Warhammer 40,00 General /40kg/

Marines are not viable edition

Last viable troops choice >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ASK FOR IT PLEASE
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Traces of COCAAAAAINE discovered after recent break-in. No suspects as of yet)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1119278/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for AP2 is too cheap

ORDO BIOLOGIS BEST ORDO!

BEHOLD THE SACRED HUMAN FORM WITH IT'S GREAT PILLOWY MOUNDS!

Third for Magos Biologis are fans of greenstuff.
Also we claim this thread for parts. Please assemble to surrender any interesting limbs or equipment to the Medicae Auxilia, thank you.

(Looking forward to converting some squid drones)

I gotta give a heartfelt apology to everyone that doesn't play marines, tau, or eldar. Having to watch those three armies argue over who can fit a bigger dildo up their ass must be annoying. And then to hear us try and include you on the conversation so you feel loved must also be difficult.

>he hehe I sure hate it when you use those flyrants dude, so op
>wooooah man no bane blades, give me a chance at least XDDDDD
>waaahg bro, orks are so cool!

That being said, fuck eldar and fuck tau, tac marines need a buff

Nth for Belakor ascendant soon

he'll usurp Slaneesh throne when Ynnead kill him and as the first ascendant he received patronage above most of it's servants but the forgeworld gargantuan keeper of secrets

Zhadsnark makes bikes into Troops, and joins the warbike mob of 6. Zagstruk joins the stormboyz. Tankbustas ride in the battlewagon and looted wagons. Feedback appreciated.

>tfw when want to start playing nids and everyone tell you to use flyrants but you hate how they look
Anons it hurts

Post your 40k guilty pleasures.

Mine is stealing store and opponent dice

daily reminder that space marines don't have penises because the emperor never designed them to breed

Thanks. Now Cawl exists I can join in to some extent, or at least after I've painted my Warconvo and got him.

disguising, I bet you even play Tau

>mfw local Marine player actually thinks Reaver jetbikes are unbeatable cheese
>mfw it all started because one caltrop guy got lucky and blew up a Dreadnought with one attack
>mfw he doesn't even just take flamers to hard counter me
>mfw "dude, Dark Eldar are such an overpowered faction, they're even immune to grav"

And then Fabius made better versions that can

When dice behave really well and roll nothing but 6s, even if my opponent gets angry from it.

So what would it be like if all Walkers were allowed to move 12 inches and all Super-Heavy Walkers were allowed to move 18 inches by default?

Does KdK count as marines?

>tfw Daemon of Khorne does nothing for Maulerfiends

Too much flesh.

HeretEK, thank you. And yes, I certainly am.

Creative freedom is helpful, obviously. Dark Biologis best Biologis.

(Progress on Stormvermin/Ogryn/Tyranid/Dark Eldar hybrid Castellax monsters - good.)

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here with my Crusader squads, durdling around in my Land Raiders, being stomped by even Ork bike-spam armies.

Gorkanaughts would still suck

is the cover of fabius progenitor...

...but no eldar in this book

>tac marines need a buff
;_;7

No elfdar but we do get Josh Reynolds pontificating how much stronger female marines are than male marines

>mfw when blood angels drop pod out the sky and toast everyone turn one with their heavy flamers
>"Dude, ITC says blood angels are the weakest army, even weaker then Deldar!"
>"so if you're having problems then you just need to get gud :^)"

So what's up with Fabulous Bile having a pimp cane anyway?

Aren't those normally only issued to Tech-Priest Domini?

I don't believe you.

They have more problems than just movement, so that's to be expected anyway.

But it opens the door for other walkers tremendously.

>...but no eldar in this book

Except for the Corsairs, the Harlequins and that time they go to the Craftworld.

>tac marines need a buff
I'm starting to remember why my friend and I hated the marine players at our local store in 5th ed.

This past thread has made me want to re-gear my guard into a plasma-fest. I want to make a marine player cry.

We get a cringey monologue from Fabius about how females are more deadly than males and that the Emperor should have made the Space Marines female.

So, Fabius is a feminist?
Is that why the emperor's children kicked him out?

It's because of tribal retards like you that the game does not get fixed.

>females are more deadly than males
ya but its tru tho

>Can breed
>better
its like you want mutants to take over the human race.

>tribal retards
oh because you're so civilized

Made some quick math on tactical marines vs other troops. No extra gear, no chapter tactics/orders/markerlights etc. Range differences has been noted which might or might not give the edge. No cover saves by default. No break tests included.

The days of the black tide are long gone crusader bro, at least our grav centurions and bikes get +1 to deny the witch tho right?

>I don't know what tribal means

Do you think it's fun to be forced into one of 3 power lists to be viable? Fuck no. I'd trade all grav, all Centurions, skyhammer, the free rhinos and the fucking deathstars in an instant for viable tactical termies and tac marines.

I was talking about he's making them stronger etc.

But there's a difference between mutants and marines.

Look who got triggered there...

maybe a wounds inflicted line?

Wounds inflicted and how much points those wounds equate to would both be nice.

>No extra gear
>Debate revolved about too low price of AP2/3 weaponry

Thank you for the work mate but I think you missed the point

It was you!

Hi, hot head!

Fuck, and the labeling on vanguards are wrong, it misses the "shots" and every other label is misplaced but the math should be right.

>No extra gear
You seem to be missing the point, also
>check'd

>tfw only Psykers in local meta are 1 Grey Knight player and a 'Nid guy with 1 Zoanthrope

Y-yeah, huge help, brother-initiate.

I fucking hate GW for shoving us into the generic SM book. Even fluffy DA llists with bike spam or just a random Demi-Company would fit better into the normal codex in terms of gameplay.

Wounds inflicted is the right-most column. "Saves" should be renamed "failed saves" I guess.

the point was a comparison between tacs and their peers.

>space marines with boltguns are superior in shoot-outs, point for point
>to every other infantry unit in the game
>except for high-tech dedicated ranged infantry, who would lose to them in melee anyway

truly the Emperor's Finest

Can I get some suggestions on this list? I'm not familiar with Renegades so I'm unsure about the effectiveness of having multiple quad guns and wyverns in the same list. The rapier lasers are fucking amazing though at AP1.
Another user mentioned only being able to take one unit of plague zombies but you're able to take as many as you can with the Vraks supplement and gets you an add on to the command squad that allows you to shoot artillery into your own units in combat.

CADIA STANDS!

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

for fucks sake, I was interested in reading that book
time to add Reynolds as another "author pushing a shitty agenda"

Any decent Chaos novels out there besides the Night Lords?

Well really females are much more robust than males at pretty much every stage of natural development. Even if female muhreens weren't physically stronger than male ones, they'd likely have a much higher success ratio with organ implantation and mental conditioning.

If all he wanted was raw power, why didn't he stick with the Thunder Warriors?

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1119278/

Females also show a markedly lower incidence of severe mental health issues, suicide and destructive behaviour, so they might well have dodged the Heresy if Emps had just listened to Malcador when he suggested the Primarchs should be sisters not brothers.

Unfortunately the Emperor is a turbo-autist who cannot into humanity, unlike a certain other God-Emperor who DID create an all-female army of super soldiers who went on to become the longest lived and most successful military outfit in human history.

I kept it simple. It's missing lots of things as it is.

Yeah, BA and DA definitely should have gone into the main codex before Black Templar. Hell, even now BA could be lumped in fairly easily with minimal loss of material (Death Company as Chapter specific unit, let Honor Guard take Jump Packs, make Baal and Furioso into weapon options for baseline preds and dreads, add apothecaries).

>females are much more robust than males

Stap.

The only one that's losing to the Tacticals is the Guardsmen. Everything else is doing a higher % of unit damage to the Tacticals.

enjoy defending the galaxy's newest asteroid belt while we conquer the rest of the Imperium, whoreson

ive got
>2 archons
>4 raiders
>20 kabalites
>20 wyches
>6 incubi
>1 venom
>24 reavers
>1 ravager
>Tantalus
>various archon court models

Anything else I need?

Im not a fan of the haemonculus cult models, but I might pick up some grots to stick in a raider or something

>I can't read the table
Orks: lose over 12", win unde 12"
Guard: slight win, but guard doesnt have orders
Guardians: lose
Tau: lose
Skitarii: lose

And that's without factoring in that for 15 points the guard get about one more kill per salvo and can take a ton of the things, and all the other undercosted shit around

When the new unit I've bought and painted one color (so far) has done well on the table, validating my decision to buy it.

more venoms and more kabalites desu

boyz and guardians lose a lot more points to the marines than the other way around, if anything the guardians lose harder than the guardsmen because they have to pay extra for all their eldar stuff while still being GEQ

>DEldar
>Weak
People have this weird perception that they're bad, yet we are more or less mid-tier imo. Of course they are unforgiving, but if people had a brain to actually think about tactics on the table, then maybe they'd do better.

They win against Guardians.

They're by the bottom rung of the ladder, but that's more that, aside from the very top and Orks, the game is relatively balanced.

It'd come down to who gets to shoot first really. And against orks, guardians, and vanguard the tacticals holds the range supremacy. Especially against guardians (69,4% chance of not getting into 12'' range with battle focus from 24'' distance).

They're very underplayed and underestimated. But they do need a buff I'll agree on that.

>Aside from half the armies in the game, the game is balanced

>four-five armies in the game
>Half the armies in the game

check your math

>actually think about tactics on the table
>drop pod comes down anywhere is wants practically without fail
>heavy flamer jumps out and toasts a squad of guys in a transport
>think about tactics

Guardians are awkward since they win if the SM can't rapid-fire, which is possible (if unlikely) due to Battle Focus combined with casualties.

obvious bait, so you only get the one (you) from me
>implying woman aren't self-obsessed narcissistic whores
>implying a squad of entirely women would show any loyalty to each other and not be jealous that they aren't the squad leader
>implying the squad leader wouldn't be too busy abusing her position to be of any tactical use on the battlefield

reminds me of the old "mountain top" quote.

also, fucking triggered

Calm down, Calhoun. I play guard and sorely miss the days we were a solid all around army. I don't delve into marines much these days, and I get that a bunch of things are... redundant (I'm still not really sure why centurions exist. They just seem like slightly-stronger devs or slightly-weaker shooty terminators), but where I was coming from is that I'm not sure a buff is in order but a nerf to Tau and Eldar. A squad of your tactical marines up against a squad of my vets would still wipe the floor with my dudes, so giving a straight buff to marines would throw shit all out of whack and cause more harm than good.

Like I said, the crux of it is that we need to see a nerf-hammer, not buffs. Buffs are how we got here in the first place.

Marine combat squad vs. guard special weapon squad with plasma guns.

Marines, 5 dudes, all with bolters. 70 points. 5 shots, give 3.33 hits, 2.22 wounds. Kill 37% of the guardsmen.

Guard, 6 dudes, 3 lasguns, 3 plasma guns. 75 points. 3 plasma shots give 1.5 hits, 1.25 wounds, 3 lasgun shots give 1.5 hits, 0.5 wounds, of which 0.17 make it through the marine's armour save. Kill 28% of the marines.

Bear in mind that the marines are far superior in close combat, are virtually immune to psychology rules and give you free fucking vehicles. Guard can get orders, but marines get chapter tactics. The marines are a versatile unit not especially geared for anything in particular, while the guard are carrying their optimal anti-marine weapons. The marines still win easily.

>thinking drop pods make you invincible to DEldar
Ok buddy.

Apart from the gameplay, Black Templars and Crimson Fists are also the odd-ones out since they're the only non-First Founding chapters in the core codex, though Crimson Fists can be excused since they're just Imperial Fists with a special alternative character and a set of anti-ork Warlord traits.

Just give the main codex one generic unit list that are used in every Space Marine chapter in the book, followed by 1-3 pages of Chapter Tactics and norm-deviations and a few extra pages of special units for every Chapter in the book and you'd be good to go. If everything fails and the rules would be too long, just make the Space Marine codex extra large or keep the core codex limited to only generic tactics, then release a secondary codex similar to Traitor Legions. They could probably get away with that for every single SM chapter except maybe Space Wolves with how they are moving farther and farther away from the norm. Aside from those, you'd have 1-4 unique units, a few characters, one general detachment and 1-2 formations for every Chapter and it'd be more than enough room to flesh out every basic chapter to an acceptable extend while keeping things centralized.

Ignoring the ally-tier codexes, you've got Orks, Tyranids, and to a lesser extent Dark Eldar and CSM as factions that are significantly below the middle of the pack. Then you've got Space Marines, Eldar, Tau, and Daemons as significantly above the middle of the pack. AdMech are also significantly above the middle of the pack, but the average AdMech player is a shitter so it evens out this triggers the AdMech players, but ITC results tell them to accept their shitterdom.

Ok bros, help me out with a 750 point Salamander list. I don't want to get too crazy, still learning. But I'm thinking a core of:

Librarian
Dreadnought with heavy flamer and drop pod
2 5 man flamer/combi flamer tac squads, drop pod
4 sniper rifle scouts w/1 missile launcher
Thunderfire cannon

Not sure what else to do with the 96 remaining points (little less if I got with a Venerable dread). Should I focus entirely on other units?

so why is the average unit of female models in 40k better by far than the average unit of non-magical/mutant men

God Emperor why..

Quote the post where I said that.

Guardians kill just UNDER half the marine squad, while marines do better, killing just OVER half the guardian squad, assuming under 12". Guardians have effective range of 18" battle focus included, while Space Marines have effective range of 24". Space Marines will curbstomp Guardians in an assault. Space Marines win, but barely, and Guardians will do quite well if they use cover.

can dark angels replace a tactical marine with the imperial space marine?

>lower incidence of mental health issues
Because the females were already insane before augmentation took place

Tac marines did get a buff they got free transports and grav :^)

Doesn't factor in that most troops break and run after about 50% casualties while marines are in it till the bitter end.

>Not one single finished miniature in that picture
>This kind of people is who I'm supposed to play with
>Why must life be suffering

Which of the new start collecting forces is best deal?

I haven't played since 4th edition and want to start over.

I like all factions pretty much.

By best deal I mean most playable and best monetary.

You said you could easily just put a drop pod in anywhere and smash us with flamers. Games don't play out like they do in your head bud. It sounds like you have a vendetta against us DEldar players.

>/r9k/ cherrypicking.jpg
>totally unsubstatiated claims/slurs against women

My two points were;

1. Females are more physically robust than males. I provided a source that backed this.

2. Females are more mentally robust than males. Same source backed this. Even a casual study of suicide rates, substance abuse and violent crime will back this up too.

Female marines would have made more sense. They're going to be physically superior to mortals regardless of gender due to Emprah gene-magics, so why not choose the gender with the more resilient physiology and noticably more stable psychology.

That's not bait, that's an argument in favour. Your reply is just /pol/-tier shitposting.

>expecting anyone to actually play against the Imperial Space Marine
Top kek.

Also, no. RaW only generic Space Niggas can take the ISM.