Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ancient monuments edition. What great works have you discovered from an age lost to legend and myth?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66858/the-sleeping-goddess
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66894/way-of-the-wicked (now allowing occultists!)

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/age-resistance
youtube.com/watch?v=B1xxqPE4I4g
youtu.be/DHSwvtHFsOU
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1015013
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/explosive-missile
docs.google.com/document/d/1IT47F8KrUddFT4PxuhozLA6XM41tPItYI0kJKNKzFpk/edit?usp=drivesdk
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a good general.
I approve.

Didn't Jolly say it was fine to take down Legendary Kineticists 2 because it was at the closing stages of development?

What's your favorite set of feat tax rules?

I like the one in the pastebin. Mammoth in the room or what ever it is called.

Reasking this

>Anyone else here back the Interface Zero 2.0 for PF on Kickstarter? Any ideas on when we're supposed to be getting the PDF of it?

Which one? There is no mammoth in there

Same

I hope this doesn't devolve in "bad house rules because *blank" shit posting

I want one that just gives a set of free feats instead of changing around how everything works. It'd be way easier to keep track of, you know?

Mostly the compression ones.
>Vital Strike is now one scaling feat
>TWF is now one scaling feat
>PA/DA have always been one scaling feat
>Crossbow damage is upped one size category across the board, without counting as a virtual size increase, so as to not block actual virtual size increases.

My main gripe about Elephant in the Room is that it doesn't go far enough in one or two places: the biggest example is merging precise and point blank shot instead of just giving everyone precise shot.

As it is, it still means anyone who wants to use ranged attack rolls still has it as a mandatory pick, even if they don't want to further invest in archery.

Does that fix crossbows? Would it be okay to just treat them as bows?

This one michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Well my current GM has the following ones without changing how a single feat works:
>Power attack, deadly aim, that close ranged feat that gives you bonuses at close range (can't remember the name), combat expertise, piranha strike and TWF (all versions) are free if you meet the prequisites for them

Me thinks that this one's pretty good.

What are some ways one can reverse the aging process, either permanently or temporarily, and what levels are they possible at? It needs to be something that's got a long duration if it isn't permanent and it has to be a physical change, not an illusion of some kind.

I have a game coming up and I want to play a nasty old crone witch that constantly brags about her former beauty, and eventually turns into a babe with huge tits.

Lymnieris' obedience at level 16+ can reverse aging at will with a touch attack.

Reincarnate always brings back the creature as a young adult of their new race.

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/age-resistance

Threefold Aspect.

It doesn't fix them for standard usage. A crossbow sniper will want to build differently. What it does is make the size-up path a lot more effective.

"They're just bows" tends to annoy a lot of people (often paizotards but also folks who'd want a different weapon or they'd just have taken a bow).

Sun Orchid Elixir! Sun Orchid Elixir!

It's expensive as FUCK though, I'm talking 20,000 or 50,000 gp a vial.

MUH DEX FAVORITISM

>This spell does not cause you to look younger,

another one before I forget:
Anyone who claims to be proficient in polearms and can't adjust their grip (and thus their effective reach) as PART of their attacks and parries isn't actually proficient. If you're not at -4 to attack with it because you're not sure how it works, you FUCKING GET TO TOGGLE ITS REACH as long as you're attacking, readying it or otherwise using it this round. FUCK.

Also, cyclic reincarnation is a level 6 druid spell that works like reincarnate, except you always come back as the same race and always look very similar to your original appearance but adjusted for the new age.

>want a different weapon or they'd just have taken a bow).

I know this feel.

SO how Zen is your character /pfg/?

There occasionally.

Yogi Berra Tier

Not very. He's the kind of guy to bite his nails over his goddamn dinner choices.

Anyone have that new Asian Spell Compendium that Legendary Games released recently?

fug that, give me the Asian Archetypes: Martial. need to see what stuff got changed from the playtest stuff

Good god, Onryou has a lot of hair

Desnan, so not very.

The thing about life is it's all about perspective. Life might not be the great high-adventure that you heard stories about, but with a poor attitude like that, they never will be.

Ambition is a big part of who he is and his worldview--so pretty much the opposite of Zen.

>The thing about life is it's all about perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=B1xxqPE4I4g

Its like she's got a carpet growing out of her head!

Well... it's more like...

youtu.be/DHSwvtHFsOU

How do you feel about ioun stones?

With hands.

Very

mostly feelings.

> player is running some multiclass armiger / swashbuckler build
> had 20-something AC at level one
> can boost it to high 30s
> has rolled max Hp on every hit die so far
> smokes opium for extra temp hp
> other players have been unravelling some of the rules he missed
> I am trying to run campaign so I can't always pay attention
> end up having to balance encounters around him
> also uses shittons of fireworks to blind enemies, which is actually kind of cool
> combats are frustrations
> start using spellcasters as enemies
> turns out he has combination of mettle and evasion
> party is regularly defeating encounters 3 and 4 levels above them
> rest of party are playing all sorts of weird splatbook characters
> one is a homebrew race which I approved thinking I'd include in the worldbuilding
> worldmap I made is too large and I already hate the setting I made
> want to delete it and do Epic 6 and start with just a couple towns again

I am planning a TPK.

>Can't handle a swashbuckler
Lol

I think ioun stones are cool as a concept and I like their interaction with wayfinders, but I don't like that there's an ioun stone for basically everything, including replacing feats.

>1974+43
>rolling hp

>Replacing feats
Like what?

Some of them give feats. It's mostly just stuff like a proficiency or endurance though.

He's got his on days and off days, same as anyone.

Just have someone steal his sword or something.

If something with spell resistance imbibes an extract or is a willing target of it, does it proc the Spell Resistance?

You can voluntarily lower spell resistance.

A creature can voluntarily lower its spell resistance. Doing so is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Once a creature lowers its resistance, it remains down until the creature's next turn. At the beginning of the creature's next turn, the creature's spell resistance automatically returns unless the creature intentionally keeps it down (also a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity).

A creature's spell resistance never interferes with its own spells, items, or abilities.

She could theoretically use her hair as a blanket

Alchemist throwing a smoke bomb still does full damage, right?

Yes. The smoke is just in addition.

Well yea, but it has to blow a standard action on lowering its SR, which means it can't drink an extract. Bloody hell this is shitty.

So, any of the "take an attack penalty to get X for the turn" feats are automatically gained if you meet the prerequisites? Sounds like a good thing to me, trying to get Combat Expertise or Martial Power on a character is annoying.

Fairly high amounts of zen, since her mind got jammed and filled with Eldritch Insight and her head's full of eyeballs.

Not very.

So I hear Alchemist is the best class for tinker-type characters, even when guns get involved. But how can I get my Bomb effects into a bullet?

Alright, now that he's actually gotten tapped for RotJR, I should probably work on making Corwin playable.

Sheet: myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1015013

Anyone got suggestions for me? Anything I'm overlooking or should be doing different?

You do know a creature can cast spells on themselves with needing to proc spell resistance right?
In theory, they couldn't use Infused extracts if they did not make it.
But they Could drink a potion, because drinking a potion is casting a spell that targets the drinker.

Alchemical Charges. There is a couple varieties

I'd suggest shifting some points from Knowledge to Perception, probably any knowledges that other PCs can cover.

Ooh! I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Also, how screwed am I if I want to use my downtime to do something like building the party a small airship for personal use?

Depends on your DM. There is a downtime gods guide to downtime that is devoted to making an airship using the rules for just that in the pastebin!

Shouldn't he have 7 rounds of Archaeologist's Luck, not 9?

Either way, I'd say trade out Irrepressible for Carefully Hidden, a flat +1 is better until you can pick up a third level in Warlord for Force of Personality.

I like them for being "weird fantasy" in a way that's not Tolkein or anime.

The Explosive Missile discovery. Lets you basically staple a bomb onto a ranged attack.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/explosive-missile

They're pretty cool, I just wish that there were even weirder versions of them.

>not Tolkein or anime
I don't understand?

He's saying he thinks they're a fun and original addition to a Fantasy setting.

Basically, Downtime boils down to this:
>put actual gold into constructing a building that generates Capital
>use generated Capital to increase your Capital production
>repeat until you generate enough Capital to craft an airship

>Character is Desnan
>Noted in the backstory that she has always been lucky in weird ways
>Party gets credit for a cheating gambling hall
>My character goes in first
>Roulette, all in for evens
>Even with the cheating it's the same number
>Cash in and leave
>"Hah, anybody can do that" declares another character
>All in on even
>No dice
>Be only one to come out of this with a profit
Has luck ever roleplayed for you?

Tax Exempt: docs.google.com/document/d/1IT47F8KrUddFT4PxuhozLA6XM41tPItYI0kJKNKzFpk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Who wants in on semi-lewd Legacy of Fire where miniature Al-Qadim replaces Katapesh?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

>lewd

Pass

I have a secret plan to convince the DM to let me acquire some of this but I'm not sure he's going to go for it, which is why I brought it up here.

Nice, this looks like it might be the ticket.

That won't work, it doesn't make you look any different.

What day are you planning on running?

Do any archetypes switch a druid's casting stat?

No.

I've been tapped to play a variant homebrew of pathfinder based on final fantasy, does anyone have any familiarity with these rules?
finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/index.html

I was going to play a viera astrologist.

Fey Speaker

Frankly, I don't see why you would want to. Wis is the best casting stat unless you can get Con.

Feyspeaker changes it to Charisma.

None that I know of.

>best casting stat unless you can get Con
RIP Witch Doctor, taken too soon.

>Wis is the best casting stat

I cant hear you over all of my skill points

I'm working with a new player who likes druids and emberkin aasimar.

No familiarity whatsoever. Have fun, though.

Any int caster or anything that can BECOME an int caster gets 2 ranks per level. You're still pitiful compared to anything better than that.

you would hear him if you had a decent wis score for your perception check.

I can't here you over my fat fucking will save and the sound of you smoking cock when you get dominated.

If you're not planning on crafting items, Int is pretty much just fluff. Yeah skill points are fun but most of that shit is going into knowledge anyway.

I did something horrible and monstruos this sunday.

Possibly either Saturday or Sunday, but it depends on what works best for the applicants chosen.

>he doesnt take contingency

Oh wait. Wis casters dont get that one.

That's not a function of Spell-lists not casting stats and is only on the Wizard/Sorc list.

I.e Only Wizards and Arcanists.

You're still missing Witches, Alchemists, Psychics, Psions, Tactitons, any Int sphere caster and more.

>laughing_wandering_lore_spirit_shaman.jpg

>Shaman
>Laughing ever

>implying any of those classes matter

Enjoy your T3