Stocks

Can we have an investment thread?

Recently started investing large amounts of money and was wondering what stocks you guys own or watch?

>>>/stox/

i just buy broad indices, VOO/VXUS/VT

i hold stock in funko and dpw ive had huge gains in dpw plan on hodl to see where it goes

I invested in a stock two months ago. Since then it mooned and I've seen absolutely insane gains thanks to it. It's up a whopping 3.4%. I'm asking how is this even sustainable...

muh IRA is a blend of a bunch of semiconductor related stocks (FSELX). Up 34.8% YTD, 40.5% 1yr, 24.5% 3yr, 30.0% 5 yr, 13.9% 10 yr.

Thx for buying NVIDIA, Bitcoin miners.

Look at the Canadian national railway, Tesla, and United States steel

rocketed BIG time last year, made a yearly 17% profit. Insane

I bought about $5000 worth of Chipotle at $270.
Stock is one of the best ones to take advantage of the tax bill. I'm hoping it will hit over $350. Currently $312. Some think it is going to $400.

scla

bitcoin miners don't buy GPUs you dunce

imagine if you put all that money in TRX. 150% gains in 3 days nigga

Overstock had a nice pump last week.

My favorite buy.

>Not Investing in Cryptos

Don't be dumb nigger, investing in stocks is for the old timers who can't get with the times and don't understand new technology.

Keep following and remain a corporate slave forever.

You're a fool. Look at the charts for some of the Canadian marijuana companies this year. Crypto isn't the only thing putting in 2x, 5x, 10x gains this year. In fact, 80% of my portfolio is weed stocks right now (20% crypto) because it's easier to move money in and out of my brokerage account than it is to do so through the crypto exchanges.

Feb Options on spy out of the money. Hold for 4 weeks. Rich.

What stocks?

Cannabis
Cobalt, and
Blockchain

Portfolio is 340% over 2 years

The top traded weed stocks as of Friday. Keep in mind these are the TSX titles. Most if not all call be purchased through US brokerages as well (not Robinhood):

>ACB
>APH
>FIRE
>THCX
>OGI
>WEED
>EMH
>IN
>ICC
>MGW
>LEAF
>CMED
>and the marijuana ETF, HMMJ.

This does not include many of the smaller sub $2 stocks in related industries like chemical extraction, indoor growing equipment, greenhouse manufacturers and so on. There are big gains to be had in those if you want to risk it (and I do and have and will continue to).

What's your portfolio look like rn

>tfw NEETs have made 340% in the last week all in on crypto

At the moment I am invested in FFT, ISOL, ACB, ATT, and N (Namaste Technologies Inc).

Have been swing trading a lot of the others.

I made 100 percent in last 20 hours lol

I'm mostly in pharma and biotech stocks. This sector is not doing well ever since trump's election because of ambiguity in certain policies. Tax reform is the big one, if it gets passed, that's great for me.
It's a bit more work but you get hefty returns in comparison to the broader market. By more work, I mean you need to understand the science behind whatever drug/treatment is being developed.
These stocks tend to bleed or trade flat until a binary event comes, which is what I like. I find a co. with a good drug candidate and short them throughout the trials. Prices only move up on news. However, after the phase 2 trial starts I stop shorting and go long.
The goal with biotechs is to get acquired by a large pharmaceutical company, which always happens at a premium if the drug works in trials. Typical premium is between 300-1,000%.
However the trials take a long time (can be years) and if it fails a trial it can plunge the share price down 50% or more.

In bios I did ~750% last year, this year I'm currently at 195%. Most of that is crypto. My bios won't pop until middle of 2018.

Crypto is going to replace the stock market. TOKENIZE EVERYTHING

So I'm an ancient 31 year old. I want to leverage what little time left I have on this earth by focusing my money on stock shares that pay off steady dividends and reinvesting the dividends back into the stock in order to create a compounding effect.

What are some good dividends paying stocks to start with? What are the key things to look out for when picking a stock that pays dividends?

AMRS has been shilled a lot in the robinhood threads.

I got a second more basic question: Where is the best place to see a compnay's entire break down of things like # of shares, revenue, free cash flow, etc. without having to thumb through the compelete white papers of each company.

What do you use? Yahoo financial? Google? etc. Thanks in advance

>stocks

We need a separate board for all the retro investment fags, like how retro gaming has it's own board for grandpas who can't let go of the past.

It should be called /bizr/ Retro Business & Finance

if you're working you should go for more growth stocks than dividend plays, for tax reasons. anyways $DIV/$SDIV are ETFs you may want to check out if you want to go that route.