Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Best army matchups Edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (insert shitty joke)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

first for necrons

Psykers are the best

Deal with it

3rd for the Empire.

age of emperor when ?

That was a quick thread, sorry for reposting but in regards to the new FAQ, how do people feel about the ruling on Alpha Legion, anyone else play them?

I've found so many more rules questions I'd like them to clear up as well, but for the moment would really like it if they gave us back a second detachment bonus.

Why do Word Bearer Veterans look like Flesh Tearers?

It's really annoying that these Faqs intentionally made rulings that pointed out how stupidly the rules and benefits on some units overlap. Like, why would they rule it to make things useless?

They were that color 10K years before flesh tearers even existed, you moron

>2017
>not playing GSC

>Playing GSC when they can't cult ambush and assault

Fine, let me rephrase that.

Why do Flesh Tearers look like Word Bearer veterans.

Also, Flesh Tearers are 2nd founding, mate.

Had space marines and death korps lying around and wanted to try a CSM list, then happy days a traitor legion book comes out, now i have an alpha legion army painted up and am a little salty

>chaos will win gathering storm

Why reply this garbage to me?

Servo skulls only prevent first turn assaults and there is still people reluctant to use allies.

Because fuck you! that's why.

>people say not to buy GW brushes, suggest W&C instead
>look up a set
>it costs even more than the GW set

Are you OP?

I so, that's why

No, the FAQ says that using Cult Ambush prevents you from charging.

GW brushes are mediocre tools at premium price, W&C are actual Permium brushes.

OP is gay confirmed.

When using infiltrate.

You're not allowed to charge on the first turn basically.

You get what you pay for from them. You don't really from GW.

Because if you're going to spend money do it in something worth your moneys

I want to take whoever drew this out back and beat him with a stick.

How the fuck do you get a good half of the unit designs this fucking wrong?

Why the shit do these Balistarii have fucking arms?
Where are the gimps?
Why does that rust stalker have an assault rifle?

You can if you roll 6 as it was intended.

That's not what the rules say, cheater.

>what is artistic interpretation
>what is in world differences in design and equipment

Come on, user.

GW decided to go with fast and cheap for most of their new art

I was one of the best Shas'la in the Viorla Sept in my time. No one before me had mastered the power of our Crisis Barrlesuits as quickly as I had. Except Puretide himself of course. In those days we were sweeping across the Damocles Gulf. Devestating all who wouldn't join us. Young fire warriors would prove themselves in real combat with unknown opponents above a thousand worlds. Each brought back the story of his achievements.

I remember my first combat well, orbiting high above a barbaric world, its defenses just stirring. As was tradition, I would go ahead of the first wave to find enemies in the thickest fighting. I remember sitting there in my armor, linked directly with the battlesuit thrumming around me. My heart racing with fear at the coming battle.

The doors opened in front me and the air was sucked out of the drop bay, scattering crystals of frozen vapor across my path. I can't describe what it feels like to look directly down at a world, falling continuously as you circle it, with barely fifteen centimeters of iridium plate protecting you. When the magnetic locks disengaged on my XV-8, I plunged out of the drop bay towards the battle that waited below.

The exhilaration, the euphoria, I felt as I streaked into the atmosphere, dodging self-guided projectile and crude beam weapons, was unmatched. An 80 kilometer plunge through the atmosphere, dodging and weaving, the outside of my armor glowing like the sun with the heat of re-entry. And with barely thirty meters to spare, I twisted and skimmed the surface, firing at the giant beam generators that were in my path. The explosion from that sent shockwaves that levelled the entire complex around it. It was the moment of my life.

It's the fucking AdMech anyway, as if they're all going to follow the same uniform design without strapping random shit to it.

Jokes on you I don't play cults, I only vaguely read the codex once, sorry.

>artistic interpretation
>turning a Ballistarii into a fucking Tau battlesuit
>giving melee only units fucking assault rifles

No, fuck you. There's artistic interpretation and then there's being FUCKING WRONG

>the euphoria

Eldar anyone? I am a new player and interested in an Eldar army. We bought with a friend of mine the Death Masque box for the cool Harlequin minis. Any ideas what I am going to need next?

>this post is sponsored by Ordo Artisticus of the Inquisition

Tau and Eldar players are not welcome here.

How many times did the Eldar fail?

Aspect warriors, vypers and war walkers

You've got a decent amount of Harlequins, you have to decide where to go from there.

A lot of people playing Harlequins take Dark Eldar for useful open-topped transports.

If you instead want to focus on Craftworld Eldar, really you can just look through the codex and point out what seems cool to you. Most things are good.

Balistarii do have arms, user.

And if you think any soldier would not use any weapon they can in battle, you're wrong. Say he broke or lost his swords, he has to have something. So he picks up a shitty weapon until he can get something better.

It's an art piece, not fucking tabletop, it doesn't have to adhere to the rules of what they can take as wargear.

>A lot of people playing Harlequins take Dark Eldar for useful open-topped transports.
>useful
>open-topped transports
?

They take dark eldar for fire support, because they're really cool.
Craftworld eldar need no allies.

Shit complaint. The art is slave to the models enough as it is.

>It's an art piece, not fucking tabletop, it doesn't have to adhere to the rules of what they can take as wargear.

It has since the chapterhouse fiasco.

Harlequins are actually their own army, they haven't been part of the Eldar codex for a while, but you can bring them in as allies for an Eldar force.

If you wanna play Eldar, a good starting point would be grabbing one or two of the box sets sold for them (Start Collecting or Armoured Assault) since they're decent value for money. Otherwise, since you already have Eldrad Ulthran, you could buy two Troops choices (Windriders, Guardians, or Dire Avengers) and have an army ready to go.

t. Grav-Gladius player

>They take Dark Eldar for fire support

No they don't. If that was what Harlequins wanted they'd take CWE.

>CWE need no allies

No shit.

Farsight Enclaves list (crisis suits are troops, except for the bodyguard). Feedback appreciated.

So just any addition would be fine? I was thinking fire dragons look pretty neat.

Those are on there as well. Note that there is an entirely different, extra set of arms. And look how fucking big they are on that back one. They couldn't even get that shit to look the same on two versions of the same thing in the same picture.

That is straight up fucking bad art. It would be one thing if it was good art and wrong for the subject, but it's shit art AND wrong.

Are you actually complaining that they aren't doing that anymore?

So what is the happy medium then? There has to be one out there!

user, stop complaining that they aren't exactly like the models.

There's varience in design across the Imperium.

Read some admech books, there's all sorts of shit

No fucking shit craftworld eldar do everything better, if you want to play a min-maxed army you don't include harlies or DE, you just include craftworld.

Tell me why you think they take dark eldar for transports when they A, have their own which are arguably better and B, cannot even board them during deployment?

God, I fucking hate Tau. Smug pricks.

Harlie are close range and specialize in anti-elites/monster

You want something decently long range that can pop transports and take down hordes.

Better to play tau than to play the trump loving faggot imperium on mankind

Needs more Riptides.

Well, for starters, you'd need to get your units into a Detachment. For that, you need two troop choices to start with, which are either Guardians, Dire Avengers, or Windriders. You have Eldrad for your HQ, which you could run as a regular Farseer instead if you wanted to.

If you wanted deals on those troop choices, either Armored Assault or Start Collecting would be good things to pick up. Armored Assault comes with a unit of Dire Avengers and a transport, while Start Collecting includes a unit of Windriders, a tank, and another Farseer, this one on a bike.

A lot of problems stem from the fact that Harlequins aren't Codex: Craftworlds, so they don't really help you build a list. The formation from Death Masque is a pretty decent one to tack on to a larger force, though.

We should just all play tyranids

I get it, but it's still crap.

I'm also still mad about FoC, I admit.

>All units in art must be actual models -GW
>tease new stuff for Admech
>release art teaser showing just enough to tell a walker with arms and no gimp
>teaser also has cyborg infantry clearly not Vanguard or Ranger with a rifle
> lol jk its just a really shitty drawn version of an Ironstrider and a Ruststalker with a weapon you aren't allowed to take, instead you get a HQ any Imperial army can take and two absolute dumpster tier formations

that invites flyrant faggotry desu, and I love flyrants

We should play Orks

>GW art is just minis with photoshop filters over them
>"Fucking bullshit, GW, do something original."
>GW art diverts from the models
>"Fucking bullshit, GW, that's not like the models."

If I had my way, all art would be just Blanche, England and their kind. If I want to see models lined up in cool action scenes, I'll look at dioramas, not the art.

>Fall of cadia
>Cadian content: =0%

nah orks aren't tough enough
we should all play Necrons

You should kill yourself if you seriously think this looks like a tau suit.

>the trump loving faggot imperium
>implying an English game cares about the colonies leader
>implying the Emperor would be Trump
Bad memes fag

The salt is real.

Rules, sure. The entire first half of the book is Cadians.

If it diverted because it was cool it would be one thing, but that piece clearly diverts because of incompetence and the artist not knowing jack shit

Look at those fucking arms on the back one compared to the front one. Or the size of that motherfucker in general compared to the troops at its feet

How many riptides should I be playing with before everyone starts to call me a huge faggot and saying all sorts of mean things to me?

But necrons aren't fun to play against.

We should all play pure kroot.

I see. I will invest in a Dire Avengers and a Guardians unit to see how this plays out and I will have the Harlequins for later as an elite option

>=0

You roll twice, instead of once. That's all.

Mine for sure is, my poor hydras

I think anything past 1 deserves a punch in the face

And in how many pieces of old art you got titans stepping over mountains and shit like that?

>that guy who brings his lifesize Daemonette fuckdoll to the game

Necrons v Necrons is one of the most boring, drawn-out matchups I've ever played.

3/10 would not recommend

Adrian Smith or bust.

Why? FAQ says they don't stack

One at game up to 1850, the two at 2200, three at 2500 as much as you want after 3000 pts.

One riptide is really all you'll ever need, but if you go into larger games of 2k points and up, a second one shouldn't get you too many dirty looks (unless your opponent really hates Tau). Three riptides is almost universally despised, especially when taken in the riptide wing formation.

Yeah, so you don't roll once. They're two different rules.

You roll first for one, then again to see if you get the second.

Are those Gargants and Stompas in the back ground?

They don't stack in that you can't summon two cultists off of one. That doesn't mean you can't attempt a roll for each special rule.

They are two separate rolls.

did it really happened ?

how stupid is it to give pathfinders ion rifles

i like them and i want my units to be proper killy

So you have a re-roll at getting one unit, or have a chance to get 2?

I hope it doesn't.

NTH FOR COMMORRAGH

I am sure somewhere in the world it has

Nth for Commorragh is about to get BTFO by Daemons

They're just support units and complementary markerlights.

To answer in GW fashion:

Yes but only in the case of the specific.

Chance to get two. Roll twice, if you pass one, you get 1, pass 2 you get 2.