/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General XXVIII

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Horus Heresy Book 7: Inferno delayed into the Age of Strife edition
Filter !!7XgWMYDRj1y sub edition

Last thread was pretty crap, but some noobs were helped. The validity of volkites not being free was questioned, and some bunnehs were posted. We tried to fix the Cerberus which fell into disaster. More in the red link yonder >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BdHzsc_5ac
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/699931.page
reddit.com/r/Warhammer30k/comments/5p6bqf/just_finished_my_if_contemptor_dreadnought/
youtube.com/watch?v=OR_Yh_Ynvko&t=280s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How long can FW continue to release knight heads and ignore HH?

>People complaining about Magnus not being released yet and papa Sang being too far out
>Meanwhile Dorn and Alpharius models are not even announced

Yeah cause its not like TSons fans have had to wait for anything yet is it?

;^)

Knight heads are very important part of HH user, FW cannot and will not ignore them.

As long as they like really.
They make what they want to make, as far as I'm aware.

THIS! I want an Alpharius in full regalia to add to my collection (I've got plenty of other Alpharius).

Guess FW thinks all we crave is more Imprerial Knight heads

>mfw they're not even good knight heads like the plastic ones and the Cerastus ones

for the n00bs:
youtube.com/watch?v=9BdHzsc_5ac

There are a bunch of these 3-5 minute 30k/40k tactics tips.

V and VI are alright.
The others are terrible though.

I remember faggots trying to claim crunch tank shocks where the unit was destroyed even without a leadership check due to nowhere to run wasn't a thing when GW first started doing facebook FAQs.

Tank Shocks should force dangerous terrain checks on those that they run over/force to fall back.
Also, if you pass the leadership, you don't move.

You're not allowed to surf enemy tanks.

>pass tank shock check
>hop on top of the fucker that was trying to run you over
>its occupant was already on top of the tank because that's what most people do to show which squad is in which transport
>commence train-top sword fight

Awesome, a new game sub-phase just like dogfighting.

Any of the BL-fags that visit this thread got/read the new Russ/Magnus books? Anything new in them?

Only read a summary, there's some mention of Dark Angels, I suppose there's not a lot of new stuff as the incident's already been familiar.

Got me 2 games of ZM in with my Death Guard today, a win and a loss. Sniper vets are pretty much the sex and contemptor cortus talons are cheap and I5 or Rage on the charge is sexier. Who want some pics?

Why are ZM players almost always DG?

The LE Russ book scan was posted awhile ago. Magnus looks like it's still on pre-order.

Russ book deals with the cause of the fued with the Lion and the fight itself.

So I have just finished Praetorian of Dorn, and I have major question. Also major spoiler ahead.

Who the fuck did Dorn kill in the ending? For most of the book, we were led to believe that Alpha Legion could truly swap legionaries with Alpharius. But in the end all that stuff about Omegon feeling alone would suggest that Alpharius was really killed (also light show when he died, a bit like Ferrus).
Also in conjecture with Eskrador happening, where Alpharius (or maybe Omegon, or maybe legionnaire posing as him) could this mean that Alpha Legion is really without primarch at all?

Alpharius is dead

DG is just my latest army user, done DA, NL, WE and have a shitload of dark mech on the burn as well.

Delegatus on 1 wound managed to break and run down a vet sqaud for a laugh though.

Alpharius is dead. Omegon is alive and he is the AL Primarch. They dealt with the swapping of primach and marines earlier in the book. The whole bit about Dorn knowing who is who, it was pretty much laid out that Dorn could not be fooled by the AL shell game.

You are.
>If an enemy unit other than another vehicle is reached, that enemy unit must take a morale check [...] If the test is passed, the unit simply lets the Tank move through as if it were not there.

>move through
>through

You retarded?

?

>Also, if you pass the leadership, you don't move.
Where was I wrong?

The surfing part.

Moving through is not surfing.

delete this.

Alpharius is alive. ALIVE!

>Magnus is dead.’ ‘No, Jaghatai, he is not. You know he is not. You met him yourself, on Prospero.’ ‘I met a shade.’ ‘One of many. The Crimson King has been broken, shattered like a mirror thrown in anger. It began when he breached the wards on Terra, and it was ended by the Wolf’s wrath. No, Jaghatai, he is not dead. He has become legion.’

>Oh, there were crimes.’ The giant leaned forward, closer, keeping the flame cupped tight. ‘I tried to cure you. I reached out, and I was answered. And then I had to warn my Father…’ His lone eye suddenly lit up, and the flame flickered into greater life. ‘But that broke me. I am not what you think.’ ‘You are the Crimson King.’ ‘No. He is gone. All that remain are… aspects.’

>'We are on Terra,’ said the giant, lifting his chin. ‘That is where I came, to warn my Father. The rest of me went back, but I remained.'

Why does Black Library enjoy removing the tragedy and drama from the important events of the Horus Heresy? These quotes are from The Last Son of Prospero which I just got around to reading. And it the end it means Magnus duel against Russ, perhaps THE seminal moment for the two Primarchs, actually has Magnus as already 'sharded' and weakened. Doesnt that make the event so much more epic right guys? R..right?

Well was the first and only person to mention surfing tonks, who isn't me.
And if you use your imagination, a tank moving through a unit and the unit surfing the tank are the same thing.

>It began when he breached the wards on Terra, and it was ended by the Wolf’s wrath
It's pretty clearly talking about how the chain of events that lead to Magnus' sharding started with the Breaching of the Wards.

Yes. Obviously?

Nigga, Magnus always had handicaps in that dues. He was surrounded by sisters, didn't want to fight Russ who had two wolves helping him, bunch of other shit and Russ still only won because he managed to blind him.

Adding another layer of handicap to Magnus doesn't change much.

So he wasn't sharded during the duel? Like what was talking about?

You dont feel that Russ beating up the handicapped kid cheapens the event at all?

>The rest of me went back, but I remained.'
No. In fact my complaint was that that didnt happen user.

Not really? Magnus was always handicapped in that fight.

Granted, i see Magnus as being stronger than standard Primarch, given that he can fight fleets head on and still win, so for me him having to be handicapped for that fight to be doable is par of course.

>Alpharius and Omegon

2 many hairs.

That's clearly Omegon and Alpharius.

Magnus was always at a disadvantage 1vs1 his soldiers after the unification and before the BoP were always the best, it's just they were so few in number.
Magnus is the lion, Russ is a pack of wolves, or Magnus is Churchill and Russ is Ataturk with his zergrush waves

The solution to our problems. Whenever you make a new bread post this, as the first post after OP.
AWG is cancer, but complaining about him here spreads the cancer, so ignore him here but bitch about him in the 40k channel of the discord. I know this gives him a victory, but he won't change his ways so it is useless to try

>no AWG drama in the thread as yet
>"I know, let's talk about AWG"
Dude, no.

What is using radio therapy on a benign tumour, anyway he's asleep so shouldn't have to worry about his response

Well, that was unexpected. Well done that man.

Nice yellow. How did you achieve it?

>EXCUSE ME BROTHER FORGELORD, THE IRON WARRIORS HAVE SCRAWLED ON MY SCROLL, CAN I GET A NEW ONE?
>>That's the 5th one this week, I wish you'd just kill the one with the magic marker first when you get into CQC
>HE'S VERY DODGY

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/699931.page
Hey guys just wanted to share my blog here, what tips do you guys have

You haven't been following the tips of St. Duncan of the Many Layers, have you user?

Neat, I'd been wondering whether saurus shields would work on salamanders, or if they'd be too small/look goofy. Always nice to find someone else has taken the risk first.

Generally, I think you maybe haven't got the knack of getting the paint quite the right consistency yet - sometimes it looks a bit thick and sometimes it looks a bit streaky - but I think that'll come with practice. As the other user says, might be worth looking up some tutorials. Darn good greenstuffing though.

No idea but it looks airbrushed or maybe I have airbrushing on my mind, I still have 30 yellow marine to basecoat and paint in the next 5 days.
I stole it from reddit.com/r/Warhammer30k/comments/5p6bqf/just_finished_my_if_contemptor_dreadnought/

Be careful with your purity seals user, take a look at , the only way the purity seals swishing behind him makes sense is if he had scratched his ass before suddenly jerking the shield arm up.

Is that the image you want your opponents to have?

>every single comment in the thread is praising his finger painting
I get that other forums are hugboxes but how can this shit be acceptable in an age when easy to find, easy to follow, high quality tutorials are available from official sources?

>these fuckers are falling for the bait
At least you're providing criticism

Those are two Silonii
Holy shit, is that the effect of too many cosmetic surgeries, or is it too much inbreeding?

Daily reminder that only 13 alphariuses remain until the weekender where we are 100% guaranteed to get Inferno and every single model featured in the book and the iron havocs and the siege tyrants and the lernean terminators and everything else too

What exactly are you expecting? Magnus was written able to vaporize and hulk smash ork gargants like they ain't nothing.

Crippled with handicaps is the only way he wouldn't just flick a magical booger at Russ and annihilate him.

Blame BL for making him so ridiclous.

They'll probably be out after Inferno.

That is a time period of anywhere between after Inferno release date and the heat-deaht of the galaxy. Not very specific, so that's a prediction anyone could make

Then we'll have to use time travel to go to post-Inferno and bring it back to us.

Whatdo you think of my list:

Ultramarines, 1850 points

Rite of war: Orbital Assault

=== HQ ===

Delegatus : Masterwork Legatine Axe, Artificier Armor, Refractor Field, Melta Bomb +++ 130

Master of Signal : Artificier Armor, Refractor Field +++ 115

=== ELITES ===

Invictarus Suzerain Squad (5) +++ 200

Legion Terminator Squad (5) : 5 Combi-Meltas, 1 Chainfist +++ 220

=== TROOPS ===

Tactical Squad (10) : Artificier Armor, Meltabomb, Power Weapon +++ 150
Drop Pod +++ 35

Tactical Squad (10) : Artificier Armor, Meltabomb, Power Weapon +++ 150
Drop Pod +++ 35

Tactical Support Squad (5) : Artificier Armor, 5 Meltaguns, Meltabomb +++ 190
Drop Pod +++ 35

Tactical Support Squad (5) : Artificier Armor, 5 Meltaguns, Meltabomb +++ 190
Drop Pod +++ 35

=== FAST ATTACK ===

Dreadclaw Drop Pod +++ 115

Fire Raptor : Armoured Ceramite, Autocannons, Hellstrike Missiles +++ 250

Master of Signal rides with a support squad, Delegatus with the Suzerain.

Or FW could go lazy and let GW do a plastic release. Not bothering with a sculpt because their designers don't want to work on stuff they consider too boring.

Anons, I have a confession to make, but I have a suspicion that some of you feel the same way

I really don't like using resin. I just don't like it at all. I don't understand why it's acceptable to pay £110 for a Spartan that doesn't even fit together properly and requires various green stuff, hot water and blow drying just so I can construct the model which doesn't seem to look as good as the plastics.

I'm not having a go at people using full resin, or saying that plastic is better and the only way to go, but why do we jump on people who don't want to pay huge sums of money for poor quality products?

Is resin a status thing?

Because if you don't use resin, Anonymous will call you a faggot.

It's the resin supremacists groups that are keeping the resin market going and keep the plastics down.

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the boarding shields? I'm going to sculpt some myself, but a reference would be extremely useful.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, and I've read Deathfire by Nick Kyme.

Have a look at pop goes the monkey on shapeways. He has a ton of custom boarding shields and the have dimensions at the bottom.

Is that the size of all the shields together?

Nobody?

I would assume so, the shields cover a marine, not a full sized Contemptor Dreadnought.
So that will likely be the size of the entire sprue.

I dislike how a full Invictarii deathstar of AP2@I4 can fit in mere 35pts of deepstriking transport.

There are a lot of aspects in model sculpting that's not possible or feasible in plastic. If you've ever seen an ornate kit such as Death Korps of Krieg, Solar Auxilia or Phoenix Terminators up close in person, you understand what I mean.
The sheer amount of miniscule details, sharp edges and three-dimensionality is not physically possible with plastic injection. Over the years GW have utilized and perfected multiple creative techniques and design decisions to avoid or obscure the shortcomings of plastic, which makes them hard to notice nowadays without being aware of them and directly comparing them to high quality resin sculpts.

There's also the manufacturing aspect of it, plastic injection needs to be used for mass production and sell large quantities to be profitable, while resin can be used for making and selling 10 copies a year while still making a profit.
For example, it's perfectly viable for FW to sell Iron Warriors MkIII shoulder pads which is an upgrade kit for one specific armour type of one specific legion in one specific supplement of one specific game. Trying to do the same with plastic injection would be economic suicide, and it's mostly thanks to resin that we're able to have so many legion-specific kits and so many unique vehicles and weapons.

I completely agree with you that it's stupidly expensive and an absolute cunt to work with, but I see it as a necessary sacrifice of money, time and effort to get a beautiful and unique end result.

Have you read Furious Abyss?

They have no way of actually buying a regular drop pod tho

Wait I got it wrong, they cannot buy a drop pod, that's what the dreadclaw is for.
Because their regular transport is a LR

God that book was bad.

Correct. Any other criticism?

If you have any flashbacks just listen to this to ease the pain. youtube.com/watch?v=OR_Yh_Ynvko&t=280s It will probably help.

This is the most quality post I've seen on /hhg/ in a long time.

I love resin when is a infantry model, I think the details show up better. But I'm with you, resin vehicles and other big miniatures are a pain in the ass and look crumpy.

2.6cm by 1.7cm. That's the shields from the boarding shield upgrade set, not the (silly looking) breacher shields

I don't honestly have a keen enough eye for detail to notice or care if FW resin is actually higher quality than the newer GW kits, so I'll stay out of that argument. However, I'd like to point out the 6 different plastic upgrade sprues GW has produced in the past few years for 40K, 4 different chapters, deathwatch, and the genestealer cults, that include the usual 10 shoulderpads and some other bits as well. While certainly not as expansive as FW's upgrade kits, they do seem to be an option GW is willing to support.

If plastic casting is only profitable in large number then I wonder what the treshold is, as there have been numerous plastic kits that were limited edition by now (like the anniversary marine)

As yellow-clad as my Byzantine monks.
Chaos-preventing scientific-progress distraction as it was, do you think the Emperor's version of the Imperial Truth could have gotten as flashy as this, or would it be contained in the individual minds of the population and enjoyed in education and research centers?

Holy Wisdom - Sancta Sophia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia

Up to a year or two ago I'd have agreed about the greater detail of resin, but it seems GW have really got their shit together in terms of the detail on their plastic (it's rumoured they have invested in some new machines). I'd say stuff like the new skitarii have just as much fine detail as you'll find on resin models.

Fully agree about economies of scale though.

It all depends on the size of a sprue, bigger sprue means bigger mould and those are quite expensive to machine. Small sprues like the blister-sized are probably also not as demanding in term of the injection machine.
That's just guesswork as I'm not familiar with their production process, but I had been working on a plastic injection machine for few months.

I think maybe the research centers would be a thing. That sounds like something the Imperium would have done.

Even though they're upgrade sprues, they're still mass produced. GSC and DW sprues are packed into IG and SM kits respectively to be sold as new units, and UM/BA/DA/SW are probably GW's 4 most popular armies across all their range, so I'm assuming it's an experiment to see how profitable plastic upgrade kits can be. Before they got rid of finecast, almost all of their upgrade kits were resin/metal for similar reasons to FW.

Did I hear some-one mention my name

:^)

GOD DAMNIT FABIUS!

Eh, it sounds like a small fraction of him was on Terra, and that may have been the only "shard" until Russ broke him into the other 99 pieces.

Unless he's saying that all of those tutelaries were already Magnus-shards.

In either case, that's his psychic self. I don't see that impacting his physical abilities when he fought Russ. You might be overthinking it.

I actually see painting skill progress in that forum thread. The flash isn't helping, but there's hope.

Looks alright, really. Not that anyone plays 1850pt games... that's a 40k number. I'd drop some wargear to get a seventh deep striking unit (jetbikes or javelin?) so you can get 4 units on turn 1.

Only DropPods count for Drop Pod assault though, and I got 5 pods

Some of you are dense.
I said I would try a few days with no trip, even used a pictured post with WITNESS ME on it to signify it.