Pharah Nashag
She's a prostitute. What kind of loser waifus a prostitute?
>Lulu LeLanden
Useless. No more insane than a normal artist though.
>Kitiara Palandine
Fair.
>Zara
Sounds like a ho but I'll admit she's sane.
>Solaire Sister #1
>Solaire Sister #2
Fair
>Pellini "Sisters" #2
Sane, fair enough.
>Sigrun
She refuses to fight. That makes her pretty useless.
>Lilith Sulehammon
Complete sexist. Not sure why you think someone will pick her or think she's sane.
>Andreoma
She's actually useless, that's the point.
>Anne Smith
I can't find her.

Pretty good list, but I'd cut Anne, Andreoma, Lilith, Sigrun, Lulu, Pharah, and Amanda from it for the reasons above.

It should be a skull on top of a flaming sword.

>SDA suggesting people make their CYOAs uglier when they don't have to.

> Hans Dahlman
> gain lvl 1 training in tactics, weapons, and mariner

> mariner
What? But there isn't a mariner skill.

I thought those were Warlocks or Wizards or something?

Alright, as something of a postmortem on Fulcrum, I want to go over the criticism I got and address my plans to fix it in the next version, and get feedback on my solutions.

>It's ugly
I'll unify the color pallet on the plaques and "menu" boxes. I'm thinking black with silver trim. I'm also going to add borders to each image, and some space between the boxes. I'll also do some of the non-companion items with spherical or ovoid portrait frames so it's not just boxes and boxes and boxes.

>It's too big
Two meanings to this criticism. One, its ten posts long, which I can fix a bit by using jpg and pdf instead of png. Two, it has just too much content, which is also kind of true. I'm thinking v2 will have simplified skill and magic trees, and it'll have 100 companion options, divided into 30 warriors, 20 "utility" (basically misc), 10 stealth, 10 mage, 10 support, and 10 "power" options.

>Companions are too weak/too strong
Yeah, I didn't really have my eye on the ball while building companions. My current issue is that if you're powergaming you leaving 80% of the characters in the dust to the point where there's no point in bringing them, and then there's 10% of them that are so far beyond you that they make you look weak, leaving only 10% of the characters really viable for people who want to approach this from a mechanical standpoint.

>It's unfocused and meandering
This is probably my greatest problem. I never really had any strong theme in mind. I think the next version is going to *slightly* downplay the character's power, mostly by simplifying the skill and magic trees (magic trees will be removed alltogether, likely rolled into three skill options as Arcana, Holy, and Nature magic. It'll focus more on the command element with two additions. One, I'll add significant information to all companions. Two, I'll add three command trees that buff your abilities as a commander.

Fulcrum was always a half-formed squad CYOA, and I need to focus on that.

Thoughts?

>I'm thinking black with silver trim

Glad you took my suggestion. Mostly.

>Fulcrum was always a half-formed squad CYOA, and I need to focus on that.
>
>Thoughts?
Don't do that.

For what it's worth (as the guy complaining about the Fulcrum business last thread) I really like the unfocused and meandering nature of it. You could basically build and do whatever you wanted. If anything I'd ask for more options in the non-companion sections but I don't really have any suggestions.

Here's a recommendation as someone who just got started a month ago.

Put fulcrum on the backburner and make three or four smaller cyoas. Doesn't really matter what they are as long as you have fun making them.

Fulcrum is a big fucking CYOA and even if you cut it down the middle it's bigger than most CYOAs. You should start small and work your way back up to your ambition of Fulcrum.

>simplified skill and magic trees
No, that makes the character building boring.

>Only 10 mages
Fuck that

Please make sure you do something about the light text on light background.

>She's a prostitute.
She's a concubine, and she's YOUR concubine. There's a difference there. I'm thinking concubine in the ottoman sense, in that she's been trained from a young age to be great at sex, but only trained by other women, and you're the only person she ever has or ever will fuck.

>Useless. No more insane than a normal artist though.
>Master earth mage is useless
dude wat

>Sigrun
>She refuses to fight.
But she can see with near perfect accuracy who is or is not about to die. You think that's useless?

>Andreoma
>She's actually useless
Yes, true. I was thinking of her original concept, not what ended up getting posted.

>Anne Smith
>I can't find her.
She's basically a bro and childhood friend. Reasonably competent, level headed.

There was a big disclaimer when I posted the CYOA in the last thread: not only is fulcrum my first ever cyoa, it's the first time I've posted it. Mistakes are EVERYWHERE.

>likely rolled into three skill options as Arcana, Holy, and Nature magic
So magic missile, muh god, and tree fucking. Sucks.

>Teachers
The Caller (Wild Lore, Alchemy, Water)
Nyxeris (Shadowcraft, Charisma, Abyss)

>Skills (20) Shadowcraft, Charisma, Alchemy, Wild Lore Level 1 for free
Shadowcraft, Levels 1-3. (15)
Arcana, Levels 1-3 (9)
Charisma, Level 1 and 2 (7)
Alchemy, Level 1 and 2 (5)
Wild Lore, Level 1 and 2 (3)
Investigation, Level 1 (2)
Combat, Level 1 (1)
Tradecraft, Level 1 (0)

>Magic (20) Water and Abyss Level 1 for free
Water, Levels 1-5 w/Arcana Bonus (6)
Abyss, Levels 1-3 (1)
Fire, Level 1 (0)

>Items (10,000) w/10% Tradecraft discounts
Armor- Rangermail (9,550)
Weapons- Hand weapons (9,482)
Ranged Weapons- Artificer Bow (8,132)
Miscellaneous- Traveling Supplies (8,087) Specialized Tools (7,727)
Rights and Properties- Academic Pass (7,637) Safehouse (7,187)
Hirelings- None
Mounts- 2x Horse (7,107)
Vessel- Gypsy Wagon (6,927)

Well....shit. Might have been too frugal. Drop Rangermail (7,377) and take Living Metal Symbiote (627). Upgrade
Hand Weapons (695) to Earthforged (425). Grab Potions (290) and Books (20).

>Companions (5)
Cinaed, Half-Breed Madwoman
Grimauldus, Illusionist Drug Dealer
Sahn Long, Monk Dropout
Uharen the Just, Unwilling Hero
Lara Dresten, Escaped Concubine

A traveling group of unscrupulous heroes masquerading as a quirky sideshow. No one is what they appear.

Our little caravan has enough room for a trunk of books, potions, and supplies.

I also plan to hook up Lara Dresten and Sahn Long and foster a healthy relationship between them.

We will travel from place to place, questing, solving problems, and likely creating a few of our own by indulging in our various vices.

>She's a concubine, and she's YOUR concubine. There's a difference there. I'm thinking concubine in the ottoman sense, in that she's been trained from a young age to be great at sex, but only trained by other women, and you're the only person she ever has or ever will fuck.
A concubine is a prostitute. She's been living as a prostitute (fucking women is still sex) and her entry says she's for your party's use. So, prostitute.

>Master earth mage is useless
She comes across like she only nominally has earth magic, with how she's mostly an artiste in the rest of it.

>She can have perfect accuracy on who is or is not about to die
So? If that's unchangable it's meaningless, and simply knowing about it might make it happen. Prophecy is full of catch 22's and is rarely a good thing in myth.

>She's a concubine, and she's YOUR concubine. There's a difference there.
Veeky Forums is incapable of recognizing that difference.

Hey, as long as I can kill the universe little by little, it's cool. But cutting down on the magic trees isn't the greatest of ideas. Don't see why you chose to keep nature magic.

There isn't one.

> I'm thinking v2 will have simplified skill and magic trees
> Fulcrum was always a half-formed squad CYOA, and I need to focus on that.

The skill and magic system is already very simplified, reducing it even more will just make the fact that you're a standard human in a demigod setting even worse.

Acknowledged.

Thank you, that's very helpful and insightful critique.

What do you mean more options in? Skills, magic, items?

Yeah, I've been getting that a lot, but I don't really enjoy doing small projects, and I generally seem to learn more when working on a big project. I get what you mean tho, as posting fulcrum has been and ENORMOUS learning experience, and if I can even get a tenth of the useful feedback from posting smaller CYOAs it might be worth it. I hear you, and I'll consider it.

The character was never really my focus, desu. Group dynamics was always what fulcrum was designed around (see 2/3rds of the CYOA being just companions). Also my simplifying, I more just mean making it more efficient. I have WAY too much extraneous text around the skills and teachers. Especially the teachers. You could remove the teachers entirely and it would be almost exactly the same CYOA. Not sure what's getting cut, but I KNOW I have to simplify things.

Yup! That's why I'm planning to do black as the primary color, with silver as trim and text.

Deal with it. I NEED to simplify things. Fulcrum is insanely bloated as it currently sits. And to clarify, I'll also be cutting out certain skills and expanding others. Things will be changed, but not much will actually be lost.

>Cinaed, Half-Breed Madwoman
>Grimauldus, Illusionist Drug Dealer
>Sahn Long, Monk Dropout
>Uharen the Just, Unwilling Hero
>Lara Dresten, Escaped Concubine
Oh shit son, what are you doing? Your life is going to be fucking amazing, but short.

>A concubine is a prostitute.
No, it isn't. Not in the ottoman sense like I've been using. Shes more of an unofficial wife than anything else. As for group use, that's for you to decide.

>If that's unchangable it's meaningless, and simply knowing about it might make it happen.
This is actually a really good point. I need to rethink Sigrun.

>As for group use, that's for you to decide.
It's in her entry, so the assumption would be it's how she does.

The first thing you need to learn on cyoag is to not respond to the village cuck

A concubine typically belongs to and only ever has sex with one person, and she's a "vassal" (slave), not a paid citizen. They're more of a loyal mistress or a slave wife than anything.

>The skill and magic system is already very simplified, reducing it even more will just make the fact that you're a standard human in a demigod setting even worse.
I'm also cutting back on general power level. All but one of the dragons is gone, the planar beings are gone, and the other power players are slightly nerfed and relegated to the "power" role, meaning that you can only take so many of them and they all have significant drawbacks or restrictions.

>power to the player

>Oh shit son, what are you doing?
Having fun.

Besides, I've got the symbiote, healing, built in regen, and alchemy. Plus charisma. I can keep these guys alive and moving forward.

Oh shit, I can make booze with Alchemy too. Traveling gypsy sideshow brewery!

Waifish orphan
Imp familiar (Prodigy)
The Lake (Reflection)
Sage, Spy (Jobs)
Secrets Below

>Deal with it.
Don't you think just having the most plain spells and growing trees available is boring as hell? You shouldn't be striving to make your CYOA boring.
>I NEED to simplify things. Fulcrum is insanely bloated as it currently sits.
It's not the skills that are bloating it.

Hey, what's the best iteration of the Island Cyoa?

Debating running a rules-light campaign on it.

Why are you always projecting your fetish on other anons?

Now the challenge I face is how to simplify (or at least compress to a more reasonable size) the skill trees and magic without cutting significant content.

Your build is actually one of the more fun ones I've seen.

Yeah, but it kind of is the skills bloating it. Or rather, they're bloated but empty. Almost every single skill tree has a ton of text that could be summed up to "You got better at this thing". What I need to do is to cut back on the overall amount of text, but make it more visually appealing, with more tangible benefits from taking the skills. I need more efficiency.

What makes you think CYOAs are supposed to be efficient and streamlined? It's generally the content monsters that get builds, not the minimalist ones.

Though you keep refusing to address how you picked the worst schools to keep.

I think he's saying that he could describe something in 10 words rather than 100.

I'm all in favor of everything you've said.
Most of the time, less is more.

>What makes you think CYOAs are supposed to be efficient and streamlined?

This is self evident when you see something made by a redditor or some of the things from /d/, it's bloated as fuck and has three of everything, meaning you take three times as long to read through what only required a single entry in a good cyoa

>It's generally the content monsters that get builds, not the minimalist ones.

Debatable, there are plenty of minimalist CYOAs that get responses, content monsters get builds when they're well made and well designed enough that someone can make several unique builds. There are plenty of large CYOAs that are thrown to the abyss because they simply have no focus and aren't attractive enough to bother making a build for after the first time.

>Though you keep refusing to address how you picked the worst schools to keep.
They're basically all kept, they're just blended into the same trees.

Divine is Heavens and Abyss: the ability to manipulate truth and planar energy.

Nature is water and earth: the ability to alter physical matter and living beings.

Arcane is Fire and (sort of) Wind: the ability to alter energy, create kinetic force, etc.

And again, this isn't really finalized. This is a day 2 post-mortem. A lot will change by the time Fulcrum V2.0 drops.

One day you'll get there, user.

Warlocks are oathbreakers and wizards are professional scholars.

>It's generally the content monsters that get builds, not the minimalist ones.
Dude, even if you cut Fulcrum in half, it's still a content monster. As it sits it's bigger that Star Refuge.

I'd like to powergame a bit, but I need motivation. The quest bit is very needed. Otherwise how do I know if I actually need to put up with powerful insane jackasses?