Ideas for events in a survival situation

Hey guys.

Im looking for some brainstorming.

Im making a quest for a party of four level 2-3 characters.

Plot:
>Baron has been kidnapped
>while the actually strong adventurers rescue him, the party needs to babysit the young Lady in a keep.
>The keep is in ruins, and all the barons soldiers are dead from the battle of the kidnapping
>objective: Survive until baron gets rescued

There are 5 footmen 5 archers 1 lieutenant and 1 captain of the guard left in the keep.

So, I need events that would happen inside these 12 long days.

Assassins? bandits? no food? please give me your best ideas. Memes are approved.

pic related: The lady in question.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/s/1c69919272/53369-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please respond

The Lady tries sneaking out at night because she wants to follow some fairies

That's not a nice thing to say about the party.

sounds good, what happens next?

kek

Absolute qt
Depending on how much the Baron and his family is hated by the opposition, you could easily have an assassin event. Given the sudden lack of living guards it'll be much easier for McEdgerton to slip in while the adventurers go to save the Baron.

Could also have some simple small tasks, such as the Lady requesting a basket of flowers like in the picture. Depending on how cautious the party is they'll probably try arranging a plan of who's guarding where and which NPC guard/soldier they are fine with having near the Lady. Don't need to have anything happen with the flower gathering bit, but it's just a little something that causes players to think because one of them is now going out of the keep.

I was thinking of making the players choose which broken walls and gates the npc guards should guard and then the neigboring baron sends in a kill squad at night or something.

>the Lady requesting a basket of flowers like in the picture

i love that.

Maybe the fairies want to kidnap her
Maybe the fairies are minding their own business and the kid is now lost in the woods where a bunch of wild creatures are skulking about
Maybe the kid does this every night and is friends with the fairies

Auntie Natasha shows up to check on the household and the young lady.
This is the fist time Auntie Natasha visited since her funeral 4 years ago.

>undead aunt
nice

so, does she attack them or other shenanigans?

>Maybe the kid does this every night and is friends with the fairies
i can dig that.

>that artist
Nice choice, OP.

y-you too

Thus far we have:
>Dancing in the moonlight with the fairies
>Hot Milf Aunt back from the grave
>I Cant Believe My Lady Made Me Pick Flowers For Her While Im Her Bodyguard?!?
>Assassins in the night

cmon guys, its not enough for 12 days!

since you specifically said babysit, not bodyguard, I would focus on more mundane things.

Assassins? The keep is already in ruins, the baron already lost, what's the point? This would seriously depend on the political climate for it to make sense.

Bandits? Maybe a couple people come poking around to see what's up, but with a dozen soldiers on top of the party, is there really much of a threat?

Rather, why not focus on morale problems? The girl just had her father kidnapped, probably had quite a few friends among the dead. Maybe one of the soldiers goes missing, but it's not anything weird, guy just decided to leave.

Speaking of, you probably don't want to keep those bodies lying in the open. Somebody should probably spend a day burying/burning them, if for no other reason so that they don't attract wild animals.

Speaking of, what happened to the keeps food supply? Has anything been broken open to attract critters? How much is still usable? Should people start looking into acquiring more?

Is enough of the keep still intact to use as shelter? Structurally sound? Is it even safe anymore? Will rain be a problem? How much of the structure/supplies can be salvaged?

And besides all of this? What if the 'actually strong adventurers' don't come back? What if they fail? Does the party have a contingency plan for that scenario?

What I'm getting at is that, while it wouldn't be uncommon for people to take advantage of the situation, an entire keep getting razed is a pretty big deal on its own. I would start there, rather than jumping straight to more stuff to tack onto it.

Thank you. i was just going to ask about the small but important things that require roleplaying and logical thinking.

She is a political threat, even if she is just a child. even if the baron doesnt come back.

Keeps food supply is almost gone. the keep has been breached from 3 different points, the gate is fucked and two holes in the wall. keep is still waterproof and a really good place to defend even if the walls are breached. about 30% of the living quarters are usable. there is enough rubble to maybe fix a one hole, perhaps even the gate.

>What if the 'actually strong adventurers' don't come back? What if they fail? Does the party have a contingency plan for that scenario?

no. I havent thought that far yet.

>burying bodies of the fallen
>It's time to Clean Up: the keep edition

thanks for the ideas.

Still here, taking suggestions.

>party goes out hunting for food
>the kid throws a tantrum because you killed a poor innocent rabbit/deer

d'aww. what are the penalties of this? does the lady order a punishment for the party or the person who killed it?

what if the baron staged his own kidnapping because the kid is fucking insufferable

Oh hey I remember that doujin.

s-sauce?

How do I make her insufferable when she looks like a 8/8 qt

exhentai.org/s/1c69919272/53369-1

you double nigger

>there are no bodies
>no blood

It all makes sense now.jpg

maybe party does realize, maybe it wont.

bump for interest

peasants decides now would be a great time to demand relief from taxes, party must either resolve it peacefully or be force to fight a pitchfork/torch mob that would outnumber them+the remaining guards

Neighboring country's sketchy prince rolls up with his entourage and figures this is the best time to start courtship, party must stand by along with lady's retainers (if she has any?) just in case this becomes another kidnapping and endure moronic courtship rituals

local thieves try to steal some shit because of the lessened guard, party must either prevent thefts by catching them in the act or run them down and get whatever they took back ala COPS

one day where nothing bad happens, either roleplay what the party would do during downtime or try to cheer up the lady with something better than "I'm sure your dad isnt dead"

Someone sent gifts! CHECK FOR POISON/TRAPS

teach the lady self defense
"YA THINK YOU'RE CAPABLE OF KILLING A MAN, KID?"
"N-no?"
"DAMN SHAME"

She decides to take charge and starts giving...bad...orders.

The NBC guards go along with her or threaten to revolt, depending on what is best developing rp.

Make this an rp trap/puzzle. They need to use diplomacy and balance all sides.

thank you

>peasants decides now would be a great time to demand relief from taxes
Im thinking this would be perfect when they arrive, there is an angry mob at the fucked up gates demanding an audience with the lady. guards shouting gtfo or we will shoot.

>local thieves try to steal some shit
how about her favorite dress or a teddy bear or something like that?

>either roleplay what the party would do during downtime
I wish they would do this more often, how do I encourage new guys to do this?

>teach the lady self defense
cute girls are for protecting, but if the party decides to do that. I wont object.

Perhaps a ghost pops up. Some kind of curse or ancient family secret the pic need to resolve it.

Perhaps a religious leader springs a 'she must do a thing' or terrible dom. It may be legit and the pic need to help her or it may be an attempt to take over while the Barron is awa.

>Random possibly douchebag prince rolls up and wants to court the qt
That just makes me wish it were happening in the game with my huge stronk scary fighter. Certainly wouldn't put up with that shit if he's any little bit smug or dickish.

>Ghost pops up and starts haunting
>Turns out it's her grandfather's spirit or some ancestor and he's mad that she's not being able to place his (also hers) favorite flowers on his grave
Could be cute and light hearted in the middle of it all.

>She decides to take charge and starts giving...bad...orders.

is she cruel? selfish? naive? innocent as fuck?

CUTE
U
T
E

Ask them and make it matter

Naive and innocent. Being cute as a button as she is, I imagine she'd be the type who wants to help and please everyone, though you obviously can't or else you'll run out supplies, people will use her openness as a means of grabbing her as well, or whatever.

I would go with trying to hard combined with lack of experience and training and driven by fear of failure.

One of the guards is actually a traitor working for the kidnapping group, and plans to kidnap/assassinate her at night, and the party has to find out who it is (let's say they find a dead guard but nobody has entered or left the castle yet)

do they just find a naked body or? does this happen early in the few first days?

Naive, innocent , hard working, cute little scaredy cat?

Sure. Make the whole party wish she were their daughteru because she's so adorable.

A traitor isn't going to throw them. How about a dobbleganger that wants to replace her.

>doppelganger who wants to be a royal loli
what is his(female) plan?

bump

>Neighboring country's sketchy prince rolls up with his entourage and figures this is the best time to start courtship, party must stand by along with lady's retainers (if she has any?) just in case this becomes another kidnapping and endure moronic courtship rituals
I really like this

>moronic courtship rituals
classics like singing and playing songs under her window? anything else? challenging his bodyguard into a duel?

Maybe the fairies are other children, magically transformed by someone who made a pact with-
>Honestly half surprised nobody went the easy route an tried a Berserk reference.

It used to be that they wanted to get themselves into positions of power so they were safe and could do that egg thing. The barons daughter would be perfect for that. If she acted a little different or odd it would be written off as just being a kid.

Kidnappers come to try and ransom the princess to the highest bidder. Stat them as regular bandits and brigands.

One of the archers is a traitor who wants to do lewd things with the lady and has been waiting his entire life for this opportunity.

If he's left alone with her for more than half an hour he'll make her unconscious, put her inside a beer barrel attached to a horse, kill all the other horses in the keep and attempt to flee.

If he's not stopped he'll ride until the horse dies of exhaustion, then make his way carrying the lady to a small cave in a distant part of the forest. In the first night he'll try to convince the lady to do lewd things to him in exchange for her freedom, he'll beat her up when she denies, he'll then try to convince her to do lewd things in exchange for not being beaten again, she'll refuse and he'll beat her up some more. The third night he'll have his way with her and she'll become pregnant.

Because Berserk is shit.