client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

So I get to start this of huh?

Then lets ask a basic question: What are your best mana regen perks, jumpers?

So I have a warhammer 40k question. Is Commorragh a dimension on to itself. it talks about it being part of web way dimension but it also mentions that the regular eldar have a home there, is it in the same web way? Or do each have their separate ones?

Same webway, different parts of it. Like a different pocket inside the Webway, I guess.

Commorragh is both an area and a city. It was a massive trading hub of the webway. Think as if like the largest intersection of a super-highway with a Super Market built on top. After the collapse, many of the highways broke down and some even twisted in on themselves to go to different locations. Because of this, no former map of the webway can reliably tell you how to get to Commorragh. But because Commorragh was the main intersection, it still has several safe highways leading out. This is why the Dark Eldar are so good at raiding and why few people can track them down. And those who can generally don't want to go to the massive super market that has been turned into super-torture-rape Disney Land.

how good is the whole solar gun thing in boktai?

Like this, but more proportional. (probably a lot more tunnels, thinner tunnels, and larger commoragh)

may have to retool something I was planning then but no big deal. Thank you.

The one in FF:Tactics seems to be the best one.

I'm pretty partial to the one in Terraria, which regen your full mana pool in 2.5 minutes, though not sure if it continues to scale that way after the jump.

Jumpers!
Have you ever been thoroughly beaten?

>implying I'm not letting them think they beat me
>implying this wasn't part of the keikaku from the start

Depends on the model, but if dealing with undead? Really useful.
Yes. I got into a fight I shouldn't have, and had to rebuild myself.

Aaanyways, trying to find a good price for this perk
100?CP (Artificer Free/ Discount) - Polite Denial: Let it not be said you are not proper in your rejection, Jumper. When you have more knowledge in a field than whoever you're speaking to, especially if you're a renowned researcher in said field, your word on the matter will be respected by those less knowledgeable, even if they would otherwise disagree with you-After all, YOU're the scientist here, so if you say its a bad idea, it probably is, right?

100 sounds right

I had clone bodies and avatars utterly destroyed, and some of plans have been completely ruined, but I rarely fight directly or without a quick route of escape.

My first fight with Umor ended...badly. One long attrition war exhausting several magical monuments' worth of power just to slow the thing down later, and I was still pushed into scythin' range. Mid-flay I realised I'd bought just enough time for my other companions to push it back with a directed beam of positive energy, and mustered just enough strength to punchsplode it with Jubileus' help one last time before passing out.

And way back, I vastly overestimated my ability to divide and conquer in Macross while being a sociopathic dick. Turns out one little girl singing is all it takes to triangulate a swarm of space bugs' bombing run.

Does Orikan's Deadlight count? I might've powered through, but it was the beginning of the end of my then-goal in life.

Probably the Third Magic, since Sourcery and Wizardry are very different things on the Discworld.

I think 100cp is right.

Commoragh isn't a place. Its multiple places, think of one location being on the other side the galaxy, while another is in the center. Old Ones or Eldar pieced together these individual ports into one super trading hub. Plus there's individual personal dimensions that powerful Eldar or Eldar Covens carved out for themselves. On top of things there's several pocket dimensions which are sealed, which means you can't access them via anywhere by actually visiting the location physically. They're usually broken passages, or passages that Necrons use.

The Necrons have the technology to open the webway. However their part which has been sealed off from rest of the webway via tunnel collapse in which the connecting passages are now part of The Warp.

The explanation in the notes is confusing to say the least. My reading of it is that once you finish the jump it considers how much mana you have at the time to be your 'base', which from now on will always refill in that amount of time. Anything above that or that you gain later refills at the same rate, but will end up taking more time.

Does that seem right to anyone else?

Professor Paradox: can a Galvanic Mechamorph learn to do what Ship can do and mimic technology they've touched? Could a Galvan companion give them that functionality if they can't normally do it? Others seem to think yes since Ship is still a Galvanic Mechamorph, so I'm going with that unless you say otherwise.

Can a Galvanic Mechamorph upgrade something and leave the upgrades behind or do they always revert back to what the machine was like before the Galvanic Mechamorph merged with it? The Gwen 10 episode indicates it's possible, but only with a throwaway line of dialogue that may have been referencing temporary enhancement while in it.

As a Plumber can your free Partner be an imported Companion? I've already filled out my companion roster.

Could someone with an omnitrix to study and the Animojo and R&D perks make something like the Biomnitrix and do fusions?

Does anyone know if DDD is meant to be in the same setting as the rest of the Nasuverse or not? I know it's not connected to any of the other stories, I was just curious whether its' depiction of true demons is meant to be canon or not.

Unless there's some indication that it's meant to be the same and it hasn't been retconned, it's probably not.

Any suggestions for if I want to hand out personal shields and emergency teleporters?

just stack super science perks

I made a giant mana engine and linked it to a focus so I could pretty much pull all the magic I want out of it like an infinite battery.

How are you a sourcerer?

You could have just bought the orcus want and volcano from demons of astlan for that you know.

Tactics advanced?

Well, Coin never made it to the doors of Unseen University. Ipslore sensed me coming from a mile away-and I barely parried the freezing hot thaumaturgy before I could begin revving up the ol' Soulfire.

It was easily one of the most intense magical battles I've had to face in my entire chain. The skies burned, the land went oblong-shaped, the Horsemen showed up demanding to know why the Apocralypse had apparently gone ahead of schedule; Ipslore eventually gained the home turf advantage by pulling energy from A'tuin's heart itself. I ended up winning by backing off and focusing on defence and scrying long enough to project to Coin the collateral damage the battle was causing-and him trying to fling Ipslore away gave me the opportunity to sucker-exorcise him with a Ra Tilt.

So there's just me and Coin. The world was starting to seethe with wild magic running amok through it causing a million little impossibilities; the nuclear fallout to a Dungeon Dimension hole's nuke, Death's just sort of tossing his scythe up and down quizically.

He took one look at the mess he was obliged to fix, and asked you're supposed to clean up a magical disaster. I had a few ideas.

For starters, I used The Deal Maker from Disney to transfer his talents, sealing the raw energy throughout my own dimensional manifolds. As part of the deal I used my newfound magical powers to give him the potential to become the greatest wizard of the age.

I then...stepped aside and advised him to head on over to UU, have a talk with a chap called Simon and wait for a girl called Esk to show up. I explained that raw power only gets you so far before precision and proper theory lets you actually do things without blowing the world up.

I...may or may not have inadvertantly created the Disc's version of Harry, Ron and Hermione. Except if Ron was a genius too.

Bodacious Babes

Why bother regenerating? Just never run out in the first place.

>Make a deal with a deity in order to gain an obscene mana pool and magical skill
>The mana doesn't regenerate at all
>The deal states that when you run out, you will immediately drop dead
This feels like an anime of some kind.

Sounds like a comic book.

Gemcraft lets you turn any kind of mana into a liquid, terraria gives you infinite liquid generators.

My best mana regen "perks" actually come from Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?.

Everybody picked up magic of one kind or another while we were there, partly because we picked up the Family Reputation Drawback that expected all of us to be powerful magicians. Also because their magic, though limited in a number of ways, can kick a TON of butt.

Anyways, due to how stats and levels and things work in that universe, I picked up an Advanced Ability called Rapid Cast that increased my Mana Regeneration and then increased that by a rank. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive, but it's not going to outpace some of the other mana regen abilities in the multiverse.

... I should really update my stats at some point. I just realized I haven't had Raven do that in nearly fifty years now. And I spent most of Forgotten Realms casting magic like it was going out of style.

Yes, I houseruled things just a little bit to import Raven as a Goddess. So sue me. It's not like I gave away free points. She was the Jumper for that Jump and I was imported as a Companion.

Beaten? Sure. Thoroughly beaten? Not yet.

Sounds like an Archon from The Elder Scrolls.

Where's the new Sailor Moon jump? I notice it isn't on the Drive anywhere.

But Spawn doesn't die... He even becomes stronger than God and Satan.

i dont think its finished

we had a wip posted though

That was an anime, the guy was in a school where everyone could use magic a set amount of times, most people had millions or hundreds of thousands of uses. He had 8 uses. But his magic could do whatever the fuck he wanted to do with it.

what was that called again?

Yeah, but he had a countdown.

Do we have something close to the lvled weapon("A Familiar Blade") from Danmachi?

I would rather do that jum later but atm it seems like that would be the best blade to use as a base for future weapon imports.
Thoughts?

stop being a coward and do the jump

All the time during the exalted mortal hero gauntlet.

I picked up a pretty strong regen item so typically I don't get the stuffing beat out of me, but then again I typically don't go around seeking fights to begin with so maybe I just haven't met someone who can bypass G Gundam UG cells yell.

Not finished yet. This close to finishing, though. This close.

It doesn't really matter. With enough crafting perks you can easily create a weapon to replace it.

Go to gamer and invite the sword to your party.

Have some way of making the sword accept said invitation.

maburaho I think

If you jump demons of astlan and get the smithing perk you can make sapient swords who can also transform into sword golems, turn into flying glaives, talk telepathically, see if someone is nonhuman masquerading as a human, and tell if someone is lieing. This is all before we get to the part of how the sword makes you better at fighting by self correcting its angles and such.

You could also build titan prisons and volcano fortresses with it, so thats a thing.

How are people going to react to a jumper showing up as a male Unchosen Irregular with Zahard's Chosen and a family?

From what I understand, literally everyone is going to go "Oh Shit" and everyone with any measure of power is going to try to kill me?

Asura's Wrath AKA I took THAT drawback.

I mean, technically it is impossible for you to be both a Chosen of Zahard and an irregular because he would kill any irregular that can't protect themselves form him, not help them grow stronger.

That being said the FUG and the RED in setting would probably freak out and try to kill you.

So, in the discworld jump there's a drawback that lodges a Great Spell into your head, preventing you from casting any other magic. What happens if you actually cast it?

Techinically its spawns powers. His necroplasm was his mana and if he ran out he would go back to hell.

Potentially anything. The Great Spells are sapient entities that hold the power of the being that created the Discworld, they do what they want. The only control you have over them is whether to unleash them or not. They are interested in the survival of the Disc, though, so they're unlikely to cause destruction on too wide a scale.

It doesn't matter if you're Zahard's Chosen or not, people will still try to kill you regardless. The Tower is a place where there's no concept of law, just that might makes right. As long as you have power, murder is perfectly justified, and stealing other people's power is also justified. A lot of people just consider this process as part of climbing the Tower, so tossing morality out the window is the normal thing to do. Everyone in every faction will try to kill you regardless, being an Irregular is enough for that to happen.

Huh. That has interesting implications for the drawback. You might be able to spam the Great Spell if it always restores itself after being cast.

The problem is the greatspells wont cast just because you want them to. If its the one rincewind had from the octavo (which the drawback seems to be based on) it is a set of 8 spells which can only be cast together giving the use ultimate power to save the worlds. Worlds being baby world turtle eggs.

These spells they are sapient and have a sort of self presevation instinct but they also do what they want.

The spells are also kind of pussies, to be fair. Rincewind basically bullied his into compliance. Then again, Rincewind is literally Lady Luck's favored pawn before accounting for the time he somehow survived falling off the Disc and seemingly escaped the Dungeon Dimensions by...running.

If he were summoned as a Servant, his agility and luck would be beyond EX.

Wait, I take it back: His luck would be NEGATIVE EX, but he'd have a skill called "Proof of the Eternal Coward" or something that inverts it whenever the world's about to end or he's travelling in a foreign country..

Reading through the wiki, it says that the other 7 spells changed the world to prevent him from falling off the disc, in order to save the eight spell. Other than that, he does have some really good luck, concerning survival at least.

Wasn't there one time that rincewind was about to cast the spell, but got interrupted? I think that means they can be cast sperately. Could be wrong though.

He tried but it didnt work. It just scared off some wolves iirc.

Can someone who knows more about the Kirby series than me give me a second opinion on something?

I'm taking Kirby as my third jump and I got a bit greedy with my purchases and took the drawback Gotta Get That There Kirby, And I'm starting to think that was a bad decision. My power grabbing also changed me into a final boss in form and power, so all I want to know is how likely am I to die because of these decisions? I know it's a pink puffball, but you never know.

If my odds are especially bad, than I'll just roll to see if I make it.

>a drawback that lodges a Great Spell into your head, preventing you from casting any other magic
I wish sufficiently bad-ass spells, like Giga Slave or The Deplorable Word, could stick around and get into shouting matches with the Great Spell.

Maybe they bully Ensoul into sticking around too, who's just constantly pissing itself with fear while they try to talk you into using Ensoul to give them physical forms.

I liked how in The Last Hero he just up and volunteered for Leonard of Quirm's rocket ship because he knew that he'd wind up on it anyway, somehow. Might as well volunteer and get a proper berth on the ship instead of coincidence leading him to being an accidental stowaway with all the discomfort that implies.

>Trying to beat Kirby
Kirby doesn't look it, but he regularly fights eldritch horrors and wins. Granted, he has a conceptual advantage against them due to the fact that he's essentially the embodiment of good dreams, but it's still damn impressive.

I don't think you're going to be able to take Kirby in a fight. Your best bet is being a nice enough person that you're on friendly terms with him in spite of you trying to get him, so he's content with just smacking you around a bit instead of destroying you.

If you've got anything that lets you make sweets, or you buy some in the jump with CP, bribing him is also an acceptable solution. He'll still beat you up when you get uppity, however.

I'm with . If nothing else, he can pretty much acquire whatever non-nightmare based power in the setting by eating the right guy.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that bit.

I mean, just think of what kind of coincidences he'd need to end up on the MOON. Better than sitting on ANOTHER swamp dragon who's also a throwback like Errol, who suddenly has the Disc's worst case of flatulence ever and drags him screaming up to the moon through the sky.

>Just realized Kirby doesn't have a canon companion option
>You can't take a pink, friend-shaped puffball with you
I'm a little sad now.

He'd eat all your infinite cake purchases user

But he's shaped like a friend and almost certainly amazing to cuddle with. That's a fair trade-off, I'd say.

Definitely worth it. Kirby would be a great Companion if you could grab him up.

That's the thing about infinite cake.

It's infinite.

You'll be fine. The drawback basically makes you Dedede, and as capricious and childish as Kirby is, he isn't a monster. As for aesthetics, looking like a Dark Matter might be a little suspicious, but Kirby's completely fine with Gooey, who IS a Dark Matter.

So, basically, don't try to destroy the world or otherwise do something stupid, and the worst that'll happen is some bruising and maybe some embarrassment or stolen food.

that's what The pods and blue feathers are for a Anonymous
so is Kirby's stomach, it's literally an alternate universe.

You underestimate Kirby.

Kirby is a god damned monster do not expect this to go well if you ever truly piss him off, on the good side he's rather good natured. I would actually put him up there with Samus Aran as far as the amount of destruction he can cause in a limited span of time, however he specializes in fighting literal nightmares and things worse than nightmares. He's a strange character that I could actually see going to SCP and getting a safe rating, then an Euclid when he does some accidental damage, then a Keter rating when pissed off, then ending at a Thaumiel rating when some keter gets uppity around him.

Really though I just suggest you bribe him with sweets, and cake, and never steal sweets or cake from him. If you ever piss him off you have a good chance of calming him with some cake. And also he's a baby, literally an infant of a race that takes an incredibly long time to grow up, you can manipulate the pink puffball into doing stuff if you really try.

>Kirbys not a monster
>Kirbys a god damned monster

Thanks guys.

>blue feathers
Are exclusively for waifus and husbandos, even if you have an unlimited supply of them via Jumper nonsense.

Nonono, you don't understand: He'll just sit there in one place not even eating, but inhaling cake. Years will pass, civilisations will rise and fall, the sun will collapse into a black hole and finally evaporate as a cinder-

-and he'll still be there, eating cake.

He's a monster in strength, not in mentality, basically.

yes, your point being?

in other word, he is now caught in the best possible trap of all.

One of his own design

If I have Shed Like Water + A Monster's Strength + King's Chosen + A Thorn Forged To Kill Kings + some learning boosters to quickly become proficient in the stuff is there anything in the Tower capable of killing me in a one-on-one fight while the Thorn is active?

I rolled Tower of God fairly early in my chain and I'm wondering if the best way to deal with stuff is just to go balls to the wall.

>One minute into the campione anime.
>Someone tries to take the magic artifact from the MC.
>Doesn't speak italian, thinks he's getting mugged.

...Wat.

Can't you grab a Kirby from SSB?

He's happy though, and got exactly what he wanted. I don't know if it's really fair to call it a trap.

That sounds like a reasonable thing to think if someone tries to take a magical artifact from you.

Have more than one.

On the other hand, Kirby very nearly passes the box test (can you contain it by putting it in a box behind a locked door?), if you give him a steady supply of cake, he's pretty docile. Compared to a lot of other containment procedures, that's remarkably simple.

I mean, if someone is trying to steal from him in a public place, that's the textbook definition of a mugging.

Yeah if someone tried to take my macguffin from me while talking in a different language I'd probably assume I was getting mugged, too.

to be fair she does pull a knife almost immediately on him

>If I have Shed Like Water + A Monster's Strength + King's Chosen + A Thorn Forged To Kill Kings + some learning boosters to quickly become proficient in the stuff is there anything in the Tower capable of killing me in a one-on-one fight while the Thorn is active?
Yes. Tower of God has a habit of creating ridiculous enemies so that people keep escalating in strength. The MC with Thorn and essentially the rest of those perks that you've listed has had to upgrade 4 times just to break even with an immortal, and they just barely at the 1/3rd point of the Tower so far. The escalation is going to get worse from here on out. Right now the major enemies include an entity that devours souls conceptually and a true immortal whose immortality mechanics aren't properly explained. The latter survived a shinsoo black hole for the heck of it, whereas the former has a Deus Ex Machina on his side right now.

Don't watch the anime, man. It's not that well-done, and doesn't cover the entire series, anyway. It's only the first four books of a seventeen book series. It doesn't even go long enough for the main plot to be introduced, that's not until book five. First four books are mostly independent vignettes, you don't learn about The King That Awakens At World's End in them even if later books tie the early adventures to him.

How dangerous is Rosario + vampire?

Have you or your companions ever met alternate versions of yourselves? What happened? Did you learn anything about yourselves?

The end of the jump has Alucard as a villain trying to wipe out humanity, he is basically an eldritch horror by that point.

Really? I started watching it because I don't have the free time to read the books, at least not for the next few days.

But, it's really that bad? I assumed that each episode lined up to one book, but that looks like two or three episodes per book.

decent shounen lvl. the most bullshit in the setting is imho the binding magic that is used to flawlessly restrain some pretty strong entities

Is he dangerous enough that siccing Hellsing Alucard on him wouldn't work?