Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: I See Fields Of Heresy! Edition

Well, the Navy's bombardment of the planetary capital has stopped... Suppose that means it's our turn to lead the charge!
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

>the dust and smoke from the artilery settles, the way to the city, once a green luscious forest is now nothing but barren craters and smoking husks, the city lies in wait and silent, hiding many dangers for any to approach

>the air echoes with chuckling of dark gods, and the distant bellowing of far more savage ones

>She'd let out a low whistle at the sight before her, before a thought suddenly crosses her mind.

Didn't Command say that this is where most of Ultima Setemtnum's pay stubs are stored? Might it have been a bad idea to let the Navy bomb the living hell out of it?

>Jogging alongside a Chimera, Malak would glance over towards the trooper.

Then you'd best hope your pay records are in some stasis vault deep beneath the city. Cause I don't think they survived otherwise.

>he observes the advancing imperials with a sneer from his hq in the city, he turns over to the ork mek by his side

Wait untill they pass the demolished wall into the city before signaling the rest of your greenskin lot.

Meanwhile il get into position with my men.
Do not fail me, ork.

>he turns around and walks off with his bodyguard retuine

Well... That makes up for less cover... This be getting interesting...

Oi'! You dun't get ta tell da Orkz with ta do!

>The Ork would seem rather angry towards the heretic General at first, but then would seem to be confused. One of the "fingers" on his Powaklaw scratching the side of his head.

...Atleast... I dun't t'ink youz can... But I'll let da Boss knowz! I t'ink he said somf'ing bout a "Nasty surporse"? I dun rememb'ah...

>They pass through the wasteland, Alexei sighs and Deckard whistles
Alexei:"Such ruin..."

>they can see a single nurgling waddling up into the path of the imperials and plant a small banner into the ground
>on it the symbol of nurgle flaps in the wind
>the nurgling raises his little obsese hands and screeches in a taunt

>A heavy powaklaw would smack harshly into the back of the MekBoyz head. Sending him flying a good dozen feet, before hitting a wall.

Ah course 'e can't tell da Orkz with ta do! We'z da Orkz! Only Orkz who are bigga den you can tells ya what ta do, ya brain dead git!

>The MekBoy would struggle to stand up after this blow he'd received.
>"Stupid, stupid! Oi'z shoulda knew day one boss! I swearz I did! I swearz it!'

Woteva! Just keep ya dumb arse awayz from me!

>He'd turn to face the General at this point.

An' don't you worries ya little head off. I'z got a plan so cunnin'ly brutal, dat even dem der' Imperial Boyz won't und'ahstand it! 'ell! Even I don't know if I do! All I knowz is it's gonna be fun ta watch! He he he...

>Stares at it for a long moment
... I can't help but find this both ridiculous and adorable at the same time...

"Oh yeah! Well your mother uses vody deodorant and is a perfect, non-decaying being!"
>he yells at it

I wouldn't exactly say it's going to be "Interesting"... Deadly... But certainly NOT interesting...

>the astartes drop pods scream through the atmosphere towards the heretic-held capital

>Isabelle has remained rather quiet since the slap and proceeding argument she had received upon first seeing her brother , Malak.
>The fight hadn't gone well, with Malak having been angry at not only signing up for the Guard, but for having signed up with a regiment now traveling with Theta Gamma.
>His words had been hurtful, with his anger never before seen by her.
>Upon seeing the sight of the ruined city ahead of them through one of the Chimera's gunports, Isabelle would be left almost speechless.

I-its horrible...

>Isabelle: "What exactly is that foul looking creature?"

>Malak:"Damn Nurglings... As if the Orks and traitor Guard hadn't been bad enough..."

>Melissa:"Shouldn't we kill it? I mean, it's a chaos creature, right?"

>REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA
>The nurgling starts a valiant charge

>"Dat's it ya stupid Gretchen lookin' Chaos F'ing... Just pull em inta da city just a Li'l bit more... Den the real foightin' can start..."

Can I keep it?

was meant for

>"No! No! NOOOOOO! DON'T CHARGE EM YA STUPID GIT! DAT ain't Cunnin'ly brutal, or burtally Cunnin'ly! Dat just stupid is wot dat is!"

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>he yelps amd fires at it
"EEK!"

Rolled 7 (1d20)

I don't think that's something the Inquistor would allo-

>She'd see it charging towards them.
>She'd open fire upon the little bastard.

Rolled 55 (1d100)

>sighs and takes the gun from him
>roars at the nurgling
>roll 100 to intimidate

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>He'd open fire upon the thing as well.

What is it like? What do you see?
>The chained psyker has turned his slitlessly masked face toward her

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>Pulling up her Plasma gun. She'd aim it at the foul little Chaos beast, and fire.

>Opens his arms as if preparing to hug the little manifestation of sickness
Come here you cute lil' bugger!

>the shots miss the little critter as it charges trough the hail of fire
>it slows down a bit, thinking grampa nurgle is calling for dinner
>and immediately gets bleached into the warp with a well aimed plasma shot

>the path ahead is clear

Aww... Why does this happen every time I want to get a pet?

>the drop pods crash Into the city, letting loose a full demi-company of marines

>Slinging the rifle over his shoulder, she'd do a quick jog over to Ragaa. Her lips so to his ear that he can feel her warm breath as she whispers something along the lines of---
>"If you wanted a pet, all you have to do is say the word next time we're on the ship..."

>She'd let out a girlish giggle, before moving back from him.

Besides. I doubt you'd want a manifestation of death and disease as a pet anyways. Don't do the body good, unlike one of my meals!

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>Heretic General Bullock
>he twtiches and looks at what's going on, upon seeing the drop pods he curses and rips his jacket open in rage, drawing his power sword

WE FEAST AGAIN MARTHA, BLOOD GUARD, KILL! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

>The general is overtaken by khorne's rage as he and his bodyguard draw their weapon and run into the streets with the nearby cultissts

>the general and his guard charge at the marines (one turn to reach melee range)
>the heretic snipers and shooters open fire from las and stubber weaponry from fortified garrisoned buildings all around the marines(rollin)

I'll have 'ta keep that in mind.
Well, my uncle managed to make ointment out o' 'em. Closed wounds nicely, although the fever and the boils weren't worth it.

>the previously quiet city suddenly has sounds of gunfire from it, the regiment best make hurry before the marines are overwhelmed

>One of Malak's brows would raise slightly as he stares at the Plasma scorched spot that the little daemon had once been.
>Maybe he'd been to tough on her?
>He'd shake his head of these thoughts.
>There was no way he was going to let her stay in the Guard! She shouldn't be wearing Flak armor and carrying a Plasma gun with her! And as soon as he was out of this hell hole, he'd pull every string he could to get her shipped back home.

>Upon hearing the sounds of gun fire, Malak would silently curse his luck, before turning to the guard and scions around him.

Keep your heads down, and your eyes open! Whatever riled up the Traitors could be nearby!

>He'd turn to one of the Scions near him.

Take a squad into that building over there, and keep an eye open for trouble. You see anything, you let me know.

>"Understood!"

>if they passed into the city, that's where the Ork's job is to attack en masse

>With the Imperial forces having passed the checkpoint, the Cunnin'ly brutal Kommando, Sneaky Snek, would send the "Signal".
>The Signal being the use of several hundred pounds of fireworks with Gretchen attached to them.

>A massive blast of light fills the sky. The glowing debris that follows is shaped like the face of Micheal B'Ork.
>Not a heartbeat later, the collective snarls and shouts of several hundreds Orks screaming their warcry can be heard throughout the city. Their voices coalescing into one mighty voice, as a single word is heard---

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH~!!!

>he sees this
"Uhh...lads...do you think that might mean something?"
>he stares blankly

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Kill the heretic!
>Behrend uses his jump pack to close the distance and makes a diagonal slash at Bullock

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Kill the heretic!
>Behrend uses his jump pack to close the distance and makes a diagonal slash at Bullock

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>Heretic General Bullock

>the heretic is in such a furious rage he does not stop his attack even as he is struck by the space marine
>the wound pours blood as it rends trough his chest armor and leaves a red streak on his torso
>his own chainsword swings at the spacemarine in a rage fueled uppercut

"Oh! Oh I see then! Hey fellas, we're advancing in the wrong way, we're supposed to be going the opposite way!"
>he turns around and speeds, nervously whistling

>Charging out Into the streets from, as well as even through nearby buildings, are hundreds of Orks of all kinds, ranging from Sluggas to Nobs, Lootas too Shootas, Burna boyz to Zappa Boyz, and even the sight of a few MegaNobs and Storm Boyz. Their weapons firing upon the unsuspecting 'Umies before them!
>Pulling up the rear, and breaking through just as many walls as it's foot bound comrades, can be heard the rumbling of an Ork Stompa!

>Sir! Enemy leader spotted in the open
How observant.
Guardsmen aim!
Fire!

>A firm hand would grab hold of the cowardly man's shoulder.

I don't suppose you were just about to try turning tail and running... Were you? Because that would be bad...
>The man would feel a pistol pushed against his side.

Very bad...

Rolled 19 (1d20)

I said fire! You greenhorns!

Rolled 20 (1d20)

>Behrend takes a hit, but it does not manage to make it through his armor

>he makes a swipe at Bullock's legs

"I...I'm going to presume that is indeed a gun i feel and you are not just happy to see me"
>he chuckles nervously

Oh, but I am happy to see you trooper. Happy to see you fight and die for your Emperor, that is. Which is what you were about to do, wasn't it?
>The gun's barrel would push firmly against where the man's back, as if to emphasize what he should be doing.

"Indeedily sir. Oh and..."
>he swings his butt as he walks forward towards the battlefield
"I'll see you in your tent after the battle"

Rolled 14, 13, 15, 3 = 45 (4d20)

>The Ork StormBoyz would quickly attempt to jump their way into melee with the Lt. And his men. First roll, should they fail, their attack is roll loses 5 (which is the second roll).
>Several groups of Orks would begin firing upon the Imperial vehicle column. Third roll.
>Seeing the sight of Space marine droppods, the Stompa would begin firing missiles at what they assume to be their drop site. Fourth roll at -2

Rolled 9, 8 + 3 = 20 (2d20 + 3)

>Heretic General Bullock
>his legs suddenly get seperated at the knees and he falls before snapping out of the rage inducted stupor, going pale

Get the general out of here!
>one of his guard bends down to pick him up
>but gets riddled by holes and falls dead on the general
>some other heretic drags him off into a house with a tunnel entrance, leaving a trail of blood behind

>the rest of the guard swarm Behrend in suicidal rage (+3 to their attack roll, +3 for attack rolls against them

>the heretic garrison fires back at Lt.Rex and his men

(first roll suicidal bodyguard with+3, second roll heretic garrison, no benefit)

>The Major would let out a sigh, before pulling for his Exitus rifle, and making his way towards some higher ground from whence to more easily pick off Orks from.

>the Vox crackles to life as a calm pilot starts speaking
This is Combat air to ground Squadron Doberman on approach, break. All ground forces be advised that air strikes have been green lit, break. Mark troubled targets in red smoke, Over
>a Quad of Vendettas starts up high in the clouds, spotting potential targets for strafing runs

Rolled 4, 17, 7 + 3 = 31 (3d20 + 3)

>Behrend's battle brothers join him in combat
>together they engage the traitors in melee combat

>He'd answer the message as he finally reaches a decent vantage point.

Understood Squadron leader. I'll provide targets as you go. Just follow the big red dot.

>Squadron now has +1 to attack rolls so long as the Major continues to spot.

>once again, Behrend takes a hit from a traitor weapon
>this time it draws blood, but he does not appear to be fazed

Rolled 19 (1d20)

>Blood guard
>the mortal heretics are slain to the last

>the last one drops his trentch knife and pulls the pin on a plasma grenade
BLOOD FOR THE BLOO G-

>bang
>roll for damage

Roger that Major. Pick a target and consider it gone. We're setting up for an attack run.
>The vendetta's pull a wide loop, preparing to do an initial dive on their targets.

Rolled 15, 11 = 26 (2d20)

Die you scum sucking sewer dwellers!
Return fire!

>notices the green tide crashing into the line cutting down a trooper
Fix Bayonets!
Reform firing line!
Cover the left flank!
Suppressing fire!

Rolled 8, 7, 13, 20, 3 = 51 (5d20)

>Some of the Orks would notice the Traitor forces retreating.

>"Oi! Dem der' 'Umies is retreatin'! Is day a bad sign fer' us?"
>This Ork would receive a smack to the head for his "thinking".
>"No ya git! Dey's just useless 'Umies is all! Don't mean nof'ing special!"
>"Oi'z guess youz roight! Afta allz, you'z the biggest Ork i'z can see!"
>"Yer' damn roight I am! Now keeping foightin', or I'llz give ya'z anuda smack ta da noggin'!

>With this, the Orks would begin firing upon the regiment, and the Space marines.
>Several Warbikez would attempt to fire upon Behrend and his squad. First roll.
>Several Boyz would charge towards Ragaa. Their eyes filled with intent to kill. Second roll.
>Several Orks would charge towards Malak and his men. Third roll.
>The Stompa would fire it's 'attlin' Gun at the space marines. Fourth roll.
>Several Orks would attempt to fire their Shootas at Deckard. Last roll

Rolled 7, 14 + 2 = 23 (2d20 + 2)

>a building collapses and several heretical snipers are taken out by well placed shots
>the vox scrambles a retreat order
>the buildings start to empty into a tunnel system below, heretics grab their wounded and run into spider holes nad tunnels in building basements to fall back

>a horde of Khorne worshipping zealots charges from a descecrated imperial church, led by a musclebound pale man with scars across his body and a red sack cloth over his head, raising a chain axe into the air

DROWN THEM IN BLOOD, BROTHERS!

>the others charge past him armed with melee trench weapons and dressed in loose red rags

(they have +2 on attack as long as red sack lives, all attacks against them have +3 due to lack of armor)

>lost in their blood rage they attack both ork and imperial alike, making them a double threat
(roll1: Imperials, Roll2: orks)

Rolled 17, 7 = 24 (2d20)

>they fire onto the green tide
Deckard:"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!"
>The bullets miss them

>Behrend and his brothers hit the ground
Behrend himself remains unscathed, but his brothers take many damaging hits

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>One of Malak's Scions would go down from a hail of bullets. The Squad status on his Helmet's HUD, says he's dead.
>Malak would curse his luck, before he and his squad returns fire.

Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>Red Sack the Slaughter priest

EAT AXE, BLEEDERS!

>he charges across the battlefield and leaps among them with unholy streingth, his chain-axe roaring on the tempestors

Rolled 19, 5, 7, 4 = 35 (4d20)

Doberman 1-2 and 1-3 hit that stompa with everything you got!
1-1 hit that troop blob in the open with HE
I'll hit bikes!
>the four Vendetta's dove on their targets
>the first two let out a barrage of rocket and lascannon on the stompa. first two rols
>the third dives low and comes head on at the Korn charge with rockets.. third roll
>the lead dives on the driving bikes

>the first two have a +1 for the laser

>Melissa and her partner would quickly set up their autocannon emplacement, before firing upon the green horde. First roll.
>Isabelle would quickly start firing ofd bolts of plasma at the green ride before her. Second roll.
>The men and women of the 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment would begin firing everything they've got at the horde. Third roll at +5 (it's an entire regiment, what do you expect?)

Rolled 1 (1d100)

>Behrend and his squad get up from their prone positions and attempt to locate the heretic general

>they locate his legs

Rolled 2, 4, 8, 14 = 28 (4d20)

>Forgot to roll, also gonna add Malak's attack into this.
>The Scions are no mere men. They are the best that unaugmented humanity has to offer, and they show as much by dodging the attacks, before bringing out their own blades. +3 as stated before

Rolled 15 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>he gragles and vmits his blood, spraying it all around him as he swings the chain axe around
>the tears off his sack hood and the human skull with flesh stripped from it roars into the tempestors's face as it gives all of his streingth into a final massive blow (+1 to attack, with the +2 bonus stack, for the penalty of instant death next turn)

>the rockets pick off some of the charging cultist, showering the others with gore

>Johan hears the the all too familiar cries of charging heretics
>the tiring chants of blood, skull and several vile and infuriating comments about ones mothers

Squad shift fire concentration at the cathedral!
>Johan pulls out his laspistol, "Nutcracker"
Fire at my command!
>aims for the crotch of the pale musclebound heretic
Fire!

Rolled 12 (1d20)

>The Stompa takes a direct hit to where it's missiles are currently located. Causing them to prematurely fire off into the distance towards the heretic position. (Sadly this is the first roll with +5 to hit only heretic positions.)
Due to the fact that the scions are quickly enveloped in close combat, none of their few shots hit anything more than a Gretchen on a Wagon.
>Several mobs of Orks are blasted away by the duo, but more continue pushing forward. Second roll is to fire upon them. +1 due to the number of Shootas being fired.
>The StormBoyz take a few hits, but they press the attack in melee. Third roll
>The Stompa quickly turns around to face the oncoming Vendetta's, and fires off it's 'attlin' Gun at them. Fourth roll.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>a squad of assault marines rocket towards the stompa, equipped with melta bombs

Rolled 15, 12, 18, 20 = 65 (4d20)

>Can I please stop forgetting TO ROLL!?!

Rolled 5, 7 = 12 (2d20)

>Alexei gets a bullet to the side and Deckard gets a graze to the shoulder
"Shit! Mate are-"
"Keep shooting!"

>the missles whizz off into the air and manage to intercept and destroy a low-flying tight pack of fighters sent to fend off the imperial bombings, no air support of chaos today

>Many of the Scions go down in bloody gore as the Warp infused cultist slaughters them with his Axe.
>Even Malak takes a hit to his arm, before driving his power sword deep into the Cultists chest, and firing an entire clip of point blank Bolt pistol shots into the man's face.

>((Damn...))
>one of the diving Vendetta's is struck dead on
this is 1-2 we've taken damage... 1-3 is hit! It's going down!
1-1, gun run is ineffective pulling up to assist with heavy armor...

>rolling for punch out of 1-3 pilots.

Rolled 7 - 3 (1d20 - 3)

>damn me...

Rolled 18, 15 = 33 (2d20)

>the greenskins engaged the guards in a melee felling several guardsmen
Fireteam 2 fallback and cover team 1

Team 1 hold the line!

Rolled 18, 9, 1 = 28 (3d20)

>Sadly, they underestimated just how quick this bright yellow Stompa is, and complete miss their chance.
>A hardly an Ork (you hit a few Gretchen, but they don't count) gets hit by their shots.
Many of the StormBoyz are killed as they are sent flying when their packs rupture. Causing them to explode into a shower of fiery debris and gore that would make Micheal Bay cream his pants with delight.

>The Ork Stompa, having dealt with the Vendetta Squadron for now, would attempt to drive over the assault marines that had tried to melta bomb it. First roll -1 due to them being assualt marines.
>The Orks would be too busy laughing at Alexei and Deckard to want to shoot them. Instead they'd focus upon Melissa and her heavy weapon's teams. Second roll.
>An Ork MegaNob would issue a personal challenge to Behrend. Should he refuse, he and his men receive -2 to all rolls for two turns. Should he accept, I'll roll the MegaNobs attack.
>Several Zappa Boyz would fire upon the Vendetta's (both the active ones and their bailing pilots. 3rd roll

Rolled 8, 5 = 13 (2d20)

>he wobbles around and suddenly grabs Malak's sword wrist, leaning down to him with his head, now more resembling a red cauliflower, one non-destroyed red eye stares into his
>the throat remains gurgle blood as he almost touches malak's face with his

>his body shudders and twitches as he is pincushioned by dosens of shots before the remains of the champion slide off the sword onto the ground

>with the initial charge insucessfull, the remains of the khorne horde regroup and charge again, right into the melee with the orks, engaging both, with wavering spirits as their idol died a messy (And epic) death

Rolled 96 (1d100)

>the Marines attempt to jump out of the way

Rolled 3 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>Behrend jumps to the nob's position, using the momentum from his landing to power his first attack

Rolled 7, 1 = 8 (2d20)

"Oh...uh..the idiots aren't paying attention"
"FIRE MORE THEN!"

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Squad pick yourselves up. If you lost a limb, leave it, we will come back for it later.

Reform on me, and resume fire at the heretics and keep overwatch at the greenskins.

>Malak quickly uses his training and superior skills as a Scion to escape the Heretic's clutches before he can try anything else. Before quickly reloading his Bolt pistol, and firing another clip into the man to make sure he was dead.
>Afterwards, he'd grab a chainsword from one of his deceased comrades.

Rolled 20, 12, 14, 4, 16 = 66 (5d20)

>Thankfully all of the marines manage to escape with their lives.

>This MegaNob seems like it means business. Especially when it manages to grab onto Behrend's leg right as he's about to land, and uses the momentum of the man's jumppack to fling him into a nearby building, before charging against him. First roll.

WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

>Sadly all of their shots miss, and Deckard a Lasgun has stopped functioning due to its focusing crystals being used up and out of place.

>They manage to lead a successful charge against the Orks that are now fighting the madened Khorne cultists.

>The Orks begin firing their Shootas upon Deckard and Alexei once again. Second roll.

>The Orks currently in Melee attempt to deal with both the Khorne cultists (third roll) and the guard forces (fourth roll.)
>The Stompa attempts to fire it's 'attlin' gun, against Assault marines. Last roll.

Rolled 19, 7 = 26 (2d20)

>Alexei gets another bullet in the shoulder, growling he grabs Jane's las and fires upon the orks
"Uhh...sure"
>Kane tries to find another weapon

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>Behrend's jump pack sustains critical damage and stops working
>he revs his eviscerator and takes a defensive stance against the nob

>The Orks took a beating during this, and are incredibly confused by it for a moment.

>"Oi! Dem 'Umies is tryin' ta kill us as well!"
>"Well, den we'z just gotta kill em as well!"
>"You'z i'z da Boss, boss!"

>the combined efforts of the imperials and orks in melee overwhelmed the khornates and they serve the blood god as fountains of blood

>with that the last heretic in the area is gone or dead, leaving only orks to be dealt with

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>Johan decapitates a stray ork with his chainsword
Base of fire in my position, engage the orkz.
>the guardsmen leveled their lasguns and fired, red light meets green tissue