/swg/ - Star Wars general clean slate edition

Previous Thread:Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

miniaturemarket.com/ffgswx62.html
lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/
khairulhisham.deviantart.com/favourites/57089897/Star-Wars-Games-Official
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the lack of Force users
Lack of jedi, maybe, but not a lack of force users.

Nightsisters deserve death.

oops

I'll take whatever non-Jedi I can get.

Even in death they still spook all around.

Only until Ezra.

>Until force empowered Aladdin and company come and exorcise the place

BoShek? More like BlowMe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-*hack* *cough* *cough*- Don't touch me.

I can see him being annoying, but not particularly effective. Kinda like Cassian Andor

I mean, I don't really see much use for him in all honesty though other than fucking with newer players

One U-Wing left!
miniaturemarket.com/ffgswx62.html

Is this the Skirmish on Wobani?

Is it just me or is the U-Wing the ugliest wing?

It could've been good, but they made it swing the wrong way.

They just started to pop up at my local store, actually.

So I just recently got into Imperial Assault and X Wing and was wondering what the best option was for sleeving the cards included. I know fantasy flight stocks a particular range but am interested to see if anyone had success with other brands. I never got into trading cards on account of being poor as fuck as a kid so have no idea about quality of sleeves. Thanks

I'm having a hard time imaging it swing another direction because of the bottom layer boosters
and because my imagination / creativity is a bit lacking

Worst wing

Ugliest to me is still T-Wing

It might be the worst wing but only just barely. And I feel like it might edge past the B-wing, if people aren't into the B-wing design.

The U-wing is cute. Cute!

Yes it is.

Speaking ill of the Best-Wing.
don't do that.

Of cannon Alphabet-Wings? Yeah. Legends still has the ugliest wings around. H, E, T. Three of the ugliest ships ever designed for Star Wars.

E wing is my second favorite. Don't badmouth it plz

Don't forget K!

Preybirds are still the sexiest though.

Those look like they're held together by LEGOs

No!
B, E, and K are my wingfu's

I feel like the U-Wing would have been cooler if the superior LAAT didn't already exist.

I just ordered a TIE Bomber for X-wing, mostly because I'm a fan of the classic TIE-designs in general. How much am I going to suffer trying to make it halfway effective?

Aw, fuck.
How cool would Scarif had been if the rebels had some refurbed LAATs?

TIE bomber's with the TIE shuttle upgrade and a Rebel Captive are pretty good.

Are there any fun dropships other than the Clone one? I want doorgunner funtimes.

This isn't a bad place to start

Tomax Bren [TIE Shuttle, Crack Shot, Rebel Captive] (28)

The design kinda grew on me. Of canon wings B is the worst.

Tie Bombers are unfortunately currently worst bombers. Still can be ok in non top-tier matchups.

There is the VAAT from the same period that I like the look of. Also the Republic Police Gunship have there own special kind of 'so ugly it loops around to lovable'

That thing is a beaut.

As much as I would've loved seeing LAATs at Scariff instead, people would've complained about excessive fanservice.

What's a good way to store X-wing upgrade cards that isn't a binder?

I'm looking for a box to store a shitload of upgrade and maybe pilot cards.

You mean they don't already? Bringing in the LAATs would have changed nothing.

>Republic Police Gunship
*looks it up* Oh, the one that looks like a fucked-up TIE Fighter.

lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/

You guys ever use this site? It's a site that has squad lists from a bunch of tournaments.

Basically you type in what you're looking for (p=Han, ship=t70, u=rey etc.) and it brings up all squads that have what you searched for in it. I find it's good when I just can't figure out what to put on a ship, or who to fly with it.

But RLM would have complained more.

Who cares

I've used it, it's pretty helpful for broad meta research.

I mean, it would have made sense too given the time period, RLM would have complained anyway

Why on Earth do I find the character concept of "a Hutt that sucks at being a Hutt" hilariously novel?

So the main takeaway from this is that they can work fine as long as I don't try to actually use them as bombers?

Bombers generally aren't great in the current meta anyway. The bomb mechanics just aren't there.

RLM?

Red letter media

Ordinance carriers in general I mean. Torp/missile spamming.

Red Letter Media.
Honest and funny movie reviewers who Star Wars fanboys shit on

What are you taling about? This is the bomb meta. Top lists in many regionals have been Ks loaded up with bombs and one was even triple Punishers. The problem is that Tie Bombers specifically are easy to kill and die before they can drop everything.

Missiles are good, but there are better imp ships for that role.

Are you high? Bombs are the top shit right now.

Bombs are pretty good in the current meta.

A Gamma Squadron Veteran with Deadeye, Extra Munitions, a bomb(Thermal Detonators or Proximity Mines are good here), guidance chips, and either Proton Torps or Concussion Missiles

it's 29 points, it punches holes in enemy ships on the first flyby, and then drops bombs on where they will go.

I guess it's my local meta then.
Didn't see a lot of bombers at the Regionals I watched either.

I think she looks okay. I still think the core ships (X, Y, A, B) all feel much more cared for and maintained. i'd rank her alonside the ARC-170, but certainly not as bad as the E-Wing or V-wing(not the republic one, see pic related).

So continues the proud tradition of Veeky Forums being shit at every game they like

Which career/spec for a social character who thrives on knowing people and having a variety of underworld contacts?

If we actually played the games, we wouldn't be on Veeky Forums

Star Wars fans loved them for tearing the prequels a new one, but then the negative review of Rogue One happened and all the drama that followed it

Well the newer fans it makes sense because it's the movies they're growing up with now.

I definitely like the old fashioned Coruscant Police VAAT/e there more than the TIE looking one.

But they needed a Hyperspace capable spacecraft, that was new (And not already saturated in the toy market)

Smuggler Charmer has lots of social bonuses and streetwise and Knowledge underworld as skills.

Also consider scoundrel in the smuggler career

>Only being shit at the games you like
>Not being shit at every game ever

Get on my level scrubs.

It is true that my desire to visit /swg/ is directly proportional to the time since I last got to play an actual game.

>he doesn't like the space huey

Which class is better for a Rodian? Survivalist, Bodyguard or Marauder?

Is a Trandoshan survivalist any good? Are Trandoshans better marauders than Wookies?

Can anyone answer this question for me?:

I distinctly remember being told that a lot of the bad ideas that permeated the old jedi order (stuff like forbidding marriage, completely divorcing yourself from your emotions rather than deal with your issues, stuff that caused the oder to slowly become less and less effectual until the time of the clone wars when they were so disconnected from the galaxy that they couldn't do a damn thing to keep it from falling into the hands of one Sith) were the result of the teachings of this one chick from Kotor. What the hell was her name and what was her deal anyway?

Make up your own mind. Why are you trying to optimize in a narrative game? Fuck which one is "better," pick the species you think would be most fun to roleplay.

Fuck.

Dirty Kreia

Nothing in KotOR is canon, and bioware/obsidian were off base about how the force works anyway.

>Why are you trying to optimize in a narrative game?
probably because they are still Veeky Forumsers at heart and have an almost compulsory need to make any build as munchkin as possible, even when there isn't one.

>Why are you trying to optimize in a narrative game?
As long as the rest of the group doesn't mind/is doing it too, what's the problem? It's not like he came in asking how to fuck up someone else's game.

so what the hell was her deal? why promote ultimately toxic addendum's to the jedi philosophy in the first place?

>Make up your own mind
Gotta love those trips

She was a sith lord.
Because she was a sith lord.

Bothans are hot!

point taken.

Surprisingly long-term plan though for a Sith.

Gavin Darklighter, is that you?

>The force is a binary morality meter that makes your character glow like Jesus or be more veiny than your grandma's tits
The fact that FFG uses this at all in FaD still irks me. If I were to run a FaD game, I'd keep track of Morality myself, and only inform the players how their feelings change every 10 morality up or down.

The teachings about maintaining such emotional distance came about from Odan Urr, around the 4000 BBY. His version of the Jedi Code became the doctrine, and his teachings emphasised regular meditation on the Force.

He felt that, by meditating, a Jedi could examine their emotions, to ensure their clarity of judgement was not being clouded. However, over the thousands of years between his time and that of the Clone Wars, this had shifted into the beliefs we saw on display.

That's just the product of them having KotOR 3 lined up before it transformed into an MMO

Is there anywhere with all the art out of the FFG books?

>be company who makes D&D games
>make your star wars game the same way
I'm not sure why anyone acts surprised.

FFG don't make D&D.

khairulhisham.deviantart.com/favourites/57089897/Star-Wars-Games-Official
Hardest google search of my life, I tell you hwut.

I'm talking about bioware and obsidian, numbnuts.

and if you follow kotor lore the jedi were straying from that and becoming more emotional until they all fucking died so they became super monks after

if you follow the old post ep 6 novels lore with the super extra galactic aliens, they just naturally became stricter and stricter over time

Odan-Urr ruined everything.

I actually like the idea of tying emotion and morality into power levels
>if you're grieving or traumatized you lose control of your ability
>anger amplifies your ability
It makes the whole "the dark side is a shortcut" make sense because you quickly gain more power but have little control over it, as opposed to jedi who spend decades since they're 6 years old refining their emotional and force control.
Also makes more sense when you consider Vader and Sheev's vs Maul's (or even Ren's) flailing like general ability / control.

The execution though is all just coincidence or is severely lacking otherwise

>full of great art
>literally none of what I'm looking for is in there

fuck me i guess

i'm just trying to find all of the career artwork from the corebooks, specifically AoR

well it sounds like, according to this, what "ruined everything" is each generation of Jedi getting just a little lazier in the mind and rather than follow the spirit of Odan Urr's teachings they followed the letter of his teachings while also slightly over-simplifying those teachings for the next generation.

so over 4000 years you get from:
"meditate on your emotions to ensure they are comming from a good place and aren't becoming something dark"
to
"EMOTIONS ARE EVIL! PURGE THEM FROM YOUR MIND WITH MEDITATION ALL DAY! EVERY DAY"

>spirit
It certainly doesn't help that his version of the code is "There is no X, only Y." His code literally begins with "There is no emotion." And the Wook describes it as a "refined" version, indicating that he had the original text available for reference. If he hadn't messed with the "X, yet Y" format, the Jedi would have been a whole lot less screwy.

I don't know if I get more mad about the Jedi being pigeonholed into being emotionless droid fucks or the Sith somehow always being chaotic evil assholes when their code is about passion and self-empowerment.

>tfw no story about a slave who internalizes the Sith creed and leads a glorious revolt against cruel masters, using his righteous fury to break his chains and become free

You mean average reviewers /tv/ takes as fucking gospel.