/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

> Latest News
> New Unearthed Arcana: Rangers and Rogues
media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf
> Don't forget to rate the Artificer in the official survey:
sgiz.mobi/s3/9c17dda91a1d

Next UA will be out on the 30th, not the 23rd. Source: twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/822537176529432577

> Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

> Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

> /5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

> 5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous thread: Do you think we'll get another DnD movie? Another DnD video game? Will they be shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12174933/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Will they be shit?

Of course they will, unless you get Vin Diesel dumping a ton of his money into making one with a competent director.

>Letting the dice decide the rules
No, the dice are there to adjudicate things with a chance of success and failure. What's possible is adjudicated by the DM.

Same here. If the DM isn't sure if something is/should be possible, he needs to be sure. Allowing a roll is the same as deciding it's possible.

How to screw over wizards? Half Elf oath of ancients paladin with circe of power or holy avenger

Forcecage.

Crits already bypass the ability. That's why you have lucky, to reroll any crits that hit you.
If you find any way to give disadvantage (Hint: Darkness) then crits only have a 1/400 chance of happening anyway, so you don't even need lucky in that case. Kinda sucks if you're a barbarian and can't cast and use reckless attack so attacks against you have advantage, though.

The reasons you've stated are just false by RAW.
It's frowned upon because generally people don't understand how it works since it's easy to misunderstand.

I never said you only face huge threats, but the fact you don't always face huge threats only drives home the point even more that not all monsters will be as big as that and thus the ones that aren't as big as that can't do jack shit to you unless they crit.

If you still need it explained how darkness works, I can try a bit harder to find sage advice / quotes from the book, but I think "lf you are hidden-both unseen and unheard-when
you make an attack, you give away your location when the attack hits or misses"
is more than enough.

Anons? Inspired by a thread I saw elsewhere on playing Dragonlance in 5e, I took a shot at statting up new Elf subraces for the Krynnish Aquatic Elves. How overpowered are these results?

Elf Subrace: Deep Elf
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength
Amphibious: A Deep Elf can breathe both air and water.
Aquatic: A Deep Elf has a Swim speed of 30 feet.
Shapeshifter: A Deep Elf has the ability to transform into the shape of an animal, a trait it can use once per long rest. This follows all of the rules of Druid Wild Shape, except that a Deep Elf can only assume one form through this trait: a dolphin (VGtM: 208).

Elf Subrace: Shoal Elf
Ability Score Increase: +1 Intelligence
Amphibious: A Shoal Elf can breathe both air and water.
Aquatic: A Shoal Elf has a Swim speed of 30 feet.
Shapeshifter: A Shoal Elf has the ability to transform into the shape of an animal, a trait it can use once per long rest. This follows all of the rules of Druid Wild Shape, except that a Shoal Elf can only assume one form through this trait: an otter. Use the stats for a Weasel (MM:340), but give it a Swim Speed of 30 feet and the Hold Breath (15 mins) racial trait.

Misty Step.

Building on from that, I also wanted to see if it's possible to convert the Half-Goblin, as it replaced Half-Orcs in that setting. Back in 3.5, they looked like this:

[quote]
Half-goblins are typically confident, self-assured, and filled with a zealous drive to surpass themselves and their heritage. This may strike a curious contrast to their poor Charisma, but in truth, their expression of their own divided bloodline comes across to most others as overbearing, arrogant, or aggressive. This can score them points in societies that value or respect this kind of approach, but most of the civilized races of Ansalon see half-goblins as very obnoxious until they reveal more of themselves.

A half-goblin will see the bigger picture when confronted by a gulf between any two groups, so he pushes the issue whenever the question of taking sides comes up. He will suggest that a compromise can be reached or that both sides must come together to oppose a larger problem.

Half-goblins are larger and less awkward-looking than their goblin cousins, but those who grow up among goblins learn to move as they do—swift, short bursts, followed by sniffing the air and investigating the environment. Half-goblins from human towns or settlements never learn this sort of behavior.

Both types of halfgoblin are confident, rarely showing any sign of cowardice or even caution. Thus, while they may have the right skills for stealth, most choose not to use it unless there is a need.

+2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma
Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Medium
Base speed 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet
+2 racial bonus on Bluff and Move Silently
+4 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist Charm, Compulsion and Fear effects.
Favored Class: Any
[/quote]

My wizard keeps shit talking me saying he can one shot me and he tells me to shut the fuck up. How do I one shot a wizard as a fighter without him reacting?

So, with that to fall back on, how does this look for a 5eification?

Half-Goblin
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision
Sneaky Git: A half-goblin is automatically proficient in Stealth.
Me Mind's Me Own: A half-goblin has Advantage on Wisdom saves vs. Fear and Charm effects. Additionally, it has Advantage on counter-checks against Intimidation and Persuasion attempts.
Nimble Escape: A half-goblin can Disengage or Hide as a bonus action on its turn.

Counterspell.

Threadly reminder:

If you're DM doesn't attack your character whilst you're at 0hp, they're going easy on you.

Tell him, out of character, that he's acting like a complete childish asshole. Inquire if the his parents beating him is the reason for his behaviour.

Depends on the enemy the situation etc. but I agree mostly

You could try being a fucking adult and tell him to do the same.

>Crits already bypass the ability.
That still leaves the roc doing 50 damage a round at a level where the players have on average between 45 - 70hp unless you've got a +4 con mod and actively building for crazy health.

>The reasons you've stated are just false by RAW.
I'm usually not one to say that things are limited by actual physics in any RP system, but to basically ignore being completely BLIND is something entirely different. Hence what I said earlier, the only way this will work is if you have a very KIND DM.
This reminds me of AM BARBARIANS old PF barbarian build that could charge from 1800 feet away and deal 2k damage a round while being immune to everything. Yeah the rules stated it could be done, but it's entirely fucking retarded and any DM worth his salt will call you out on it.

> jack shit to you unless they crit.
Except pummel you into the dirt repeatedly because making the save only means you're put at 1 hp. Monkeys with typewriters, they're eventually going to crit you in the face.

>"lf you are hidden-both unseen and unheard-when you make an attack, you give away your location when the attack hits or misses" is more than enough.

Issue being is that you're completely blind so you can't gauge what the fuck you are attacking, and unless you have actual echolocation, you can't accurately gauge where to attack besides a general area.

Does grabbing people at 0hp and using them as hostages to try to escape count?

I'm 13

Can't Counterspell Misty Step, it doesn't have a somatic component.

Then go ahead and kill his character in his sleep. Keep in mind that you'll be getting advantage and a crit on each attack, until he wakes up.

Deep elf is fine. A bit weak out of its element, useful but not strong in its element. So basically exactly how it should be.

Shoal elf is significantly better (because the stat change synergizes better and the form is more useful), but mostly balanced.

Conversion should be easy, but why convert half-goblins instead of half-kender?

Couple of issues:
1. Going from -2 charisma to +1 charisma seems like an odd choice.
2. Player characters don't typically roll against intimidation and persuasion - says so in the book. They just decide whether to be intimidated or convinced.
Otherwise fine as far as I can tell. So how about:
>+2 dex, +1 con
>medium
>30 feet
>darkvision
>proficiency in stealth
>advantage on wisdom saves vs fear and charm
>can disengage or hide as a bonus action
That seems balanced and also flavorful.

Can he cast a spell or can I OTK him in one hit? Also we are bffs in real life I just want to fuck him.

Fine. In that case, Fly.

Counterspell has no limits on verbal/non verbal.

The wizard generally has the upper hand unless they've depleted all their spell slots for the day.

Kill them after they've used their slots.
Alternatively
Get a surprise round. During the surprise round, they can't use the 'shield' spell so you can go action surge on their butt after grappling and shoving them if you wish, provided you know that you can attack them if they misty step (misty step means they can't cast any other spells that turn) or try something like hold person (if you have indomitable you might be fine) or if your DM allows you to gag them, gag them for instant win.
A surprise round requires you to be hidden from the target and succeed a stealth roll against their passive perception. Do note that wearing clanky armour gives you disadvantage on stealth.

You could also just talk it out instead of trying to get into player versus player fights.

that depends on levels and equipment

He can't cast his spells if he's dead. After two/four crits (depending on whether or not you have extra attack yet), he will be.
You don't need to kill him in one hit, you need to kill him in one turn.

>I just want to fuck him.
You can just ask him out to dinner instead of this awkward mating ritual.

To answer your question, using your round + action surge to attack even more, he'll be more than dead since you automatically crit while he's asleep.

level 4 battle master dex based fighter no magic gear

Misty Step doesn't stop them from casting an attack cantrip in the same turn, user. But your last sentence is on-point.

Many thanks for the feedback!

If it helps any, back in 3.5, Deep Elves also got Blur, Dancing Lights, Darkness and Obscuring Mist 1/day each if they had Int 10+. Maybe I should consider a (much downplayed, of course) SLA style trait for their 5e counterparts?

I never considered half-kender because, really, I'm not sure how it'd work, given Kender basically amount to "an entire race of chaotic stupid lightfoot halfling rogues". I might add that to the list next, though; half-goblins and these shapeshifting aquatic elves at least are usable in just about any setting.

I admit that it's an odd choice, and I'm not hugely happy about it myself; I mostly based it on the whole "5e says Charisma is the Force of Personality trait, and their fluff says they have very strong personalities".

I'm definitely open to reworking that... but not sure what to give it. +1 Con doesn't feel quite right. Maybe +1 Int, given the whole "see both sides of the argument, argue for compromise" thing from their fluff?

Thanks for clarifying about the PC vs. Intimidate/Persuasion checks. Definitely remove that.

Again, damage per round doesn't matter. It's damage per attack that matters.

They'll eventually crit you, and then you just pop lucky again and negate the crit. Or you kill them before they crit. It's not like they're stopping you from doing anything every time they hit you and fail to deal any damage at all, so they might have to take several rounds before they can even burn one use of lucky. If you don't have lucky, because let's face it, you're probably burning ASIs on constitution for more ridiculous saves.. Then, eh, ask the paladin to heal you back to 1. Then the roc can start the whole shitshow all over again.

The way darkness works works as it does for the sake of not making it how you're expecting it to be, because that'd just be obnoxious.
A fighter and an enemy are both in darkness.
They're both at the same disadvantage and advantage so it cancels out. Fight carries on as normal.
What do you want, special rules that makes their fight take twice as long because they're not sure what they're hitting? 5e aims for simplicity, and they're not going to do something incredibly wacky.
Any DM that knows what's going on should run darkness like this. If nobody has devil's sight, it merely prevents things like line of sight spells, means you can't do things that rely entirely on sight such as noticing an enemy lighting a bomb, etc.

By your logic you automatically succeed stealth simply by being invisible and nobody can even attack you at all.

>Does grabbing people at 0hp and using them as hostages to try to escape count?

They better get away, and he better get tortured.

>Tell the player he died, and to make a new character
>3-5 sessions later an NPC strides out of the darkness
>Clad head to toe in Dark Runed Plate Armour
>Glowing blue eyes shine from underneath his helm
>Oh shit everyone thinks, this is Dave the Dreadlord, trusted lieutenant of the BBEG
>He takes off his helm, his long blonde hair and handsome face is instantly familiar
>"Hi guys"

A cantrip is laughable.

The worst that could happen is a 2d8 or 3d8 freezing ray that slows the fighter down if it does get past his armour.

The fighter should still be able to use ranged weapons or something as they catch up, I guess. A smart fighter would use cover and break line of sight to prevent the wizard being able to cast certain deadly spells.

The real worry is when the wizard doesn't cast misty step, because then they can cast things like hold person.

I've had a somewhat similiar thing happen, when one of the PCs was apparently killed by vampire spawns, except they stabilized him and delivered him to Strahd.
They later killed their former comrade as a vampire spawn.

How could I realistically add pike and shot to 5e

just dual wield and menacing attack him.

if you don't kill him in one round, he's gonna have to deal with frightening afterwards.

You can give Deep Elves a choice of cantrip from a short list, or a choice of 1st-level spell from a short list to be used once/day. But that might be stepping on high elves' toes a bit. Honestly, I think they're fine as they are, even if they're a tad overshadowed by shoal elves.

Half-kender are admittedly less useful outside of Krynn. But in-universe they're fairly legit - short and slim and nimble but with a much more human outlook on things, at least if they were raised by humans. Still make excellent thieves/rogues.

I like +con because it's flexible and can be justified because many successful halfbreeds/mules are pretty sturdy (half-elves get +con in 4e).

>Again, damage per round doesn't matter. It's damage per attack that matters.
Fantastic, you're at 1hp, roc hits you for 27, you're facing a DC of 32.
>They'll eventually crit you, and then you just pop lucky again and negate the crit
You're assuming that the person in question has taken the Lucky feat.
>Then, eh, ask the paladin to heal you back to 1
Assuming there's a paladin around and he hasn't already gotten two rounded by the roc.

Basically anything but a barbarian will get two rounded more or less, unless they've got high con. That means when everyone else is rolling death saves, you can still be at 1 hp, get exploded, make the save, back at 1 hp, get exploded etc. Rinse repeat until you've gotten a crit to the face.

>because that'd just be obnoxious.
But that's usually what complete blindness is.
And any DM who "knows what's going on" generally don't let non-penalty blindness fly.

>By your logic you automatically succeed stealth simply by being invisible and nobody can even attack you at all.
You can't compare invisibility to complete blindness. If you have sensory organs that function in a satisfactory way, you have ways of noticing invisibility.
If you are completely blind, you're not going to be effective in a fight at all. Unless you've got blindsight, and you're not getting blindsight.

I thought the last movie was pretty good (OP's pic related). And not just because it was 4E or had nudity. Those helped though.

If he is sleeping can he just cast find familler to keep him safe I don't know much about spells I just hit things.

Here's the real question - how many spellslots he will have after an adventuring day filled with battles?

Come the fuck on. So you bring other senses into to the argument for invisibility but being able to hear movement in darkness is not possible to you?

man you all sound like terribly unfun DMs

how are you supposed to hear a gott dang thing with all that darkness in your ears

strawpoll.me/12174933/r
Apparently half of us are terribly unfun PCs

Scroll up a few posts.
"Issue being is that you're completely blind so you can't gauge what the fuck you are attacking, and unless you have actual echolocation, you can't accurately gauge where to attack besides a general area."

Sure you can hear movement, but unless you've actually got echolocation, you've only got a general area.
Or are you saying that if you went blind you could still point out exactly where they are?

I believe it's my turn to say "come the fuck on".
There's a reason why blindness tends to be regarded as a debilitating situation.

Both are legitimate arguments; Deep Elves are supposed to be shapeshifting "Aquatic High Elves" in their fluff, but I don't want to make them too powerful.

That is a good argument for Half-Goblins being +1 Con. Plus, with the typical goblin lore of living in appalling conditions, you kind of expect them to be hardy... problem is, +2 Dex/+1 Con is what goblins get for their stat array anyway. Need to think on that.

True. Plus, really, who's it going to kill if I give Half-Kender a shot? Hmm... let's see... will post my first draft when I can.

>Again, damage per round doesn't matter. It's damage per attack that matters.
Ok, but a Stone Giant does 19 with its club or 28 with a rock. It's challenge 7. That's DC 24 to resist dying, for a level 13 Sorcerer with a maybe +9 constitution save. Or say you do resist it, because you cast stone skin, the rock still forces a dc 19 save. That's tough, but not invincible.

Buy a scroll of Silence. He'll be crippled without Verbal spells. Cast it while he's sleeping, clank up on him in your full plate, and start stabbing him. Advantage on your first turn, since he's prone.

My dm has a houserule where you're basically out of the fight once you reach 0 health, because restoring health doesn't make you conscious again for a few minutes. So killing someone who is downed is basically a waste of an action.

Shocking Grasp, then running away.

Alright thank you every one on my Wizzard murdering advice I will be sure to green text the full story when the dead is done.

Oh do the Wild Blood Thirsty Yetis of the Frozen North know about your DMs houserule?

>Better not maul and eat that ones intestines Barry
>It's not efficient action economy
>Oh you're right, better keep attacking that big guy wearing lots of armour like good monsters

> Eating while you're being actively attacked
Are you suicidal?

Well my take on the situation is the advantage/disadvantage cancel out represents that while you don't have the best idea of where they are they also can't tell when and where an attack is coming from. I fully accept that at this point you just have two people swinging wildly into the shadows but in doing so are giving an idea of their locations away.

I still want to know why you believe you can use your other senses to locate someone who is invisible more easily than you would someone in darkness. My 'come the fuck on' was aimed at how absurd it was to bring other senses into the mix yourself after you disregarded them so quickly earlier.

>Yeah Bob the Yeti, let's munch on a dead guy for whole fucking six seconds while a massive armored thug hacks at us and spills our own guts

I just love all those National Geographic videos where a bunch of animals are fighting and one of them just nopes the fuck out to eat some shit off the ground while the battle continues to rage around him.

Do you think wild animals are content to start eating while being attacked? They aren't that dumb. And anyone with a brain would definitely know. Usually the only exception are things like gnolls which aren't exactly rational.

I like those komodo dragon ones, where all the dragons sit around a buffalo, then one of them lashes out for a quick bite, then they all just go back to waiting. Then the buffalo drops dead, and they all launch into a feeding frenzy.

>He thinks they don't have them in a corner
>Away from the battle
>As half the team has already been wiped

Literally had time to suck the marrow out of their bones whilst the other players ran away.

Throwing axe.

Somatic, not verbal.

So only casters get to break the game, huh? Fuck off cuck.

Yeah, that's several komodos around one buffalo that is already pretty much incapacitated, not one komodo that decides to snack on a buffalo corpse while his two pals fight four other buffalo who are actively stomping back.

Well, yeah...
I was just making a reply about how I think komodo dragons are cool.

Let's say you've got a camp out in the woods, and a sneaky roguefuck is trying to sneak up on it using invisibility.
What are the chances you think of him sneaking up without disturbing any of the local flora and fauna and not trampling grass or on dry leaves/twigs etc.

Sound will give you a general area, sight will pinpoint it for you. Most keen eyed adventurers will notice grass getting trampled and taller grass being parted.
Same thing applies to darkness, atleast in my opinion.
Hearing where they are gives you an area, if you could see them then all would be fine.

The thing about sight is that it's generally exceptionally good at picking up even the most minute movement, hearing less so in the scenario of you getting suddenly engulfed in darkness.

They are pretty cool.

>fly speed is 60 feet
>max handaxe range is 60 feet
>disadvantage on attacks beyond 20 feet
nah, nah

>So only casters get to break the game, huh? Fuck off cuck.
If you've got a valid argument as to why Bumfuck McNobody, lvl 2 fighter has a way to see through a magically induced darkness that even creatures of the underdark cannot see through, pray tell.

But this is probably just bait. Atleast I hope so.

What archtype and level? Champion, Battlemaster or Eldrich Knight?

If you're a BM and lowish level, Smashing him in his sleep with a greataxe for 2d12+2d8+STR and then action-surging to do the same again will pretty much kill him ease, of course he still won't shut up about how he can one shot you and you had to kill him in his sleep to win because you're a scrub.

>what is attack of opportunity

A level 4 fighter will eat a level 4 wizard for breakfast

not to mention the next character will just kill this guy and begin the cycle of backstabbing.

he said he was 13 though so none of this is really well thought out

How far into the game are you? If you're at the Uber-rich stage and are willing to put some effort in you could try getting some shackles enchanted with antimagic field, if you can persuade your DM to enable you to do that. Fucks over those weak nerds if you can finally clamp them on them. Regarding your own self, no there really isn't that many ways to beat wizards. Dispel magic is your best bet but you can bet your ass they'll have contingencies for it, and in a straight cast/dispel battle they have more spell slots anyway. There's a reason so many of those "Lol I broke the game/fucked over that guy/did something awesome" stories star wizards.

>what is misty step
disengages and can be used to get up high and rain simple nukes from above

Not him, but what part of Shocking Grasp didn't you understand?

Casting forcecage takes a turn. Misty step gives an extra 30 feet of movement. So long as that's enough to get paladin in melee range with wizard, just hit them twice with a greatsword and smite them twice as well. You're looking at 4d6 + 12d8 +10 damage at as low as level 13, and that's without a magical weapon.

Vengeance paladin is generally better though, since they've got a handy channel divinity to freeze the wizard's movement, as well as access to haste and hold person and dimension door while still getting misty step.

The difference is with invisibility you are attacking someone who can perfectly see your attack attack coming. Him being invisible is purely a detriment to you so you have disadvantage on your roll where as in darkness you both have a problem and so are on even footing with each other.

Both having problems doesn't equal to both all of the sudden being as effective inside complete darkness as they would be in pure daylight.

If that's the case, there is literally no reason to have the spell in the first place if it does literally fuckall to the situation except confuse the DM.

Also, the argument was that you can pinpoint the invisible guy. You can't do that if you are completely blind.

Depends on the opponent. I make sure all my monsters have an agenda in a fight. This often results in them running away long before anyone runs out of HP; animals look elsewhere for easy prey, bandits retreat, scouts harass without engaging, that sort of thing. Enemies I'm running will only attack a downed opponent if they have a reason to do so, and reasonable creatures do not.

On the other hand, I believe that the Evil alignment refers to a creature that puts inflicting harm above its own self interest. Assassins and slavers aren't necessarily Evil as much as selfish and amoral (but seriously, there are other careers, chances are if you picked one of those you're the sort of person who enjoys hurting people). Your interpretation may differ, but when I'm running the game it's my interpretation that matters, and that means that Evil creatures get to be extra terrifying. Drop the leader of a bandit gang and the rest might flee, but drop the leader of an Evil orc mob and they'll keep attacking until they kill you or you kill them. And yes, they will happily take a swing at a downed PC if that gives them a better chance of hurting someone with their action, even if that makes it less likely for them to survive the fight.

Evil is scary. If it wasn't, Paladins wouldn't be fun.

They are not as effective as in pure daylight though because they are attacking something that can't defend itself as well as it would if it was in daylight.

You use darkness to do things like stop people firing ranged weapons at you. If you throw darkness at them then they can't see you and it doesn't stop your melee dudes then running in and stabbing them.

Just DM'ed for my little brother and his friend, both 10 years old. Running LMoP.

It was a blast. Normally my brother is very impatient, but during D&D he was engaged in what was happening which frankly I was missing in my regular group.

They were also much more creative than my normal group.
For example:
>Managed to bait the bugbear in Cragmaw Hideout to leave the hideout by cutting off the face of a goblin and pretend to be a goblin who captured a human (using the chains of the wolves as handcuffs)
>Kill the bugbear outside by burning down the watch tower, which comes crushing down on it
>Charmed a goblin and told him to tell the other goblins that they're being attacked outside the cave.
>Flood the cave once the goblin come back after being tricked, killing most of them

I had to bend the rules from time to time, but it was very rewarding and fun for all of us.

>They are not as effective as in pure daylight though because they are attacking something that can't defend itself as well as it would if it was in daylight.
Except "by RAW", advantage and disadvantage cancel eachother out, so there is NO mechanical benefit to casting Darkness in melee combat. None at all.

If you are completely blind in a melee fight with swords, you are perpetually fucked. If you are facing a blind opponent aswell, it turns into a wail fight and nothing will connect.
You can't just handwave "oh but he has as much issue as you thus any issue you have is negated".

As I said in one of my first posts on this retarded subject, I'd only ever use Darkness if you had two archers or casters on a high set alcove standing close to eachother. Anything other than that is just asking for trouble.

>Do you think we'll get another DnD movie?
Eeyup looks like it is in developmental purgatory right now though... I actually loved the Book of Vile darkness movie. It showed great examples of characters dealing with moral issues like the paladin starting all goody-goody but having to hide it while traveling with an evil party, losing his faith and committing a fairly heinous murder (stuffing the guy in a bag of holding afterwards and tossing him in a lake), and finally coming back around to goodness without having forgotten what he learned when he was at his lowest. Great paladin arc. Other good stuff too but that is what stuck with me the most.

>Another DnD video game?
WoTC recently opened-up a digital studio so hopefully? CRPGs are coming back into style. Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

>Will they be shit?
Maybe. Hit and miss seems to be the order of the day with D&D licensed stuff.

It would be great to see famous D&D players be consulted on this. Weird Al, Vin Diesel, Andrew W.K., Steven Colbert, Steven King, etc. There are enough talented people who enjoy the game to help make a good movie right?

Wall of Force. (Misty Step allows one to travel through the ethereal plane, but Wall of Force blocks ethereal travel.)

Yes, but when the fighter is the one betraying the wizard and initiating combat, he chooses location. He obviously won't pick a spot where the wizard can just hang out out of reach. The fighter, as long as he can stay in melee range with the wizard, will outdamage his cantrips. If it were me, I'd set up the fight in the middle of a plain area at night after day of several fights. The wizard will hopefully have spent most of his spell slots, which makes him less likely to get off a save or suck spell (A single successful hypnotic pattern could ruin the fighter's day, since the wizard could then just mosey up and manacle him). Misty Step spends a bonus action to move 30ft, which he can then add 30ft movement and 30ft dash to, so even then the wizard could simply opt to flee. If he has two level 2 or above spell slots available, the fighter won't be able to catch up even if he burns his action surge.
Beating a wizard really does need some preparation. You can absolutely kill the wizard if he's trapped, even when he has most of his spell slots available, but the problem is that he's just too slippery. At mid-level and above he could simply cast Fly and just fly straight up out of range.

>You can't just handwave "oh but he has as much issue as you thus any issue you have is negated".
Why the fuck not? I mean, really. Why not? Why would you put yourself through that?

>If you are DM doesn't attack your character whilst you're at 0hp

Same question as last thread since I really didn't get any feedback whether its good or not
Extended Spellists for sorcerers?
Some examples I got using some spells from the Book of Lost Spells from Necromancer Games
>Fire Drag
1:Command, Dragon's Gauntlet
2:Pyrotechnics, Aganazzar's Scorcher
3:Fireball, Air of Nobility
4:Fireshield, Firewall
5:Flame Strike, Immolation
>Wild Magic
1:Magic Missile, Color Spray
2:Luck of the Saints, Force Wave
3:Chaos Bolt, Blink
4:Rainbow Spear, Confusion
5:Rainbow Staff, Wall of Force
>Storm
1:Thunderwave, Sonic Boom
2:Warding Wind, Glide
3:Lightning Bolt, Call Lightning
4:Storm Sphere, Control Water
5:Destructive Wave, Innerstorm
>Cold Drag
1:Ice Knife, Frost Fire
2:Icy Hammer, Dragon Scales
3:Slow, Frost Shards
4:Ice Storm, Iceform
5:Cone of Cold, Zone of Ablation
Good or bad? In concept or in execution?

Because he needs 'realism' in his magic goblin killing simulation.

Let's post your "I fucked up" moments from games, huh /5eg/? I'll start:
>be me, warlock, level 9
>party is wandering through a dense forest, our guide is telling us about how it's sacred, blah blah, elves, blah blah
>Character dislikes elves and dislikes elf lore even more, despite being an avid historian
>Irl I was just missing the info because I was answering the door for chinese food and told the DM to go on because all we were doing was walking
>get back, need to stop for the night, forest is very thick, tents would probably get fucked up if we tried to put em on the ground here, cutting down the shrubbery would take literal ages, and the fuckers are apparently immune to fire.
>Realise I have just the spell for this situation
>I cast blight on this huge tree, it'll die and wither and we can put our shit down and sleep
>DM gets a look on his face, the mischievous smile of a child who's been handed a firecracker
>As the tree withers and dies, you start to notice nearby trees are withering too. They turn grey and shrivel before crumbling into dust
>You suddenly notice, amid shrieks from your elven guide, that all the trees in the forest are in fact one organism
>Congratulations, you just killed an entire 900 acres of forest, terraforming the land and scarring it irreversibly
And that was how we got the 'Generic Elven city' on our asses in this game, needing to run for our lives from suddenly displaced elves whose city just withered and died. Good thing we had a headstart.

>"lf you are hidden-both unseen and unheard-when
>you make an attack, you give away your location when the attack hits or misses"
That only works if they can see you. (Or if they have blindsight or echolocation or something.)

I know that's what people usually call it, but realistically, you can point at where you hear a sound even if you close your eyes. That's close enough when you're swinging a greatsword at someone who doesn't see you.

Disagree. If a combatant drops an opponent they'd more likely be inclined to go after the other active combatants, not slit someone's throat or whatever while other people are trying to kill them. They're not thinking about resolving a PK

>Except "by RAW", advantage and disadvantage cancel eachother out, so there is NO mechanical benefit to casting Darkness in melee combat. None at all.
Where did I say there was? My example was about keeping ranged dudes from shooting and you and adding there was no detriment to your melee dudes.

>what is grammar?

Yeah that's my stance as well but apparently that only matters when fighting invisible guys, not in darkness.

>There are enough talented people who enjoy the game to help make a good movie right?

No. A movie about playing an RPG can't be good. You can find dozens of films where the characters enter into fictional worlds inbetween the real world stuff and it's shit every time because the fictional stuff doesn't matter because it's not real. It's all the shittiness of "it was all a dream" but multiple fucking times. Sucker Punch, if you want an example.

At best you could get a movie that merely has DnD players in it but is about something rlse, or a movie set in the real world but with DnD things occuring in it (ex: Jumanji). At worst you just end up with a terrible comedy version of Lord of the Rings but starring horribly casted but famous actors.

It was their own damn faults, honestly. Single trees that vast are simply not sustainable, as you so single-handedly proved. If all it takes to destroy their entire ecosystem irrevocably is a mid-level warlock, they're doing shit wrong. A mid-level warlock could never destroy a dwarf mountain-stronghold on his own, or an entire human county with castles, towns and farms.

To be fair, the premise of that particular part of the adventure was that we were discovering elven civilisation for the first time. And their society never discovered necromancy. Until then. I suppose it's aztec meets spaniards-esque in it's effects.

Half-Kender
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Normal
Brave: Advantage on Saving Throws versus being Frightened.
Born Handler: A half-kender receives Proficiency in Thievery for free.
Ancestral Weaponry: A half-kender receives free proficiency with the Hoopak, Bollik, Sashik and Whippik.

Explaining myself...
Half-Kender in 3.5 got no ability score modifiers. I went with a Cha/Dex split because it makes sense to inherit both the Kender affability (only the half-breeds are better at it, because they're not hampered by the Kender personality) and manual dexterity.

The rest of their abilities amounted to free Kender Weapon Proficiency and watered down versions of the Kender traits - resistance to fear rather than immunity, weaker taunting skill, and decreased natural bonuses to thievery skills.

Not a huge amount of stuff to build from, unfortunately. I'll see if I can find the Kencyclopedia, it may have a more interesting version to work from.