Flames of War SCANS database:

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

discord.gg/BfbxDSp

Other urls found in this thread:

bede19002.blogspot.com/2017/01/team-yankee-aar-january-21-2017.html?m=1
mediafire.com/file/wr88rp7cx01669q/VolksArmee.pdf
digitalcommons.unl.edu/dodmilintel/26/
digitalcommons.unl.edu/dodmilintel/23/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For anyone who has gotten the GHQ 6mm tanks, are they on full sprues like the BF ones or in simple turret body form.

Reposting from the bottom of the last thread.

aoc924, you're in luck, I'm a Long Islander myself. Nassau County.

I have a small group of Team Yankee players locally that I've been attempting to organize.

Were you look to play Team Yankee or regular Flames of War?

Turret and body, occasionally with a little sprue of accessories like MGs or whatever

>I wanted to confirm some kind of group before I bit the bullet.

There's a Team Yankee group-in-progress.

Myself, two friends, and possibly a former Flames of War tournament organizer from Brothers Grimm.

what I thought, thank you.

Still buying Volksarmee next week.

FFS, no title?

SHOOTING:
- Shootingh - either MG or Main Gun
- Shooting at Aircraft - similar to TY
- 8inches for AA safe zone
- Like in TY - LoS to Aircraft can never be blocked
- terrain like in TY - either tall or short
- 2 inches from the edge of terrain you can see normaly otuside but you are concealed
- teams in upper flors of buildings see teams outside in buildings not ceonceald, even in short terrain
- No HE is now +1 to shoot
- After shooting on Aircraft in enemy turn, apart from no def fire and shooting and assaulting turn after, you may NOT be GtG until the end of enemy's next turn
- When you rotate to hit, you can rotate the turret OR rotate the whole tank 90degrees
- shooting through smoke is only +1 to hit
- your hits must be assigned to the same type of teams and 6 inches within hit team
- MAn packed gun teams and light/medium guns are now 3+ save
- Heavy and Immobile guns are 4+ save
- Aircraft has it's own save now - 3+ usual and shooter needs to pass FP test to kill it
- passengers in destroyed transport retain their usuall save - 3+ or 4+
- Everybody get mission tactics
- Warrior save is now 3+
- Unit with 12 or more teams at the start of the shooting step need 8 hits to be pinned
- Commander morale reroll to every unit that is within 6 inches of commander and has LoS
- Flamethrowers do not run out od ammo!
- Breakthrough gun is now reroll to save, not instant fail

- Artillery - you have only 1 Observer, other units may spot depending on army
- May not fire artillery bombardment if you attempted to dig-in!
- aiming point may be on the ground, anywhere observing team can see, no need to put it on
team
- No more double width template
- You only have three range in attempts for one observer team, if you range in on first, you may give the rest of range in attempts to another artillery, with penalites for second and
third range in
- you hit on enemy rating
- 5 or more guns get reroll to hit
- Staff teams are gone, so everybody have all guns repeat!
- Change to Artillery FP and AT rating depending on whetever you hit infantry/gun team or tank:
on Infantry (older FP/newer FP) - 1/1;2/2;3/3;4/3;5/4;6/4
on tanks (older AT/newer AT) - 6/3;5/3;4/3;3/2;2/1;1/0
- Repeat bombardment may be with different spotting team
- Infantry and gun teams need to reroll saves when under Repeat bombardment!
- 1 Smoke bombardment per game per artilery unit
- LoS through Smoke is blocked unless you are within 6 inches, otherwise +1 to hit

ASSAULT
- More or less like Team Yankee
- Teams on small bases got +1 to hit in assault
- Infantry choose how to hit tank - top armour against TA2/FP1+ or side armour against any AT weapon you have.
- Shurzen is now Side armour 5 against At weapon with 5 or 6 FP

me too.

Can someone tell me how team yankee plays before I buy into it with a buddy.

Too me it looks like it goes like this
>Line up
>Throw tanks in line formation at each other
>Kill shit

Doesn't look like a whole lot of movement warfare goes on.

It's like Flames of War but faster and more violent.

Movement, flanking, denying avenues of advance, those are all important aspects of the game.

Things can move very quickly across the board.

But to move while still being able to shoot, that requires shorter, slower movement.

The iconic image may be M1s racing across the sand during the Gulf War, but battles like 73 Easting almost certainly required shorter, slower, more deliberate movement.

And that's what we tend to see in Team Yankee.

Fast speed for positioning, and. slower deliberate tactical movements when engaging the enemy.

Some people play that way, but you can use a bigger table or play with a lower point value. On a 6'x4' I like to play with 80 points. Gives more room on the board for maneuver and it isn't possible to bring literally everything in your list as it is with 100 points.

Asking again because I only got one reply but in TY and FoW you don't need terrain between you to get cover/give cover to aircraft, right? Just nearby?

The terrain needs to be in the line of sight between the aircraft and the unit on the ground. So a tanks has to be within 4" of woods that are between it and the aircraft to be concealed in TY.

Nah, in both game it's just proximity. I forget the page but it's in the bit about LOS to aircraft.

t-thanks Phill

The wording is vague, but in both examples they show the concealing terrain between the target and the aircraft. If the terrain isn't in the LOS, why consider it at all? Part of the danger of aircraft is they move around to hit you from any angle.

>>The East German Volksarmee, or Peoples’ Army, has the reputation of being the most well-trained of all the Warsaw Pact armies. It has a high proportion of professional soldiers and is well-equipped. 9. Panzerdivision, or 9th Tank Division, in particular, is equipped with T-72M tanks and BMP-1 and BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles.

then thisWho are you trying to fool Phill?

I think that's just because of the angle they have to fit the terrain in the shot. It's why they don't literally have 4" gaps and stuff.

The thing about "hitting from any angle" is exactly why I think it's probably any terrain nearby, otherwise you'd never get cover from aircraft. I suspect that was the reason why it's like that in FoW, too.

So uhh... next faction they're gonna add to team yankee gonna be Warsaw pact too or are we gonna get something out of left field like the Chinese or say even the french for nato?

we are getting a US and Soviet upgrade book.

>DDR releases for soviets
>Bradleys
>M-60's
>T-somethings...

the like....

I understand the point you making upon rereading the FoW v3 rules, but with the increased range and accuracy of aircraft weaponry in Team Yankee, it doesn't seem that being within 4 inches of any bit of tall terrain should disrupt a shot if it isn't in the LOS arc. In my mind a Cobra with thermal optics firing a TOW wouldn't be effected by a woodline near the target unless it was in the flight path of the missile. I think Battlefront was intentional in the terrain placements in the 2 examples they give.

There are still plenty of ways to use cover with this interpretation of the rules. You can benefit from concealment by being within the tall terrain area. Having a treeline in front of your tanks forces enemy air to come around for an unconcealed attack, potentially exposing themselves to more AA fire.

Definitely worth some more discussion. Maybe we can see what the /fowg/ consensus is. Can any other anons share how they treat this rule in V3 or Team Yankee?

I think for this year we will get:

1) Stripes. a supplement to the US
2) Red Potato[/Spoiler] Banner, a soviet supplement
3) Canadian book
4) Australians with a unit of attached New Zealanders. They seem like a very interesting list. I think we will see Land Rovers with ATGMs.

Please be t-80s...

Please let them be good....

> two more books for NATO
> a single book for the Soviets/WarPac

Rev up those training exercises.

>I think Battlefront was intentional in the terrain placements in the 2 examples they give.
I think the key thing here is that under "Concealment" TY talks about "imaginary lines" that pass through terrain; there's no similar wording in the aircraft bit, and it doesn't seem like it'd be arduous to word. It doesn't help most of the terrain placement stuff fudges with distances and angles for what I assume are cinematic or space constraint reasons.

There's three; second US, Canada, and Australia, though I believe australia's just a briefing like panzertruppen.

Canada will be interesting since the Leopard is in resin. I guess this is another chance for PSC to eat their lunch again but...

>T-80
Hit on 2+, calling it now.

Pretty sure they confirmed T-64 in the Iron Maiden Q&A. Just the base variant so a functional copy of the T-72A.

I think you mean FA 17 with ERA and basic stabilisers.

Yeah, it's going to be the same goddamn tank, but maybe with optional missile, I really don't know why they picked that and not the T-80U. Or a proper T-55.

I may wait for Canada to come out. I was debating jumping into TY with Brits because sexy Harriers, but if Canadians get their owk book that's awful tempting.

If they didn't give the missile to the T55AM2 (which was the entire point of the fucking upgrade program) it certainly puts shade on GL-ATGM for the Russians.

The Soviet version of the T-55AM2 might have the missile. I don't think the East Germans had them at the time.

What do you guys think of this quick and dirty set of rules for building collapse?

Whenever more than half of a building is under the template for an artillery bombardment, or a platoon hits a team inside a building with one or more Bunker Buster or Building Destroyer guns, the building may sustain serious damage. Roll a firepower check. A passed firepower test causes a hit on the building, or two hits in the case of a hit from a Building Destroyer. After 4 hits, it collapses and is replaced by an equal-sized pile of Rubble.

When a building collapses, all teams inside must immediately save against a hit with AT 3 and FP 2+. Any platoon with teams inside the building when it collapses are pinned. Place all surviving infantry and gun teams touching the edge of the rubble pile.

Well your rule needs some anti-cheesing already, as lightest mortars can bring down a building.

They'd need to pass the 6+ bombardment FP for 4 turns. Or are you saying that was common IRL?

>Canadians
> get their own book
I don't think that's going to happen, if it does it's going to be mostly brit/germans hardware with a couple of our own armoured cars no?

There are people already building Canadian forces using a mix of the currently available US and West German equipment.

I'd imagine a list out of Panzertruppen would do a decent job representing a Canadian force.

The only thing I'm not sure of is what the Canadian used as mobile AA.

I doubt it was the VADS or the Gepard, but I'm not sure what it would have been.

Thoughts on this list?

>Tank Company, 6 Guards Tank Brigade (CT), Support from 15th (Scottish) Division (CT), from Overlord, page 124

Compulsory Tank Squadron HQ (p.125) - CinC Churchill V CS (60 pts)
>Add applique armour to Churchill V CS or Churchill VI increasing front armour to 9 (10 pts)

Compulsory Tank Platoon (p.125) - Command Churchill VI, Churchill VI, Churchill III or IV (250 pts)
>3x add applique armour increasing front armour to 9 (30 pts)

Compulsory Tank Platoon (p.125) - Command Churchill VI, Churchill VI, Churchill III or IV (250 pts)
>3x add applique armour increasing front armour to 9 (30 pts)

Tank Anti-aircraft Platoon (p.126) - Command Crusader A/A, Crusader A/A (85 pts)

Tank Recce Platoon (p.126) - Command Stuart V or VI, 2x Stuart V or VI (120 pts)

Corps Anti-tank Platoon (SP), Royal Artillery (p.158) - Command M10C 17pdr SP, M10C 17pdr SP (130 pts)

Crocodile Tank Platoon (p.157) - Command Churchill Crocodile, Churchill Crocodile (265 pts)

Rifle Platoon (p.144) - Command Rifle/MG, PIAT, Light Mortar, 6x Rifle/MG (140 pts)

Infantry Field Battery, Royal Artillery (p.156) - 2x Command Rifle, Staff, Observer Rifle, OP Carrier, 4x OQF 25 pdr gun (140 pts)

>1510 Points, 8 Platoons

Has 5 points left to buy transports, an ARV, or an AA MG (most likely transports). Always Attacks thanks to the Crocodiles, and has a rather large variety of answers to whatever the enemy can throw at it. Cleans up medium armor, mechanized, and infantry lists quite well, but lists with a bunch of Front 9+ tanks will be a pain to fight. All platoons are CT, though the rifle platoon can be replaced with a RV one from the 51st for the same points.

it should be the LAV-AD assuming it came out around that time... i think

It depends what you're after. You'll do fine for friendly games, and win a good few if you play the list well (although, for my money, you'd be better off with 2x smoke-generating platoons). However for my money you have too many small platoons - 2 and 3 tanks - and will bleed VP in a tourney situation.

Also, consider what your local meta is. Around here, Remagen KTs have been a big thing lately. This would make your Churchills cry. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

>for my money... for my money

God damn, I write badly when I only do one draft of something. Work has given me bad habits.

Outside of making the Crocs a 3-tank platoon and the M10s a 4-tank platoon, I don't really have many options for larger platoons. Being British sucks.

And yeah, I really wanted a 2iC to get me another 95 so I could do a smoke bombardment with my HQ, but that was not to be.

I admit not knowing much of what equipment they used in the 80's, or even now for that matter, but I'd just love to see them get their own book. Even if it's just full of US and West German stuff.

I can feel you but this time period is long past my country's time as a viable military power and my own brit boner has me discard the state of my state.

Out of all things in this hobby, painting tank tracks and road wheels is my least favorite thing. Fuck the tiny road wheels on the Panther. Luckily drybrushing and washes can cover my lack of talent.

Found a batrep someone posted on the forums. Soviets attacking Brits. British infantry seem very tough to dig out of cover. The shit ton of T-72s seemed to not be doing anything thing.

>not bringing any form of missile AA as Soviets

>6 inch command distance again makes things look retarded on the board. Really wish they would change this stupid rule.

bede19002.blogspot.com/2017/01/team-yankee-aar-january-21-2017.html?m=1

As someone just looking to start out, can someone give a brief overview how the Midwar Armies (North Africa/Eastern Front) play? I looked up a guide on 1d4chan but its very brief on the factions and doesn't say too much.

If it helps I'm looking for something that goes fast.

I think Mid-war is the most openn with the most options. Most tanks can compete with each other, and most AT guns are still useful(maybe not AT rifles).

I play Italians in MW, and they can go pretty fast. Brits are good for fast as well, if I recall correctly.

So is there no real difference between factions then?

Well sure there is. Each nation has its own special rukes and varied equipment. Germans tend to have heavier tanks than say Italians, but Italians can bring a shit ton more models to the table.

I don't know all the national rules off the top of my head, admittedly, but I know Germans get their Stormtrooper move(after shooting but before assaulting they can move and extra 4 inches by passing a skill check that they'll basically never ever fail), Italians have a similar thing where they give up their shooting to do it(I believe Hungarians are the same as Italians). I know that the Brits have a lot of fast tanks in North Africa.

Note the German one is not "before assaulting", it's "instead of assaulting". The Huns get one similar to the Italians (using skill instead of morale), but it's more restricted in its usage (generally only tanks, cavalry, and motorized infantry).

Ah, I see. So Germans are what you have to do if you want to do a lot of shooting and moving, while you try and ram Italians and Hungarians into the enemy?

Ah, thanks for correcting me there! I was sure I was getting it wrong.

Germans can move more while still retaining their ability to shoot. Italians are what you play if you want a few good laughs and are a glutten for punishment.

Hungarians can bring some nice toys to the fight, but their extra move isn't nearly as good as the Germans.

Well mainly I'm looking not quite for pure speed but something that is maneuverable (moving and shooting) and can handle going through terrain alright. Mobility was the word I was looking for.

As a rule of thumb, US excel at that kind of maneuverability, thanks to Stabilisers. Germans can do something surprisingly similar due to Stormtrooper (and also generally have better guns, especially in MW). A few british tanks can do wonders with that playstyle, but those carry too weak guns (2pdrs, which were decent in EW, but are easily found to be lacking in MW). Otherwise, british tend to prefer more static battles.

HOWEVER: V4 is coming in march, things may change a bit then.

>British infantry seem very tough to dig out of cover.
The brits are monsters in assault, and the soviets are awful at it, and given Breakthrough was nerfed that's as good as it gets.

"Forthcoming Releases" SECTION UPDATED FOR PSC

>15mm German SdKfz 231 8 rad armoured car
>15mm British Universal Carrier (and variants)
>15mm Modern Soviet T55 tank
>15mm Valentine
>15mm Sexton

VALENTINES CONFIRMED! HYPE LEVEL CRITICAL

> Valentines and T55s

How can one company be so based?

>UCs out soon
well that's ni-
>15mm Sexton
FUCK YES FINALLY TAKE MY MONEY YOU BEAUTIFUL COMPANY

GERMAN SPGS WHEN

Sdkfz 250 NEUE WHEN

Not many people use the German SPGs, sadly. I doubt it'd be economical.

True but isn't that partially since they're still 12 bucks each

Probably part of it but German artillery isn't very rewarding generally, they're in the big camp of people who basically always want to use mortars except they have super-mortars that're cheaper called nebs.

Yea at the moment I have mortars and panzerwerfers, and the next purchase will probably be Nebs

I know the guns are less effective for the points amd bereft of special rules but it'd be nice to have the option so as to build more varied lists

This is pretty much me with the Sextons. They're generally not worth the extreme points increase compared to plain 25pdrs (185->250 for 4), but they'd be nice for the list building options. Would maybe even see use if the local meta wasn't tanks and tank accessories.

It doesn't help british 4-gun batteries suffer from having that fourth gun, which does nothing ruleswise but you can't not-take.

Also that being FP 5+ in bombardment means you need a turn or two of Mike Target repeats to equal the damage of everyone else's 4+ FP mid-sized tube arty.

Hmm, alright, that gives me a decent idea of tanks, though I was more thinking how mechanized units play.

For all /fowtg/ anons loyal to Best Germany (or the enemies looking for free info), Volksarmee is here:

mediafire.com/file/wr88rp7cx01669q/VolksArmee.pdf

Enjoy, Comrades!

Nice! I shall have to take a look at that.

I'll get it uploaded to the Scans Database soon.

Thanks based scanon

Are Plastic Soldiers' bases the same as Battlefront?

Off by less than 1-2%, essentially the same.

Where can I find some Company/Battalion-level (and below) tactics/drills for Soviets and other armies?

Mech as in infantry in (hopefuly armored) transports, or mech as in armored cars/recon troops?

Sextons are great when you're running Reluctant, since they can't, in any way, be pinned (well, they can, but they ignore it for almost all purposes)

Except that you're a fair bit more resistant to casualties. I've lost count of the number of times I've lost one of my priests (and not always in situations where the artillery was completely dead anyway), and the artillery is suddenly neutered.

Nice I like it.

Would be perfect if they released the Valentine on Valentine's day.

Have I gone nuts or has the Basic Stabiliser disappeared off of the T-55AM2's card in the book?

yeah, just noticed that too... looks like it's just slow firing penalty now

Maybe they decided it was too good

People with the book had been saying exactly that, but nobody bothered to remember when there was (admittedly justified) complaining to do.

Please have parts for the Archer please have parts for the Archer please have parts for the Archer.

I'm looking through CARL right now. Following links within links led me to this:
digitalcommons.unl.edu/dodmilintel/26/
Also, here is the field organization part of that manual. If there are big errors in here, I would not trust the first link on tactics.
digitalcommons.unl.edu/dodmilintel/23/

>yet more tiger 1 Es is economical

Well they're in plastic now.

Yeah, but everyone's all got all the tigers they'll ever want. Fuckin wehraboos man.

My takeaway thought today from facing off against fuckloads of armoured cars is that all-recce lists can go fuck themselves. "They're only FA 1-4!", he says, while I never even get to shoot because they're all rocketing around behind trees every time I declare shots...

Not like he's going to be able to hold onto anything if he's gotta move all the time.

Komm damit klar nerds

Ich komm damit klar

It was a pointless rule anyway. It already was tagged with slow firing. I doubt anyone would have wanted to take an EXTRA +1 to hit to move.

Yeah, but they don't have to since they project an anti-assault bubble everywhere and are more than capable of nipping around to shoot stuff in the arse if it tries to advance on objectives.

> everyone on the side of the Warsaw Pact speaks like a Hollywood Commissar

Team Yankee's story is so terrible I struggle to find the words to describe how bad it is.

I stopped reading fluff desu, lack of it it keeps me in good mood for the game (like describing Konkurs behaving the same as M901 ITV but having none of the perks it has ingame)