Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Humans

>Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Humans

>Gnomes are bigger than humans.
RIP common sense

Am I supposed to interpret this left-to-right?

Is that Sasquatch-looking motherfucker your version of Gnomes?

Yes.

The premise that all fantasy races would be descendants of various hominid species is actually pretty neat.

I prefer them being modified versions of different species.
Like some space gods came down to the planet and wanted some fun tabletop games, so they each modified a different species into sapient bipedal life forms with varying stats.
One god picked apes and made them into the versitile humans, another one picked hogs and made them into dumb but strong orcs. Another one took moles and made them into dwarfes and so on.
They fought a short game for a few thousands of years, then went to eat lunch and haven't come back yet.

> Gibbons, Orangutans, Chimpanzees, Gorillas, Humans.

I don't know about the standard playable races, but I think Orang Utangs using tools make for fine trolls.

Nice idea but maybe they should be closer to homo sapiens, maybe make them all homos ?
Or at least "evolved" enough to be sapients.

Swap Orcs for Gnomes and that could work.

Humans are the Elves.
Neanderthals were the Orcs.

elves fuck orcs out of existance

Orangutans look the most human honestly (out of the great apes that is).

No dummy, neandertals were dwarves.

>elves

> Humans
H. sapiens

> Dwarfs
H. neanderthalensis

> Halflings
H. floresiensis

> Elf
???

Pokemon sucks digimon is way better

>> Elf
>Homo Silvanus

H. Sexualus

We should probably just accept that Neanderthals were Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis at this point since they were obviously cross fertile with Sapiens Sapiens. Else Everyone north of the Sahara wouldn't be 4-6% Neanderthal.

The idea of fertile offspring indicating two things being the same species is out-dated. You can breed cattle with bison and get fertile offspring, as you can with most canids. Neanderthals are drastically different enough to be considered their own thing.

I don't remember the definition of species being conclusively changed.

>dwarves, elves, humans are literally the three that always have to be in a fantasy game

Would it really kill people to have something different?

Grey wolves and domestic dogs are l i t e r a l l y of the same species.

Coyotes and wolves can have fertile offspring, as can more distant animals like pseudorca and bottlenose dolphins. Domestic dogs therefore do not have to be Canis lupus.

Being unique for the sake of being unique is pointless and usually a waste of time that take a lot of focus out of the characterization, plot and world building.

The same reason why Tolkien use existing folklores to serve as his basic of his Middle Earth setting instead of an unique one of a kind 2deep4u setting is so he can focus on telling his own setting history, plot and characters instead of wasting more pages on lore dump.

No, but why?

I've fiddled with similar ideas before, although normally I only have Halflings be directly descended from an extant Hominid(they're to Homo florensis like we are to Homo sapiens idaltu), with the other Demi-Humans(Dwarf, Elf, Gnome) instead being unique species that branched off around Homo rhodesiensis, and most of the Monstrous Humanoids(including Merfolk and Giants) branching off even earlier around Homo erectus(although the majority of them didn't assume their modern appearances till relatively recently when an early magocracy approximately 20,000 years ago altered them magically for use as weapons)

two more important notes;

1. Neanderthal Man still exist, although they tend to be called by other names in setting(their preferred name for themselves is Alma), and they happen to have incredibly powerful inherent Primal magics(as they were adopted by a Demiurge of Nature around the time they would have gone extinct IRL, which allowed them to survive and bounce back), they tend to not be good with advanced technology though

2. the Monstrous Humanoids, rather than being actual human/beast hybrids, just happen to resemble(through a mix of natural evolution, domestication, and magical alteration by the previously mentioned ancient empire) the animals they're commonly associated with(so a Minotaur doesn't have the head of a bull, but rather they look like what would happen if you took a human and warped their head to look a lot like a bull's), with some types being more extreme than others(Wargs are basically what happens when you warp the human body into that of a quadrupedal hypercarnivore)

Neanderthals had bigger brains, they would be good with tech but can't run fast.
And that suck at sports
There Jews. Just make them Jews

Yeah, Neanderthals are humans who are somewhat smarter but are autistic and antisocial. In a world where Neanderthals still exist, basically all of them would post on Veeky Forums.

in this case they suck with tech, not because of brain power, but because their inherent nature magic is potent enough that they normally don't need to bother with anything above early Bronze Age in terms of technology, at least in the various vales, mountains, and forests they live in, adventuring Almas tend to pick up tech relatively quickly though once given a thorough demonstration(unless they're a druid or shaman or other religious type as their Holy Men & Magic Users tend to be restricted from using tools above a certain complexity)

also any thoughts about my other ideas?

Why did they blur out the genitals? I've heard that humans have absurdly large penises for primates and I figured that I'd finally see a comparison but their dongs are super granulated. This is FUCKING BULLSHIT

Soft parts aren't preserved so we have no idea how big their dicks were. We've yet to be lucky enough to find a mummified neanderthal.

These are modern primates. As points out

they are in MY homebrew!

I like the idea that halflings are variant homo sapiens like real life midgets, dwarves are akin to a branched evolutionary path before homo sapiens, and elves, gnomes and orcs are descendents of spirits which took humanoid form. I also toyed with the idea of a new race (daemons) which is evolved humans which are similar to humans but thinner and taller and have mild ASPD but are very industrious. Sort of lawful neutral, bonus to INT race.

Chimp dicks are about human length but weird and thin cause their females have huge inflamed asses while in heat. Their balls are huge though, no idea why