/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

The Final Solution for the Imperium edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR STOP ASKING FOR IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware the THICC AELDARI)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars
youtu.be/IrXbB_UFW9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!

Second for Adarki Aeldari! Long live the Adarki Acityi!

u fuckin joker

All hail the dark gods

Fifth for Orks.

U mean Black Drgons?

I just read this and I love the Word Bearers now.

WHORESON!

But user, the Marines Malevolent don't have horns.

Should I buy a Trukk kit and a Taurox and see whatever comes of it? or should I ignore the xenos depravity and expand my inqusition/dangles force more?

Get a Trukk and a Goliath, much better for Ork conversions.

All chaos marines are spiky boyz

nth for how do I build an Imperial Guard Army

But boss, who's spikier, dem Chaos gits or da Emo Pansies?

Am I fucking drunk or is the book for Burning of Prospero not up there in the Mega?

I really liked the portrayal of Erebus in those books, and how the Word Bearers function much more like a legion, than just a few small warbands.

Hail the Dark Gods.
Also Hail the Dark Prince.

I was going to put a cape on my lord on bike with Greenstuff, now I'm not so sure any more.

With his combat familiar ridding bitch seat, the cape might be too much. Make the model look over busy. Thoughts?

>blob
Infantry Platoons, take as many Infantry and Conscript Squads as you can as a core.
>mech
Vets in Chimeras, accept no substitute. Alternatively Emperor's Blade.
>armored
Steel Host/Emperor's Fist/Armored Battlegroup are all options here.
>airborne
Like mech, but take the Emperor's Spear instead of Chimeras.
>artillery
Literally just append Emperor's Wrath to your list. Done.

Definitely. Erebus seems like a smooth dude who's always in control from what I read, and holds the legion in his hands alongside Kor Phaeron while Lorgar is away.

I've seen goliaths made into cool battlewagons, but taurox monster trucks are special

Erebus was a massive dick. He fucked up Lorgar's plan to create a symbiosis with the Immaterium so that he could focus the God's attentions on himself.

Also, he murdered Argel Tal. Fuck him.

Tell me about the coolest custom fluff you've ever come across, Veeky Forums.

Goddamn that would be a good looted wagon

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars
I want them to be canon SOOOOOOO bad.

that aesthetic is so fucking incredibly overdone in the art

I really want to like the idea of a looted wagon, but paying double points for a rhino that is still burdened with Don't Press Dat just feels really terrible

Is Ynnead corrupted by Slaanesh?

>literally Aztecs in space
???

No

Yeah. I'm a sucker for Aztec/Meso-American aesthetics.

How do ye know me friend?

Ynnead is literally the antithesis of Slaanesh. The two are siblings, but could not otherwise be further from one another, as far as motives and MO are concerned.

>B-but the Yncarne's aesthetic
Slaanesh is a god created by the Eldar. It was created in their image.
Ynnead is a god created of the Eldar. It stands to reason it would also appear in their image.

DA EMRAHZ BOYZ. WE'Z THA BEST CHAPTA OUTTA ALL DA MARINE BOYZ!

I've always had a soft spot for Hive Fleet Nidhogg. Firebreathing Nidzilla that invades worlds with meteors? What's not to love?

can someone explain all this Ynnead stuff?

the eldar god of killing degenerate faggots is coming back and hes pissed

youtu.be/IrXbB_UFW9M

>the eldar god of killing degenerate faggots
>is literally slaanesh

Is literally the fucking opposite of slaanesh.

Have you SEEN the model?

So? Eldar look like Slaaneshis too.

Hive Fleet Ultra - the Tyranids who have consumed so much Space Marine biomatter they are now compelled to follow the codex astartes

So wait, the new Traitor Legion FAQ; it talks about how the Alpha Legion Insurgency Force cultist bonus doesn't stack with the Lost and the Damned special rule, even though thats the only way to bring cultists.

Does...does it just do nothing then? Is it a re-roll? Or not? I'm greatly confused, which I guess is the way of Alpha Legion but jesus christ.

You roll for each rule.

Pass 1, you get one cultist group, pass 2 you get 2.

Hive Fleet Ultra/Ultranids. After consumin enough biomass of Ultramarines, a Tyranids splinter fleet forms, and with it, the knowledge of the Codex Astartes.

But the FAQ said that doesn't happen. I think? Or maybe that's the only thing that happens. Is this the general consensus?

"stackable way" implies that it would bring it back on a 1+

it's horribly worded, we need to wait for an errata.

It's a redundant rule that does nothing. You roll one D6 and on a 4+ you get your shit back. Fucking simple. It's not even a fucking issue.

That just means one roll doesn't get 2.

Nah mate, people are confused and thinking what you're thinking. They don't stack as in it doesn't turn into a 3+, rather than two 4+, or anything along those lines. The rules do not stack because they are technically different rules.

Alpha Legion sowing confusion as usual.

Well, given that it's the primary 'Legion' benefit for bringing Alpha Legion decurion, I'd say the bonus literally doing nothing is kind of an issue.

Yeah, I guess we do. I'm honestly surprised this slipped through the cracks what with these supposedly being 'refined' faqs. I get Traitor Legions is a new codex supplement but given it was the only thing FAQ'd in it...

Any DE players here who have ever run beasts? I've always liked the look of the squad but haven't got around to getting some

See

Hows my 1850pt Tau list looking?

Like a fucking mess
>Drone Network instead of Drone-Net (???)
>Three separate Piranhas
>Five Crisis Suits in a squad but only two in the other
>That fucking Commander
>Hammerhead, but with Ion Cannon
>Unironically taking full squads of troops with fucking Devilfish

Honestly they should just change the rules to only troops from your primary detachment being scoring. That would alleviate a lot of problems of the game, like it becoming herohammer or tankhammer

>>Unironically taking full squads of troops with fucking Devilfish

He must still think Fish of Fury is a thing

>Drone Network instead of Drone-Net (???)
Legitimate mistake, obviously supposed to be an XV-01 Drone Net
>Three separate Piranhas
Running shit in squadrons is bad user, especially when they're fragile.
>Five Crisis Suits in a squad but only two in the other
Do you not read? The two 2-man squads Deepstrike in and mess up a vehicle, the big 5 man squad is all plasma rifles.
>That fucking Commander
What about him? He gives my 20 plasma shots Tank Hunter/Monster Hunter, Ignores Cover and Rerolls to hit, making them not need markerlights.
>Hammerhead, but with Ion Cannon
That lone S10 shot feels so horrible, i'd much rather have 3 S8 shots or a S8 AP3 large blast.
>Unironically taking full squads of troops with fucking Devilfish
Yeah i like Firewarriors, really helps out when you have to deal with large blobs, as elite units get shat pretty heavily on by Tau already. Nothing like unloading 69 S5 shots a turn user.

Nah, my meta is just full of blobby shit so having an asston of shots really work out.

>Wrote the majority of the fluff for Blood Jaguars back in the day

Glad to see people still like them

I wonder if the Taurox's retard tracks would work on a Trukk....

My favorite part of this series was how the first Dark Apostle felt like more of a proper Imperial Guard novel than any other book. Most of them are about holding the line while navigating the internal tensions between the Guard and other Imperial organizations, where good-old-fashioned Guardsmen know-how manages to survive horrifying losses and pull through. But Dark Apostle is really great because it shows you the Imperial Guard flying full colors, not a single simpering bureaucrat or glory-hound general to be found, smashing into the teeth of the enemy and breaking despite every man fulfilling his duty to the Emperor to the absolute best of his ability. It was both beautiful and terrible.

Really by the end of the novel I was so moved by the Imperium's finest that I almost forgot to care what happened to the Word Bearers.

If you have some meta that justifies unoptimal shit, you should clarify that before you ask for critique.

White Dwarf out soon for subscribers, y/n?

>If you have some meta that justifies unoptimal shit

This hurts.

Since there is no way to tell what the power level of any poster's given local area is like, the only way people can universally discuss this game online is assuming the highest level of competition. This way, any advice towards improvement or winning games will always be valid, at any level of competition.

What are some decent battle report youtube channels. Only decent one I have found is winters seo

>Three separate Piranhas
implying that is not the entirely correct way to run light skimmers

At that point he might as well take a Piranha wing

I guess. Formations are kind of just white noise to me unless they do something interesting, like that sentinel formation that can give orders, or the marine formation that uses a land speeder as a spotter.

Here's something I've been working on for a tournament next weekend. This death star is hilariously resilient

this

That drone net is still horrible. They are bad units unless they are there to give markerlight support.

Which your list lacks, hard.

that

Where is the deathstar?

>Thinks 5 scytheguard are resilient or killy.

these

plus an overlord, destroyer lord, and 3 special characters.

The powercreep of the Triumvirate of the Imperium vs points was amazing.

Will we see comparable results with the Eldar version? How powerful will the Avatar be? Especially compared to that wussy whats his name other god Avatar apparently

Still not much of a deathstar. Lacks decent amount of ++ saves that Wraiths give out.

I can never figure out why people keep using Lychguards in the first place when Wraiths exist.

lychguard aren't a pain in the dick to transport around

>calls it a resilient deathstar
>the lychguard don't even have hyperphase swords
cuck

Didnt even see that they got put in the list as Gun Drones, were supposed to be marker drones the lot of them.

Cant do this, only own 3 Piranhas atm.

i would be nice if nob bikers didnt suck...

>Deepstriking 4 characters and 5 bodyguards 6 inches away from my army
Plz do this...

>The powercreep of the Triumvirate of the Imperium vs points was amazing.
It's not that amazing. All of the models are extremely tough for their points but they're not really killy, like, at all. There were Taufags whining Cawl is somehow broken for being as tough as a Riptide despite him being a footslogger with a D3 shot meltagun, lol. Celestine is S5 AP 3 in melee, in an edition where melee is shit. Their main benefits are being force multipliers that dish out benefits to other models, but those other models are still going to melt off the board to Riptide guns and scatter lasers like before, pretty much.

Looted wagons are rhino priced, double cost means it's bought a killkannon.

You could make two halftracks.

Half-tracks are awesome and very orky.

theres no reason to run trukks if you have the heavy slots for looted wagons, is there?

Not Obsec, and heavy supports is where nearly all the passable ork units are.

solar staff and rerollable saves/reanimations. It's okay to admit you can't read and have no idea what certain rules are.

Oh and 1/6th chance of razing ahead 12" denying disembarkation

What squad is the commander buffing.
It would be a waste to put him in any of the xv8 teams since if he's going to buff a squad, you should take a 9 man squad so that at least they all get the buffs.
Also, why not take the hammerhead with submunitions, you could use at least one source of S10 AP1.

thats obvious isnt it? the 5man plasma squad

And i dont really need a singleshot S10 when ive got 7 fusion blasters in the list.

Now this I can get behind

and the less sucessfull second half

Trukks are

>cheaper (marginally)
>faster
>Explode more often
>can be Obsec
>Have a special rule that is at least beneficial, even though it usually does nothing

Wagons are

>More expensive
>More survivable (marginally)
>A tank (so marginally better at Ramming)
>Slower
>Has a special rule that is detrimental
>Use up slots that could be spent on more Mek Gunz

Basically the whole point of Trukks is loading them up with something you want in close combat (preferably MANZ) and going Flat Out across the board, exploding, and letting their passengers charge next turn.

Wagons simply don't do this as well as Trukks do.

GW better not kill my sexy god

so whats the best way to run boyz? trukks seem like a death trap. i want to run like 50-60x boyz just because it doesnt feel orky to skip out on the lads.

are battlewagons the only real way?

The interact part is the key: they dont interact WITH EACH OTHER I.E. its 2 4+ rolls not 1 3+ roll. seems simple

On bikes

That said, shootaboys going between ruins, holding objectives, pouring buckets of shots and assaulting easy targets work... to a degree.

As for BW boys, not a huge fan, but that's just me, I hate it when tranports cost as much or more than their passengers, but it's is a way to get sluggas to melee (relatively) safely.

I must say I'm disappointed that no Ork players seems to have looted Goliath trucks yet.