MTG Pet thread

If you could keep any MTG creature as a pet, who would you choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

hellyeahwhitevillainy.tumblr.com/post/156146220627/mtg-analysis-archon-my-way
hellyeahwhitevillainy.tumblr.com/post/156183936067/mtg-analysis-individual-archons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well played.

If you have 30 of them, they can kill Emrakul

Would let them corrode the neighborhood

An archon, duh:

hellyeahwhitevillainy.tumblr.com/post/156146220627/mtg-analysis-archon-my-way

hellyeahwhitevillainy.tumblr.com/post/156183936067/mtg-analysis-individual-archons

They're pretty cute

>Does it come with a free rider dude?

This

What could possibly go wrong?

i'm sure this will turn out ok

Probably this one.

This is a plan utterly without flaw or possibility of error! I am a genius!

So cute!

not oldtimey worded enough
The Xs below are the number of Rats in play on your side.
2B: Create another Pack Rat. Represent it with a token, making sure to indicate when each is tapped. Treat it as another copy of this card in every way, except remove it from the game if it ever leaves play. You must discard a card to make this token.

I didn't make it, I just like it.

I'll take the Grinch

WinterSeasonFinale.animu

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Cute incarnate

I think they come as a package.

What could possibly go wrong?

assuming no other permanents, you might need 36

never noticed there's actually a guy riding it before

yea, its a shame she's dead

Shit, you reminded me of the Myr.

I think a cute flier would be a nice pet.

Gotta go with slivers. They were one of my first introductions to Magic and I've always loved them, even with the... odd.. redesign.

What's the story with that anyway? I've been outta the hobby since the eldrazi.

You just want to lick those hips user, don't lie.

They're slivers from a different plane. Just like Kamigawa goblins look different from Tarkir goblins, which look different from Mirrodin goblins, which look different from Dominarian goblins. It's just the first time we've seen a sliver from somewhere other than Rath.

The implications here are frankly terrifying the way that Slivers work. Makes me wonder if someday we'll see a Sliver planeswalker.

Dem hips are nice, but nah. Picked that one because it'd probably be the most relatable. Easier to talk to than others.

Actually it was kind of just retconned (I think your explanation was initially what they were going for, but maybe retconned is the wrong word) in m15 that the humanoid slivers are just more mature and highly evolved slivers than the worm-like scythe-arm things which are said to be a larval stage, We still don't know anything about Shandalar's slivers though, like where they came from, if they're native, if they're related to the ones Volrath put on Rath, or really anything other than that they exist on Shandalar. I feel like it was set up for a Shandalar block about it.

Kind of off topic, but how strong are slivers? In theory I could see how they could overpower pretty much any force with brute strength, adaptability, and numbers. How would they hold against like, eldrazi or phyrexians?

Well we do know that they can talk and do the hive-mind bit, and use rudimentary magic sooo yea, possibilities.

>phyrexia
>LaughingVolrath.webm
The main thing to remember with Slivers is that in fluff, they only buff each other within a certain range. What that range is, is up for debate.

I know a bit of volrath's power, but as far as the phyrexians i was out of mtg during the prime time for them. I wasnt really into lore and I quit playing with mirrodin, so my knowledge is limited at best. Slivers just always seemed like their adaptability and numbers would make them absolutely insane to deal with.

It does make them insane to deal with. To date, nobody has been able to come up with a lasting solution to a Sliver hive in the neighborhood. Temporarily holding them like Rath did sure, making temporary peace with them via diplomacy and hivestones yes, but none of it has lasted.

Any notable encounters you can think of that might have some interesting lore?

This guy seems pretty chill.

Alternatively, these guys.

All of the weatherlight crews interactions with them are pretty good.

Who do you suppose would win between the Slivers, Eldrazi and the Phyrexians?

Elesh Waifu

Going by lore?
Old Phyrexia + Yawgmoth > Eldrazi ?= Modern Phyrexia > Slivers
Maybe if you gave the slivers an uninhabited planet and a few thousand years to evolve they could win. I'm really not sure if Eldrazi or modern Phyrexia would win, as neither could really corrupt the other and thats a big strength they both have.

This cute little guy is my favorite! Look at how it fidgets with the hedron and mills the opponent a little.

I wonder what Amonkhet's crab creature is going to be.

If you pet died while you're playing in a tournament would it be a legal move?

>yea, its a shame she's dead

Dead girls can't say no, user.

He's cute and he'll do chores around the house.

>now neither of us will be virgins!

Well since there's finally a Pangolin in the game I'll take him.

I think the physical difrences mean they are from difrent planes
The change in mechanics to only affect your own silvers i have no fucking idea it was fucking retarded mirrors used to be so much fucking fun.

the guy IS the specter user

I wouldn't make him go into battle, he'd be more like Ash's Pikachu, but without being a battling creature. Although it would be a little awkward having a robotic fox on my shoulder. I'd imagine he'd be pretty heavy, being made of metal and all.

I know, I would have tried to teach her to enjoy smiling

Prowling Pangolin bro

I've never looked at this thing up close. Other than the armour, it's made entirely of tentacles.

Yawgmoth would be the only being on old phyrexia able to face a titan, and he was still weaker than ugin who needed help from two other powerful beings to merely enslave the eldrazi. So nah. The power chart currently looks like this:
Power of friendship>plot armor>eldrazi>Bolas>Ugin>Karn>Marit Lage>gods and deities in their respective planes>powerful creatures(praetors and guildmasters for example)>other walkers if you disregard the first two places

not
>Don't trust anyone, including your self

>Plane assisted by planeswalkers>eldrazi
FTFY

The Eldrazi literally suck mana and turn everything into monsters.

The phyrexians would be finished, period

Fuck you, I love him.

Mechanics change was due to trying to bring them inline with how they do lords since around Kamigawa/Ravnica, though shades of it started in Mirrodin and even in fucking Torment.
The fact that Slivers worked otherwise in Time Spiral was solely due to it being a nostalgia block - otherwise they, too, would have been updated back then along with everything else.
While I liked what happened in the mirror myself, I can understand WHY they wanted to change it. Still feel it would've been more interesting having slivers be the exception, but I can see the reasoning - it's not Fucking Retarded or nonsensical or anything, it honestly IS a perfectly logical thing to want to do. It was, however, a horrible idea to do it alongside the change to how they looked. Fuck that change.

I like the old sliver look, this new 'further evolved or matured' form idiocy just rubs me the wrong way and takes away some of their alien appeal.

The actual reason the "neo-slivers" look so different is because originally they weren't Slivers at all - they were supposed to be a brand new creature type that operated like the Slivers, except they buffed only friendlies. The decision to make them Slivers after all was done at the last minute, after all the art had already been commissioned.

They're called "Alpha", the old-looking slivers are still a majority but sometime you'll see one or two of those among the ranks. They"re in no way smarter or more individualist than any other sliver and are still perfectly linked to the hivemind, they're just "leading" the small packs.

It was implied that the Hivelord isn't native to Shandalar.
The first known hive on Rath was, while not exactly controlled, in the situation it was and forced to play guard dog by Phyrexia.
It is unknown what cost Phyrexia paid to acquire such a guard dog, though.

It really does - and one of the big reasons I love the slivers is because of how they look. Because they're one-armed eyeless mouthless twintailed THINGS. It's unique.

Well yes, and at the point of having art commissioned I wish they'd kept them being sleens instead of slivers because those fucks aren't slivers. Had they made the decision earlier they could have fucking not commissioned fucking Predators.