>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:
My favorite art of AoS.

BTW, stop posting that so called freshest mega, my friend closed it.

first for president kroak

>Does anyone know how much bigger the orruk brute heads are compared to regular boys?

>my friend closed it.
why did he do that?
do we have a full back up of what was up there?

I missed you.
Finally a decent adversary.

>why did he do that?

>because anons refused to remove his mega form OP(he is ok with pastebin)

That's why, I'm not sure about backup, but I can ask for individual file link lol.

because the user in the 40k general didn't want to take it down or because the guy in the aosgeneral didn't want ?

>mfw scrawny-things think they cant make armors

/aosg/? He refused to talk about that.

>That's why, I'm not sure about backup, but I can ask for individual file link lol.
if you can contact him ask him if he's willing to send me the back up on a proxy email when I get back to my computer.

Im going to a tournament next weekend and I expect at least one player to bring Tomb Kings

What are some good counters to buffed up Necropolis Knights?

Nah, it hasn't even been in the aos general for even a month. On 4 chan data I see some 40kgeneral thread that comes from september 2016 with the very same link.

Early January, the AOSg one even sent back to the 40k sections of the book, because op copy pasted it from the 40kg as is

>aos general for even a month

Did u check the pastebin? Or the early aosg when shitpost stomping?

>willing to send

Not sure for this, he said that he don't want to spoonfeed anons anymore.

I'm still around. Haven't made too much progress outside of basically finishing some horrors. Will post pictures when ca can

can you confirm how many greatblades and how many greataxes there is in a box of 10 tzaangors ?

tzaangors are cute but I feel like I can't justify buying a second army right now, especially considering it wouldn't reasonably (or even particularly usefully) fit into my current Chaos army.

Would you preen their feathers and rub their beaks, user?

4 great blades. Two swords and two axes you can turn into maces per box

More importantly, would he oil them down?

I... I guess I am the only one

Given how swole they are I would hope so!

Stop supporting the biggest mistake in tabletop history.

Oiled pillar man birds. One step above greasy pagan goatmen

I did, its called Confrontation and I didn't buy their pre-painted flimsy plastic garbage.

>stop liking what i dont like

Herp derp let's blow up the planet and destroy the fantasy universe and replace with it with a shitty version of space marines.

Thanks user

It's okay, he'll get over it eventually.

I always like the beastmen models but hated their lore more than anything. What is their appeal? Their culture is based around smearing shit on everything.

To me, that's honestly part of the appeal. They are what they're born to be, and they hate other races for being better. So, any chance they get, they will stomp and Shit all over it. It's like a race of muscular horned /r9k ers living their dreams.

>comparing beastmen to /r9k/ or /pol/
you know actually that makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't make me like them

rules wise the tzaangors with bows flying around on disks seem really really good

How do skaven play? And could someone give me a starter list?

I don't think AoS even keeps the shit-smearing thing anymore?

Tzaangors are well developed and cool, i'm hoping any other god-aligned beastmen get similar development.

the store page for Gors just says "anarchy and mayhem"

skaven come in different flavors now

if you want a starting force look to the spire of dawn box set. I heard it has about 500-700 points of skaven in it

This is a Skryre heavy list I was working on. Dunno how good it is but I think it could pack a punch.

LEADERS
Arch Warlock (140)
Warlock Engineer (100)
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- War Halberd
- Artefact : Crown of Conquest
- Command Trait : Lord of War
Packmaster (60)
- Herding Whip & Thing Catcher
Packmaster (60)
- Herding Whip & Thing Catcher
UNITS
20x Clanrats (120)
- Command
- Rusty Blade
20x Clanrats (120)
- Command
- Rusty Blade
20x Clanrats (120)
- Command
- Rusty Blade
3x Stormfiends (300)
- Ratling Cannons
3x Stormfiends (300)
- Warpfire Projectors
3x Stormfiends (300)
- Warplaced Armour & Shock Gauntlets
1x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1x Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80)
1x Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80)
WOUNDS: 178 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Man, not gonna copy paste from that site anymore. This format is horrible.

Skyfire?

this is how you post a list

looks pretty standard. One of the first time it isnt a cheese version.
wouldplayagainst/10

Do you click the share button at the top for this? Cause it's not giving me a link.

pic related

yes.

How ostracized would I be if I converted a Tzaangor Shaman into a lady?

Would you share pics?

BTW, is this image recent or it's been floating around for a time? I haven't seen it up until now.

I mean, if the conversion doesn't turn out like ass, I'd probably be posting it in /WIP/ or here.

And I just drew it for this thread

What do you guys think? Working on my Stormfiends at the moment and I'm in the process of converting a Boneripper into a HPA. Stormfiends will just be equiped with the weapons included in the box, but are magnetised.

Packmaster is replaceable but he does synergise with both the Abom and the Stormfiends (They have the moulder keyword). 4 of my 5 opponents are Order.

I really like the Witchfyre Coven, I think it will prove to be pretty powerful. I managed to fit a Tzaangor Coven in there as well for their ridiculous amount of attacks, as well as two Tzaangor Shaman for their buffs and a Gaunt Summoner for his crazy good spellcasting.

What do you lads think?

and forgot image like a cunt

I think it looks good. Too bad you can't get a Arch Warlock in there.

If the Stormcast would have looked more like this I would have been into them.

Have any third party websites made alternate heads for them yet?

Any head that's big enough for Chaos Warriors or Space Marines will be a fit for Stormcast.

They kind of look cool, the whole once being human thing, and their hatred of civilization.

I honestly couldn't see people caring unless it blatantly contradicts whatever AoS says about them. In Fantasy the female Beastmen apparently didn't fight and were docile, but it's anyone's guess if AoS is going to keep that or even mention them.

I kitbashed one of the push fit retributors with a space marine head, looks fairly proportional as well.
Been tempted to pick up some from victoria miniatures or puppetswar when the new rangers come out, not settled on a theme yet

Also I cannot rotate or resize images because I am cripplingly stupid

Looks good
Do you draw in the drawthread?

draw grots

How would a list like this do?

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount - General, Mark of Khorne, Great Destroyer, Chaos Runeblade - 140
Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Chaos Steed - 140

Chaos Knights x5 - Chaos Glaives, Standard, Hornblower - 200
Chaos Chariots x2 - Chaos Greatblades - 160
Chaos Chariots x2 - Chaos Greatblades - 160
Chaos Gorebeast Chariots x2 - Chaos Greatblades - 200
Chaos Gorebeast Chariots x2 - Chaos Greatblades - 200

I like the idea of a list like this but it just doesn't seem punchy enough. Almost everything has shit rend as well.

I don't want a waac list but not a pushover list either. Anyone have any luck with this kinda list?

Knights and Chariots are the only usable things in Slaves to Darkness really. It could work, but generally Slaves to Darkness are not that competitive. With the speed of the Knights and Chariots, you might be able to catch up to other armies and outmanoeuvre them.

I've had more luck with buffed to heck Gorebeasts being flung with Sayl's unique spell as an alpha strike.

If you go mark of Tzeentch, you can take the Fatesworn Warband, give everyone Rend -1 and also get access to their unique spells n stuff.

You could also go Tzeentch allegiance. The Destiny dice also mean that it's much easier to make the Gorebeast charge, and Shield of Faith is excellent. Only issue there is you then lost the Slaves to Darkness allegiance and have to take other battleline.

I rather oil up my gryph-hound's bolt and hear it's warning cry as I roll box cars on my summoning roll, immediately attacking as if it was the shooting phase.

>Yeah, draw some grots pawning golden gitz.

The new Tzeentch batteline seems a bit expensive for what it does, Anyone have any insight on them?

Wait a moment, stormcast desgins date back to fantasy or is this 40k?

its stormcast concept art

They are quite expensive but the buffs they get from the Warscroll Battalions and having heroes nearby are considerable. For example, Tzaangor Coven lets you attack with a unit of Tzaangor in your hero phase as well as your combat phase, adds 1 to their wound rolls if they're withing 9" of the other two units from that battalion and their Vicious Beak attacks wound on 4+. With a unit of 20 or 30 Tzaangor that's fucking nasty, not to mention the stuff the Tzaangor Enlightened or Skyfires can do with a Tzaangor Shaman nearby.

Yeah, but it's a concept art for Age of Sigmar or it did exist fairly prior to it I mean.

Having not seem the battalions the tzaangor look like could hit hard while the acolytes have me puzzled they don't seem to get buffs from being a larger unit are very fragile and that range increase is nice but a bit ehh even at 18 inches

It existed for creating the stormcast

I like the Witchyfyre Coven battalion for the Acolytes, lets them shoot in the hero phase and shooting phase and if you're within 9" of a friendly Tzeentch Wizard you add 1 to the hit rolls of their sorcerous bolts.

They are slightly overcosted imo though, they should be 120 or 100 for 10.

This is exactly how they look if you discount Blanche's highly stylised artstyle.

Nah, Blanche's illustrations has less superhero anatomy.

No, they don't? Prosecutor has actual feathered wings, they have a different style of armor and wear more cloaks and robes. Also, the masks and armor have way more ornamentation on these ones.

>he said that he don't want to spoonfeed anons anymore.
the point of my request was to upload them myself somewhere else for anons use.

>if you discount Blanche's highly stylised artstyle.
...and the abdominal plate design and the pauldron design and the wings and the chainmail and the proportions and the type of decorations...

Hey folks, you cant buy the old Tyrion model from GW anymore right?

no

The big issue with Stormcast design, when boiled down to their own merits rather than anti AoS sentiment, is the blandness and low posability of their basic guys. Paladin and faceless mook aren't archetypes that mix well, and the posing issue is in part due to their raw bulk... Which in turn kinda pushes a little past superhuman and into hulking brute.

Also personally, I say the very idea of such a force having basic generic dudes is stupid. Sigmar has chosen these guys from amongst the mightiest heroes, and reforged them to be... Generic liberator #6453.

>blandness and low posability
I'm not sure about that too much: the basic 6th ed chaos warriors are both practically monopose and rather simple looking yet managed to become a winning concept.

I blame the lack of variability and exaggerated details that represent not a possibility but rather the norm of the stormcast:
turn the pauldrons the other way, reduce their overall size, remove the zigzagging bolts, give them a featureless single piece chestplate and more capes/tabards/vests

or in short: slap a mask on the warrior priests

I think the standard design would have been much approved with some extra robes of some sort. Kinda like the liberator prime from the starter wears.

Yeah, but 6th ed warriors of chaos were designed to rank up very tightly, the posing makes sense with that constraint. Plus, little details like the pelts on their armour and a bit of variation within the unit add more personality.

Also, when I say Stormcasts cross the line from bulky to hulking brute, it's by a thin margin. The new scout ones perfectly hit the upper bound, and Paladins do a good job of mitigating the effect by having more detailing to offset it. They're too ornate to be brutes.

Yeah they just really don't do it for me.

They look straight out of WoW, which from a business perspective I understand why a boardroom would approve. But I loved my gritty dark Warhammer.

Everything is getting too cartoony.

Make make the realms great great again, yes yes.

A lot of it is down to the paintjob. Go on Ex Profundis and look at the AoS armies on there, they look incredibly gritty and dark fantasy.

Is it just me or were these designed to be used for Thunder Warrior conversions? They even have the lion top helmet bit from that piece of John Blanche artwork.

Here's a skaven list I've been toying with. Warp grinder goes with stormies. Can replace engi with more gutter runners if I please. Exactly 2000 points.

This, I have no clue why they went with the color scheme they did

Aaaand we get more new stormfags... now with guns.

What is the best 2 SC!-boxes army for 1000pts vanguard games?
Which faction benefits the most from a multiplicity of their SC models? Or maybe there is a mix of two different boxes that has a remarkable synergy?

Not a fan of those, lack of contrast and a lot of the detailing is lost due to the monochrome colour scheme. I'd say the red seems out of place rather than a nice contrast or complimentary colour.

Just play skaven. We haven't gotten any aesthetic updates in ages. Hell, the minimum unit size for gutter runners is 5, and they're sold in 3s

Fair enough, personal taste is personal taste after all.

But AoS can have the same gritty aesthetic as WHFB, it just requires the right paintjob and maybe a little bit of conversion work. I'll agree that the setting itself is more mythic high fantasy than WHFB was, but I quite like that so I don't mind.

I think the most jarring thing of the current Skaven range is the disconnect in aesthetics between old and 'new' stuff. Compare the Night Runners to the Clanrats and you'll see the problem. However Skaven does have some of the nicest miniatures in the range. Clanrats are still some of the best core units in the game.

I posted my list above, not sure if she's any good. I just included some of my favourite looking models. Now I just have to wait for plastic warlock engineers and plastic weapon teams... and unretarded gutter runners (pic related)

Maybe you could convert some really cool Gutter Runners from the Blood Bowl team? You can get the plastic weapon teams + engineer from the IoB/SoD set, which is great value.

Yeahhh, but then I would need to get two, since I'd want to replace both my warpfire teams (no longer even available in metal), so that'd be $200 for 3 minis

Yeah it's not worth it if you already have an army. But with the Spire of Dawn being back on sale then bits sellers will soon get them again.

Dawn of a new era, gentleman.

Glistening Gryph-Hounds deserve only the very best.

Like, I guess if I really wanted, I convert the gas mortar into a fire cannon via bits from a plague furnace.