Strung munk

Hey Veeky Forums Im trying to make my own homebrew class for D&D 5e that is something like a monk but they focus on using heavy armor and two handed weapons instead, I could use some help coming up with some features and archetypes, any ideas?

Make Barbarian
Rename shit to tranquil theme
Done

Doesn't sound very monk-like to me

When I say monk like I mean they use a smaller set of weapons (instead of monk weapons, they use any big weapons really) and that most of their class abilities do not work when not wearing heavy armor, like monks unarmored speed and defense and such

So.... A fighter?

Fair enough.

So let's call it Viking for the sake of this post. Your Viking weapons should probably consist of weapons with the heavy, two handed or versatile (but only if used with two hands) property(ies).

Then take Barbarian, remove everything keyed to unarmored defense, and call it a day.

You're going to have to provide more to work with if you want better help.

>Juggernaut

Possible Class features:

>Full Plate and Packing Steel: Add Con mod to damage rolls when wearing heavy armour.

>Unstoppable: When affected by an effect that would restrict your movement and wearing heavy armour, you can choose to ignore that effect once/day

>Overpower: Whenever you deal damage to an enemy with a two-handed weapon, you can use your bonus action to knock them prone.

>Devastate: Once per day, you can use your bonus action to make additional attacks equal to your Con modifier

>Sweeping Strikes: Your attacks with two-handed weapons deal damage equal to your Strength modifier to all enemies within your reach.

>Iron Skin: You never suffer negative effects from wearing heavy armour. While wearing heavy armour, you gain +1 to Armour Class

Somewhat, but like exclusively heavy armor wearing, and with some more defensive focus. Like improved ability with shields and some archetypes that make you either harder to hit, hit harder or harder to hurt.

Yes, this is what im looking for!

Hey Veeky Forums Im trying to make my own homebrew class for D&D 5e that is something like a barbarian but they focus on using divine spellcasting and ranged weapons instead, I could use some help coming up with some features and archetypes, any ideas?

I'm pretty sure your mocking me, but if you aren't I would make one of the features just taking throwing axes and taping holy water to them.

Hey Veeky Forums I'm trying to make my own homebrew class for D&D 5e that is like a fighter but they focus on Arcane spell casting and minion management instead, I could use some help coming up with features and archetypes, any ideas?

Okay now im pretty sure your mocking me

Gotcha senpai.

>Tempest

Some feature ideas

>Divine Wrath: Go into a mad frenzy, increasing the damage of your ranged attacks and spells by x. If you take or deal no damage in a round, your Divine Wrath ends. While in Divine Wrath, you are immune to mind-affecting effects and gain resistance to Radiant, Necrotic, Lightning and Thunder damage.

>Sacred Hurricane: Whenever you make an attack with a ranged or thrown weapon, you may cast an Orison as a bonus action.

>Storm of Fury: You may draw any number thrown weapons as a part of your attack action. You gain an extra attack at 6th, 13th and 20th level.

>Divine Spellcasting: you gain spells from the Tempest list, using Wisdom as spellcasting stat

>Savage Devotion: When wearing no armour, your armour class equals 10+Wis+Dex.

I was mocking you but only once, the second was someone else desu

Don't worry, got you too.

>Strategos

Some ideas:

>Tactical Casting: Gain Arcane spells from the Strategos list. Any creatures summoned by you will always obey you until they expire or die.

>Chain of Command: any creatures you have summoned deal extra damage equal to your intelligence modifier. You may use your Strategos maneuvers whenever your summons act.

>Strategos Maneuvers: Choose two from the list, use equal to Int/day, gain extra every five levels. Maneuvers are stuff like extra attack, free movement, shield walls, phalanxes, and affect you, your minions, or both.

Martial Excellence: gain extra attacks like Fighter. You may sacrifice attacka to have your minions attack instead.

Arcane Strategy: gain metamagic points, gets access to metamagic to alter area of effects use self buffs on minions, or cast spells from minion squares as the Strategos was there

Master Strategist: Advantage on all Initiarive and Perception checks, never surprised, may always use a spell slot to cast a Summon spell as a bonus action during the first round of combat.

Damn dude you are delivering

At first I was being indignant but let's keep this going.

How about a rogue that specializes in sword and board and healing magic instead of sneak attack and utility

Blitzer-Improved charges and knock downs with earth shattering force
Demon hunter-fucking HATE demons, just not enough to be religious. So you just fuckin shoot them
Warlord-control your own tiny army of monsters

Hey Veeky Forums Im trying to make my own homebrew class for D&D 5e that is something like a cleric but they focus on dual wielding weapons and psionic powers instead, I could use some help coming up with some features and archetypes, any ideas?

Bishop-control people with the power of your religion and whack em with double scepters or something

Wait, why? From what I can tell, the Point of the monk is light and fast. Heavy armor and two weapons doesn't make any sense.
That's fighter or barb.

Because I want a character thats just a dude in big heavy armor who goes around punching and breaking shit. Like a giant trapped in a normal humans body. with heavy armor.

Now this seems a bit difficult. Lets see.

>Knight of Solace

Features:

>Silent Shield: Whenever an enemy attacks an ally within your reach with Disadvantage, you may use your Solace feature as a reaction.

>Vigilant Shadow: Whenever you use the Aid Another action, you also may impose Disadvantage on one enemy that attacks any target other than you.

>Quiet Steel: You may wear heavy armour without suffering a penalty to stealth rolls. Whenever you act during a surprise round, you may Hide as a free action if you did not attack or cast harmful spells.

>Solace: Gain 1+Wis modifier uses of Solace. Whenever you spend a charge, you may heal yourself or an ally for 2d8+Wis as a bonus action. Range is touch. Healing increases to 4d8, 6d8 and so on when leveling.

>Armoured in Darkness: If you spend at least a minute preparing an ambush, up to six allies may use your armour class until the start of their next turn when they are attacked for the first time in an encounter.

>Sword of Night: When you attack an enemy you have Advantage against, you may immediately make another attack against them. This additional attack does not grant additional attacks.

>Cloak of Shadows: You and up to six allies gain Advantage on Stealth checks in dim light or darkness. You can never be tracked and gain low-light vision.

Goddamn man, I can't type this shit fast enough on a phone.

Hey Veeky Forums Im trying to make my own homebrew NPC class for D&D 5e that is something like an aristocrat but they focus on farming and manual labor instead, I could use some help coming up with some features and archetypes, any ideas?