Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

Better be Red or get ded edition.

New template boogaloo.

>Old thread;

>Topics of Discussion
Why is Red the best.
Are we assuming the Red 3LY Campaign is a Gryphon/Pariah/??? Hunt?
Who is your favourite Red waifu?
>And why is it Cyclops.
What does the Gryphon skin suit smell like?
Will we ever see the Red Haired Dragon?
>And the ultimate Red Question;
Tits or abs?

All that and more!

Extra Phoenix Droppings;
>Kickstarter 1.5 Page:
kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview:
vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels

What are you guys' new expansion tier lists, based on impressions?

Depends what you own already.

If Gambler Chest is considered a Xpac and at this point it should be. That's probably mandatory.

Otherwise I feel like if you already have the base game and xpacs it's all about that First Hero+Silver City+Campaigns of Death.
Followed close behind with Abyssal right up there with Screaming God and Ivory.

If you get Abyssal and have everything you should get Weaver. Otherwise you can pick it or Peeps at your whim unless you get Inverted Mountain which requires Peeps.
If you red Reds you want Gryphon/Pariah/MaybeMountain etc.

Node 3 is a bit over-saturated with BK, Ram, Phoenix+whatever woods gives you. So they're probably lower tier. I know BK is low tier for me despite the amount of gear cards simply because he saves you less money on the KS deals compared to the other $50 xpacs.

Pledge manager never.

Meh, not the best. Looks cool, though.

I'm expecting something like three progressively more difficult Pariah hunts, with a special OP as fuck Pariah capping it off. Having more diverse enemies would always be better, though, of course.

Cyclops best red waifu. I can confirm. Best boobs. Plus, she's blind so she can't see how ugly I am.

Well used pleather.

God I hope so.

Best thing about the expansion is we get to have both.

>I'm expecting something like three progressively more difficult Pariah hunts, with a special OP as fuck Pariah capping it off. Having more diverse enemies would always be better, though, of course.
Good call, that's probably what it'll end up being. I didn't really consider a quick SS boss rush mode but it makes a lot of sense.

>Meh, not the best. Looks cool, though.
YOU SAY THAT TO MY F-
What are you most looking forward to?

Played another two lantern years of my test run Honeycomb fan campaign over the weekend. Some highlights:

- One of my more experienced honeypots got stuck with the Belt of Gender swap. Since honeypots are immune to change gender effects, I was like, "Meh. Whatever." The next year she got that leg injury that disables abilities and fighting arts. Imagine the surprise of the other, all-male survivors in my hunting party when the Sunstalker punched their most venerated breeder in the leg so hard it turned her into a man.

- The campaign is a roller coaster of population levels. I've been as high as 23 pop and as low as 5. I'm currently at around 16 after losing 4 pop to the level 2 Butcher stand-in (its pretty punishing showing up year 9 in this campaign) and then another 5 population to a campaign event in the same year.

- The Honeypot Queen location is pretty powerful, but it won't really work the way it's supposed to until Honeycomb Weaver shows up in a fewish years. I'm thinking it might need some numbers tweaks, still, but it does seem to do the basics of what I wanted it to do in creating a more stable source of population in the second half of a campaign.

- Given the number of deaths that tend to happen in the campaign, and the extreme difficulty of grabbing any of the weapon masteries, I'm thinking of adding a campaign event that grants a chance at a mastery when the final death box in the settlement record sheet is filled in. Maybe the massive pile of bodies attracts a particularly venerable Flower Knight that is interested in using the bodies as fertilizer and it's willing, with a little bit of luck, to trade its weapon mastery knowledge as payment. I already have a bunch of events, though, so I'm worried that'd end up being overkill.

Silver City cause I love the Lion God. I fully acknowledge it's a crap shoot whether that dungeon delving mechanic ends up working in Kingdom Death or not, though.

Sounds legit.
Honestly the First Hero+Silver City combo sounds cool enough of its own to be worth the dosh drop.

Personal tier list in order of most excited to least. Which is kind of misleading cus im pretty excited for all but one of them.

>Abyssal Woods
>Silver City
>Black Knight
>Frogdog
>Red Witches
>Mosquito Queen
>Nightmare Ram
>First Hero
>Screaming God
>Honeycomb Weaver
>Death Armor
>
>
>
>Gryphon
gryphon looks like shit

>Node 3 is a bit over-saturated with [...] Phoenix
Isn't Phoenix node 4 with Sunstalker, Dragon, and Gryphon?

No.

>Node 1
Lion
>Node 2
Ante
>Node 3
Phoenix

You're right, I was mixed up by the fact that Sunstalker and Dragon are also node 3, but not the Gryphon.

If I'd have to make a guess though I'd say Abyssal woods probably doesn't come with a node 3 option, as it is meant to be compatible with DBK and Weaver, both node 3 monsters.

Depending on how the Node system works they could be 3s and the Gryphon is the only 4. At least according to this.

Isn't the normal Lion God node 4?

Probably.

>honeypots
>most venerated breeder

this is why normies think we're creepy

Yeah, that's one of the reasons.

I'd like to see another node 1 or 2 monster that combines some of the other node 1 and 2 monsters.

Maybe something like a chimera (but not as generic - the gryphon is a disappointing addition) to supply Catarium and Gormchymy parts. Maybe it would gel well with Frogdog too. Another early additional monster that goes alongside the existing menu.

I love you /kdg/. Never leave me.

new satan backer that barely missed the previous kickstarter and been giddy ever since.

is the gender swap belt included in satan?
and if not what should i buy to get it?

it seems like one of those things that could have tons of funny moments.

>is the gender swap belt included in satan?
It will be in the Promos of Death box. And another may be in the Anonymous Survivor box depending on what all ends up in there. (That's just speculation on my part though.)

>last thread so shit it died early

Positively forces one to ponder.

I really wish we had a confirmed date, I absolutely want to throw more money at Poots, but there's a sci fi convention coming up so... Loose spending cash will be in short supply.

>Imagine the surprise of the other, all-male survivors in my hunting party when the Sunstalker punched their most venerated breeder in the leg so hard it turned her into a man.

That's kinda hot

It is packed with a Pinup, and you get that Pinup in Satan's pledge.

>last thread so shit it died early
>Positively forces one to ponder.
Mods deleted it due to a certain poster's rampant shitposting.

If said poster reappears just report them for ban evasion. Eventually they'll get a range ban. This is at least the third time they've stepped in and banned him, they're probably getting pretty sick of his shit.

I thought the OP image might have had something to do with it. The Wetnurse is hardly blue board friendly.

Straight for the shirts. Lucy a best.

hasn't stopped /kdg/ in the past

Wow. We've had a lot of intervening lately, that's for sure.

Threadly discussion: How are you going to paint your Cock of Death up, Gentlemen? I want to do mine straight up like a bluegreen rooster.

She truly is.

The last two years of the Red Witches campaign will probably be Pariah and Serious Mode Pariah, respectively.

Not sure about first year, but it probably WONT be an expansion monster, or it probably would have said it in the content pitch.

>Serious Mode Pariah

Isn't including Saitama in KD a bit much?

Lewd

> flushed cheecks
> floating heart
> taught back

I imagine they don't let her paint some of the models while they're at the table together.

Hype as fuck model reporting for duty.

So jazzed to see rules for her.

Seeing as he is the Sparrow King I'm thinking of basing his colour scheme on some more colorful species of sparrow, haven't decided which one yet.

I could see it being other base game nemesis monsters, it feels like it would fit the theme better than random quarries.

Similar thoughts here. Earthy red-brown tones for the plumage, but with colorful and flamboyant armor and silk bits. Maybe.

>vespertine bow
>frenzy drink

Is this broken or am I retarded

you get just Strength from the drink, the rest of the bonuses are melee only

>you get just Strength from the drink, the rest of the bonuses are melee only
Patently false. Please re-read the entry for Frenzy.

You get the speed and strength AND you ignore the Slow keyword for melee (all weapons are speed 1).

Personally, Vespertine Bow has no business not having cumbersome, and IMHO just be treated the same as the updated Catgut bow.

Anyone know if you can choose to take a lower result on the Gormchemy table? We lost our Wisdom potion, but have all the Gorm innovations so it's difficult to roll in that range anymore.

I'd say no. Learn to roll like shit I guess? and you can spend unwanted potions to reroll IIRC

That's what I was worried about, and how we played it. Well, immortality potions for everyone!

I posted my candy red DBK in the last thread and everyone said it was kinda shit. How is it now? Dulled down the gloss with a nuln oil wash and cleaned up the edges, finished up the gold trim and now working on the fur

I think its pretty cool.

I liked it then, but I think the extra wash helped. Looks great now!

Look sharp. I'm curious if you set him down in a Skorne Army how long it'd take someone to notice he wasn't supposed to be there.

Difficulty: No Poop Ball

Maybe first year they kill the Fade?

Significant improvement

It needed that. I liked the concept before, but it was messy as hell. Now, though, it's basically tabletop ready, IMO. Some people are probably still going to reeeeee about how shiny/glossy it is, but fuck them it's beetle shell, those things are shiny/glossy as fuck. Well done, user.

That pose is fucking 9/10, mate

Keep up the good work.

You gonna show us your poop ball?

It would even be about the right size to proxy for a heavy warbeast, wouldn't it?

The base would be about the right size, though a little lower as Privateer's 50mm bases are round-lipped and a little taller.

>Better be Red or get ded edition.
We Communism nao!

>We Communism nao!
Collective Toil, comrade. Get in line before we send you on Gulag... and don't even think of coming back as Bone Witch.

Man I hope Bone Witch gets toned down in v1.5.

As mentioned by others, the Belt is included in the Pinups of Death I box, as is the Strange Spot settlement event.

Depending on how strict the "+3 gear cards" part is, I'd only try to push for one copy of the belt to be included at most in favor for as much new content as possible.

If anyone has been wondering, Poots has been radio-silent with me as well. I'm guessing we'll at least get a public post on or for St. Valentines day. (or possibly some sort of Intimacy-related models in the webstore.)

"If any returning survivors are insane, at least one must endeavor here" would be such a breath of fresh air since at least she wouldn't get four freeking shots at coming back. As it is now, the dominant strategy for dealing with her seems to be sending four of your most worthless survivors against a level 3, then use the massive endeavors from Graves to repopulate while giving Bone Witch the finger. That, or carry eye-gouged survivors as support characters and then use Rubedo to turn their massive penalties inside-out The crappier they are, the better. Get Rubedo to fire off and a loser who got anemic strength from any of the events that can penalize it, minus accuracy from the bone witch, and doused herself in pee to fight off Clinging Mist is now an amazingly deadly super-survivor.

>tfw almost reported you for ban evasion before realizing that you're the actual Ekoi
Welcome back to the shitshow. You might actually want to stop tripping if only because the fake Ekoi has been banned at least three times and you might get hit by some of the fallout.

Id imagine that one of the 3 gear cards has to be the belt, or at least something with the same effect. Its just too obvious.

Really, I'm more curious what the other two gear pieces would be. A unique weapon, instead of it being literally the lantern halberd? A unique lantern, like some of the promos have?

It's not so much that I left, more that I more use the trip as needed. Most of my contributions are done anonymously.

Fair enough. You've probably seen the shitshow this place became, then. Honestly I'm amazed it's still kicking.

>punched their most venerated breeder in the leg so hard it turned her into a man.
Honestly sounds like something right out of Dwarf Fortress.

I'm hoping that the belt can be a "freebie" and have that much more room to work with, but only time will tell.
It's interesting that he went with the Lantern Halberd instead of the modified Lantern Glaive from the original art. The lack of the heater-shaped shield is understandable, since it's not obvious in the original art. I have ideas for a more offensive-based lantern, but we shall see how well that's received later I guess.

Unique shield could be cool.

Wasn't the character evasion-focused? Maybe a shield that boosts evasion if you fulfill the affinities?

It's just a noncircular leather shield, there isn't much special about it.

>Greenstuff is better left to other things than a leather shield.

Originally, yes. But if you were looking for gear to make unique, the shield could be one without much effort.

Looks great

Better to put effort towards making something cool than to take an easy boring route. It's not like there isn't years to think about it.

New finished survivors. Also a date is now set for when more Beasts of War videos will be recorded. Current task is to paint some more survivors for some more variety for those vids.

Dung Beetle Knight for President of Skorne!

would you mind posting your homebrew again friend?

Repostahn my Percival since I put it up near the end of the last thread. Apologies for the blurry photos.

But user, where is her doggo?

And back.

Sadly, I have not managed to procure a miniature of the doggo yet. Will probably pick it up when the xpack goes up on the store.

The male screaming survivor is baller

Slowly getting my Storm Knight done (do wish I was better at this painting malarky sometimes!)

And at attaching pictures to my posts. That might help.

Trim your nails user

Slightly smaller pics would be nice... On a laptop and I can only see half the pic at a time :P

The skin looks great!
tfw these threads are significantly better without the shitposter.

What colors did you use for the skin and metals?

How'd you get her? I thought she wasn't out till 2020

Not that user but she was released about a year ago, I have two.

Can I have one?

This is a resin model, the one you'd get in 2018 from the KS would be plastic.
That model is going to be fragile.

Dang I wish I had the balls to repose my blu dbk. Good job.

What's everyone's favorite suboptimal loadout?

One of my friends got crazy and decided to dual wield their Mace Master with Speed Powder and Whistling Maces.

The kicker? The survivor also had Legendary Lungs! He'd draw half the deck and act all proud each time he didn't manage to hit the trap.

12 successful hits once. Twelve! He almost gibbed an Antelope in one swing.

>plastic
>more fragile than resin
Wat

Screaming Antelope Spear User. Nothing special, but they always put in good work.

Good honest work.

It's a build, not a gear loadout, but Clarity of Darkness with Stark Raving is incredibly silly. Just teleporting around like crazy. It's not very feasible unless you have F&T Mastery though.

Isn't that pretty decent with bows or other ranged weapons?

I'm more than a little titillated about the Beast Hunter armor coming up.

It's good with any weapon. You just need the Mastery to counter the fact that it knocks you down every turn.