mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

> Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

> /5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

> 5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

> Previous thread
Which archetype do you want to see in Arcana and/or new splatbook? Keep in mind that arcane cleric, bladesinger, mastermind and banneret were never playtested in an Arcana before the release.
Which explains why they are shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Warlock
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drunken monk obviously

Mastermind is pretty okay, though. I'd take it over Thief or Assassin any day.

Bladesinger is shit, though. There's no saving that.

Archetypes I'd like to see:
1) Non-Battlerager Berserker that's functional. Just make the Intimidate feature have actual value and reduce the rate of Exhaustion accumulation of Frenzy and it'd be a viable (if far from optimal) alternative to Totem Barbarians.
2) Elemental Sorcerers. The framework is already there with Storm Sorcerers, and Elementalists are a staple of D&D throughout not only every edition but almost every setting too.
3) A Warlock that feels like it actually made a pact with something / is in an agreement with a greater power, as opposed to the current flavor which is "Sorcerer but not Sorcerer only kinda like Sorcerer but trust us it's not a Sorcerer".

I hope for a fey warlock

Anybody play any sessions recently where Mindflayers were involved?

Your DM do anything interesting with them? Anything worth stealing?

Bruh....

What are the limits on True Polymorph?

Assassin is quite powerful, but it works best when taken not as a Level 1-20 option but four levels of MultiClass for another Class. Advantage on all attacks if you have higher initiative is huge, as is first round auto-crits if you catch the enemy by surprise.

Bladesinger is VIABLE, but yeah it very much suffers from a number of issues. You lack the durability to be a frontline fighter until you get the Defensive ribbon, and if you dip that far into Bladesinger you're only ever going to get two attacks / round (which means your weapon DPS is competing with a solitary cantrip that will often do at least as much damage as if both your attacks hit). I think it generally works best when combined with a Monk or Rogue multi class.

Wizards should bring back mindflayers of Thoon.

got banned from discord by fags
someone start a new discord

Gish players should suffer.

What did you do?

plz no

>be a fag
>get banned
>create an alternate discord run by fags

yeah sure knock yourself out

What are they?

I'd really like to see some kind of alchemist class
>Brew health potions and buff-granting concoctions
>Craft poisons, acids, and explosives for combat-use
>Grow your own familiars and homonculi in jars
>Transform substances into other substances
Only problem I suppose is making it interesting to play in combat, since most of the "Fun" stuff would be prepping beforehand.

So what's the best Gish in D&D 5e?

In the running we've got:

* Bladesinger wizard
* Blade Pact warlock
* Valor bard
* Eldritch Knight fighter
* Arcane Trickster rogue
* some other bullshit I probably forgot

Hardmode: No multiclassing.

Thoughts on Volo's races? At first glance Assimar seem broken af.

Paladin.

Hardmode, arcane caster only edition?

Mountain Dwarf Red Dragon Sorcerer.

Has someone created Gem Dragons for 5e yet somewhere? If not, guess I'll do them.

Then we'd have 2 discords filled with fags.

Seriously, Discord needs to be removed from the /5eg/ OP.

Dang, never knew about this.

Thanks user.

Paladins.

A lost mindflayer expedition that returned from the Far Realm, they've adopted an alien philosophy/deity/religion and are more similar to lovecraftian Mi-Go in a sense that they harvest living creatures for their essentia and make use of vaguely sci-fi alien machinery with sleek designs.
They also dont mind eating other illithids.

Paladin, probably one with Oath of Vengeance.

They're definitely strong. However, given 5e's balance range they're not too bad in-play.

What patron do I choose for a Scourge Aasimar Warlock?

Alternatively, what type of Celestial creature can I refluff to be my patron without being OP and or snowflakey?

Assassins only have advantage until they get a turn, all subsequent rounds they woudn't.

>Scourge Aasimar
Most flavorful patron would be Undying Light from the underdark UA.

aasimar and yuan-ti are both a bit op but the races are interesting. i'd allow anything other than those two

I never used Unearthed Arcana before.

Good, or bad?

Neato.

Mechanically it's breddy gud.

Fluffwise it'll give you a hateboner for the undead.

It's really good.
Check it out 5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Warlock

Much thanks anons, will use it.

>People still abusing familiars for advantage

Do you feel wizard isn't powerful enough already or something?

Got a player who's playing an Eldritch Knight that worships Kord. Tells me he'd like to start taking levels as paladin, but only when it makes sense (his father is a paladin of Kord, and founded his own church; he's trying to take the same path).

What would be a good "sign". The past two major battles he's gotten trounced via bad rolls and positioning, and in-game he's taken it pretty hard. Suggestions?

If he's roleplaying things well, give him Inspiration, and let him use that when he sees fit. If it pans out particularly well, give him the go.

anyone know of a rule about certain attacks you make not applying your damage modifier?

I hate d4s. They roll like shit.

OP features aren't free. The tree of cheese and loopholes gotta be litered with the blood of Martials.
It's WIZARDS of the coast not FIGHTERS that can boast ok
Praise Vecna

The only things that do that are spell attacks (which get no modifier by default) and the bonus action attack for two-weapon fighting (which can get it via a fighting style).

Kas did nothing wrong

Need a good mini adventure set deep in a weird forest. Any ideas?

Familiars are very squishy and there are very few spells that use attack rolls. It's best used as an extra support unit for martials (like most wizard abilities).

Even so, advantage on attack rolls for wizard abilities matters more since they use spell slots and are most burstey, and the help can go to someone like a BB rogue that needs it badly.

While familiars are squishy, they're also very cheap, and wizards essentially get familiars for free. Warlocks don't quite get it so easily, but the only two good PHB pacts either give you a familiar or give you a familiar if you take an invocation.

Then EKs and ATs probably have a free slot for a familiar.

But the real concern here is that wizards kind of don't need such things.

If it isn't a melee weapon attack or a ranged weapon attack, I don't believe it add any ability modifier to the damage by default.

I'm the guy who made that reply. Yeah, owls are great for using your familiar to the absolute best of what the spell can do. No, wizards don't actually need the extra help. I like to pick cats for my familiars, because they fit my character themes better and because they're cats.

But the question I was answering was which familiar is the best, and that's owls.

Some large mutant wolf-demon is mind-controlling packs of wolves, using them like hunting hounds to flush the party into it's lair, the overgrown ruins of some long-forgotten chapel. Bigass heavy bramble thickets and dense fog should serve as environmental barriers to just backtracking and noping out. Area around the chapel ruins is desecrated and filled with relatively weak undead.

told an autist his homebrew was shite and to stop shilling it so hard

There really aren't a lot of good bursty attack roll spells to consider though. There's Chromatic Orb for bursty and attack roll, but is that really good? I guess it helps things like Mordenkainen's Sword (not good) or Bigby's Hand. Anything else come to mind?

CRAFTING MAGIC ITEMS
Item Rarity Creation Cost Minimum Level
Common 100 gp 3rd
Uncommon 500 gp 3rd
Rare 5,000 gp 6th
Very rare 50,000 gp llth
Legendary 500,000 gp 17th

character wants to be an artificer that lets him have this instead at level 3:

Crafting Table
Item Rarity Creation Cost Minimum Level
Common 50 gp 3rd
Uncommon 100 gp 3rd
Rare 500 gp 5th
Very Rare 5,000 gp 9th
Legendary 50,000 gp 15th

This is the kind of thinking that made me swap Druid and Ranger pets in 3.5. Rangers definitely needed the better pet growth over a Druid.

However, I don't think Wizards having a familiar upsets the scales nearly as much in 5e, especially not to the point that I need to mess with anything,

explain to him that playing 5e is about being a sniveling tear dripping cuckold who has no ability to obtain any form of valuable on their own and must beg their GM for the tiniest of pittances and then pray that he will feel so generous as to bestow the party's 10th level battlemaster with a ring of water walking or, if he feels the battlemaster truly needs it, a shortsword that counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance but grants no inherent stat bonuses
explain to him that he should feel grateful you have presented any kind of crafting rules to him in the first place

Go away, 4rrie, nobody likes you.

What do you mean?

Reread Assassin features

Yuan-ti is too strong
Aasimar is strong
Orc is generally worse half-orc
Why do Hobgoblins get INT?
The rest are fine I guess

Don't forget to post it

Fey Sisters Fate
You did download the DMs Guild mega when it was up, right?

I would give them both that and the free magic items

>kobolds aren't there
dude you're missing the worst fucking race in the entire thing or bugbears, one of the best.

ok because recently the monk in my campaign wasn't adding his dex to his bonus attack from martial arts, is that right or what? This is not the first time I seen this come up, but everytime I try to find a ruling, there is none to be found.

>Player usually plays a blaster
>Tries out being a controller
>Likes it, but misses blasting a little bit.
>Have an NPC whose life he saved throw a Ring of Magic Missile his way, one free cast per day
>Loves it, never takes it off
>The BBEG is using it to track the party's movements.

I've had a very similiar thing happen - Strahd gifted the party a magic sword that was obviously cursed. However, beyond driving the user insane, it also was a listening device through which he learned the location and identity of his arch-nemesis.
They really should have thrown it away at the first opportunity, but the power was too tempting.

Keep in mind a cost reduction also reduces the time it takes to make items, because you have to pay 25 gp a day until you reach the cost.

This means at level three he gets to mass produce +1 weapons and armor taking only 4 days per as opposed to 20

I didn't miss. Just didn't talk about it again. Kobolds can be nice. Especially at night. Even more if it's just Kobolds. What about a Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party?
There's Bugbearmont too, for some whippin' good time. But 5' reach when attacking isn't all that OP.

funnily enough i'm reading it now

>What do you mean?
If I TP myself into an Illithid, are my new stats simply my base stats now that can be increased with feats, class features, equipment, and things like that?

I'm the one that asked about it and my group needs all the support they can get since most of them are new and all of them do dumb shit on top of having bad rolls. Plus we just lost two people and they were playing our tank and off-tank.

He should be adding his Dex.

>Don't forget to post it

Will do. What was the site again that lets you create stat blocks, class spreads, etc. on the fly? I can't remember for the life of me.

Can confirm, the current discord is shit right now. Some bitch pretending to be female gathered up a lot of beta orbiters and when confronted, the admin banned some people. It's really a shit show in there, it'd probably be better to just not include it.

>Why do Hobgoblins get INT?
Because they're good tacticians.
Such a shame fighters don't actually use Int for anything but Eldritch Knight, while hobgoblins aren't really fluffed around arcane magic at all.

/General/ discords are always shit.

He banned one person, and it wasn't related to that drama.

What would you guys say is the best build for a gunslinger (the Mercer one). I was thinking either 18 or 20 total levels of fighter is best because you really need that capstone crit range boost and the third attack tends to be better than a single level in anything else. If it changes anything my DM will allow the archetype to be used as a ranger archetype but he seems iffy on the UA ranger.

Then your DM is fucking up. His job is to throw encounters appropriate to the group.

three people who asked this female for nudes and wanting to meet up to fuck her, one with a wife even, found out she was a dude and lost their shit, taking the whole chat down with it. it's a nightmare in there. everyone should join to watch this shit it is so funny

Bugbear isn't OP at first, but once you start getting polearm mastery into the mix with opportunity attacking fuckers who get close to you, along with the close quarters fighting style
Using the new UA tree ranger+Halberd+Enlarge that's goddamn 25ft of no enter zone.
Then tack on Eldritch blast+sentinel+warcaster for some multiclass hellish nightmare that makes the DM want to kill himself

Illithids don't have classes. You're venturing into homebrew territory when you give it to them.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, there's just not much help we can give you.

Because your monk is probably the only one in the world who read it that way.

> When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

There is literally nothing in there that suggest him not to add his dex.

You use it's game statistics as if it were yours and apply class features, equipment and such if the new form is physically adequate. With an Illithid, I'd say you retain your class features and feats, but your equipment would likely need some tuning.

This one I guess homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

Bugbear's reach has no effect on OAs, it only works on your turn. Day 1 revelation.

Ah, alrighty.

True polymorph doesn't let you keep your class features. Besides, with true polymorph you should just find an ant nest and just start making infinite magic items and become god.

TP replaces your statistics. It's shapechange that lets you keep them.

> True Polymorph
Everything you have is replace with Illithid stats. So you lost everything you previously has including feats, class level, class feature (like spell casting).

what the hell? Where was this posted?

READ THE FREAKING SPELL.

You don't get any of your old class features with True Polymorph. Only Shapechange spell allow that.

Well, they do have some blasty mages in their ranks.
They could showcase the tactician part of the race with another feature, instead of the save face one.

As the other user said, the reach only works when you attack on your turn. But even then, many people play on theatre of the mind. This feature would hardly come up.

In the book: "When you make a melee attack on your turn, your reach for it is 5 feet greater"

You're right, I mixed it up. Never got to lv17 either.

>Bladesinger is VIABLE, but yeah it very much suffers from a number of issues. You lack the durability to be a frontline fighter until you get the Defensive ribbon, and if you dip that far into Bladesinger you're only ever going to get two attacks / round (which means your weapon DPS is competing with a solitary cantrip that will often do at least as much damage as if both your attacks hit). I think it generally works best when combined with a Monk or Rogue multi class.

You're playing it wrong if you're actually using it primarily for melee. It's just a defensively strong wizard that has the option to do a bit more damage than most with GFB and BB.

He is giving reasonable ones, the dumb shit is happening either outside of encounters or when we should be walking away because the enemies are gone and then we go into other encounters low on health and spells since they don't like taking rests.

Oh god I'm sorry for being retarded, the rest of the build except the bugbear party could still be used I guess.

>theatre of the mind
>not coming up
If the DM doesn't have monsters walk up to you then I guess, but once they get 20ft away from you they get fucked by 1 to 4 eldritch blasts or 1 halberd attack, that if any of those hit, the target can't get any closer.

They're good, but there's nothing in Volo's as good as variant human. Aasimar are about on par with half-elves for certain Charisma classes.

Everyone should look at what actually qualifies for the yuan-ti magic resistance and realize it doesn't work against most of the monster save-or-suck effects in the game.

This.

Most the bladesinger kit help you escape melee situation.

The bugbear feature of 5 extra feet, I mean. If you're attacking from 25' or 20' it doesn't really matter, in the theater it's all just "attacking from a good range" or "keeping them at bay".
And if people just can't get on to you, they'll just go around to your mates or attack from afar. This stuff, as the name says, works best in tunnels and similar situations.

theater of the mind only have close,medium and long range IIRC.

Also I'm pretty sure sentinel doesn't work with EB+Warcaster. The attack you get from sentinel's attack isn't OA.

>theater of the mind only have close,medium and long range IIRC.
Theatre of the Mind has as many ranges as the DM and players feel like/can handle - there aren't rules for it.

Looking for some feedback on this Monk archetype, which is drawing inspiration from the Swordsage class back in 3.5.