Kulmorost Divided 3

Help us build a setting!

Previous Threads:
1d4Chan page:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Kulmorost_Divided

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky
steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So, do any onf your remember the eld'wani from last time? Let us expand on that. They are split into three factions, a normal, okay kind of one. Batshit insane religious eld'wani who capture and do a body transfer to get more people, and of course the extra rare hedonists.

Don't forget to vote for the archive threads on suptg !

Another thread! Great!

Added that summary to the Wiki! :D

Lets see what else has been going on...
Jeah Laffu are cool, Eld'wani are kinda fun as an example of what kind of weird shit can be at the Forbidden Isles. The other Beastmen should just be beastmen and leave it at that..

Lets just say that the Mole-men is another nickname for goblins (and inaccurate one at that and call it a day on them).

Awesome!

Body transferall?There wasn't anything about the Eld'wani doing body transferring. I don't want to be a buzzkill, but I don't know if I like the factions idea, they're a dying race of Theocratic Islander Birdmen who are forced to resort to piracy and raiding to survive, I think that's interesting enough on its own.

Yes, and to get there you need airships, which is with another faction. Humans who instead of retreating to the north, when a la' Battlestar galactica and have a massive airship fleet. They operate out of three refuges, and they use airships with mighty sails and hippogriffs/wyverns/etc. to get across. They tend to come to the aid of their nothern brothers and usually conduct raids on orcs. They worship their main gods, based on the coluds and the sky. They believe that hell is located underground.

They are Famous for the Wyvern Riders, who are an elite force of knights who are the best of the best. They keep themselves as mercs when there isn't a war.

Airships? Blah. Lets keep this grounded (hehe). The flying island stuff was good as it is already.

We do not have many elf principalities detailed? Few mentioned once or twice, UR being the market place and City of Candles is a fire cultist zone with losts of immigrants. What else is there amongst the farmlands?

Yes, but look, It'll add to the variety of the races. We have underground men right now, so why can't we add in bird people? And the airships

Also, there are ocean elves who live on the sea and are much more laid back than their land counterparts. They are even willing to accept humans.

Why are you so dead set on airships in a medieval setting? What do airships have to do with body transferal and factionalism? I feel that airships would ruin the tone of the setting, and I'll oppose them.

Dwarves already ride Griffons and I don't even know if it's possible to train Dragons that were created by supremely magical Goblins without magic. Humans are despised by the other races, and they're always fighting, and if they weren't, they wouldn't be hired as Mercenaries by anyone with common sense.

Well, here is a compromise. They do not have engines, and rely on "Gas-bags" creatures with abnormally large amounts of helium. They also use sails as well. Does this suit you, I didn't mean it to be steampunk.

If I'm not mistaken, the Eld'wani are already in the setting, just without airships because those don't fit the tone of the medieval setting. We've already got Goblins, Dwarves, and Kobolds to fit the niche of Mole-men, and I don't think easy-going Sea Elves would be able to survive with the Lesians raiding the western coast.

I still don't think it fits the tone of the setting, or the tech-level and magical abilities of Humans in the setting for that matter.

What if the sea elves live on the ocean floor? They rely on magic to make sure they aren't crushed by the sheer pressure and magic allows them to get in and out.

Are the newfags ruining everything ? :(

Or fine, massive floating islands to replace the airships.

Somewhere between the River of Death and Stern lies most important religious site for all humans, the Valkery Cathedral. A monument built from steel and stone when humans only arrived to Northern wastes.

Warrior-monks live here guarding whole place from any intruders as not only it is sacred ground for praying, many chieftains find this place to recieve blessing of the goddess before taking leadership of their clan, it became common practice for them to bring remains of the last leader with them to put those bones in sprawling catacombs.

But unknown to most this place also holds library with tomes and books that humans brought with them after being driven north. The books that hold untainted by dwaves knowledge about times before exodus

Looks like an intrepid team of Guardsmen and Stormtroopers have infiltrated the Chaos Bunkers. But, will they die trying or just die?
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

... you seem lost friend

What race doesn't get 50-99% of it's GDP from piracy?

Gnomes, Dwarfs, Elves, most orcs, hill/cave/night trolls

Eating people that wander into your land can be counted as piracy, so not cave or night trolls

I like it. Warrior-Monks guarding old almost lost knowledge is cool addition, and is a potential for great chaos if it gets out out of hand. Hmm.. Perhaps almost no-one can read them, though? The art of writing and reading has been almost lost (yet they would be readable to dwarven scholar with studies in old Haumic languages).

"Rumor has it that there once was an attempt by an elven port city to build an underwater settlement. However, as they were forced to _continuously_ use magic to sustain themselves (and we know how well that goes..) the project ended soon after the bone-stores ran dry. Most elves were evaluated but few perished.

The project was deemed a total disaster and the inventor responsible for the idea left for exile in the dwarven lands. It is not known what happened to him in there."

I fear that interboard migrants from /a/ are scourging the thread.

Pardon?

But do they get money from it?

Anyone else not really see the point of the laffu either? Theres too many parallels between them and the orcs for me, both driven from their home-land settling in the abandoned southern wastes while some settle and others become roaming bandits or pirates or w/e

They have the body and magic of the fire elves, the cataclysmic event of the goblins and the migration of the Orcs. l'm not really diggin it desu

Bones of the dead can serve as stocks that they later exchange for monetary gain

Laffu should be just sub-species of orcs

MAP TIME!

Tried to get all the cities mentioned so far. Still Lesian cities need names and at least elves (and dwarves) more cities/unions/princedoms etc. How is life actually in these places?

It would be fun to have _some_ Laffu city/outcast den/fort/ruins of one somewhere into the map. That way we can start looking at the interactions with other species?
Perhaps the Goblinoid Dwarves (yes the crazy cultists again) could have given them some land? Or would they invade Gnome shore (finally fixed that) ? Etc?

Laffu kinda fill the "unexpected invader" which Humans, the beastmen and Lesians lack.
I think that we take them as manipulative lying bastards who want to come for _some_ reason (and they tell everyone a different reason just to play with their minds) they work OK, but I am not opposed to removing them. The demonic visage stuff sounds fun to me. Their numbers should be contained, however: The majority of them have already arrived? Also I do not think they should be capable of having major armies, at least for long.

>How is life actually in these places?
I've got you senpai, but first will take a short 8 hour nap. About cities I think for elves the point where two rivers join into one would be perfect place for a city, but with a twist that it's actually three cities (every city on it's own river bank, so bridge always brings you into another) of three different principalities "merged" into one, but that's after sleep or someone would think of better way of using it than I do

>Laffu kinda fill the "unexpected invader" which Humans, the beastmen and Lesians lack

lts not that thats really bothering me, its that l think its taking a lot of the unique elements from the other races backstories and abilities. l think its that they're kind of just Orcs, Elves, Humans and Goblins all rolled into one.

Can we all agree that their shouldn't be floating sky ships and human dragon riders? can humans at the height of their Knowledge just be super great at making potent Elve/Dwarf killing weapons.

What would be a more interesting threat to Dwarven mages during the wars with the humans
>The occasional human dragon rider coming from the skies bringing fire and death
OR
>The occasional human lumbering out of the woods in a rare suit of magic resistant armor, brandishing a sword taller than you, covered in silvery ancient runes and fresh Dwarf blood

Hmm.. I see your point. Perhaps we do not need Laffu as a separate race. There were some fun elements but yeah, there was too many similarities.

Suggestion:
>Laffu Clan
A particularly untrustful nobadic orc clan of jokers and thieves known for their demonic masks. In the past they were actual threat and were defeated by common orcs led by warlord Stukc the Boring. These days they are more seen as a nuisance, although the fact that they have stolen the secrets of bonefire magic from the elves trouble some.

And yes, we do totally not need dragon knights. For some other setting they work but not Kulmorost. The humans are living in primitive xenophobic nomad tribes, barely eking out an existence in the frigid, unforgiving wastes (pic related). NOT magical dragon knights.

Another map! This one is different!
Was bored and the coastlines started to look really boring, as if they were made quickly with paint etc. Now there is much more edges and islands and stuff.

>Be amazed!
The New Edition of the Map of Kulmorost from the greatests of dwarven scholars and elven explorers!
(rumors regarding the inaccuracies of the Northern Reaches due to lost expeditions are complete falsehoods!)

Does it work? Or is it too edgy or islandy?

I placed "Three Bridges/Cities" on the map (needs better name). It sounds like fun concept, as otherwise what prevents that place from becoming the capital of Elven Principalities? Why UR is the de-facto capital and not that? Interesting...

While the religion of the Cave troll’s is practically non-existent and the religion of the Hill Trolls is extremely self-obsessed, the religions of the River and Night Trolls are not only a little more orthodox but also eerily similar.

Both Night and River trolls believe that trolls are the descendants of four Demigods that were made by a pantheon of proper Gods with the sole purpose of slaying one of their greatest enemies. Here is where the differences start. The Night Trolls believe that all the Demigods were night trolls and were created by a pantheon of 8 gods via the ancient and respected medium of sex. Meanwhile, River Trolls believe that the Demigods were each akin to one of the current Trollish races and were created by four Gods known as: Grandmother - who made the first cave troll - , Mother Sea (Grandmother’s daughter and the most prominent of the four) - who made the first river troll - , Father Earth (Mother Sea’s husband) who made the first Hill Troll and Prince Eclipse (Sea and Earth’s edgy son) - who made the first night Troll. Also the medium to make them WASN’T sex.

In both stories the four head off and murder the enemy of the gods (Among the River Trolls the enemy is Father Earth’s own father – Grandfather – whilst among night trolls it has no name) and afterwards have their souls fragmented to create the Trollish races (they are fine with this for some reason). Once again, a difference. In the Night Troll’s tale the great enemy casts a curse upon the first trolls, one which would cause the degrading of their Children. One resisted it completely (and created night trolls) two resisted it somewhat, but not completely (making River and Hill trolls) and the last could not resist it (creating cave Trolls). As such, night Trolls treat other varieties of their kind with varying levels of disgust. River trolls don't have this part of their tale, but still kinda dislike cave trolls

>what prevents that place from becoming the capital of Elven Principalities?
I'd say it's position is it's greatest strength and weakness. While they are extremely rich from trade, every prince hates other two and city is in constant tug-o-war between those three, but should they ever put aside their total inability to cooperate....

What is the Samcin Kingdom ?

Maybe this map could replace the "deviant" one in the 1d4 page ?

>Or is it too edgy or islandy?
Looks very fresh and more realistic by having chaotic coastline, good job cartographer!

>although the fact that they have stolen the secrets of bonefire magic from the elves trouble some.

Theres even an in universe explanation to how, the Orcs could be doing this without magic. They have something close to gunpowder already. Maybe these "suicide fire magic guys" of the laffu tribe is really just Orcs blowing themselves the fuck up

An elven kingdom who made the SOT watchtower with the dwarves 200 years ago.
Not much is known about them yet. They were mentioned as eagle-eyed.. Hmmmm..

"The elves of Samcin Kingdom are quite militaristic due to frequent human and troll attacks. They are famous of their skills with ranged weapons... particularly ballistas.
The former siege weapon has become an obsession to the Samcians, due to simple reason:
When a troll or armored human is charging towards you, you do not shoot it with an arrow or poke with a spear and hope to find a weak spot. You shoot a twelve foot long wooden pole with enhanced shark-teeth point trought its stomach and hope that the bastard dies or at least stops moving after that!
Then you might want to attack it with lesser weapons. Or you might just fire another ballista bolt..."

Looks sweet as fuck. Great work man

Looks sweet as fuck. Great work user

Orcs also fight while using healing magic on themselves and are also stronger but less physically resistant than humans.
Just like the Laffu. (I like the Laffu-orc tribe version too)

I'm curious about magic, orcs are said to have the very unique characteristc of being unable to cast spells on their own but to be good priests and very good at channeling spirits.
I guess they could just be shamans (as being able to channel spirits, I don't think all orcs "shamans" have such a religious role, especially the warriors*)
but is there a form of divine magic ?

*I just like the idea of orc warriors using magic to heal themselves during combat, would be less cool if they only use enchanted equipments I think.

Laffu being orcs with demons masks only make them more charming IMO.

>stronger but less physically resistant than humans.

l think certain Orc tribes would just be stronger and more physically resistant than humans, but humans make up for this in their use of armor and discipline. so men have better defensive capabilities and are better in groups than orcs.

>I just like the idea of orc warriors using magic to heal themselves during combat
>but is there a form of divine magic ?

l think all of the races have their own kind of "magic", all applied very differently to each race, l see the Orcs "magic" as pretty much being genetics, they use knowledge given to them by the shamans strong connection to the ancestors to more or less breed what aspects the orcs need at the time, different clans having better aspects in regards to others

>would be less cool if they only use enchanted equipments I think.

l think it would be great if this was a rare human trait

someone mentioned magic Laffu weapons that could drain the life from slain enemies to power the Laffu magic, but l think it would be an interesting human trait, cobbling together what magic attributes they could

>the inscriptions in some of the rarest ancient human weapons are in fact blood rituals
>humans don't even need to know what the sword does to use the power
>the act of killing completes the spell inscribed on the blade creating energy that is used to give strength to the wielder and augment the blade
>its nothing even close to the degree of the goblins or other races but in combination with the hilts binding spells and the blades resistance to magic its the most potent magical/anti-magical artifact humans are capable of making
>a perfect mix of magic and magic resistant materials
>Its said that the ritual of taking a captured elf/dwarves head before battle came from the use of these blades
>combining this with magic resistant armor and a skilled swordsman is said to be the closest thing to a "perfect human warrior" one could find

Aren't orcs more developed overall ?

>l think all of the races have their own kind of "magic", all applied very differently to each race, l see the Orcs "magic" as pretty much being genetics, they use knowledge given to them by the shamans strong connection to the ancestors to more or less breed what aspects the orcs need at the time, different clans having better aspects in regards to others

Nice but what about what I said ?

*advanced

l think it would be great if this was a rare human trait
>Yeah humans being big on armors and all.

>l think all of the races have their own kind of "magic", all applied very differently to each race,

Is it really comptatible with all races ? some races or subgroups seems to have some magical traditions or secrets (such as fire magic with elves,ect..) but overall magic in the setting seems to be a lot more versatile among wizards than what you describe (goblins have creates races, modified themselves, maybe caused the cataclysm; elves have body modification and agriculture magic; dwarves don't seems to have a specialized form of magic but there was a text about a dwarf necromancer,ect...)

>Nice but what about what I said?

like as in the use of divine magic? theres no real divine magic confirmed (though races still worship gods) Magic requires blood and bone, but orcs lack any real ability with magic to most extents. but the blood of the orcs is more closely guarded, the ancestors bred their children to carry certain traits, its like a subtle blood magic it tied the ancestors more closely to generation after generation than the other races. The orcs blood carries the information and wisdom of the ancestors, but the shaman can read it and channel their ancestors though ritual etc

>Aren't orcs more developed overall?

yes but that probably wasn't always the case, before the human exodus the humans had land and walled cities and fought among themselves just as much if not more than the orcs. Orcs didn't come to the mainland until many years after the humans heyday, orcs are also seen as a non-threat and occasionally useful by other magical races meaning they have a lot more access to modern dwarven and elvish technology

thats how l see things making sense anyway

Also there a necromancer Lesian Queen on the Isle of the Everlasting and she also has a maybe necromantic goblin artifact.
I'm not saying this is bad idea but that don't seems to fit with the setting and personally I find the concept very limitative, especially when it generaly to "fire, water,ect.." magic instead of a more versatile form of magic not only used as a weapon.

But what about I wrote about healing magics in the very first post about orcs ? and eugenism is not magic even if I think this is a good idea.

Drows are the one who mastered fire magic, and this is just a magical tradition as they are just an elvish subculture.

l'm talking pretty much just about the human sides of magic, Elfs and Dwarves have incredibly versatile magic. But humans can't into magic like the other races.

If one of the magical races wants to use their power they have options
>Language itself has power, runes being an important part of magic
>Organic material conducts and amplifies magic
>The life essence of the one casting the spell is used
>Live sacrifices can give huge amounts of energy depending on what is being sacrificed

the magical races can animate the dead, create dragons, melt stone, destroy a third of a landmass

but the non magical races lack raw power in these fields, but the humans use all these magical aspects in their greatest weapons
>Runes carved into the handle and blade
>Handle made of bone conducts and amplifies users magic
>Killing with certain swords completes a live ritual sacrifice spell

if the Goblins had made swords they would probably shoot lazerbeams and cause men in the area to become sterile from looking at them

the human blades, while greatly amplifying the tiny amounts magic humans have, the blades are resistant to magic, feel lighter and give the user a lil energy boost when he kills something. they're still horrifically under-powered compared to magic. and ofc these armor and sword sets are rare as shit. one guy in a set of relatively powerful armor isn't going to make a huge difference in the big picture

>and eugenism is not magic even if I think this is a good idea.

l think genes are super important in this setting, power comes from blood and bone and the other races came from man

certain traits in the magical races DNA are integral to harnessing magic. The DNA could have a set of instructions on how to harness the magic that exists in and around life, the races DNA in itself is a kind of blood spell

The Goblins knew this, there are no Gods and spirits, they were experts at changing the DNA of themselves and animals. Although the goblins went too far, maybe the cataclysm was kind of like a magical nuke for them, the resulting radiation mutating their DNA mutating their bodies and cutting them off from magic

Magic was less "l want this lizard to have wings and fly and breath fire *POOF AND DONE*'" for the Goblins but more "l want this lizard to have wings and fly and breath fire so l'm going to fucking transcribe what l want on its very SOUL"

If l'm not making sense then just tell me to shut the fuck up

tying this to why human matter makes better magical items is that its more of a blank canvas than the other races, Dwarves can more freely paint meaning and instructions into the item

While River Trolls worship each member of their pantheon individually the Night Trolls worship their eight gods (referred to by some scholars as the Octotheon) as a collective, Mostly because few Trolls have enough time to enact eight separate rituals of praise in the name of their gods. This has gone on for so long that some Trolls no longer remember the names and domains of each god, but apparently its enough to remember they exist.

Most of the Night Trolls rituals revolve around the sacrifice of living creatures and the number eight. For example a common coming of age ritual is to take 8 trolls, each from a different tribe, who are around the age of 8 on the 8th day of the 8th month and give them each a goat (8 goats in all). The Trolls then stab these Goats 8 times, but after every stab they pass their knives along clockwise to the next troll so the Goats are stabbed eight times by eight different knives. This apparently garners the Trolls the attentions of the Octotheon and gives them good luck in their later endeavours, apparently due to the fact that the ritual contains eight things to do with eight.

Most everyday rituals are decidedly less complicated than this, with only one or two groups of eight things involved (generally eight things getting stabbed for a grand total of eight times all together)

I much preferred the Laffu being their own race. They were cool. I dont really get what was so similar that they had to become orcs.

Treyach city is located on banks of two rivers that connect into biggest one on elvish lands, three river banks form this city and three Princess control those banks. Long time ago ancestors of each prince build own city on their own side and each of them didn't want for another to out do him or leave this place. Each time one of the cities gained more power two other united to cut it down, so it was for all time.

As for today it turned into one big city. Northen bank controlled by Yomen clan, with banner of flower on green field, they are the most elf-centric and take biggest pride in what elves can do. They mastered art of wine making, having biggest brewery in all land, rumors say that they lerned how to mix life essence of "lesser races" into wine, which not only enhances taste but also makes you feel more alive, beside that woodcrafting, wax making, honey and biggest market of plants in city.

On the East bank rules Kento clan, with banner of a gauntlet striking down on red font, they seek to utilise lesser races for own gain. Being most welcoming orcs flock to this clan for glory and pay, this gives Kento muscles to throw around. So they profit from managing docks and shipwright along with slave trade, disregarding how many orcs will die on work, anyway their body will be sold to Yomens. Thougher orcs are taught how to fight properly and serve as mercenaries and ship crew, they are constantly sent into open sea to search for new wonder and trade. Beside that Kento prosper on kettle, and trade of exotic beasts

On west bank we have Arak clan, with their banner of two crossed hands before a rising sun, being most fond of dwarves they have many dwarvish masters from UAC work on bone trinkets and book writers, with elvish tongue and dwarvish carvings they created most advanced bone and leather musical instruments, as their orchestras perform on every important event in all Elf or Dwarf cities,

(cont)

Goblins are basically the Inchoroi, then?

while those in training perform on every corner of this city. Weaving, leather working and paper are also important for this clan, while their paper light are illuminating whole city during the night. They also train deadly assassins that are masters of subtlety, stealth and precise strikes. With abundance of targets in this city and Goblinoid-dwarves just just for change they hone their skills, engraved bone-stars are their favourite weapon though very costly to make, which makes them only users of such weapon.

The city itself is booming with abundance of work, you can peacefully live your whole life here, not knowing what happens behind curtains or be unlucky enough to walk into stand off between soldiers of two principalities that ends bloody for all.

Each prince despises other two for way they govern and will never want to have anything in common with them, unless it's common enemy from outside that threatens all three in equal, then they forge a very short peace before threat is gone and they can return to wrestling over city

I completely agree.

The blood and genes are important for magic, particularly if is true (or goblins created most of the races etc)

While Magical Races have varied and powerful magic, they also have many traditions, cultures and secrets about it. Yes, perhaps some races are actually better than others but the differences are minor.
While some humans can do magic but in very limited way. Even then they have optimised that small talent to the max: killing magical races. Hardcore!

I would see that the Orc culture dislikes magic, but the shamanistic stuff they do is actual magic. Perhaps it is just the culture, perhaps their DNA is just good with shamanistic and self-healing. Who knows?

Also distinct divine magic: There is no such thing, it is all in the blood.
There is some shamanism and spirit magic, but if those are cool and explainable with blood.

Same feelings here, but I made the first post about them so im biased.

Is there not a way we could tweak them so they are no longer stepping on the toes of other races? I made them with the idea being that they show the world to be larger than we yet know. Theyre unexpected invaders from the far south, from a mysterious land that I somewhat based on ancient egypt.

See the arguments of
Is there any way you would fix these? Otherwise Laffu are quite much only combinations of other species with demonic faces and a bit too sudden appearance to Kulmorost.

made a suggestion that Laffu are pathological liars, that could at least fix their backstories which was quite similiar to goblin one.

Or to go with the masked Orc tribe stuff: Tell of us the Laffu Orc war. What they did back then and how it affects the current world? There could be laffu survivors.

They can be mirror opposite to orcs in their culture, this way they will create interesting conflicts in South and they wont just be flaming angry orcs

My own mental image of them seems different from orcs anyway. I imagine them building temple-fortresses along the coastline and deffmding them with ferocity. They do not raid unless they have to, and very few become pirates or bandits. Behind the walls of their cities they are aristocratic and civil, a side many do not see.

For the fire magic, just make it a weird racial thing they dont control upon death. Make it so masters of fire magic can dispell the flames and end their death rage early.

As for having the body of elves, dont most non humans have that kind of physical frailty? Thats the norm really, right? Make the Laffu frailer than that. They have something of an exoskeleton, but their bones are brittle.

As for their cataclysm... i believe that was hinted to be connected to the goblin one.

If its still an issue then they could perhaps be liars, or maybe have there be no known reason for their arrival. Gives future DMs more freedom.

Ill maybe post again after work.

l've been trying to find some interesting ideas for fitting the Laffu into the current settings, gonna post a few

>The Laffu are a small clan of the orcish tribe
>The Laffu are bitter rivals of the Blood clans
>Craft hideous suits of leather armor from the Blood tribes skin
>Have recently started employing suicide bombing vests in combat

>>The Laffu are bitter rivals of the Blood clans
>>Craft hideous suits of leather armor from the Blood tribes skin
Now that is Badass! Cool pic as well!

Another alternate idea for the Laffu with a few tweaks

>The black skinned Laffu just start showing up in the Southern wastes one day
>Telling tales of foreign lands of great wealth and culture when asked
>Strange knowledge of and ties to the Goblin Cataclysm
>They've been coming from the black dunes
>As in literally, crawling from the sands
>When they die they burst into flames, returning to ash
>The Black Earth rises again

The Children of the Goblins/Dunes

Another really crazily awesome concept! Ties well with the world and gives the Laffu an extremely vital reason why they continously lie about their origins to the other races!
I could see this working really well, what do other anons think?

Thanks,

l thought it could be a cool idea that the human tribes that worship the winged goddess Valkery could have wings on their helmets or on crests or in aspects of their armor or whatever sort of like pic here

could be a nice contrast, the winged knights in the northern snows and the Horned knights in the southern wastes, could be an interesting parallel

I love it! I prefer the original Laffu but this is great too!

>The Black Earth rises again
I'm not ashamed to say I felt a little tingle run up my spine when I read this

>The Laffu
Originally believed to be a weird clan of trickster orcs, nowdays it has been speculated by dwarvens scholars that the Laffu are in fact something far sinister.

The Laffu have few holds on the Western shores of the Southern Peninsula, just south of the Hive of Dragons. It was here where they were driven by the warlord Stukc the Boring after he "did not get their joke with their wedding-present".

It was long believed that the Laffu were almost extinct nomads, but roughly thirty years ago these masked orcs started to build holds on the shores. The more common clans still hated them and a Ghash-led army with large Blood Orc contingent attacked them intending to wipe them from the maps. Surprisingly the but the Laffu repulsed the assault and drove the attackers from their lands.
Their suprising fire-capabilities overpowered the orcs, while survivors often joked that "the Laffu were unorcly easy to kill once you got close to them, but darn they were cunning and vicious!" The rumors about dying Laffu burning themselves was another amazing fact but believed to be true.

After the war another insult of the Blood Orcs incurred: The Laffu began (or some say that started again old tradition) of making suits of their dead enemies, particularly the Blood Orcs.

(cont)

(cont)

After the second Laffu - Orc war, the Laffu were left alone, nor they much cared about the outside lands. The Laffu Holds are known to be particularly bad trade locations and the Drow tend stay far away from their lands. Yet slavers often find easy market there, as the Laffu buy almost everything.

Curiously, in recent years Laffu immigrants have been spotted in many other cities of Kulmorost. They speak of being outcasts, having been forced from their homelands due unknown reasons (different individuals state different reasons). There has been some worrying observations: The Laffu have far thinner body structure compared to orcs (or even elves to that matter) almost skeletal body. Their voices, gruttular as any orc has unnatural echoes and an underlying vile tone that frightens anyone who is alone with a Laffu. There is also the terrifying rumor about a Laffu that had died in a bar brawl in Treyarch: the local elves made frightening discovery: Under the red-leather devil mask of the dead Laffu was no orc face, but a hideous face with actual horns.

Some sailors have also seen large Laffu ships leaving their Holds, almost like they would be looking for a colony.. or an invasion.

The Laffu are the Children of the Black Dunes. They killed the old Laffu Orcs and have been masquerading as them ever since. The Black Earth rises again.

I love it so much.

Thank you, this is amazing.

Yes,Yes soooooooo much Yes

Bump

>when close to death, Laffu can summon magic to engulf themselves in flames. This will eventually kill the Laffu, but the magic keeps their body animated for a set period of time once the spell is begun, so even if the Laffu would be slain during this time, their fiery corpse continues to angrily flail at it's enemies, even if the skin and flesh begins to peel from the bone

This interests me. How would dueling or warfare be conducted in a civilisation where such a thing was the norm? It's not enough to simply kill your enemies when that doesn't stop them from killing you back.

What's with the dunes? I thought you guys meant the laffu came from black dunes from across the sea but i just saw black dunes on the map but there's no details on 1d4chan.

A lot of that needs updating btw

Now that the Laffu dilemma has been dealt with, it would be good time to look at the world: What it still needs to become a roleplaying game setting? We need details!

Who are the important persons of each powerful realm? What they are like?
What interesting stuff characters could be doing?
What places they could visit and what would that be like?
Plot hooks!?

At the elven princedom of Setelisia, who lies just north of the TRE mountains, the ruling princess has been murdered with an enhanced bone dart to the heart. Angry mob turned the assassin into a thorny bush before he could been interrogated about who sent him.
People whisper about goblinoid cults and fear that the new prince might be one of them, as his statements regarding a expedition to the Hive of Dragons were quite worrisomely power-mongering...
Meanwhile in the more shadowy parts of real there is lots of talk about a recently found goblin artifact that has gone missing in an old Human ruin.

The black dunes are reportedly the creation/remains of the Goblin Cataclysm. They are at the southern tip of the Southern Wastes.

A lot of people thought the Laffu were too close to just being like "magic orcs from another country with fire magic" so we tweaked them a bit. Now they're closer to like "a mysterious race masquerading as Orcs kinda just taking things slow, y'know just keeping to themselves mostly, amassing power and knowledge about the other races" kinda thing

and Yeah theres a lot of stuff that needs updating on the wiki, l've been putting off doing it myself cause l feel like a lot of stuff needs more info or tweaked or just removed in order to make everything work a bit better in the setting.

l'll probably just get real stoned and smash it out later tonight desu

>Who are the important persons of each powerful realm? What they are like?
The Lesians would have some kind of female 'pope' equivelant who would be running the show in Lesia. The proper title would be Equa, from the lesian ihk'oo'ah, where the 'ihk' is more of a bird-like click that often resembles an 'E' sound. The Equa is considered the reincarnation of Kallasaak (who is always female), the reincarnation dragon demi-god worshipped by the lesians. Every new Equa is chosen from a female hatched during the moment when the previous one dies. Due to this, when the Equa is dying they are often brought to the egg chambers to die. During the time where the new Equa is growing still, their world is ruled by the priesthood of Tel-lakki, the 'church' of Erreko, who will raise the young female until she is ready to rule.

The current Equa is a 6 year old lesian (just one year away from being considered an adult, as Lesians only typically live to 30, and grow to maturity fast, and have an obscenely long prime, where they tend to just die afterwards). She is currently still being raised by the Tel-lakki, but has a lot of involvement in any decisions being made at this point, and holds a lot of sway and favour with the church of the sun. She is devout to a fault, she is fierce and she is warlike. However, she refuses to ignore the strength of any individual, lesian or no, and is currently in the midst of a scandal, as she has invited the daughter of a human warlord (from a tribe that settled on the north coast of Lesia and 'have an understanding' with the lesians) to join the Tel-lakki to serve as her as her war advisor. This has understandably split the opinions of the Sharrila priests (the high court of the Tel-lakki), and this division is the reason that the planned invasion into elven lands has been temporarily put on hiatus.

Why do the lesians worship and hold higher importance for Kallasaak when it was Erreko who created the world you say? Simple, Erreko is a force of creation, and the sun. He is distant and magnificent. Kallasaak is majestic, but involved in the world intrinsically. To the Lesians, it only makes sense to worship Kallasaak, as she is the one who is able to hear their worship.

I'd still like something to crop up from another continent, it makes the world seem larger and more mysterious. I'm not saying the Laffu, I kinda like where they've gone with these guys at the moment, and I agree that they tie into the world a lot more now.

Also, we should compile a list of things that needs updating or adding etc.

>I'd still like something to crop up from another continent

Thats fine, but lt'd be better it they were small items, tokens or stories from the other lands that are bought to kolmorost by the traders of the mist. Not an entirely race from the southern continent that just kind of stumbled onto Kolmorost in boats and now are just doing exactly what all the other races are doing.

l think the less we know about the other lands the better really, like we know that shits there somewhere, we just have no real idea about where it is or what the fuck is really going on at all.

Updated the wiki-Laffu to the new version at least but much needs to be done yep.
Good luck dont do everything but if you get a good flow have fun!

Yes please list (with links) of stuff needs updating!

Well.. I would guess duels to first blood or with champions representing you. Do the Laffu even fight with eachother? How eerie weird stuff race they are?

Given they are made of Black Earth, do they even need to eat (or are they only carnivorous?) or breathe or are they nocturnal or do not sleep at all? How gigerian creatures they are or are they just slightly "other" compared to Magical Races?
+ Also, not *that* much of them needs to be explained. Mystery is their key! Just few guidelines.
+ They are extremely new race as well. They might have not have had time for inner schisms when there is orcs attacking OR are almost completely focused on their inner anarchy

Why is there no eld'wani on the species/nations page?

Added the Eld'wani, The Goblin Cataclysm and The Haumic Exodus to the wiki as well. I was supriced that the most important events of the history had not been covered yet!

this was my post here in my mind the Children of the Black Dunes are born from the remains of the Goblin cataclysm, from when they royally fucked with the natural laws of magic,

so they come from the leftover magic from the cataclysm, they're kind of a living rock-being, but more than that, the earth is turned into flesh, their skin feels like the other races skin, their blood is still blood but hot like molten rock, their bodies can be destroyed like the other races but they're different. They burst into flames when they die and their bodies turn back to black earth, they're strong and fast but yet still quite fragile. They have strange magic, confined to earth and rock, they can compact sand and earth pulling spears out of seemingly nowhere, but lack magic ability in any other substances including runes and language

they're an abomination of earth and flesh and magic

they're a smart race, they're masquerading as another race to not draw suspicion, perhaps knowing they'll be hunted, they've had their men travelling all over the continent gaining knowledge and power, they work together, they fight together, they're ancient, pragmatic, they have the blood of the things that the goblins poured into their failed god, humans, Orcs, Dwarves, every beast from the land and The blood and magic power of the Goblins themselves

they're an entirely new kind of life, they sort of ARE the goblin god or goblins in new form. yet they are still few and are new to the world. l haven't figured out exactly they want yet at all, but they all belong to one ideology, the entire races goals are aligned

but that was just what l was thinking when l thought of them

I like this very much. Thank you.
Have one suggestion:
The Laffu/CotBD, whether knowingly or unknowingly, absolutely fucking HATE the remaining goblins on a subconscious level. Even if they do not know the reason why - they just want to torture the life out slowly out of every singly goblin they meet.

As such, they are also quite reserved about Goblinoids yet they (perhaps the only ones to do so) realize that the Goblinoid cultists are mere cheap knockoffs of the Real Goblins. Therefore they maintain mostly neutral stance to them.

l thought we agreed to get rid of the Eld'wani earlier in this thread? since like floating bird people who live in the skies for some reason doesn't really make sense? and takes away from the feathered Lesians and beast people

I thought that we removed the extremes (airships etc) from the eld'wani and kept their basic concept, per see

>whether knowingly or unknowingly, absolutely fucking HATE the remaining goblins on a subconscious level

l like this idea, but l think they shouldn't really give a shit about what the other races goals really are. the Laffu are just gaining information and forming their own plans and ideas for the world, getting ready for the future, like they know something we don't

Apart from a great hatred of the Goblins, they're just kinda indifferent towards the other races, the other races aren't really important in the big picture of things. they're expendable

What are some beastmens races ?
How much are they civilized ?
Are they magical races ?

l'm fine with having the race in general, l mean we have beast men. but l don't know if they should be able to fly though, the other magic races need blood and bone and language in order to use magic

l have no problem with them like gliding or "falling with style" though

Why did the Elves/Dwarves wipe out the humans again?