Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Masterwork Clothes Edition

How is your character stylin, /pfg/? Outfits costing less than 300 gold need not apply.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/
docs.google.com/document/d/1BA7rjS6WBGeY9TXQ7ULu7HNrLGdj-9dlCNflooXy41s/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for how to pick a character name

God damn my hands hurt looking at that drawing.

What's the source on that image?

let me help you with that

Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Otoyomegatari, Or A Bride's Story
Its a mangu set in old Turkey, About a woman who travels to meet her new husband only to find out he's 8 years younger than her.

Look up Gary Gygax'sExtraordinary Book of Names

Embrace the Embroidery user

Not OP, but its a super comfy slice of life manga called Otoyomegatari, or "Young Bride's Story", that takes place in Kazakhstan during the early 1800s.

The OP image is from the very beginning scene when the main character is unveiled to her new husband

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

Is there an appropriate "density" of combat encounters in a dungeon, you think? Assuming that a particular dungeon is more than just a series of boxes for a series of fights (which IMO is a shitty dungeon) and is a set piece that has a role in the story, minor or major... Each room in a dungeon should have a purpose I feel, which can be to host a fight with enemies but it can also be to hold information or items for PCs, to facilitate the dungeon's in-setting purpose, or for the inhabitants of the dungeon to use for something. Not all chambers in a dungeon need enemies or traps because of those various options, but at some point wandering through an endless sprawling complex devoid of encounters gets stale. When is that point, or in other words, "How much empty space is too much empty space"?

Hey~ fellow readers!

I ran the first Pathfinder session for my group in a while, after a six week hiatus.

Everyone had fun, but the session was poorly designed so I can't call it a real success. I need to shake the rust off and get back in gear.

Thanks!

don't worry Veeky Forums

she also draws weapons.

Uh.. sorry if this is retarded but actually..where do I get manga these days? It's been a while. Sorry if this is a retarded question.

Ran mass combat rules.

It's a tad bit clunky, but I feel like there's something you can use there if you set it up correctly.

no worries, its not retarded.

mangahere.co/

>implying my characters have the motive or the means to engage in bourgeois pastimes such as wearing 300+gp outfits on a regular basis for their own sake

You are funny gold man.

His noble outfit and parade armor are so dirt-encrusted he looks more peasant than the average peasant.

He only recently found out he was supposed to actually wear that bling with it or it's useless. He's still not sure if he's just being lied to about that; he's only seen people wear that stuff at the fanciest party he's ever been to.

The pain is real.

>style
>outfits

So... you want a list of my character's magic gear?

OKAY FOLKS I HAVE A GREAT IDEA

A REALLY LONG TIME AGO an ancient human empire existed BUT UNFORTUNATELY A REALLY BAD THING HAPPENED AND IT KILLED EVERYONE

but BEFORE THIS BAD THING HAPPENED a couple of rich people, a few nobles, and the King got together and decided, "screw this bro we're out" and opened a portal to a n o t h e r d I m e n s I o n, taking all their material possessions, assets, and such with them before the BAD THING fucked everything up.

While there, they meet this REAL FRIENDLY FELLOW who claims to be a POWERFUL MAGICIAN who can help them adapt to the environment of this n e w d I m e n s I o n which isn't really friendly to humans, in exchange for laying claim on a portion of their souls after they die. The nobles agree to this deal, and settle in this land with no sun.

About ten-twenty-thousand years later, the human empire has been rebuilt in this dimension- though they've lost the records of the BAD THING that occurred that originally drove them there because of civil war (creating a few more empires), splintering, and general age. A new group of magicians have gotten together and decided to try and rediscover how they got to come to this place, because they know they didn't originally live here, and they're looking to go back to their roots!

That's where the party comes in. Originally a bunch of criminals convicted to Death Row, they get a new lease on life so that they can explore the other side of this portal and return back with information!

Here's a couple notes:
>Everyone is playing tieflings, with alternate heritages being okie dokie kosher (except the Qlippoth-spawn maybe they're groooooossss)
>Everyone is gestalt, but it's Vigilante on one side and any non-full caster on the other side.
>Psionics and Path of War allowed. Vancian spellcasters are limited to the Occult spellcasters (to emphasize their weirdness) and the Alchemy-using classes.
>Level 3 start
>25 pb

Is this a good idea? Would /pfg/ play in this?

Is N. Jolly stuff allowed?

Yes. I forgot to mention that. N. JOLLY CONTENT IS KOSHER

>any non-full caster on the other side.
Would this also mean any non-full manifester aka no Psion?

Sounds neat though.

Psion, Wilder, Vitalist, and Tactician are kosher so long as the cheese that results in them skyrocketing to like tier 1 is kept to a minimum.

maybe if you could repost this without the HAHAH WACKY FUN BUT ALSO DARK DUDEBRO filter

Last thread someone said there was a tengu witch. Is that correct? I cannot seem to find it.

>even in sketch the character is detailed
>artist self-insert is literal stick figure
that woman has issues of the self esteem kind

A really long time ago there was this empire of humans. Some bad stuff happened and it all blew up (because of reasons). Before then a couple of rich people got together and said, "bro, let's get out of here" and they all up and left and went to another plane. There they met a powerful fellow in a cloak who claimed he could help them out because this other plane was really not a nice place to live. He wanted a bit of their soul when they died because (reasons that i'm not gonna spoil) he makes good deals, and the nobles accepted this. Fast forward ten-or-twenty-thousand years and there's a new human empire and a bunch of magic scientists have decided they want to go back and see what happened to their ancestral homeland. The party is composed of death row inmates/life-sentence prisoners who have appealed to the court and are going to be given a lesser sentence if they survive the trip there and back.

The parameters for character creation are thus:

>Tieflings, with alternative heritages allowed
>Twenty-five point buy to generate ability score attributes
>Gestalt, except that one class must be vigilante
>Path of War and Psionics are allowed
>Vancian magic removed apart from Occult casters and alchemy-users.

And part 2

Oooo~ I gotta do that.

most artists in cultures that don't place too much value on creative expression do.

Where the lewd games at?

NO

DO NOT

So I want to talk a little bit more about the planned structure of The Revolution at Corkheel Square.

As I was talking about the previous thread how the revolution works is there are 9 factions within the revolution that contest one another for power. Each one of them has a predominant alignment. As the players complete events both what events they choose to do and how they complete them affect how powerful each of the factions are and the revolution as a whole. As well as there is a possibility of shifting some faction's alignments, drastically changing their overall demeanor and the revolution.

This is not exposed to the players, but to the GM, the GM tracks the following scores:
>Faction Strength (number for each faction)
>Revolution Alignment (derived from faction strength)
>Revolution Morale, Influence, and Strength

Each day, depending on these statistics, different events will trigger.

Here is an example event:
>Name
The Battle of Blue Harbor
>Description
The Canker Fleet have finally amassed the resources to launch an attack on The Blue Harbor.
>Requirements
Lawful Aligned Revolution, The Canker Fleet: 7, Strength: 5, Basalt Tower Blueprints

We see how an example of different requirements. The first being the Revolution's alignment, the second being a particular faction's influence, the third a revolution stat, and the final a unique item that the characters could have gotten on a previous mission.

Now we'll separate events by their types:
>time dependent events
can occur anywhere between some date markers
>one day events
only can be triggered one day under certain conditions
>time independent events
can happen any time under the right conditions
>static events
always occur
>random events
have a chance of occurring on a day that no events are qualified for

The goal of this is to create an AP that changes drastically each time you play it. Depending on what faction one supports one may see any number of events.

Thoughts?

Don't advertise them: Otherwise the unwashed masses will start applying.

there

Thank you

Have you ever read Scenic Dunnsmouth?

To speak to why I chose to represent the different factions by alignments it is largely due to ease of running. Originally I considered political ideologies. However that is much harder to write for and to give a concrete system for while the GM runs the game. Alignments were chosen because of the ease of system creation.

Next the time scale. At the moment each book is planned to cover a 6 week period, so that over the course of 6 books it takes the players through the better part of a year. I have considered expanding it for two months so that the AP ends on the first anniversary of the revolution.

Finally I would like to ask if there is anything glaring here that people very much do not like? Or any sort of changes they would like to see.

are you using this "and then this thing happened for some reason" type of dialog because you haven't actually thought up what it is yet?

not saying its bad if you don't have it all worked out yet but i'm curious

>Scenic Dunnsmouth
No I have not. Should i give it a look for ideas?

welcome!

Is it bad to ask for advice on homebrewing here?
I've been working on a merchant class for a while now, been dry on ideas for a while and just tweaking whats already there. Was kinda going for a pet class with some special perks from their profession's guild.

Link for those interested.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BA7rjS6WBGeY9TXQ7ULu7HNrLGdj-9dlCNflooXy41s/edit?usp=sharing

is there any way to build and play a blind character that is still relevant/competent in combat

>I tried to think about what kind of female I wanted to see
>naive but wise
>older but young
>strong but spoiled
>oh and she's good with a bow

Well... You have to respect anyone willing to put their work out there, I guess. And the clothes do look nice.

If you're willing to only be semi-blind the Clouded Vision cursed oracle does exactly this.

There is a Merchant archetype for Henchlings in Gonzo 2.

>
youcheck /soc/ thread from link
>see setting idea linked in /trash/ of all places
#
>So I've had this idea kicking around for a setting and game rules to play an erotic campaign using a modified Pathfinder system. I tried discussing this in the /ERP/ thread but it doesn't seem to be a good place for discussion, so I thought I'd put it up here and see what happens.
>Fair warning, the setting and premise focuses heavily on genital modification, enhancement, removal, damage and rape, don't say I didn't warn you.
well then
you were not wrong

Mostly because I haven't got it all worked out just yet, BUT when I do it would be massive spoilers for a potential campaign, which is why I'm saying "yeah it's a bad thing that's all I can tell you" because I don't want to reveal it.

It's just interesting, because every time the adventure is run it's different

Well thats great but its not a full class, nor what I'm going for with this.

Master of Many Styles Monk with the Blinded Blade Style feat tree? Gets you 30ft. Blindsight with the final feat.

HVGM here.

I'll be honest, I haven't done 5 minutes of prep all week. I will be up all night making sure tomorrow's session is prepped.

So hyped tho.

Why only tieflings and why make everyone also have levels in vigilante

>why only tieflings
Did you not ready the history he just provided?

No idea about the vigilante stuff, maybe he just really likes. I always have to remind myself that people mean vigilante the class, not the Stalker vigilante archetype. That wasn't the smartest thing DSP has done.

One: Because Tieflings mang. I haven't been really subtle about this but basically all these nobles made a deal with a Certain Red Devil to escape annihilation.

Two: I want to run a Vigilante game, and some of the Vigilante's disguise and social abilities will definitely come in handy in the game. However I also want it to be face-busty as well which is why I'm stipulating that it be a gestalt game.

Three: Vigilante gestalt is something I just really want to run.

Which HV?

Because I... well, this next session I need to sort of wing it because the Lamashtan raped the priestess who was supposed to give a sermon, and now they've been deputized by the sheriff to hunt down the Tiefling who did it.

Huh. That's my ERP setting thread there, I was actually just coming here to see if anybody wanted to contribute or help brainstorm.

I understand it's really, really not everyone's cup of tea but I thought I'd ask, didn't expect it to have already been mentioned and linked.

But yes, a world where adventurers in revealing outfits go on sexually charged adventures where the consequence of losing a bad fight isn't dying, but the potential of your character being emasculated.

Also mind you I was talking about the /ERP/ thread on /trash/ which seems to be people actually roleplaying rather than discussing roleplaying, so I figured what the hell and just make my own thread.

Wasn't me.

edgy

I would be pretty disappointed if that was done. That said, lets not reveal anything we don't need to.

Well I think you're an absolute madman, because gestalt is annoying enough to track and stacking a viligante on top of it WITH path of war is going to be a nightmare

Oracle?

Fellow GM here, what you should do something that your future self will thank you for, is get all the tokens ready for what you think the next few sessions are, grab the maps, slap 'em on the map layer, generally get shit ready.

When you come back to do a session, open up roll20 and "Oh shit, I already did that." You'll feel great. Takes like 2 or 3 hours (with breaks) to do.

I'm waiting to be a bit more sober before starting.

Vigilante isn't THAT annoying. It's less a pain to track than a Medium is.

How many classes are there in Pathfinder?

Is there a better support Mystery for Oracles other than Life?

No worries my dude, I just suggested something more like a weekend project.

Just Paizo? 11 core classes, 9 base classes, 3 alternate classes, 10 hybrid classes, 6 occult classes, 4 unchained classes.

Like, 5 or something.

So how big a clusterfuck would a 35-stalt game be?

Extremely.

Just tracking all the class features would be in a nightmare. Starting the game as 20 times of spell casters would mean never running out of spells.

>35-stalt

Two free 18s, and double classes? Sounds like you can take on CR 20 monsters at level 2-3.

Nah, you suffer the unfortunate condition of having only 2-3 HD. Being near a Great Wyrm kills you just from flame aura.

Building a dungeon here, need an answer from some knowledgeable user.

In a large castle, fortress, cathedral, or similar structure that has multiple floors, how would the halls be arranged across the floors, relative to each other? Should Floor Two's hallways be directly about Floor One's hallways, or should the halls specifically be placed so they aren't vertically aligned, or does it not matter?

You've got 35 classes and no energy resistance?

I was gonna say, a good cloudkill would wreck everyone

Where can one find these? I've never seen these pages scanned on any of the sites with scans of the books.

Make a new thread, please.

There are worse things we have discussed.

Even then. The dragon just full attacks you.

any advice for a GM who would like to run a gestalt E6, fairly lethal but story driven game?

A level 1 Gestalt is still only level 1 no matter how many classes you slap on it.

cornugon smash + signature skill (intimidate) best day of my fucking life

The dragon casts Greater Shout.

I mean, yeah you're strong but only having a few hit dice is suffering.

Why not come join the /trash/ thread? That's where all the discussion has happened.

I'm not sure it would work if I tried to manage two threads at once and I'd rather not get banned if a particularly prudish janitor wanders by.

DM allows 3.5 Knowledge Devotion + Studied Target best day of my life.

So would you consider that the main hurdle to be accounted for, then? Keeping track of so many classes for each PC? 35-stalt would be enough that every PC must take levels in each non-alt, non-unchained class. Would you suggest some sort of class table for each PC, listing every class feature gained at each level on a long line, or some kind of matrix-index with overall level one side and the different classes on the other, where you fill in your choices for each class at each level at the point of overlap? Or some other system?

Pic related.

No one going to talk about color spray vs a low level gestalt adventurer?

Honestly it just sounds unfun.

Sure.
Now that's just silly. At level 2 you can have rogue and get evasion to negate all that damage. Yes, we can do this back and forth all day, and you probably can't beat a Great Wyrm Dragon at level 2, but you're going to have to put more thought into this.

Add in 3rd party materials and the list basically gains a zero at the end.

Even at low levels you're going to have an obnoxiously good will save. Even with just 2stalt you can get silly saves early on.

Remember, 3.5 had around 8-900 1st party PrCs.

Tell me about your D&D Military Companies /pfg/

The Sons of the Vulture are a mercenary cult. They worship a pair of mother gods, one of blood and one of gold, both of which they tithe after battle. Rank is conveyed by a series of gold coins and rubies worn on the lapels of officers, and the leader wears a headdress of vulture feathers. The big scavengers are used by the company scouts as well. The most important facet of their culture is that upon death a Son is excarnated, left out to be feasted upon by vultures and other carrion birds.

Did 2hu just kill the Katapesh game?