/swg/ - Is He, Dare I Say It, Our Guy? Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOUW-sALp4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>looks more real than Rogue One

Question I am getting read to DM my first swrpg EoE game. One of my good friends is a notorious powergamer if not outright munchkiner. What are some combinations I should be on the look out for if not outright ban him from playing?

Requesting gif of Grevious getting btfo by gungans please.

How many fucking lightsabers do you need on one weapon? God damn.

Droid-Marauder-Gadgeteer. I've got a guy in my game with 12 soak and 5 defense, the only way I'd be able to actually harm the guy is with ultra-focused marksmen or high ranked Unleash power.

Outlaw tech - any crafting class
Trader - Quartermaster

Gadgeteer+Heavy Blaster Rifle
Marauder can be cheesed as well
Any crafting focused build that he tries to cheese with droid minion groups and time abuse.

Hmm that does sound nasty. Is there anything else?
Interesting if it helps this guy only does combat classes so I won't have to worry about her breaking the economy.

What books do you or him have access to? Be wary of Marauders and Gadgeteers, therein lies the cheese. The Heavy in Dangerous Covenants might be a nasty thing to have in combo with Gadgeteer for the auto-fire buffs.

letting her lay hands on a weapon with Autofire without nerfing that quality beforehand is a recipe for a goddamn cheesy horrorshow, twice as much if there's a modification-focused class on hand

>this guy
>her

The Autofire property can be problematic, but you should be able to handle it.

If they only do combat classes, you have very little to worry about. Most of the cheese comes from crafting and weapon upgrades.

Now, if there's a party member doing the crafting for him, there may be a problem...

Honestly I don't get people's problem with cg-tarkin. Once I got over the initial shock of seeing him on screen in 2016, I wasn't even thinking about it.

The big thing I think to limit is jury-rigging with sunder and autofire, possibly also concussive.

She lurks here so I was using him not to draw and but I fucked up. I will be wary of autofire than.
Knowing her she probably has access to all of them. Personally I have only read Age and Edge and haven't delved to deeply into the supplements.

It looked better than episode 2, but it also wasn't nearly "real". It didn't really hurt the movie for me as much as make it obvious that CG just isn't quite there yet.

It looked awful and jarring to me but tolerance for CGI varies pretty heavily from person to person.

I agree, but it wasn't as bad as people make out. I guess they just haven't nailed eyes or something

I think it's skin for me, I always notice how CG skin is different from others.

Ok I asked her what she was planning and she said a gadgeteer bounty hunter. I asked if she was gonna cross class but she claims that she doesn't know yet. My other players will be a spy a smuggler and a commander.

or a thermal detonator.

Ask her what kind of weapons she plans on using as a Gadgeteer

same here user. I thought he was great. Nearly fell off of my chair.

Guys, this is an imageboard. Post interesting shit with your posts. Try and use up the bandwidth.

And just as I say that the damn image doesn't attach.

As you wish

Confirmed to be the Chimera by Pablo

It was his clothes and lip movement for me. His jacket didn't crease like proper cloth and his lips never synced quite right.

Repeater carbines

The body was a real dude though wasn't it? I thought it was just his head that was CGI.

Try using those carbonate droids from Force Unleashed II to stun him. Idk if it'll work since I still haven't played FFG RPGs, but if you turn him to cement you're golden.

Is there some good Old EU in-depth stuff on Tarkin that would paint a picture and really help me understand him as a character?

looks cheesy to me

The starship "Wanda" has been mostly blocked out. It's hideous, but impressive at the same time.

The original model was symmetrical with two weapons pods, but the ship was "refitted" with a hideous blister and a cargo pod. The fact that the second weapons pod was shot off and the ship was salvaged has been carefully removed from the sale paperwork.

>Is He, Dare I Say It, Our Guy?

>tfw no SW miniatures wargaming

I guess one could use Rogue Stars and some Imperial Assault miniatures, though.

The engine has also been modified. The four safety vents (two top, two bottom) have been refitted to act as retrothrusters. The ship's main drive has never been particularly stable. Catastrophic misfires can result in "Wanda" flying backwards at great speed.

In the hands of a skilled pilot, the retrothrusters can turn the ship into a fearsome dogfighter, capable of flipping on the spot or corkscrewing like mad. While it will never outrun a TIE fighter it can almost certainly outturn it.

This is very, very important considering the ship's weapons...

The turbolaser mounted on the starboard side looks impressive, but it's an older model that requires a built-in heat sink. Still, it can vaporize a shielded fighter in a single hit or bother a capital ship.

The weapon is not turreted and has no tracking ability. The pilot and the gunner must work together very closely to hit a moving target.

To help with the limited firing arc, a turret-mounted laser has been bolted to the top of the pod. The traverse is jammed (in fact, it was never functional), so the laser can fire forward or backwards but nowhere else.

The cargo module isn't enormous but it can hold a few standard shipping crates. The front is hinged. The pod is connected to the ship by a crawlway airlock.

>that would paint a picture
Here you go, user.

Tarkin was basically an old EU novel that got delayed for nucanon, but it's worth a read

The upper deck contains the bridge, two staterooms (which are no longer used for anything like their original purpose), the ship's hyperdrive, and a few alcoves of uncertain use.

The open section in the centre will eventually contain some additional machinery, but there are no handrails on the starship "Wanda".

The hyperdrive room also contains the ship's dorsal airlock and scanner tower.

It also contains Ed (the Hutt) from time to time.

Ed is not pleased that he's become the ship's navigator, but apparently nobody else can do math.

"Wanda" was built by a 4 foot high race of six-limbed climbing creatures. When it was retrofitted and resold, the climbing web was replaced with an extremely dangerous staircase. Humanoid creatures risk breaking their leg or cracking their heads with every step. Ed has also coated the stairs in Hutt mucus.

The ship's decks are also shorter than the usual humanoid standard. The brochure said it was "cozy".

I’m gonna be running an EotE game soon. No idea what the players are going to be playing, so we’re gonna do a character creation session/game discussion to start off. However, I’d like to throw in a little tiny adventure/encounter at the end, probably something that’d take an hour or two at most. I was thinking of having their ship accidentally send them to the wrong place and they receive a distress signal there with a couple of different options depending on how I see the party. For example, if it’s a non-combat heavy party, they might find an abandoned settlement or an old ship that was never seen to. If it’s a more combat heavy party, it could be a trap set up by pirates or something. Any cool ideas for little encounters that I could use?

Have you looked at the back of the book?

If the pcs are combat heavy you can send them to a small imperial weapons testing facility and maybe allow some of the pcs get some experimental imperial weapons that might just exploud when fired.

If you're comfortable enough, I'd skip the whole "tiny adventure" intro and go straight to the main plot.

If the tiny adventure is the lead-in, that's fine, but don't make it meaningless.

For any adventure, you need to set:
The Conflict: Why are the PCs here? They aren't just here to look at the scenery. What's going on? What can they do about it?

The Connections: What elements of your story are present here?

The Resolution: What steps can the PCs take to advance the plot? What elements can be exploited? You shouldn't have a "right answer" in mind, but you should have at least one possible answer. Let the game decide what the real answer is.

For intro sessions, make sure each PC has a one-on-one conversation with every other PC, to start to establish relationships and roles.

>
Ed is not pleased that he's become the ship's navigator, but apparently nobody else can do math.
that's hilarious

I had my group break into a starship hangar to steal their ship, and gave them several options. I used old B1s for the enemy mooks.

That's a bit involved for just a quick single-scene type thing, I think.

They board the ship, and find a gaggle of old B1 battledroids trying to take it over (poorly). The players have to put out/avoid fires and other ship damage, give medical ssistance to some crewmembers, all while battling with the rogue droids.

I’d like to find some way to make the tiny adventure relevant to the plot, but no one has really communicated what kind of character/game they want to play. So I’m reluctant to really write the main plot before knowing any of that.

I’ve run Trouble Brewing before, didn’t really care for it.

thanks for the ideas anons.

Ed (the Hutt) is a pretty darn good PC.

Ed can't shoot. Ed doesn't understand the value of technology, but hoards interesting parts to sell. Ed is bad at selling things.

But Ed is also extremely fit (for a Hutt), due to his former lifestyle as an agricultural slave, extremely loyal, and... Ed can bite the head off a stormtrooper.

Do you know about owl pellets? Owls hork up all the indigestible bits of bone and fur in big, sticky pills.

Imagine Hutt pellets made of stormtrooper armour, bones, bits of food wrapping, and tin cans. They're also the size of a toddler.

If no one has a set idea, go by preferences of your game group.

Cinematic? Heroic? Hilarious? Serious? Exploratory? Idealistic? Profit-Seeking?

Pick a few ideas and build a framework from there.

And pick a setting, time period, and starting location too - it will help them focus their ideas.

The other PCs are B4-S1L, a protocol droid now fluent in over six million forms of murder, Omi Palova, a Twi'lek used starship salesperson who is way, way too trusting, and Korben, a bounty hunter who may or may not be exiled royalty.

They are also, completely by accident, heroes of the Rebellion.

And they just, again, completely by accident, stole a lightsaber from an Imperial Inquisitor.

What sort of interesting vehicles would you expect on an Outer Ring racing circuit?

Pod racers. Each one is a complete custom job.

Oh yeah. Derp.

The PCs are heading to a planet with a lot of salt flats. I suspect podracing is going to be considerably quicker than usual.

if it's salt flats, why not wheeled ground vehicles with starfighter engines crammed in for 100% Kamikaze maximum-speed drag racing?

Don't forget the most important part. Hostile wildlife.

i guess they dont want to touch the ground

What are these "wheel" things of which you speak?

Same, when I saw Peter Cushing resurrected in CGI, the audience heard a softly whispered yes from the center of the theater.

when my theater saw carrie fisher, i could hear cheering and wooing

God damn was Bendak Starkiller a bitch to fight as a non soldier class.

I know it's never going to happen but after watching a bunch of Clone Wars I'd really like to see a one-off Clone War era box set for X-wing. Maybe Grievous' starfighter and a swarm of 5-6 Vulture or tri-fighter droids against a pair of Actis or Aethersprites and 2-3 ARCs, Torrents or V-wings. Kind of like a core set but scaled up to a full sized game worth of ships or maybe a little over that. I wouldn't even care if everything was balanced against the rest of X-wing, in fact it would probably be better if it wasn't since I don't know how many more general purpose fighters the game can support without excessive overlap and it would let them have more freedom to just make really interesting things without having to worry about breaking the entire system with any of it.

maybe check shapeways or something.

I saw Rogue One right after Fisher's death. The only thing I did at that scene was bawl my eyes out.

This guy gets it

Any news on No Disintegrations scans?

since the OT was made in the 70s, what career would you suggest for a easy going cool cat disco dan type character?

Administrator of Cloud City.

Honestly, people make too big off an issue out of the autofire and jurry rigged combo.

if she goes that path just put a force sensitive nemesis with a lightsaber in front with 4-5 ranks in reflect. adversaries don't pay strain to use parry/reflect so you will be reducing each hit she does by 6-7 damage, which would then be reduced further by soak.

Also the adversary talent adds upgrades to any combat checks targeting the npc with it a number of time equal to its rating. eventually they will roll despairs. when they do mess with their weapons or their overall plans.

Unless I intend for my players to steamroll a group in combat, i have every rival with 1 and every nemesis with 2 ranks (at the very least for both cases, probably more if they have a bit of xp under their belt)

I find that the system gives the GM enough tools to make even munchkins a minor annoyance at worst, so if she wants to play a character that's deadly in combat, let her. Combat is only one aspect of it.

Oh, another thing, if soak becomes a problem, the stun quality does strain damage that ignores soak.

could lando boogie?

Edge of the Empire question: if you were a GM would you allow technicians to craft items during character creation? If yes just for him or for the whole party?
I personally think crafting rules are a lot of fun and would probably allow the technician to design his own wacky stuff with random properties but wouldn't probably allow it for the whole partty.

definitely would allow him to craft whatever he wants, so long as he sticks to his starting budget.

as for if he could craft for other players, that depends whether it makes sense from a background perspective. How long have the characters known each other? Do they even know each other?

If they don't know each other at all, no.
If they are part of the same crew or group for at least a couple months, then sure.

Could he?!
>youtube.com/watch?v=WOUW-sALp4s

I'm not sure if its stated anywhere but how long is the operational life of an astromech?

R2 is 60 years old, although he probably outlived his warranty

long as you keep repairing it?

Depends on how well/often it gets maintenance.
In theory its Infinite given regular care.

Apparently 40+ years if R2D2 is an example.

R2-D2 is pretty obviously a non-standard R2 unit. Also, he spent a pretty long time in hibernation leading up to and during TFA.

Also even if you're consistently replacing old parts you're going to have to replace its memory banks sooner or later and you'll be looking at a Ship of Theseus sooner or later.

Well I'm considering making a R5 in EotE who is ~40 would that be too old for a droid that isn't frequently repaired?

>isnt frequently repaired
thats the hard part, isnt it
even if your astromech was built like an AK, someone is gonna have to tune it up eventually

otherwise, 40 year old tech makes sense as long as the astromech still fits in astromech slots

>They don't kill Luke
>They give R2 droid Alzheimer's because his memory core is finally burning out

Nah, just blame personality quirks on a faulty motivator and irregular memory wipes.

is it possible to back up a memory core?

The point of the Ship of Theseus is that you can't tell the difference or it's functionally identical.

Yes. It's still an astromech doing all the things it could do, but all the parts and possibly the personality have changed.

If it works like hard drives and memory sticks? Yes.
If it works on magic moonbeams and techno magic?
Then the amount of situational drama or it's need dictates the answer.

Almost like a human's personality changing as they grow older.

Cushing was a proper mini gamer before it was cool.

Surely C-3PO should also suffer from the same effects? Though he seems exactly as he was.

He's been memory wiped at least once maybe twice, as I recall.

Think there are some ugly ships out there? Show us you can do it better! Take one shape from every page and make a monster.

Anybody here used to play Star Wars miniatures?

Looking at shapeways has taught me that the Clone Wars era ships are much, much smaller then the GCW ships. They looks wierd next to each other.

I spammed grenades as a scout, but then again, I played a tonload of pazaak aswell, So I was already cheating.

C-3P0 was a very special custom job and probably has more non-original parts than his red arm.