Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Mega down edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware the Aharlequinsi)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!CtRSVSDY!2u0FP6Ry4k-TCzJdZLc_Jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is this thing half formed? It looks like an abortion.

Well it is

wow rude
not everyone has the luxury of being born fully formed, user
check your natural-birth privilege

So what are the Dark Eldar going to be renamed?

DAeldari? Mistakes? Just rolled into Aeldari?

Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Imperials
Codex: Aeldari
Codex: Chaos
Codex: Taucrontyri

Tyranids and Orks are being rolled into an appendix in the core rules as NPC armies intended for solo-play.

Eldrad was preparing for the birth, when suddenly Dr Watch Captain Artemis performed a house call with his power-coathanger.

I was starting to think this was a load of bullshit until I read this.

>Tyranids and Orks are being rolled into an appendix in the core rules as NPC armies intended for solo-play.

You heard it here first, folks.

I thought it was a Dreadnought giving him a Plasma Cannon enema

The epub mega is a goner. Sad.

>artemis is the reason the ynnavatar is man-sized rather than knight/nagash-sized
God emperor bless his noble heart. If only he could have finished the job and GW instead put out a proper Avatar of Khaine model instead of sephiroth the particle effecthog.

Does anybody know if you can combine IA books? I play renegades, and would like to use the Special Characters from The Seige of Vraks (IA:7), but I'd rather use the units from Warmachines of the Lost and the Damned (IA:13).

Need more specifics.

mega.nz/#F!CtRSVSDY!2u0FP6Ry4k-TCzJdZLc_Jw

archive of the epubs from september, download them while you can

Did anyone ever see New Celestine die to anything that's not a LoW or anything with similar firepower so far?
Used her for the first time yesterday and she ended up ending the game at full wounds, despite eating half an army worth of shots non-stop.

the emperor protect user

Thanks man!

New Celestine is OP as fuck. Absurdly durable, fast, deadly in CC, decent shooting, AoE buffs, and competitively priced.

>'Oh man it sure is a nice time to like Biel-Tan with all these Aspect Formations'
>'I wonder if we'll get plastic Aspects?'
>'Or even new Phoenix Lords?'
>Next campaign is called FRACTURE OF THE BIEL-TAN

What is with GW just shitting all over factions? First it was Cadia, now best craftworld is about to kerplode? How the fuck can I forge a narrative when you keep dictating it to me Geedubs?

How does I7 work with H&R anyway? Never used Jump Pack units before, aren't I checks 1d6 and need to be lower than the value? Is it just an auto-pass for her?

>Cadians still alive
>Biel-tan Eldar will still be alive
What exactly are you crying about? "Oh no, GW killed a bunch of nobodies in a terrible book that nobody really cares about."

a 6 is always a fail for hit and run, so anything over I5 doesnt affect hit and run

Try reading the rules for Characteristic tests.

They're similar to saving throws.

There's an HQ demon prince in the Siege of Vraks book I'd like to take, but he isn't in the Warmachines book. Problem is the Warmachines book has access to elite troop choices I'd like.

Can I take both?

>despite eating half an army worth of shots non-stop.
she ate them all because shes fucking fat

>What exactly are you crying about?

You could've answered that question by reading the post, but it's far easier to be a fanny and contribute nothing to the thread.

Presumably both say that they can be used in a CSM detachment.

Why don't you pull your head of your ass and actually give us some specifics?

with a second detatchment, yes you can

if there is a rule somewhere which states both books are the same faction and can be used as such in the same detatchment, then also yes

Ah, that was my second guess, thanks.

I did, just not thoroughly enough I suppose.

The AM and Eldar factions will still be the same as they were before and there's still nothing stopping you from forging your own narrative. You're literally whining about nothing.

That is not what is known as competitively priced user. What you are describing are the problems with wraithknights and taunar. They are criminally underpriced. Or OP if you will.

This Avatar is going to have... T 7? 8?

Just thinking how I'm going to have to kill it when all the faggots in my store buy it

>Cadians without Cadia
>Biel-tanians without Biel-tan
>The same as before

Losing the worlds that defined is taking quite a fucking lot from the narrative potential. You're being a prick for no reason.

>The AM and Eldar factions will still be the same as they were before
except you know, without their main factions.

Cadians and Biel-Tan are not their main factions.

They just get a lot of attention, but it could literally be anyone else just as easily.

then its time for new plastics for astra militarum and eldar!

everyone wins!

I'm not buying a single Guardsmen for my new Astra force (now 5 tanks and counting) until this shit is all over

But user i want all my models to look exactly the same

Cadians setting up copies of their home world all over the place has been part of the fluff for a while now.

Biel-tan might survive.

It also adds potential. Now Cadians can be hobos trying to get revenge.

200 is pretty standard for a special character, and Celestine is OP.

first time a fat joke on Saint Celestine makes me laugh. Well played

Difficult to say. He/she/xer looks pretty frail for a God. But its a God of Death, so it is normal for it to look like a skelly

T5-6 I guess.
My fear is, that it can compete with that avatar of khaine statline, that would be bad

she's lord of war material, for cheaper than most lord of wars and DOESNT take up a LoW slot

wouldnt you like some updated imperial guardsmen?

imagine how good they would look now. think about how good genestealer neophytes look.

thats how good they will be.

Now they can only be hobos trying to get revenge. If you happened to have your own ideas about how the defense of Cadia might've gone then tough shit apparently.

Surely, the whole appeal of an end times scenario is having your own narrative campaigns to decide, not just having mandated plot advancements?

If it's cawl/celestine tier it's going to be way better than avatar of khaine

Cadians are most definitely the main sub faction of IG.

No i want all guard to have the same look but with an updated mold :^)

Right, sorry anons it's 5am and I haven't slept yet. Let me give this one more go.

In the Siege of Vraks book, the Renegade and Heretics have access to a Demon Prince of Nurgle named Mamon as an HQ choice. Nowhere in his text does it say he has to be the army's warlord.

Now, in the Warmachines book, the Renegades and Heretics have access to a company commander equivalent, called an Arch Demagogue. One of the upgrades the AD can take turns him into a Bloody Handed Reaver. This not only unlocks a unit called Grenadiers (4+ save, hotshot lasguns), but it allows me to take them as troop choices.

In order to upgrade the AD to a BHR, he has to be the army's warlord.

I would like to keep them in the same detachment, because I don't want to have to pay troops tax on what I consider inferior (for the list build, at least) troop choices from the SoV book.

But all that is pretty much moot, because the main question is- if the same faction is represented in two different Imperial Armor books, am I allowed to mix and match their contents? Or do I have to reserve them into two separate detachments?

Hopefully that clears up any questions you had about specifics, cause I don't know how to get any more clear.

With all the shit about formations i think they open up a huge sub category that some factions are already starting to use. It allows armies to not have to take HQs. Like the Skitarii and Harlequins dont have.

Sounds fine

Sounds good to me user

I'm okay with "better".
I don't care if it is low priced for what it offers.
As long it's not just a pure CC monster like the Avatar of Khaine.

they sort of tried letting actual battles decide events with storm of chaos and that was an absolute disaster

GW have learned not to leave plot up to chance and that's probably a good thing

Thicccccc

If the Tempestus are anything to go by new Guardsmen are going to suck and be covered in shitty baroque trim and will lack the utilitarian look of the Cadian models.

Avatar of Khaine gives good morale and melee buffs to nearby Eldar units, he's more than just an impressive beatstick.

>He/she/xer looks pretty frail... ...it is normal for it to look like a skelly

Hey! Nagash is a skelly and does not look frail.

>then again pretty sure Nagash's femur is as big as this guy's body...

I think all 3 of these new models look awesome in their own way. Too bad i dont collect 40k and aint spending that kinda dosh just to paint something.

i quite like the scions look, the berets are kinda retarded though considering its supposed to protect you from harsh planets and shit

then why did you come into this thread

It would be normal for this Avatar to give huge morale boosts too. Maybe it should just be a support character?

Remember, Celestine is "only T3" yet she's probably one of the most durable models in 40K

maybe the command squad is posted on a desert world and it's so hot they need the berets so they don't overheat

imo scions look like baby space marines and nothing like guard

A lot of people like them but I have loads of and am fond of the Kasrkin models, and I liked the Space SAS look of the old Stormtroopers. If the Tempestus were something else rather than a replacement for existing units it'd be fine. I just don't trust GW with IG based on what they've produced lately.

why would that be bad?

it's the savior of eldar and the setting, the avatar of the god which will subdue the chaos gods

I'm a big fan of eldar, I play them in tabletop and I use them extensively when I GM the 40K RPGs, but I have one question...

What does a god need with a mundane power sword?

>Termies are so fragile
>Celestine is so durable
Explain for a relative noob please. She looks like an executioner or two/some Grav squads would just delete her

>imo scions look like baby space marines and nothing like guard

Imo scions look like a nice middle ground between Space Marines and Guardsmen

And I want a new guardsmen sprue if nothing else to help resolve all those awfully placed model-lines

>it's the savior of eldar and the setting
Why is such a thing a model on the tabletop? If only I had realised when the Baneblade came out in plastic just how bad things would get.

she has eternal warrior and a crazy invuln save and she deflects wounds two her supporting wound-slaves who she can revive one per turn (aka healing 2 wounds)

Ynneas Eladrith, you plebian. Vect will never die.

Looks pretty fancy to me. What I want to know is why red dude has a dire blade.

by that logic why is the avatar of khaine a model on the tabletop, why is the baneblade, why is the landraider, why even have space marines as models on the tabletop

how dare you play with models which have ties to the lore

it's the avatar of a god. And Warhammer gods have always been very heavy on symbolism and aesthetics

>this

Just bought some 40K minis for the first time in 15+ years.
Got some paints too, they looked at me funny when I asked for blood red, sunburst yellow and mithril silver.

Anyway I now have some orc boys and a truck.
I am thinking of going bad moon colours for everything but any fast attack stuff (that will be red).

I am not decided yet, does anyone have something like pic related for orcs?

Because power creep. It'd be really nice if they don't release new units that simply invalidate older ones.

Plus the Avatar of Ynnead is actually a LOT smaller than the Avatar of Khaine model-wise, so it'd seem a bit bizarre to have the floaty twink be more durable than the molten iron possessed statue.

2 respawning T3 2W bodyguards, 4++ invulns for everyone, she has eternal warrior and she has a 93% chance to respawn after she dies, which also respawns 1 bodyguard

if you can kill her twice over 2 turns you need at the very minimum 26 S6 ap2 wounds on average

no

For a newbie, shit tier, fluffy list what's the best way to get a Techmarine into a skitarii list as warlord. CAD or the armored task force formation?

This meme needs to die.

>floaty twink be more durable than the molten iron possessed statue

not pictured here: the shockingly easy to destroy gorkanaut

New Celestine is a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX

She is hardy that's it. She wins fight by attrition not because she has proper Melee or Shooting

I assume it'll be an artifact on par with the Wailing Doom the Khaine Avatar carries.

She has 2+/4++ 5W Eternal Warrior
As well as two sidegirls sporting 3+/4++ 2W

Special rule forces her to pass Wounds to her girls and bring one back each game turn.

Combined with if you do manage to kill her. She's coming back with 5W so you'll have to do it again and she's IC so she'll never be on her own

>two/some Grav squads would just delete her

Assuming she's not attached to a squad it will take 18 Grav shots at BS4 to kill her Twins and then ANOTHER 18 BS4 Grav shots to kill her the first time.

And if you fail she beings back one Twin and you're 9 Grav shots away from killing the Twin

unbound

Hey /40kg/ I have an interesting rules question for you.

So the Necrons have a special formation called a Retribution Phalanx.
The rules for it read as follows.

"If the unit of Necrons warriors or scarabs from a retribution phalanx is wiped out, it can return to the battlefield at the start of your next turn. This unit must be set up within 3" of the necron overlord from this formation."
It doesn't specify a particular size of these units.

Now Spyders have a rule which allows them to construct new scarab bases, and add them to a unit already on the table. This even allows them to increase the unit beyond its starting size.

So my question is, what happens when a unit that has had its size increased in that way, is wiped out and returns to the table using this special rule?

For example, if I start play with 3 scarabs in the unit, buff it to 5 with spyders, then the unit is wiped out, how many scarabs are in the unit when it returns?
What if I start with 3 scarabs, buff it to 5, then lose 1 to enemy fire, then buff the unit to 6 scarabs, then the unit is wiped out. Do I get 3 scarabs? 6? 7?

i dont. but if you go to the mega in op theres a section with old codexes, and the ork codexes have great art

last I checked the avatar of khaine was finecast and nobody used him

seems to me like it wouldn't be so bad if he was removed from the codex all together

thanks! Will download it

>mega in the OP
A-user ive got some bad news for you

So after i got some tips about DE las thread im thinking about a colour scheme any good ones, btw i dont like the normal black scheme

>not because she has proper Melee or Shooting

6 S5 ap3 and up to another 6 s3 ap3 attacks on the charge at ws7 and 5, I7 and I4 respectively is really nice for a distraction carnifex who is also your warlord, plus zealot

plus she's mobile and has a flamer, sure the flamer wont do much but you dont really care about being out positioned with her, so you can fairly easily get in positions to maximise the flamer

Okay, ork player here moving into grey knights, my best friend is still salt about them from 6e, how do I convince him they aren't OP cheese anymore and also what models should I look into getting?

lexicannum list of kabals

Well yeah, this is an example of the problem. 2/3 of the heroes in the last Gathering Storm were disgustingly hard to kill, and one even made vehicles around him hard to kill. Thanks to that power creep, there's literally zero reason to take the Celestine in the still valid Sisters codex over this one unless you're playing at super low points.

>5 Attacks at I7 S5 AP3 Armorbane
>not proper melee
y u lie?

Don't forget her Once Per Game S8 AP3 big pieplate. I think she's BS5-BS7 so it will hit on mark.

2 dread knights a grandmaster and a couple strike squads.