>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu (embed)

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ
mega.nz/#!K5gUEbIB!cZVsFg3L0uPFhPRQfncY827kgy0SG5xkaOKOSK0EaYY
mega.nz/#!KowlRSxA!OihYrtNQmf9CNIEs0BUVMe9BkASd8stqh1cQIRUSvSs
youtube.com/watch?v=ocX6TzX-e9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you working on /aosg/

damn dose are sum amazin orcs

progress update repost

goal is this list. Its all owned and is mostly all painted now.

Serious question: Is AoS better then fantasy? I just feel from the little I read, that it is les structured, more 'bring what you want' rather then the old army style of fantasy.,

depends what you are into

this is a decent collectables game but a terrible wargame

In my opinion yes it is

There is an organized/competitive version of the game called Matched Play, with rules in the Generals Handbook

>this is a decent collectables game but a terrible wargame

to be fair if your definition of a good wargame is one with a convoluted cesspool of rules then you wouldn't like age of sigmar.

If you like a smooth easy to pick up rules set with low barriers to entry then AOS is a good pick.

they are totally different games. AOS is very structured but isn't bogged down under a mountain of convoluted rules.

I will tell you that it's probably the most balanced game on the market right now and it plays much more smoothly than 40k does or fantasy did.

how does this list look

Leaders
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (140)

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Tzaangors (180)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)

>If you like a smooth easy to pick up rules set with low barriers to entry then AOS is a good pick.

lmao. uh "guyth the movement in warhammer is too tactical and deep for me, im glad age of sigmar is around, as a faggot, i only know how to jam shit in as hard as possible its a game life partner lance and I can really get into. no rules!"

You know, insulting a player's opinion doesn't add anything to your argument, it actually detracts from it.

>I enjoy spending an hour doing my warhammer movement phases micro measuring wheel moves marches reforms and the rest while my opponent watches television because the game is fucking boring.

You can just make up the rules to AOS on the spot for any unit. Units have 2 stats, to hit and wound plus a number of Dice rolled, sometimes a special ability which you could just make up as you play. It's more like just playing with toys in any way you want than anything I've every encountered. I wouldn't compare it to Warhammer Fantasy-- totally different games,AOS is not trying to be a wargame of any sort with any type of tactics that would exist in the real world. I would compare it to LotR instead (both are larger skirmish games with heroes) and AOS does not compare favorably at all with that ruleset.

You seriously have nothing better to do besides shitpost on a chinese message board about a game you dont like?

That's really sad

Mandatory this pic.

Bloodreavers, naturally.

Bought a Flesh-Eater Court book today and ordered a bunch of minis. I hope this game wont be a mistake.

>You can just make up the rules to AOS on the spot for any unit.

you have been lied to. It isn't that way and I have no idea who misled you.

there are published official rules for every unit in the game and official points to go with each one for structured match play.

I feel bad for you not knowing, no wonder you have a bad impression of the game.

Where do people get this idea that AOS is simplistic?
The rules are streamlined but there's actually quite a lot more tactical depth when all models can damage other models.
The streamlining keeps the game moving quickly.

>You can just make up the rules to AOS on the spot for any unit.

Knight questor for hinterlands/homebrewed skirmish AoS.

Also got some bret men at arms bodies waiting to be kitbashed into his retinue of scribes,squires and minstrels.

I think youd be better off abusing the new warscroll battalion formations. They are very strong.

stop reposting the same picture you posted three days ago.

because its as much a wargame a x-wing is.

An idea I've been sitting on for awhile now. I was inspired by that other user's Dwarven Stormcast Eternals, the Forgesworn, and I came up with an idea for my own Stormhost that I liked.
Basically, a Stormhost that's made up of Dark Elf/Exiles that worshipped Khaine in life and were reforged into Dark Elf Stormcast. I'm planning on doing a lot of conversions to fit the theme so it'll be intresting to see where I can take this idea.

>Field all tzaangor
>not even a formation
> not a single group of 12 skyfire byffed to 2+ to hit and 4+ to mortal wounds

I played it immediately upon the release of the rules with my Beastmen. I'm not saying that there aren't rules to each unit published, I'm saying that you don't need to have any published rules for units and can play using common sense for the stats based on what you put on the table. You can guess that a WS 4, T3, armorless beastman is going to be 4 up to hit, 4 up to wound with some sort of reroll when they miss based on certain things (like if they outnumber opponents, if they charged, etc.).

why not try it before ?
its like being a car before trying it and hoping you like how it drives

Painted it last night.
Also, make me aelf bitch.

I have tried it. I just hope that the game will not go stale.

>I'm saying that you don't need to have any published rules for units and can play using common sense for the stats based on what you put on the table. You can guess that a WS 4, T3, armorless beastman is going to be 4 up to hit, 4 up to wound with some sort of reroll when they miss based on certain things (like if they outnumber opponents, if they charged, etc.).

and you could make up the rules as you go along for any wargame you wanted to play... but then you wouldn't be playing that wargame. youd be playing your made up game that you made up because that was what you wanted to do. You could make up rules for units in warhammer, hobbit, 40k or any of the others too so I don't feel you have a valid point.

pretty sure that is flaming and a violation of board rules. guess we will see what the admins think.

would love to see pics of your project taking shape. being creative like that is fun.

Thank you, I haven't started yet as I'm still trying to get a hold on some Dark Elf models, bits, and such pieces. Stuff isn't cheap to get too, but I have a general idea in my head on how to go about it. I'll do the usual head and weapon swap, I'm thinking of putting the Executioner heads and Draich weapons on the Paladins while the Stormcast heroes will get the Dreadlord bits.
I'm excited to try this out.

The ePub for Disciples of Tzeentch in the MEGA is corrupted. Mind reuploading?

Thanks, here are 5 more

It's nice to get a break from painting tomb kings

did you drybrush everything?

>>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
>mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

I removed the link.

Tzeentch in epub,
mega.nz/#!K5gUEbIB!cZVsFg3L0uPFhPRQfncY827kgy0SG5xkaOKOSK0EaYY
A better pdf,
mega.nz/#!KowlRSxA!OihYrtNQmf9CNIEs0BUVMe9BkASd8stqh1cQIRUSvSs

Just the skin, the scale cloaks, and the stone. Everything else is layer and detail

I tried doing layers for the skin and it took about 30 minutes per model just to get the 2nd layer of green.

It looks noticeable this close in photos but in person it looks indistinguishable from layering

formations costs points so they're bad.

try washes for skin, especially the newish gloss washes. They are fantastic.

Its like you want to be bad at games. Why not take the Tzaangor Shaman and make the skyfires +1 to hit.

4+ vs paradoxical shield ?
What are the maths ?
Alternatively what is the best item on the fatemaster ?
He doesn't look like a powerhiuse and seem to take the place of the unkillable great banner hero of 8th (exept nerfed)

clearly the tallyband of nurgle winning most tournament is a clear exemple

AOS is barely a game. you should spend more points on barbies to put on the table

So these are the ice clan savage orks huh? Look sweet I like the ice. What's your recipe

why not make your barbies better. Having two thaumaturges isn't going to do much. Having your leader be a tzaangor shaman with lord of war makes skyfires 2+ and mortal wounds on 4+. Like. I get more boys over fancy rules, but you can still optimize within it.

> we will see what the admins think
I'm not even the other guy, but your a total bitch.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocX6TzX-e9o

Fuck off, its got more depth than w40k or fantasy

Fuck off Matt

Are leadbelcher and warplock bronze pretty much the same color? I was gonna use leadbelcher as a base, followed by typhus corrosion and ryza rust for nurgle weapons. I wanted to do something similar with their standards and bells, possibly adding nikilah oxide, but thought a bronze color would be better for that.

I'm hoping they are similar enough I could just get one to use as a basecoat for both.

Why is there this idea that a good tabletop game needs a huge textbook of rules?!

The game works so well as it is! I implore people to just try playing a scenario or a siege game. The rules work so well when it comes to how they planned out sieges.

I got so bored playing 40k because the turns took for-fucking-ever!

Depends what you mean by better.

It's lore certainly isn't. Aesthetics are personal but I really loved WHFB's.

It's rules are too different to really compare but it's absolutely littered with holes that are never really explained. Fantasy's rules had issues but overall they were head and shoulders above AoS.

What AoS has going for it are that, for a start, it's easier to get a game because the rules are so easy to pick up. As you say, there's less structure on creating an army, you just bring whatever you want.

The barrier for entry is also much more reasonable than Fantasy's became. 28mm is much more suited to a skirmish game than a rank-and-file one, especially at the level of cost and detail GW's models come in at.

The lore is new, but it's more original than the Tolkien ripoff of the old world.

I personally like the extreme high fantasy setting.
I also like that in this setting, good is on the offense and taking back territory compared to always being besieged.
Fantasy's rules were cluttered.

The problem for most is that there is not enough depth to cover all the units currently available.

'To hit' and 'to wound' are always 3+ and 4+ or 4+ and 3+ or sometimes 3+ and 3+... and if they're feeling really adventurous it may even be 4+ and 4+!

We need more depth.

How is it more original?

They still have Dwarfs, Elves and humans... except now all character has been exchanged for an awful Diablo III feel.

Why would you ever want a unit that rolled a 2+ or a 5+ for anything?

Also, there are plenty of spells and abilities that affect those hit/wound rolls.

The game isn't fun when my opponent throws down a model that I can't damage because my guys can only hit it or wound it on a 6 or not at all.

Well you balance quality for quantity. So a Goblin may hit on a 5+ or a 6+... but lucky for you they come in the hundreds.

Go look at 40k Weapon Skill and Wound chart, it's almost the exact same thing there.
3+ to hit 4+ to wound - very rarely will you deviate from that.

So, in all honesty, I like AOS more. It's far more loose and I don't feel so restricted with the way i felt with 8th ed. i could use another page in the absurdly small rules or a price per unit thing, but otherwise its pretty great

To hit varies a fair amount when righting armies that have monstrous creatures.

To wound varies a great deal, a one point differential will increase the roll by 1+ and is also used to calculate instant death.

it was literraly the same in whfb

we went from NOT!MiddleEarth to multiverse with stargates and infinite realms.

so just like aos goblin that hit on 5+ ?

> Literary...

I don't really care for AoS's lore myself.

Saying it was derivative of Tolkien isn't really an argument but it was more divergent than most people give it credit for. WHFB was much more gritty, like Moorcroft. More to do with the common folk. The Empire was an early modern civilisation with black-powder.

AoS, to be truthful is too young to compare them. But what we currently have is Elves, Dwarfs and Humans with the same level of technology except the added bonus of physical manifestations of Gods and their servants. If anything that is more like Tolkien.

Yes they do, but regardless of if they're fighting a Bloodthirster or another Goblin they will hit and wound on the same number.

I would also like to know the numbers for the paradoxical shield...

This. Torn between the spiteful shield and paradoxical shield

I feel the fatemaster was a missed opportunity. Or maybe i'm too greedy in wanting his command ability to affect all tzeentch units and not just mortals.

What happens when you are shooting at a unit of 30 maxed out tzaangors ?
(6 mutant, 12 great weapons and 12 shield) does the tzeentch player have the 6++ ? same in close combat ?

I also wonder how broken a blue scribe with fold reality will be.

if only those fucker could be marked before the game without Archaon, they could actually be something else than shelf heaters.
One can only dream of fielding a changehost with those guys allied and not loosing the tzeentch allegiance

Same. Such a great model but just utterly useless.

it should also be 8 wounds for this kind of points

I love how "relentless killers" is a one off ability that things like deadwatch and tzaangor coven get to do EVERYTURN.
Vatanguard really need a huge point reduction or a huge buff.
AND they should be able to be marked

ePub file doesn't work. Can you reupload?

Absolutely, yes.

are you the user that created that hinterlands supplement on dakka?

if so, you're a very cool user indeed

If you like rolling dice and moving miniatures around, sure. If you like feeling satisfied after spending an afternoon playing a game, no.

>Still mad that the GT and LVO has more aos players than whfb ever gathered

Hi there folks. Asked about this in the last thread but I didn't get any responses there so I thought I'd try again. I'm building up some Sigmarines atm, mostly in it for building fun and interesting figures since I aim to use mostly sylvaneth for actual games, but I don't much care for the golden face masks. I thought I might use some kind of stylized falcon helmet, like the Horus guard of of the Stargate movie, but I have no idea where to find such pieces. Any thoughts or recommendations from you lot?

Depends. Are you looking to go full tryhard and win every tournament you can? If so, no the game's probably not for you
Are you looking to relax and shoot the shit with your friends while you play? Yes, the game is good

What is most optimal setup in 10man tzaangor unit?
Banner, horn, 2x big weapon, 2x mutants with dual blade, 2x shield, 2x dual blade?

4x great weapon, 2 mutant, banner, horn, leader + 1 shield for claiming a 6+ when you get shot at

look thousand sons from 40k

You've almost certainly observed by now that that's a contentious question but the answer is simple. No game is 'better' or 'worse' objectively. AoS is easier to pick up and play and lets you start with smaller forces for lower investment costs. The fluff is over-the-top and very much follows the rule of cool. Fantasy had more in depth and detailed rules that played more like actually orchestrating and enacting a fantasy medieval battle with large formations of units. From what I've encountered so far, AoS seems even more melee focused, having fewer ranged units and damn few ranged units that are battleline units in the new armies, which means nothing unless you're playing with points which seems to be the main way to play now.

So if you're into thoughtful battle with more units and variety, fantasy. If you're into more colorful and bold armies without tons of rules to read through, Sigmar. If you're an investor in Games Workshop looking for something that's making fucking bank for the company, Age of Sigmar is a much better choice.

huh, I actually didn't think of that. Are rubric marines kitted out with birb masks? Even if they aren't I can totally see putting liberator and paladin masks on the ashen bodies of Magnus' sons.

Your leader should also be a mutant, note.

Raw the leader is a twistbray, so can take a greatweapon but no mutant

>someone who has never played LotR or AoS

>thoughtful
Yes, pointing at the largest enemy unit and subsequently deleting it with Purple Sun/Dwellers/Pit sure required a lot of thought. So very tactical.

>RAW
RAW the leader of the unit is still a Tzaangor despite everything. This is not 40k, where unit champions are actually different things with a different statline and everything.

Like another user said, it's kind of pointless to criticize AoS for this when 40k and Fantasy were much of the same. Maybe you have to a roll a 2+ or 5+ once in a blue moon.

You'd be better off using Warmahordes or Infinity for comparisons since those are systems in which rolling a number greater than 2-6 actually matters.

I view AoS to hit and to wound as an improvement over a system with only the shallow veneer that you ever need to roll anything besides a 3 or 4. Even better if it makes GW feel better about abilities that modify dice rolls.

40k and Fantasy's systems are nice in being close to simulations, but as games they're clunky. Even LotR pretty much abandoned all but the roll to wound system with shooting being a single number you had to roll and combat requiring the winner to simply roll a higher number on the die.

You can allocate wounds anywhere so you'd put the first wounds on shield dudes.

yes but lets say a unit shot 70 shot at you.
only 1 model as a shield.
do you get a 6++ against all of the 60 shot ?

you would get a 6++ against all wounds yes, even if only 1/30 tzaangor has a shield

No? You allocate wounds to the shield guy and get the save until he dies, then you have to allocate them elsewhere.

>more about the common folk
People parrot that around like it holds any value, but WHFB hadn't been about common people in forever, beyond the occasional mention of beastmen/orcs/gibbering horrors fucking up their village. It was about glorious armies clashing, led by mythic heroes and such.
>but muh regular humans
That was literally one faction and they still had technology centuries ahead of nearly every other faction.
The rpg is another matter, though you also cite City of Secrets for AoS grit now.