Xenomorphs vs. Genestealers

I know how well 40k versus threads usually go, but I think this one could be interesting. To make things better, I'm gonna present three scenarios:

>Scenario 1
One Xenomorph vs. One Genestealer, blank, featureless void, nothing to give either a terrain or situational advantage.

>Scenario 2
Five Xenomorphs vs. Five Genestealers in a derelict space ship. Assume these are basic Xenomorphs and Genestealers, so no Broodlords, Queens, or anything like that.

>Scenario 3
A full one Genestealer cult consisting of the entirety of a Hive City vs. A Hive City whose entire populace has been used to make Xenomorphs. The Xenos have a Queen, the Genestealers have Patriarch, Magus, and Primus. Assume the Cult has Genestealers at every generation stage, as well as off shoots like Aberrants and Metamorphs. The Hive Cities are within 10 miles of each other, but there are no other lifeforms for hundreds of miles, so neither side can infect more people.

Who would win Veeky Forums?

Genestealer outsmart xenomorphs by LIGHTYEARS, and hvae more claws.

Also go back to WWW reddit.

Genestealer - they are more robust.
Xenomorphs - they can utilize terrain better.
Cult - either by warpfuckery and assorted witchcraft or by war of attrition (they can keep breeding).

>Robust
Greytider detected.

Off-topic stuff aside, basically what he said, even though i'm not sure on the last one.
Imagine what would happen if a facehugger were to implant a genestealer.

Genestealers can cut through space marine super-armor like it was made of butter. Xenomorphs have trouble with metal doors Genestealers can also telepathically communicate with one another via the hivemind, Xenomorphs cannot.

You do the math.

Genestealer Magi and Patriarchs also have fairly considerable Psychic powers including one that would pop potentially dozens of Xenomorphs like ticks held over a lighter at a time, and keep doing it too.

>Imagine what would happen if a facehugger were to implant a genestealer.
Assuming we're talking full blown Cult, the stealer commits messy suicide just to make sure the thing doesn't hatch. Brood telepathy is one hell of a drug.

Genestealer wins- Individually the genestealers are pretty fucking op even compared to creatures as mental as the xenomorphs.

Tie- while the genestealers has the physical advantage the xenomorphs could manage to win by tacticaly sacrificing some of their own. That acidblood is no joke even by 40k standards.

Xenomorph colony wins- yes, genestealers are stronger and their numbers are similar, but producing a purestrain genestealer takes five generations, gestating a xenomorph warrior form from an egg takes place over the course of a single movie

The resulting abomination will seek out the Tyranid hivefleet, have it's enchanted genome absorbed, making the Tyranid race as a whole, even more dangerous.

Plus, the hive could make more Xenomorphs from captured Genestealers and Cultists, whereas the cult would rely on regular breeding.
The Cult would lose simply due to attrition.

That said, the Cult would have a few advantages. Vehicles and the ability to operate the Hive's perimeter defenses are significant.

Indeed.
Honestly, if the cult manages to cut down enough of the xenomorphs, while suffering minimal losses, they could starve out the xeno hive in the third scenario, because without fresh victims, the xeno hive cannot replenish it's numbers.

Did everyone forget about acid blood? Any stealer killing a xenomorph is gonna loose a couple limbs at best, if it doesn't die painfully.

>scenario 3
hybrids are able to use their hive's defences and nuke the aliens' hive.

Going by the rules of 40k, acid blood requires you to make an initiative test to avoid getting hit. Genestealers are gonna dodge that shit 5/6 times.

Wait

Arent Genestealers just xenomorphs on crack?

Seriously fuck off OP I love 40k but you crossover autists should be all gassed

I dont know

Apparently I'm the Obsessive Crybaby... I don't know how to feel about this.

fuck you. I'm the white establishment

Fuck you, I'm the Coke Fiend!

Fuck you im the bible nazi

>Acid blood
Predators seem to take them down without that presenting a problem

>BOW TO ME. I AM THE CAR ALARM.

The mother fucking well educated black man.
y'all bitches best watch out. I'll be taking yer jobs and yer womens

People obviously have forgotten that genestealers can implant xenomorphs as well.

>Behold! The decision to give up.

Fuck my name.

Excuse me America, it is I, The Buzzkill

You may already be familiar with The Infamous Decision to Give Up.

genestealers can have acid blood themselves.

Well... - it isn't 40k acid blood.
With this argument you could say all Genestealers can be infected by facehuggers.

I think that Xenomorph would rape a genestealer. But again, I watched Alien and Aliens last month and played through Alien isolation around the same time, so I'm heavily biased.

One clear battle advantage over genestealer a xenomorph has is acid blood. At best genestealer will make it a tie, since he gets his face dissolved by acid if he manages to get a jump on xenomoprh.

In terms of reproduction xenomorphs are faster, wa-a-a-ay faster. Drop a few facehuggers on undefended imperial world and a genestealer cult, even if you give cult some running distance, xenomorphs will still outpopulate them in a short time.

I think they're focusingm on the whole generational hybrids thing only being useful in the long term.

Though the whole mind control bit would immediately and quite useful.

Those movies are retarded and made by retards.

>The Undead Dude Who Won't Leave
Fuck yeah, I'm a spooky slasher villain

>annoying one who leaves passive agressive post-it notes everywhere;
Very well.

>BEHOLD! The Cry Baby

>The Overwhelming Coke Fiend

Individually? Xenomorph. Xenomorph is all about the sacrifice and the one we got in Alien was smart as fuck to the point it knew to hide in the shuttle after Ripley had already circumvented it.

Genestealers are smarter on the group level ofc but the problem then arises that can they outbreed an alien hive when they rely on generational breeding? Bare in mind that 1st gen kids are near identical to their host and there's no fucking way a Genestealer is going to be able to use a xenomorph as it's genetic vector so it will need a city nearby which only increases the xenomorph breeding rate.

Genestealers lose on every level because while they could be stronger individually - they would lose on the group or colony level without severe advantages like establishing the cult beforehand.

Xenomorph hives and their natural advantages > Genestealers and their advantages. Even with the Genestealer Primarch being in a fight? The Aliens win because they'd outnumber the Genestealers 60 to 1 and a single Xenomorph dying within proximity of the Genestealer wins it for the hive.

It's just a one sided affair.

>dodge it
>after shoving their hands into the chest cavity of a xenomorph

Hah. You wish. Xenomorphs can dodge bullets by that logic.

A problem with these scenarios is that the Alien canon is even less consistent than 40k's in terms of a xenomorph's abilities.

When people think of Xenomorphs they usually consider these in Aliens, which are cannon-fodder bugs that run headfirst towards Marine fire, explode with one shot, seem to win only through ambush and numbers and sometimes their acid blood is even forgotten on screen.

Compare those to the one in the first Alien, who was an unrelenting, unstoppable force and could take a flamethrower to the face and seemingly survive the vacuum of space. Or to the 'dragon' in Alien 3, who took several tons of molten lead and kept going. I blame that fuckhead Cameron for taking a fascinating alien concept and turning it into generic space bug for his space-bug movie (although it's a pretty awesome space-bug movie, I'll admit).

Generally speaking though I'd be in favour of Genestealers.

Genestealers are just xenomorphs on steroids though, Genestealers and their cults have psychic powers, they can use weapons and veichles. Both can probably make genestealers/xenomorphs out of eachother, acid blood is a pain but they can just shoot them from range, if they have a hive they can just use the pdfs weapons, tanks, altilery, air crafts. A cult also have a undying zeal.

Comparing two setting like these are stupid when genestealers are just xenomorphs ala 40k

>The obsessive car alarm
Wonderful

>The Never Ending Tumblr Critic