How do you handle seduction in your games?

How do you handle seduction in your games?

I use the Red Rule of Exalted.

The people playing a game are the only ones who can determine whether sexual content is or isn't being handled in a respectful manner in a game. In the same vein, it specifies that every player involved in any kind of sexual action in the game must consent, or that action does not happen.

That's a good rule, though I was more asking "what techniques do you use?"

Oral sex performed on the GM of course

Its the only way to ensure proper verisimilitude

>And you don't know why, but you're dying to try, you wanna, kiss de girl.

With dice roll.

Is that rose made of razorblades?

As gm when I have a seductive npc she is of course described as being pretty, that's just a given, but they tend to be very handsy. They invade pcs personal space. They'll brush hands across their shoulders or cheek or place a palm on their chest. Make them responsive and appreciative of the npc. Throw In some double entendre and call it good.

Typo, meant to say make the npc appreciative and responsive to the pcs.

Unless it's a charm effect, just prey upon a player's/character's natural biases. If you want to go after a certain character, make their waifu/husbando a character in the game, and play the long game. There's nothing more satisfying than a player who had fallen in love with an NPC finding out they're part of the cult they're investigating. On that note, if the PC shows them what a healthy relationship looks like, the NPC might become conflicted between their initial motives (Infiltrate the party, spread disinformation, corrupt the PC) and come to actually love the PC. This can result in some great moments, since conflict is what drives drama.

On the other hand if you overuse this you will end with party of murderhobos with no ties to any npcs.
It is the same as no backstory or backstory where everyone that PC knew is dead. No relatives no kidnapped relatives, no love interests no future betrayal.
If all actions X ends in harm for PC and player (every time my hero falls in love he is stabbed in the back) than that player will stop doing that and will do what is easier, kill everything that moves.

>dat quasit
This is a great picture.

Same as in real life.
I don't.

A classic and reliable method. Does it work on female players?

That's a really good idea.

I have yet to try it on female players I'm afraid. I've only ever had males in my play group, but it tends to work well on them. Gonna be expanding soon actually, getting some new blood, including my first female player. I'll have to figure out how to deal with her.

I have a mixed group, so what I generally do is a contested social-fu roll, bonus/malus depending on the character's tastes. If the seducer succeeds, I do not mandate some love at first sight, but that the player finds themselves attracted to the seducer in some fashion, but just like real life, initial attraction means fuck all, so the most I demand is some small level of favor towards them, and it's up to the player to sensibly reciprocate.

I can't bring myself to like this idea, because there are so many GMs who suck at what you describe and just go "Your family died offscreen" with this.

And by that I mean that they always think it's a good idea to throw out baits and hooks like that, so much so that in the end the players get jaded and start to mistrust any attractive NPC they come across.

What if a character does not find any NPC attractive in the least?

My last character, a druid, became a hermit after witnessing one too many crooked humanoids getting away with an atrocity they had committed and as such only liked to be around animals.

Poorly.

S A T Y R
H U S B A N D O

A W A K E N E D A N I M A L
>heykidevergetyourdicksuckedbyahorse.png

>What if a character does not find any NPC attractive in the least?
Then the penalties are higher, but a smooth talker gets VERY far, user.
The historical figure of Lancelot was known to be a flat out ugly dude, but was well liked. Churchill was buns, but women loved him. Physical is a portion, not the whole deal. Shit, I've experienced it myself. I'm at best a 7/10, been called an 8, but every girl I've ever been with has been more charmed via my social capacity than raw looks. I wasn't repulsive, and that got me in the door, I had to open it the rest of the way on my own merits.
Further, I'd be more concerned that you would be using this as an excuse to skirt the entire thing, because EVERYONE has a feature type they find sexually attractive, even if they don't like the personality or cultural cues that comes with it.

that... might work.

I hope that it's not another bait though.

You have a point.

Here is my concern: that you will just seduce my character mechanically and then pull a
>"OMG THEY WERE SECRETLY EVIL" bullshit plot twist.

If you can't trust your GM to not do right by you, or at least to present challenging situations that offer character growth, then you should not be playing with that GM (his fault) or you need to get over your irrational fear of someone having power over you (your fault).
That said, why would that situation be a problem, really? It offers the potential for personal character arcs, investment in the setting and a way to see a new side of the character you may not have envisioned.
If your immediate thought is "How is the gm going to use this to screw me over" rather than "how do I deal with this situation" or a more cynical "how can I profit from this situation", I'm not sure what you are playing pnp games FOR.

I love seducing baddies. Gives us a fun thing to banter about in combat.

>If your immediate thought is "How is the gm going to use this to screw me over" rather than "how do I deal with this situation" or a more cynical "how can I profit from this situation", I'm not sure what you are playing pnp games FOR.
You mean, apart from the fact that people have different tastes?

Otherwise, I give kudos to you for a well written post.

It's not as fun when they seduce your character, but you find them appalling.

>apart from the fact that people have different tastes?
There is that, but aren't you playing pnp games to experience is world via a person that is not yourself? I wagered romance was a part of it, or how you handled attraction, given and received.
In my last game, I had to turn down the affections of a good woman whom I thought very highly off because I wasn't even remotely human anymore, warped by the gods into a tool, and settling down before my time meant turning my back on the gifts I had been given for my task.
It was honestly a heartbreaking moment for me.

I'm not very into romance, mostly because I don't know how good my GM is with it, so I would rather have someone else bite the bullet first.

Meanwhile, I will be trying to become the new champion of the god of War.

>aren't you playing pnp games to experience is world via a person that is not yourself?
This. And plus, getting seduced is fun. It's a dynamic back-and-forth with a hint of danger behind the sweet words.

More often than not, people think they are good at roleplaying charming seducers but all that comes across is creepy awkwardness. I'll pass.

user, not every player is a sheltered neckbeard.
Hell, the only sheltered neckbeard in my group got kicked, and we got another one who has learned to come out of his shell and just go with his gut feeling.

Every time one of my player tries to seduce someone, I start vomiting uncontrollably until they stop talking.

I do not believe you have such a good GM.

You should get that checked out. You might be allergic to fun.

user, I AM the GM, and I am the meanest, most confrontational bastard I know.
That means whenever there is even a ghost of a problem in my group, I pounce on it, straighten it out, and move on.
I ran a game with my gf in it, no one knew.
I broke up with her WHILE the game was going on, no one knew.
I boot people out who run afoul of my 3 strikes rule, and everyone at the table knows I take no shit, will keep the game moving, will allow and take the bants, but shut it down when it crosses lines, and will bust my ass to make it fun for everyone.
I treat GM'ing as a privilege and responsibility to my good friends to make for them a good time, and failing that is failing my good friends when they have put their faith in me.

Then this is easier. You're a liar. You don't belong here kid

Pic related

I'm not jealous, shut up!

>You don't belong here kid
I know, this board seems to hate people that actually play games.
Oddly, any time I've talked about my ideas for running a game, anything at all, everyone jumps on my case to tell me how shit they are, but then I do it anyway, and my players have a blast.

I guess someone has to show you the ropes in here

user, I play most of the games that have an active general on this board, and I've been on this board long enough to remember the kink conversation between DLFG and Rawk Lawbster and saw the birth of Grandpa Dread.
It wasn't like this back in the day.
None of the generals actually talk about PLAYING the game, just character/army theorycraft.
I ask for advice about running a game, or playing a game, or practical shit, and it's either ignored or shat on. It's... sorta really sad.

It is a shame

But since I do not frequent generals right now, I avoid adding to the problem... or solving it, I guess.

Roleplaying. I don't use dice when it comes to this.

My PC started getting interested in an NPC, then got ripped apart from him, thrown into a long personal quest line a country over, and he is busy taking to another PC's NPC lieutenant.

Clearly this is my punishment for making a straight character who doesn't buy into p/u/rest love at the first opportunity.

>not being glorious bisexual master race
Your options literally double

More like pentuple...

Poorly

Graphically.

roleplay or roll play

Ideally roleplay.

Snaketits. Players can't resist them.

Your players are weak. I make asexual characters to avoid this cringy shit

same way as in real life, I don't

>determine if theres a shot by context.
>make a die roll. (do not allow it to be handled like instant mind control)
>no more detail than "you have sex"

>romance is cringy
Have you ever thought that you are the problem, user?

>girls are icky!

>asexual
so do you role play dividing into two identical beings to reproduce?

I had an old alchemist character once, he was always trying to flatter middle aged and older women. Most of his gather intel checks were crazy easy cause he just smoozed up the widows.