Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Wander edition. Where do you like to roam?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VaEdKwXJhM
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66894/way-of-the-wicked
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/faceless-enforcer
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/hexes---3rd-party-publishers/hexes/common-hexes/hex-slumber-su
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for SoM looks nice

I like to roam in places just dangerous enough to be exciting but just safe enough that I'm not guaranteed to die.

xth for post selection depression

So you play video games on the difficulty just above normal setting?

You gonna play Nier Automata comrade?

Everywhere I can.

Man, haven't been back on Veeky Forums for years.
Used to on every day, but my groups dried up and every campaign just kept fizzling out. It felt too depressing to come around here.
Finally back in the saddle now though, and DMing a Reign of Winter campaign.
That being said, the players have now briefly met Greta.

Not the same user but I usually do.
Except for shmups, where highest is bestest.

You didn't answer my spoilered question, comrade user.

Cue the music.
youtube.com/watch?v=1VaEdKwXJhM

Aside from Fluffy 2, are there any decent pfg games recruiting?

There will be other games, user!

>Fluffy 2
>Decent

Sorry, but the other games are lewd-heavy smut fests. Wrath of the Raunchy looks promising!

Yeah, I just googled her earlier today because I'm probably making this way harder on myself, but I was trying to translate her character into an actual character sheet and it wasn't making sense to me. Then Veeky Forums archive threads started popping up all over the place.
There's always the chance my party will skin her in the hopes of crafting another magical pelt however, so I might be putting too much thought into what to do with her.

Depends on how many vampires are allowed into Sleepy.

And I never will!
Mwahahaha!

Diabolical!

Somebody put forward a game idea last thread, but only got one response, so they probably dropped it due to lack of interest.

I just get tired of telling people to post a roll20. Gets kinda old.

I've always wanted to do stuff on the Etheral plane, it doesn't get enough love. I was really hoping that with Kineticist and Occult Adventures it would get some, but nope. Nada.

Hey Jolly!
What the hell are they wearing on their heads in the Neurokineticist pictures? And why all the face tattoos?

>Wearing

It doesn't look like they're wearing anythying, user. Looks to me like those are embedded in their skulls. Maybe their brains with part of the skull removed. Check the left-looking guy.

Probably not another Jade Regeant with decent char gen.

At least not for a while.

This just raises even more questions.

Nah, just not planning on launching until closer to when I can run it. I'll let apps stay open for two weeks.

What about DHB's game?

....I might be writing one.

My co-writer is in writer block mode sadly.

I am not a suitable player for that game, sorry. It's a lovely sounding game.

Not really interested in the concept.

Yay!
Mindfucking is the best fucking

I swear if I don't get into Fluffy because XS gets a slot I'm going to be incredibly jealous of you all and hope the game goes really well.

Does Unscathed (trait) work with resistances you acquire (temporarily)? For example a Resist Energy spell?

So I am not the only CE /pfg/ goer.

Tell me. What's the worst torment you have done to someone in your games?

>mfw the trap slot is still uncontested

What kind of game would /pfg/ even want to play in? Seems like every game is gestalt+3pp+paizo+homebrew+lewd

Traps are overrepresented!

How about something not lewd?

Same here. What kind of game did you want to run, user?

>one trap
>overrepresented
w-what?

Something with adventure and lewd on the side that I could adapt my rejected concept to.

It's trap OR shota. Thiefboy, sheepboy, dogboy, super horse and Foxdie all have a chance at that slot!

I'm not applying, you're safe....from me.

I let them live with the consequences of their actions, which condemned an alien race to slavery, created a galaxy spanning empire, and turned humans into food for a race of brain eating monstrosities which used to be human. That's what happens when you are personally responsible for the creation of the entire race of illithids.

Pillory is definitely good at that.

I'm fine with 3pp (Mostly DSP, Legendary, and Forrest) + Paizo (ignoring crappy errata) + Lewd (as long as it doesn't take over the game) for the most part. Homebrew I'd wanna look at, and gestalt just seems a bit much.

Kon kon did not mention shota at all on the roll20 page

Traps are talked about all the time on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, but here when it's crunch time to make one, nobody does!

Aw, but I didn't want to be safe from you! I wanted to engage in political, socioeconomic, ethics-and-morality philosophical combat with you and be put up a solid struggle but eventually be laid low and be broken by your machinations!

So I'm thinking about starting a campaign that takes place in a colonial frontier style world. Races available are humans, elves, and half elves (elves being more like native American's in culture then the traditional fantasy setting). Exotic weapons and modern firearms will not be available, but use of ancient firearms is encouraged. Elves will be class restricted to witch, barbarian, and druid. Humans to wizard, alchemist, and gunslinger. Either race can take ranger, fighter, or rogue. How it would start is the party is a ragtag group of skilled individuals who have been hired by a trading company to collect fur pelts (elves are essentially natives hired as guides), and then I'd let the story grow from there. Any advice or criticism I can have for this? Maybe some media I can check out for inspiration for the story?

In a noblebright game? That would be working against the party's interests and would be mean.

Honestly, I do noblebright characters very well - in small doses and not long term. The chaos is too ingrained.

>race restrictions
>class restrictions
>class/race restrictions
>not even interesting classes

It sounds extremely limited. I mean, if you want to do it, go for it, but run the idea by your group first, and don't be surprised if you get a luke-warm response at best.

Can I carve out my own nation, declare independence from my original nation and set up a republic?

>race restrictions
alright fine
>class restrictions
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This one is 1pp only.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66894/way-of-the-wicked

Who wants to join?

Your race-class restrictions favor the elves heavily. A witch might not have the adaptability of a wizard but their supernartural powers and access to clerical spells make up for it, and gunslinger needs serious help to be effective (given that you are only allowing ancient firearms, you're screwing them even further). Adding fighter and rogue to the mixture at all - unless it's Unchained rogue, and you replace fighter with anything else - is adding insult to injury.

Unless there are tons of wizards, the elves will steamroll over the humans the instant humans start fucking up their shit.

>Honestly, I do noblebright characters very well - in small doses and not long term.
So how come Ryukuza quest went on so long?

>non-degenerate
Hang in there, friendo, your time will come.

I was going to, and then I realized my favorite builds are all 3pp, and I like playing martials that aren't significantly weaker than the rest of the party.

I'm also horrible at RPing evil.

The idea has a lot of merit, but I would HEAVILY suggest not doing the class restrictions you've got listed. A better alternative in my opinion would be to make each race have one class that only they can take.
EX: Humans get gunslingers or alchemists, Elves get witches or druids, and half elves have to pick based on their heritage and upbringing.

Ignoring mechanical concerns about it all (where ya getting gunpowder and parchment when you're in the middle of bum fuck with the winter snowing you in?) the restrictions should help build the world and give a bit of instant flavor about each race in the process.

>Hang in there, friendo, your time will come.

Yay!

It's not noblebright. The character is a little more complex, the quest is not. Nobleneutral, perhaps. And there are times when I can't write it because of my frame of mind. Ryukusa is love, and her girls are the best. they don't deserve anything but my best for them, even when they suffer a little.

Compare it to the other quests I have run and it really is an outlier. Same is true fro my characters in games. There are two or three really good people....and the rest are not noblebright at all. Mnemaxa the Chaotic Good Gifted Soulknife was a rare and amazing exception. And he won't fit in fluffy. No slaves to free, mostly.

>Elves get 9th level casters
>Humans get alchemists and shit

Why not play a vigilante (faceless enforcer)?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes---paizo-inc/faceless-enforcer

You've got 30 PB!

so what are the upcoming non lewd games?

Mana Wastes Steel Ball Run and Corkheel, what else?

Humans get wizards, the most powerful 9th level caster in the game, user.

The issue is that elves get witches, the third strongest 9th level caster, and druids, a 9th level caster with pets or ties to the community. Witches get clerical magic and supernatural abilities out the wazoo.

Witches+druids=unbeatable combo when they decide the end is come.

No, it pretty much said a trap PC for the slot, not shota.

I hope there's a Galtian campaign!

If anything, I'd just play a magus, since I never got much of a chance to. I was thinking about porting over my old character, but it's very similar to the AntiPaladin that already applied and hopefully someone tells him that playing an antipaladin is suffering and he's better off doing literally anything else.

How far in the future do you consider "upcoming"?

I'm talking thematically, not mechanically and theorycrafting balance.

Elves are still all woodsy and nature humping, humans are starting progress and their own industrial base by the sound of it. Thus they get things that represent that.
For example, if it would make more sense don't know, not the guy asking I'd have said only humans get clerics because of their cosmopolitan approach to religion, or humans get Mech Jockeys because fucking mechs.

Thematically it is great. The issue is that theme+mechanics=bad things for PCs who are humans if the elves decide to end them. If your plot saysthe elves fight back, the humans WILL LOSE unless you purp[osefully hold back the elven druids and witches. Both classes can utterly destroy crops, fields, livestock, foul water, and literally destroy the livelyhood of the humans - and the wizards will only be able to fix it if the witches and druids don't kill them. when your witch is blighting the field and a wizard comes to stop her, he's suddenly eating lightning bolts cast by the falcon perched in a nearby tree.

The mechs aren't all that powerful once transcribed to pathfinder optimization deals. They're a much cheaper and less broken (not in the overpowered way) option than much of the tech stuff, especially mech-armors, but most full casters will be dealing with a 'huge' one rather easily after rusty-dagger levels even on their own.

>implying your average wtich or druid even gets to the point where that shit starts to matter.
You're average skrimish is going to be human gunmmen making swiss cheese out of ooga booga elves.

Tiers aren't a direct translation of power anyway.

I understand that the issue at heart here is balance, but maybe that's even intentional in the story? Humans put on their asshats, try to push the uncivilized elves around, get their shit smacked in on the frontier. Maybe they even lose a continent to the elves, but then humans still have wizards, and human+wizard has always resulted in some sort of fucked up MAD policy. Demons, scry and die, flying castles and dropping things on peoples heads, it would get bad because ya know, wizards.

Also, note in my original suggestion I said OR, not AND.

Huh, I just grabbed that as a quick example, did someone ever do a full conversion for Dragonmech to Pathfinder?

>slumber hex
>wild shape
>evil eye/cackle
>nature bond
>literally any spell

>vs gunslingers without modern firearms

Druids and witches won't need to skirmish. They're just starve the humans to death. A druid and his animal companion can scare off game for miles. A single witch can use blight at first level to sicken and kill any one person or animal through con damage, to say nothing of crops and fields. Bullet shield and cloak of winds are both witch spells.

There is no skirmish agaisnt people who can wander in and out of your towns without you ever noticing them, and less of one when you have no food. It's not even a matter of tiers, it's literally what the classes are designed around.

Now, the original premise does not have them as antagonistic...but if that changes, druids+witches>wizards+alchemists.

Just pointing out the most glaring and dangerous flaw in the idea.

Considering making a weird fantasy campaign where all the races are OC (no humans, etc) Think Talialanta, Morrowind, all the weird 80s stuff. Considering making it for /pfg/; does that sound remotely interesting?

>Morrowind

But Tamriel has four, count 'em, FOUR whole races of humans! Five if you count Reachmen.

REMOVE REACHMEN remove reachmen
you are worst breton. you are the breton idiot you are the breton smell. return to markarth.

>it's very similar to the antipaladin that already applied

Who cares about making a similar character?

Make a cute magus girl! A cute elf magus girl!

When I mentioned Morrowind I was clearly referring to Dunmer culture and to Vvardenfell's environment of ash, mushroom trees, silt striders, etc.

Druids and witches are really nothing special at level 1, you know?

I mean, okay, yeah. Technically I have to accept that.

To another diehard fan of Morrowind, perhaps, but to anyone who knows the Elder Scrolls series either as a whole or through its more recent games, that's a pretty hasty assumption.

>Slumber Hex at lvl 1

How would Iomedae feel about one of her paladins getting intimate with a witch woman of relatively upstanding moral character?

Would the answer change if the witch reminded him of the most horrific part of his life, and could endanger his sanity?

Osirion and other exciting places in North Garund. Desert qts are top shelf!

Elder Scrolls does have like, five or something different types of elf.

Heck, when you get down to it, there's only four basic races. Men, Elves, Agonians, and Khajiit, and then each also has its subspecies.

I mean, the difference between types of Khajiit is FAR beyond that of the difference between an Imperial and a Nord.

I don't know enough to talk about the Akaviri, but weren't they also animalpeople of some kind?

Jesus Christ user that's not the point.

Do the denizens of /pfg/ want weird fantasy or not?

No wait, six types of elf.

High, Wood, Dark, Orc, Snow, Dwarf.

I get the feeling there's another obscure one I'm forgetting.

Chimer don't count.

Well there were tiger-men with a dragon king, snow demons, monkey-men of some kind, and a bunch of sneks, who actually did NOT look like pic.

A couple of 'em ruled Cyrodiil for a while and it's why the Empire likes katanas so much. Also the Blades started out from there.

You don't appear to be forgetting any- WAIT

Ayelids.

It'd be pretty cool.

One thing I will never understand is why the fuck she has pointy ears. That's neither a snake OR human feature.

It's like all those shark OCs on furaffinity with pointy ears. Where the hell you getting that from?

...And gunslingers are? At first level gunslingers get 3 deeds, one of which is 'spend grit to fire farther' one of which is only useful against ranged attacks, and one of which is making guns suck just a little bit less. They also get a few grit, and the ability to spend just about all of their money to make their only weapon work.

Witches get spells, a hex, and a familiar. Druids get their bond, spells, nature sense, and wild empathy.

Not only that, but why is level 1 the comparison point? I get not using level 12, but why not something like level 3 or 4?

Level 1 slumber hex is pretty meh compared to one-shotting someone.

>...And gunslingers are?
No, fighters are. Give those level 1 fighters some longbows and bow feats and watch them wreck shit.

>Not only that, but why is level 1 the comparison point?
Because the comparison is army vs. army.

>Way of the Wicked
My group is having fun, though there are five of us. And half the party is multiclassing casters for some ungodly reason. (Antipally, Cleric/Antipally, Memerist/Arcanist, Witch, and a Slayer.)

It's actually not terrible, but to escape you totally need to set the field on fire.

Putting someone to sleep is effectively one-shotting them. They're out of the fight. And a druid's animal companion can just as easily one-shot a gunslinger.

The humans also have access to fighters.

Oh yeah. So seven.

Seven different types of elf. One went extinct, one degenerated into basically goblins, one unmade themselves, and another is Orcs.

Well, she is a lamia, so perhaps the author decided that they were a type of elf...

But sleep is a one-shot user. You've removed them from combat

The elves* also have access to fighters.

Not him, but a 1 minute sleep at level one is pretty much a one shot if done right.

If not, then it forces another character to use a standard to wake up them.

And it can be done again and again at ranged on different targets, or twice to the same if accused hex is taken.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/hexes---3rd-party-publishers/hexes/common-hexes/hex-slumber-su

>Effect: A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch’s level.

Oh wow, witch! You just made someone fall asleep for 1 round, from 30 feet away?

How are those Rapid Shotting archers firing from hundreds of feet away feeling?

It's supposedly 'youkai shorthand' - a way to indicate that the character in question is not human, whether it's bothering to disguise itself as one or not.

This is also why elven ears tend to be /extremely/ long over there - because short pointed ears were already being used to denote 'this is a youkai' and using more D&D-like elven ears (short and pointing upward instead of LONG and pointing sideways) would've caused confusion.

Or at least that's the story I was told. Maybe /a/ would have a different answer.

And when the slightest noise wakes them right back up and they're therefore not dead and therefore able to track you down?

I'm not sure she'd care unless the witch was actively doing Evil.

Should fertility for a half-elf and Tiefling (Pitborn) follow human norms?