>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: → → →
→ → →
>Dessert_Wars_5.trid
>A_Guide_To_Tantric_Ear_Massage.sim
>Endless_sheets_of_bubblewrap.btl
>Nightcall.mp3

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 53 (15% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your ban from Dairy Queen will expire in 532 days'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Miracle Shooter.exe

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.190.0
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5ok5qe/roll20_charactersheet_chummer_import.
issues.chummer.net),
join.chummer.net)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New thread repost!

Chummer Build 5.190.0 is now available: github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.190.0

This rollup-build is largely bug fixes again, but we have some new UI improvements that I'd like to go through. First off, we've now got a JSON Export option available for career mode characters, accessible through the Export option in the File menu. This allows exporting Chummer's 'print' data to third party services such as Roll20. For further details, please see this link: reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5ok5qe/roll20_charactersheet_chummer_import.

We've also made it easier to report issues; if Chummer crashes, you'll see a 'Create New Issue' button. Clicking that link will open our issue tracker in your default browser, with some details pre-filled. As ever, if you have an issue or feature request the easiest way to get it noticed is to raise it as an issue on GitHub (issues.chummer.net), but you can also contact us via Slack (join.chummer.net) or here, of course. We do appreciate the submission of crash reports via the Crash Handler, but it is substantially easier for the team to collaborate and keep track of Github issues.

As a final note, I've received some complaints lately that quirks in Chummer's behaviour can cause corruption of characters, rendering them unusable. I've not seen this behaviour myself, but I can appreciate the frustration this could cause. If it happens to you, or anyone you're playing with, please contact me directly either here or via [email protected] and I will do the best I can to fix it in a timely manner.

Whats the best way of removing multiple initiative passes?

I was thinking about lumping all their actions into a single round so combat doesnt take so long as multiple rounds of combat with only 1-2 characters actually do anything is tedious

I wish there was more on India besides it got really fucked up by VITAS and a couple hundred people with four arms.

>* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your ban from Dairy Queen will expire in 532 days'
What the everloving fuck did you do to get a Dairy Queen ban and why?

Isn't here a new edition coming out for shadowrun? Lite version or something?

Anyone know anything about I?

It involves the secret recipe for their chocolate syrup, a vampire I used to love, a datasteal that went wrong, a serious case of Astral Herpes, and a bunch of dead bodies and spent casings.

You're probably thinking of Shadowrun: Anarchy, but it's not very good or even that very rule-lite actually.

>a serious case of Astral Herpes

What's the stangest/craziest escape you've ever pulled?

A.D.S or M.A.D.S, 4e augmentation book, check the diseases.

You do G.O.D.'s work, yekka.

It's like regular herpes, but on your soul instead of your dick.

Thanks user. That is it. Was hoping it had been straightened out.

Oh lawd, it's actually a thing.

If you're a van rigger, you can skimp on some physical attributes - STR and BOD primarily, AGI to a lesser extent. You won't be doing much in meatspace ideally, but shadowruns are rarely ideal. Pick a weapon of choice - e.g. Revolvers, Semiautomatic pistols, SMGs, Shotguns - and buy the weapon skill with the specialty. Try to get your dice pool to at least 8, and don't spread your skill points out across weapon skills. You should pick a firearm (Automatics are arguably the best choice for low dice pool combat characters because of suppressive fire, but pick what fits your character concept) instead of a melee skill, but buy a knife anyway because it's a great tool.

Again, decide between dronemaster rigger or jumper rigger. You can do both (if you're a jumping rigger, get a few cheap drones like flying eyes/flyspys anyway, just because having a surveillance net is dope). Buying both a rating 2 control rig and a RCC is doable, but that's a lot of your starting cash. Specializing here frees up a big chunk of nuyen that can be more drones or bigger drones.

When it comes to souping up your drones/cars (I'll say drones for brevity), Armor is kind of a god stat. Drones (unlike meatbags) don't take stun damage, so any physical damage less than the drone's armor minus AP does nothing. Stun damage also does nothing (natch), but drones take electricity damage as physical damage, and they can take matrix damage from electrical attacks, too. This is why the Steel Lynx is so dope out of the box: 12 armor means that that Fichetti's rounds are just gonna bounce off its hull. Drones are expensive, so protect that investment.

Perma-GM but my players once escaped a stealthy heist job by blowing the supports on the west side of the building next door, causing it to fall into the building they were in. They hopped into the crumbling structure and acted like they worked there and were injured in the explosion. Both buildings were extensively damaged, eventually they both collapsed. It was stupid, but it worked.

They didn't need to do it, though. They set the whole thing up as a distraction just in case and then, after going undetected for the entire operation, they decided to use half of the planted charges now and half when they got out so as to get all of the security personnel away from their designated escape point and also not waste the 30 minutes of real time they wasted planting charges.

Is there such a thing as zombies in shadowrun? Well, other than cyberzombies that is i guess.

Yep, check Hard Targets

Feral ghouls come close. They even spread an HMHVV strain that turns people into more ghouls, although not necessarily feral. Many places kill them on sight.

>that feel when you realize you can run your favorite movie as a Shadowrun plot

I beat you to that one YEARS ago now.

Hahaha, how did it go?

You mean Romero zombies or classica voodoo zombies?
Because if the latter, , and if the former .

>rigger without a rig
It's so crazy it just might work. No wonder I've been having trouble finding the money for drones at chargen.

Awesomely.
Most of the group got it right away, and those that didn't still had a lot of fun. They played the collective part of Jack Burton perfectly, only instead of constantly whining about their trucks they whined about their money, as it was increasingly looking likely like they wouldn't get paid at any point.

Oh, and every once in awhile one of them would quote Jack Burton, beginning with
>"Son of a bitch must pay!"
Actually that line's become something of a recurring joke in my group when we play SR and get double-crossed at any point.

Heh awesome.
Its the stages of Shadowrun acceptance. At first everything seems too dense and doesn't make sense. And then you eke out a niche of fluff knowledge on your way to understanding things as a whole. Eventually you realize that a lot of it is vague so you can fill in the gaps. Then you understand how much you can really do with the fluff when there aren't as many limits as it seems at first.

When you find the parallels that make everything make sense, its glimpsing enlightenment.

I've run Shadowrun twice, and played in it three times.
Both times I've run the game were terrible because I didn't understand the rules or the fluff. The first two characters I made were terrible because I didn't understand the setting at all.

I'm running Shadowrun for the third time for a group of players who have never done anything Shadowrun at all.

> Kurt, seriously, you gotta be fucking kidding me with this character build. You blew all your starter cash on a Hellhound you can barely use. You dumped all your skill points into throwing weapons, and the only weapon you bought is a fucking Sandler. Are you planning on using that 7 edge to hit anything?

Yekka, what job do you work? You put an endless amount of love and effort into this thread and chummer5. It makes me wonder where you get the time to do this all. I also want to thank you for being awesome and making these threads a better place.

Sysadmin, more or less. It helps that I sleep like, four hours a day and get a kick out of being useful.

I don't see an Export to JSON option anywhere.

File, Export, Select JSON. Does that not work?

I don't see anything like that at all in the file tab. Latest chummer, hit File, no Export option to be found.

You need to be in career mode.

Oh, okay.

Yekka is truly our FastJack.
Better; he is our Captain Chaos.

There's a fair amount in 3e's Shadows of Asia actually.

That would imply an /srg/ hierarchy and admin powers. Yekka is a cool chummer.

The Hacking rules of 5e are pretty complex. But are they fun enough to run a spin-off Deckers Only Shadowrun Campaign?

Absolutely not. Not even fun enough with just one decker.

For a deckers only game, I'd consider bringing more of the combat rules into the matrix - cover, environmental modifiers, etc.

You're not useful. Tools are useful. You're a hero who made it possible for a fuckwit lazy-ass like me to get into Shadowrun enough to play and GM it.

I salute you, Yekka.

Is Yekka the hero we need?

Captain Chaos did not really exercise his sysadmin powers whatsoever, instead letting people just post whatever.
He only moved some subjects of discussion to areas of Shadowland where they applied.

While here we are, one giant unsorted conglomeration after another.

I was under the impression that Decking wasn't fun b/c everybody had to wait for that players' own super spesshul minigame. You're saying if everyone had the same mini-game, it would still be a pain in the ass for everyone?

Is there precedence for a strain of HMHVV that has a 100% chance of any ghoul created turning feral no matter the infecteds mental faculties pre-infection? How mutable is HMHVV in general? I've been binging zombie movies/games lately and im sorta looking for a precedent for y'know "that" kind of zombie infection, if there isn't one, feel free to shoot me down.

It'd work if everyone was doing the same hacking scene. It would be worse if everyone is doing their own hacking scene.

HMHVV is literally a magic virus, and the writers repeatedly bring up the fact that "It's magic!" and if it doesn't make sense, they don't gotta explain shit.

If you want to create strain IIIz, no one can say it's not possible.

>Is Yekka the hero we need?

I don't know, but if I ever run a game of shadowrun, I'm considering making an NPC homage. Might be named Yekka, or perhaps ChummerX. Probably a legendary decker; no-one's seen the hacker's face or even knows what pronoun applies to it. Attempts to trace the decker have led people on a wild goose chase all over the world. Some rumors include ChummerX being a whole organization, perhaps a sentient artificial intelligence, or even the set-up to an elaborate sting operation. After all, how could one metahuman be so productive and generous?

The hacker, or perhaps a group of hackers, probably does things like crack the copy-protection on cyberprograms (allowing them to be downloaded for free), make illegal ownership-changes with stunning rapidity as a service to fences, and sometimes help promising runners gain their footing in a data haven.

Yekka, how does this make you feel? To know that user would make you an NPC, and you'd be a super cool hackerman?

This entire thread is weird.

thanks bby u so best

Keep in mind that taking multiple actions all together or in clumps can lead to only a few people talking actions, only this time it's because nobody else is still up to take actions.

The decking rules are like putting a nail through your dick. Accruing marks, figuring out Hosts, GOD, and so forth are all just garbage, and the rules for cybercombat are the least tactical, least interactive rules in the game. It's mechanics without an environment, and gameplay where every roll is make or break with no real options for recovery.

It's the least shit that hacking has ever been, in any edition, but early editions - unlike the current one - could be semi-interesting as standalone decker systems. This one just plain isn't useful or good.

Simplify decking into a simple pass/fail system in normal games, and for dedicated VR games look to another system entirely.

Man don't you hate it when the vory boss you saved from ambush decides to walk out of the safe house alone and get himself shot in the head

Did I already get some kind of payment out of the saving?

If so, no I don't hate it but I do dislike it.

If not, yes. I hate. Hate like a thousand suns.

>vory boss
>shot in the head

oops

No payment. Not even hired. Just our face and him wanted info from one guy. Both had driven and just waltz into the place ignoring my plead that this is a set up. And you know who had too fight of 4 enemy runners with 24 armor and 16 dices to shot ares alpha?Me.
Funny thing he was the guy who made peace with the dutch and prohibited slave trading. And he is dead now.

Okay, I have to know; whose face is flashing on 2016's visor?

>peace
>prohibited slave trading

Sounds like a real charmer, which most Vory are anything but.

In all my experiences in Shadowrun, I always have terrible experiences with the Vory - either my GM's really hate them, or its just the type.

Wait, so PCP is pretty much Kamikaze right? So if I want to be an IRL street sam I just need to get some prosthetic arms, glue a knife to one, and dose up on PCP.

What are Vory?

the russian mob

I'm stuck guys, I threw in (I forget the name) the anthro child size tutor drone as a mcguffin on a run, it's got a section of memory thats heavily encrypted and currently inaccessible to the players. One of the players took one and now he won't leave it alone, and I can't for the life of me think of wtf it does. I've started thinking maybe I can work it out so the player gets the sensei quality after a run to unlock it, but can I get you all to throw me some ideas as to what this thing is and why horizon is making them by the truckload?

Vory v Zakone, the "Thieves in Law"

Russian mafia that grew out of the gulags from political dissidents and murders and shit - all the folk stalin and the bolsheviks sent up to freeze to death in Siberia. Later on, after the wall falls, you have tons of corrupt red army officers join in, and it becomes one a group of pretty violent and bloody folks.

There was a movie that came out not too long ago called "Eastern Promises" thats all about the Vory

Well he was. Two leaders are left now. One of them is cool guy that we arw drinking budies with and wants to keep the peace.
The other was screwing the dutch and the vory by trading with people and we found out and liberated the girls after we were hired to protect the shipment(didnt it mas metahumans before). There is maybe bounty on our head from him

It was a case of honest human error down the line. The encrypted stuff is all program upgrades that are supposed to be purchased and loaded to the drone later.

But instead, if you can decrypt those areas, you have not only a tutor for standard things, but several advanced subjects and some housekeeping stuff as well as a better pilot program (effectively).

I hope you do this and kill someone, just so I can see what the media makes of it.

Then in Vice (4e) it becomes more of a mix of crooked accountants and street level thugs.

Ooh that's not bad, I can work with that, thank you!

So I'm faffing about with an options rewrite, and one of the things I want to do is add cover art. As part of that, I need an image for books that don't have an image. Supports custom art and such. Technically not necessary, but shut up, I like making things pretty.

ANYWAY. I mocked up the one that's fifth from the left, but I'm not super happy with it. Doesn't help that I think it's a scan from the german corebook or something, but the major one is that it's more or less monochrome, and all the other books go from colour to greyscale when they're disabled.

Thoughts, opinions, contact details of an art nerd that'll do stuff for free?

It is a neat idea but don't do that. Or make it optional.

The plan is more or less to have it toggled on by default, but make it switch back to the checkbox style with an appropriate option. Mostly it's being used as a proof-of-concept for some other stuff in the backend.

Hey Yekka:

Using the newest version of Chummer, I just got a crash when trying to add 'Sensor (Drone)' to a MCT Fly-Spy. I tried to send a report, but the crash handler also suffered an error while collecting information. Thought you ought to know.

>write script for movie/TV show/TV movie based on one or more of your runs
>change names, corps involved and locations for the sake of discretion
>sell script through several proxies to Horizon
Is this a good and/or profitable idea?

Why would they buy a script for a shadowrun when Horizon already actually records shadowrun teams live?

Good point. You think I should be selling scripts to indie producers?

So let's hypothetically say that coleman gets fired (ha, fat chance) and a successor is to be found
You have been allowed to chose the new CEO of CGL
who do you chose, and why?

So I started playing Shadowrun a week ago with some dudes from a Veeky Forums gamefinder thread. We've had two sessions so far, set it Miami. Since I like getting creative with stuff, I decided to play a mage with the staple spells (Heal, Increased Reflexes, etc.) and whatever ones I could that seemed to be the most versatile.
One of those spells was Influence.
So, first session was mostly roleplaying our team meeting for the first time and getting a plan in the works for our first run. The goal is a data courier who's gone off the grid. We find he's been working for some gang in a relief centre as a cyberdoc, so we decide to go in and scope the place out.
Second session is about 3 hours of our face trying to fast-talk his way through his clever plan without being shot in the head. He tried to recruit a rival gang to lend assistance and spooked them a bit. Once we finally brought them over to our side (by which I mean we convinced them not to kill us on the condition that they get the doc once we get our paydata), we rolled up in our armoured van to snatch the guy.
These gangers were quite well armed, and had rocket launchers, which would've caused problems. After 3 or more hours of Shadowrun Face Adventures, this is where I come in:
>get the rigger to use a drone to scout me a path to a ganger from a third gang who has a rocket launcher without me being visible to their overwatch spirits in the sky
>memorise the route
>astrally project
>zip over to him in half a second
>hit him with a Force 5 Influence, 5 hits
>his directive: "Blow up some Black Foxes"

Continued...

Jordan Weisman

Cont...
Three minutes of typing later, the GM sends us this message:
"Far away, a ganger with a long matte black rocket launcher slung over his shoulder leans over the side of a brand-new stolen Horizon milspec ship. In his drug-addled mind, a small string of mana winds itself around his weary synapses and sets of a chain reaction leading to the formation of an idea: blow up some Black Foxes.
He discusses this with the ship's captain who agrees, and they change course for Black Fox borders. Naturally at the sighting of what is blatantly a Fuckpig ship, the Black Fox coast guard raises the alarm and opens machine fire on the approaching ship. A rocket with "FuCKPigg FUKKyeAH" scrawled on it wipes the coast guard's life short and sprays them into the morning sky along a shockwave, raining fire and falling debris down below
The Black Fox is called into action, the Fuckpigs have made a major act of aggression for no apparent reason as they so often do. The Fuckpigs on their milspec ship suddenly realise they're being attacked, and radio back to HQ requesting aid with holding back against the Black Fox attack."

I managed to spark a large scale gang war with one spell, just to use as a decoy.

I fucking love magic.

Folks responsible for german editions

>I managed to spark a large scale gang war with one spell, just to use as a decoy.
Welcome to the shadows, omae.

>>astrally project
>>zip over to him in half a second
>>hit him with a Force 5 Influence, 5 hits
This only works if they're dual natured / astrally perceiving at the time, or you can materialise like a spirit.

>Veeky Forums gamefinder thread
How long ago did you get recruited?

Yeah, I thought that, but my GM said mana spells can be cast while projecting and let it happen, and I hadn't played before, so I rolled with it.

About a month. I posted saying that I'd take literally any system just to break the curse of forever GM, and the GM contacted me on Discord.

Since the illegal ownership transfer rules are a flaming pile of drek that make theft next to impossible, what are some good houserules you guys have found?

>inb4 it's easy just use this incredibly resource-intensive and unreliable method of rules-lawyering
>inb4 just don't steal anything lol
I'm not looking for people to tell me how to play. I'm looking for houserules to make theft work in shadowrun 5e.

Well in the group I was in my character had good contact with a Russian smuggler group who were more then happy too take our hot goods, we got paid only a fraction of what they were worth but we got rid of shit quick and easy. Cheeki breeki.

Protip #1: Stealing things becomes way easier when you can get them into a faraday cage before the owner notices the items are missing.
Protip #2: Your fence probably has a faraday cage for the specific purpose of hiding stolen shit from its real owner until ownership has been transferred.
Protip #3: You know who never notices when someone takes their stuff? Dead people.
Protip #4: Don't forget to fry the RFID tags.

Have your Face fence whatever you steal to your fixer/black market contact/... presto, buy untraceable goods with the money!

Less money; but one major pile less hassle as well, omae!

>mana spells can be cast while projecting a
They can, but they stay on the astral plane

>Protip #2: Your fence probably has a faraday cage for the specific purpose of hiding stolen shit from its real owner until ownership has been transferred.
This is not how transferring ownership works. You need a matrix connection. #3 is recommended, unless the ownership is corporate.

>Protip #4: Don't forget to fry the RFID tags.
If you want to be more convinced, get a blueprint first, and keep your tag eraser plugged into a charger while you go. One pass with a tag eraser often isn't enough to fry anything, and they only hold enough charge for one pass.

Protip #3 is very Sound advice.

Our Group accidentally more-or-less killed half a dozen gangers we wanted to milk for Infos.
One of the dead ones had a car, he didn't seem to mind me taking it.

>This is not how transferring ownership works. You need a matrix connection.
You need a Hardware toolkit, some time and a very good dicepool for Hardware+Logic. There's no rule saying you can't make that extended check while inside a Faraday cage.

1. read the German version
2. check the errata

I'm looking at the errata right now and it says nothing about the illegal ownership transfer rules.