Alright Veeky Forums, you've convinced me to give this a try. Bought all this today (Minus the paints...

Alright Veeky Forums, you've convinced me to give this a try. Bought all this today (Minus the paints, some awesome guy gave me paints for free. If you're reading this, You're an amazing dude).
What now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo
youtube.com/watch?v=UvhuJRq73x4
youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Open box sideways.
>Pour colours of choice.
>Shake.
It's that easy.
just make sure to thin them first.

open the box

Get on youtube and watch some painting guides. Maybe some building guides too if you have never done it. You will have to cut the models from the sprue then clean off the lines and chuncks from the mold before you paint them. These can be cleaned with the back side of that exacto knife. If not they will stand out very bad when painted. I prefer super glue over plastic glue. Dries quicker and you can toss the model in the freezer to break it apart if you want to change it a bit. Downside is the model will be more likely to fall apart.

Those brushes look too big for all except base coating. You will need to pick up some smaller brushes.

To play the game you will need d6s. That is all the system uses and with orks you may need a lot of them.

1 decide what bitz you want to use
2 glue them together
3 use hobby knife to remove cast lines
4 prime
5 paint

Okay, Got it open.
That's a lot of parts, but okay. Guess I should cut out at least one whole Ork.

>bought d8 and d12 for 40k
you didn't really stat and you already fucked up
>that choice of brushes
Oh, wow, this has to be ruse.

how about you take it step by step.

assemble the orcs first then we'll continue, and get a file of some sort... a nail file will do for now

Oh, I play DnD as well, those Dice are for more than just this.

dude your pliers won't cut trough the plastic, neither will your shitty scissors.

getting the parts you need out of the cast frame will be a nightmare

ok so, your gonna have a few different heads, arms, and body types, but theres only gonna be enough legs for however many is on the box. i would glue the bodies together first then choose which arms and heads you want each model to have

Progress has gone well so far, I think.

Throw everything in the bin except for the tin of spray-paint.

Get a bag and spray a shitload into it then put the bag to your mouth and inhale.

You'll see some serious shit or never see again.

I'm looking to make an army, not enter the Warp, user, but thanks for the tip.

Those brushes tho.

As someone who loved playing Heroscape but thinks Warhammer might not be worth the time-/cash-sink, I'm lurking with interest.

Priming
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo

Basic Ork
youtube.com/watch?v=UvhuJRq73x4

More advanced painting for the skin
youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs

Forgot to mention you'll just want to pick roughly equivalent paints from your Army Painter set. Your Ink is the equivalent to the wash.

Thanks user, needed this!

Definitely file away mold lines before priming, though. Those show through paint and are fugly.

Also, that was a package of many brushes. These are the ones I will use.

You're going to want better brushes. You'll want round brushes with small, precise, pointy tips - flat brushes are no good at the scale you're painting. You want at least one for basecoating (about the length of a mini's forearm), one for fine details (about the length of a mini's hand), and one thick bristly brush for drybrushing. Oh, and something to mix paint with.

Honestly just go to any game store and tell the guy working there that you're just getting started and you need brushes. They'll set you up.

Also, if you're totally new to painting, I'd recommend picking up a bones miniature or two and practicing on them. They're dirt cheap compared to Warhammer minis, and your first figures will look like shit anyway so you might as well practice on something inexpensive.

Figure out what brushes you want then buy sable.

Artificial hair brushes fucking suck. They suck ass. If someone tells you otherwise they're lying through their teeth.

You really should get bew brushes.

At least get a 1, 0, and 00. Also something bristly and round for drybrush.

No. These are terrain brushes. I wouldn't even paint a dragon with those.

Get a size 2 brush (or two in case you fuck one up). And I means detail size 2.

Also thin your paints, if because of that you have to paint 2 layers to get decent coverage it's normal and will give you a smoother finish.

IILEGAL WEAPON CHOICES REEEEEEEEEEE