Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Aeldari shit at 6pm GMT edition

Old Aeldari shit: >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware the Aharlequinsi)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

third for the Waaaaagh!

>tfw want to buy more space marines but also kind of want to start a new army because we have so many meq armies locally
>tfw broke
Just kill me now fampai

True third for Commoragh!

Holy fuck we got first but still fucked up. Oh that's great, isn't it?

>Orks can't even get going first right

This isn't new at all.

Cypher?!

>third
ror
Eighth for the four armed emperor!

Cadia Stands!

just a generic fallen, m80

cypher's got dualies

user we cant uprise right now we gotta wait for more reinforcements

>Order 2 FW plague marine conversion kits from FW
>finally get it
>nearly all the spikes on the top of the helmets are broken

Help

Call them and complain.

>chaos
>nurgle
Run with it my man
But i rolled a six...

Or the bolter carries it in its holster

Lets say in order to raise the stakes, they gonna kill off one of the major Craftworlds in the next book. Which Craftworld it's going be?

>When you're pessimistic about going first but you seize the initiative.

Saim Hann ;^}

Yriel?

So, dumb rules question that came up the other day, Veeky Forums. One player was playing Chaos, and running the Cyclopia Cabal formation which allows him to take over a non-vehicle unit and fire one of its weapons. The other player was playing Tyranids, and running Biovores.

The Cyclopia Cabal possessed a Biovore, and tried to make it finish off a unit of gants. Dice being dice, the resulting blast missed completely, and so a spore mine was supposed to be placed.

Who controls the resulting spore mine? Is it the Tyranid player, because it was his unit, or the Chaos player, because it was his shooting?

>daily reminder that FW quality is superior and resin is best
>only plebs use plastic

Sorry can't charge anymore we gotta wait while the PDF's shoot at us

Iyanden, they also add in a rule where you can only take one unit of Wraithboners.

Should be Iyanden.

no, it's literally a concept piece for a generic fallen dude in one of those 40k games I never bothered checking out

cypher never draws the sword on his person

>meta full of Dark Angel players
>Run cypher in every game to make them all mad
Good idea or greatest idea?

All that will do is encourage them, since you're playing a game that makes logical sense with their fluff. I don't see why fighting the enemies they want to fight will make them mad.

Yes. Greatest idea.

If I have a Warboss with a finkin cap is lektork a good name for him

Is a diego gisbert llorens artwork commission for games workshop (for Eternal Crusade MMO)
name: The fallen angel

Only if you can ensure he'll live, because he'll shift the focus of the game over to his survival, and a lot of DAfags play highly mobile armies these days. Don't take him just because, take him because he can fit into your army.

>grr I hate fluffy battles
GSC without hybrids/stealers + cypher and some fallen would be a fucking cool army

Yes
but GW reuses a lot
;)

Entirely ignoring the RaW, it only makes sense for it to be Tyranid controlled. The spore mind is still a Tyranid bio-weapon homing in on non-Tyranid life signs and being directed by the Hive Mind.

Nth for Bingo!

So what good are the castellan formations, anyway? I look at them, and all I can see is the ability to cherry-pick without unit taxes, which you get in return for not having any good command abilities. They're impressive-looking, don't get me wrong, I just don't see how they fit in a game with infinite formations already available.

Good if you want allies but already have two other detachments in your army.

Nothing limits you from having 4+ detachments in your army, though?

Respawning troops is a fun gimmick. Fielding a multi-faction army within one detachment is the main goal.
They suffer from just not being as powerful as the existing bullshit formations. Grand Convocation especially is completely overshadowed by WarConvo.

This is an ITC houserule and competitively speaking Castellans isn't something you can just slot into a list what with its double CAD tax, which lacks even ObSec without Coteaz.

Forgot to add:
>if you're playing ITC

Otherwise it doesn't really matter.

Coteaz gives the whole thing ObSec for 100 points, which opens up your possibilities quite nicely. It only counts as one detachment for detachment for detachment limits, and would allow you to take: Inq w/ servo skulls, Assassin, Sisters, SM for instance, while only taking one detachment/formation slot

Could someone help me, how many models approximately would I need to make a decent mechanized veteran army for Astra Militarum at 750-1000 points? Possibly with a Deatwatch squad attached

>using resin instead of glorious metal minis
newfag

All space marines should be in one codex

>CCS in a Chimera with at least 2 special weapons
>Veteran squad in Chimera with at least 2 special weapons
>add more Veteran squads with the same loadout until you run out of points
Alternatively, Emperor's Blade does exactly the same thing and gives a good formation bonus that is viable over Objective Secured.

>allies
Make points for them or don't. If you really want so swag out the DW team you're going to have to drop a Vet squad though.

That man looks like he is about to strangle the life out that child

>Fielding a multi-faction army within one detachment is the main goal.
Why is this a goal worth pursuing?
Ah. now, this is a goal worth pursuing.
Life advice: Get a drop pod for the deathwatch and give them at least 1, possibly more, frag cannons.

>FW
>metal
Nice one

How strong is the Ravenwing in the current meta?
Are they good allies for my SoB army?
Let's say they constitute 700 pts out of a 2000pts list

I haven't played 40k since Ed 4. Can I have some dank up to date 40kg memes so I can "Hello fellow kids" please

>Why is this a goal worth pursuing?
You assume GW designs detachments/formations to be worthwhile and not just to be fluffy.

I would not discard it, gw will skips the fluff when he wants.

>FW
>ever

>t. poorfag

Ravenwing are disgusting if built right
You'll eventually just want to play them instead of sisters

tl;dr take what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate. Download everything. You can field anything together, to varying degrees of success. Pic related, it's a single army list.

Formations are the New Thing. You take a specific group of models, and in return you get a specific bonus. This can be from the trivial (A lot of Chaos get to reroll attacks on the first round of assault) to absurd (Eldar now run 6" a turn and can shoot before or after doing so).

It's god-tier for just fielding Fun-oriented casual games. Like if you just want to run 30 ROUGH RIDERS and field a GLORIOUS CAVALRY CHARGE across the table.

Just imagine it as a mixed-unit Melee oriented army. I brought 3 different units that all benefit massively from HATRED. Honour Guard, an Eversor Assassin, and Rough Riders. All of which got into melee since I know what I'm doing, and they all did a terrifying amount of damage.

It's not competitive, but then again I don't play competitive anyway, and it certainly suits my style of just playing for fun with other like-minded people.

Yeup. Hell, even two codices would be an improvement at this point. One for all the Codex Marines, and one for all the Non-codex marines.

We got more multifaction books now, so maybe in the future.

New Imperial Guard codex when?

Spore mines are under your control, the chaos player only has control of the biovore, not anything the biovore produces if it misses as the power only works on the targeted unit. Also the spore mine technically has no weapons so a no on that front too.

>entire army of just giant monsters

These giant models are ruining GW's games

>Eldar now run 6" a turn
The army is almost universally Fleet, so this is less impactful than you make it out to be
>and can shoot before or after doing so
They can do this anyway.
Given the tax of the Craftworld Warhost and the loss of Objective Secured, you're usually better off with an Eldar CAD unless you're embracing the meme of bringing four Wraithknights to a game.

Can't make small models anymore, they're a choking hazard for kids after all.

I kind of wanted to have the Deatwatch dakka across the board while the vets ride around in their pitiful metal bawxes. Also, just vets in chimeras? No support or anything?

You just got a whole Cadia update in Mont'ka.

A-user whats a cadia?

>using pleb tier GW metals instead of glorious FW resins with thousand times folded details

Hahaha nice meme, but why not try reading the actual book before posting next time?

The Guard broke frequently. Some even joined the other side.

never; but expect a new Astra Miliaturm book within a few years

no one important, Biel-Tan will be fine but idk about the other ones.

>Cadia's debris becomes a faction
>GW sells boxes filled with literal rocks

>Biel-Tan
>important
I never got why they were ever even the posterboys. So what if they're fuckhuge? They rarely do anything worthwhile and are often disliked even by the other Craftworlds.

a section of land in northern Canada that used to be filled with french people that were forced to move to a swamp cause they just wouldn't stop being french.

How do I Ravenwing right, user?

>t. chinaman

why is striking scoripions so good at painting, but so shit at making compelling batreps

>few years
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a riptide stamping on a human face - for a few years"
I hope they nerf the fuck out of MCs or add some mechanic to strip multiple wounds from MCs without having to go to Str D weapons.

Why would Chinaman recommend buying from FW?
Why would he assert that the only people complaining about FW are poorfags?

>some mechanic to strip multiple wounds from MCs
Grav, Psychic Screech and the Torsion Cannon called, they're sick of your shit my dude.

Well the Warhammer Twitch is live again for people who wanna see it for free.

> What is a LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHT
Severing cut called, it would like to remind you of the Leviathan's ability to put up to 20 wounds on something in a single round of combat.

his voice suggests mega autism

>nerf Tyranid's more
O-okay user all we wanted was to love you

Some formations or alternate detachments are alright. Like, I like the Corsair Raiding Detachment that Forgeworld made, because it's fluffy as fuck, has a cool theme behind it all, and has some amusing disadvantages to go alongside the advantages: You have your pirate prince, gathering one or more pirate bands, and while each pirate band gets a specific bonus of choice (non-random, think about that GW!), each pirate band treats each other as Allies of Convenience, as they normally would squabble without the Prince unifying them for a mission.

The Pale Courts Host is pretty cool in terms of "customization", even though it does have the unfortunate side effect of letting you do "3 Warp Spiders as Core, 3 Warp Spiders as Auxiliaries."

The big issue is when the formations are "All Tax, No Benefit" (Any Daemonkin formation that is not a Gorepack), or "No Tax, All Benefit" (Riptide Wing, Heralds Anarchic, etc).

Acadians would end up in Louisiana and from that day forward became Cajun. :themoreyouknow

Oh, nevermind, it's just some dumb Sigmar tourny.

>Why would Chinaman recommend buying from FW?

He's suggesting you buy FW products from him, so that China will grow larger.

>Why would he assert that the only people complaining about FW are poorfags?

Because they're just jelly that they can't afford FW models, not because there's anything wrong with FW products.

You have to take this one for the team to stop the Tau menace.

too much editing and building up fluff for his battlereports

get more instant death, most MCs aren't that tough. Hell my Keepers of secrets or princes tend to get punked easily as any vehicle.

might be the paint job. on most of their model boxes it's Saim-Hann now. fluff wise i think they do a lot. Though Eldrad is Ulthwe so they probably do more.

I love these cute nid pics.

I know right? Cause I already love losing a Tervigon turn 1 from a mixture of bad luck and mass missile spams because everyone knows my MC's save for the Tyranoffex has a 3+ save. Lets just move those fuckers to the shelf where they belong already.

I whole-heartedly agree. Bringing one or two in a bigger game is fine, though.

>tfw when wanting to play pure Imperial Guard
>tfw when all those fancy toys and rules are out of my reach

I guess I have to whore myself out to the other forces of the Imperium.
Adeptus Mechanicus maybe?

Craftworld commoragh

You get Primaris Psykers and Astropaths, you have Psychic Shriek no problem.
Grav is a cancer that should not spread.