/swg/ - Star Wars General - Ion Torpedo Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB (embed)

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6 (embed)
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN (embed)

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin (embed)

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T (embed)

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

I have plans on being the GM for a Star Wars rpg session, and I was thinking of giving them a small ship to start off with. And that is would be a Wayfarer Transport ship (pic related). But are there any other ship options to choose from? Or is the Wayfarer the best one?

Depending on which RPG you decide to play there are several options suggested in the rule book, from a YT-1300 to a collection of aging Y-wings.

Reminder: The Jedi all died violently, including your waifu

Shut up your dumbass ideas would star wars terrible and boring as shit. If you want to make a hippy peace loving setting than go ahead.

Except Yoda, anyway.

What book are you using? The FFG games already have a section with what ships you can give your players to start off.

He just lost the will to live.

who is the qt in the y-wing

Cad Bane is the superior.

The superior what? Dicksucker?

Figures that a frogposter would throw a fit when told to self-actualize.

Now that you mention it, the apparatus he is wearing is supposed to prevent him from suffocating while choked by a forceuser.
Pretty sure it would work just as well for sucking dick.

>Obi-Wan
>Yoda
>Kanan
>Ahsoka

And two of those are just in a few years. Anyone who thinks that nucanon won't retread the same shit as EU are fooling themselves, not when you can have special snowflakes as your book/comic/tv show/video game characters

do you guys have any tips on how to mentally deal with the fact i want to play SW but i can't because new films are trash?

>*shluuuuuk* NO GAAAG REFLEX, SKYWALKAH

Get over yourself.

You should probably kill yourself my man
Fuck off hippy the setting is called STAR WARS not peace wars numale.

>He thinks Kanan and Ahsoka make it

That's cute.

Is Star Wars Destiny good?

Nah, they'll just put in untrained force users who are just as good as jedi like R1 did.

Don't play in a time frame covered by the new films? Ignore the characters and take the parts you like? Get over yourself?

>new films are trash?
But only ep VII is bad, user

What does playing Star Wars games have to do with watching Star Wars movies? It's not like rolling red dice and placing maneuver templates doesn't work unless you've seen Force Awakens three times.

Well, it's suggested that any ship under 150,000 credits would work.

So like depending on the size of your group, you could put them in a HWK-290, or a JumpMaster 5000, you get the idea.

Go play games instead of making bait posts on /swg/?

>150,000
EotE says 120,000 or less.
F&D says 70,000 or less.

Was getting BTFO worth the (you)s?

so Badass Rhaddus is still alive right?

Cad Bane lives an adventurous and exciting sex life, and has claimed the title of superior at every sex act. Known and unknown.

Jedi have the force, they dont need a big spaceship

I just don't know where he got 150,000 from.

>Doesn't mean Order 66 or the dark times
>Actually means ever dying ever

Daily reminder that life is terminal

Consider that every single one of the STAR WARS we've seen in the STAR WARS films have been kicked off by some Dark Side dillweed high on midichlorians deciding that the status quo is boring and setting out to incite people to murder each other until ??? happens and things magically go their way.

It's a key element of the setting that the use of the Dark Side actively makes things worse for everybody in the grand scheme of things. Warfare and cool space fights isn't a cosmic no-no, but using THE LIFE FORCE THAT FLOWS THROUGH US AND BINDS ALL THINGS TOGETHER as a weapon is.

Had your Imperial Breakfast yet Veeky Forums?

yes, always

>Tarkin doing the Captain
I like this image

oh my god.

>cutting out the thank you

OK, whew, some of my favourites for starting PCs

A YT-1300 - boring, but a staple for a reason. Plus if your party aren't hardcore into star wars, the Milennium Falcon cred can work wonders.

Other YTs under the price barrier - good if your party wants something a little different but still very familiar (much the same reason they probably got written into the EU in the first place). The YT-2400 is a good aspiration ship though, so it can be nice to leave it dangling.

Ghtroc 720 - my shipfu. It is a Turtle. A Space Turtle. It is the best.

HWK-1000 - is a great ship. But I think it also works nicely as a ship for the players to have their eyes on to follow the dream if you are playing Edge. It certainly packs a lot for its price.

Why not the Lambda?

Because I have a bad memory.

Point is with 70k and 120k, you still have enough for a JM-5000 or a HWK-290.

Yeesh.

Ahsoka is already dead and Kanan doesn't make it to rogue one.

this is not a issue of universal mortality, it's being a Jedi where Jedi can no longer be.

So since we're talking about shipfus...

What's the best large ship for an expierenced party?

I'm playing a character with the commodore specialization, and I finally convinced the GM to let us get a ship larger then a freaking freighter (an MC40). What's a similar size ship you guys like?

Party bus. YV-666. That way you'll all fit in it!

>It's new, therefor it bad

Marauder Corvettes are sexy

I want to fuck this ship and make her my wife

Currently redesigning the interior of my party's ship, using pic related floorplan. We're taking out the gunwell, and reducing it to four bunks. What kind of amenities would a ship have beyond the obvious lounge, workshop, cargo bay, refresher, engineering bay, supply locker, and galley?

SHUT UP PLO-KOON SURVIVED THAT CRASH

>3.75 k crew
Are you sure that was wise? How do you rationalize doing anything for yourselves with that many people under you?

Oh, oh dear.

I am glad that we both agree that the setting is called STAR WARS and war is an important and inescapble facet of the series. If jedi never used the force to defend themselves than the Mandelorians let alone the sith would have ruled the galaxy forever long ago.

Can someone shoot down my silly idea for a list? Prince Xizor and friends...

Xizor & friends (100)

Prince Xizor — StarViper 31
Push the Limit 3
Advanced Sensors 3
Autothrusters 2
Virago 1
Ship Total: 40

Tel Trevura — JumpMaster 5000 30
Wingman 2
Intelligence Agent 1
Ship Total: 33

Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000 27
Ship Total: 27

Lambda is an OK starting ship that fits well with a Rebel party that has a base elsewhere.

To me, it has a few big downside:
- Imperial Cache. The look of the Lambda, and it being a government contract ship paints a big target on its back if the party aren't Imps/don't have a ground base
- Living space: This could be a benefit, and I did run a game with a party of Rebels where part of the struggle was living out of it, eating meals off a power cell hot plate and sleeping on an durasteel floor. There isn't any, so it isn't a good party base/party space. It is a party vehicle to ferry them from place to place.
- It does have enough for the party to do in it though, so it can be a good functional ship.

>silly idea
>Xizor and friends
>no Guri
>no uncommon aces on uncommon ships
>just more Jumpmasters
Is your idea of "silly" to wear beige socks instead of white socks?

Where do you guys go to find games/players online? Game Finder thread's been dead for a while and I'm thinking of starting a game for myself

Facebook/reddit real life. What are you an anti-social neckbeard?

MC 40s are big fucking ships. In that size range, I'm very fond of the old Dreadnaught, and the Vindicator is also pretty neat

No, but getting in character is much easier for me through text rather than in person

Plus all the people I know in real life are only interested in DnD

You can try the roll20 gamefinder, but I can almost guarantee the types you'll find will be of a lower caliber, if not down right fetishistic. Ask some work/school buds if they want to try a game night and offer them beer/pizza.

>silly idea
>two Jumpmasters
>Manaroo, no upgrades

See what you've done here is just made a not great scum list. Xizor is a top meme but then two Jumpmasters, one with no upgrades? But why?

Especially the one who is like Scum's golden bullet right now.

You treat Manaroo right, she is a classy lady.

Just build a custom one.

Are you just jonesing for an excuse to go on another 3d creation adventure?

More like
>it made everything the characters in the original trilogy achieved utterly pointless while stepping to most of the same beats as ANH

I don't play the X-Wing minis game, but is that the same Manaroo that fell in love with Dengar?

I'm already on one and it it glorious.

My players acquired a very nice, profitable cantina in Nar Shaddaa last session. I'm thinking I'll handle it as an Obligation for the whole group (thinking 10 or 15), but every week of ingame time they each get a cut of the profits. Thinking 1000 creds, which seems like a lot but this group make a lot of money on jobs so this won't severely affect their ability to access cool shit.

Looks Ubrikkian

When you're done with Wanda see what you can do with these.

Sorry I am new getting ready to play my first game of EoE. My gm is accusing me of powergameing before we even start and forbid me from playing a gadgeteer/outlaw tech. What is a super strong class combination that can wreck all game?

>Are women verifiably on average and best to best "rubbish" compared to a male equivalent at any kind of combat? Yes.
I had the privilege to serve with a couple of the assignees to TF in Afghanistan. These women were every bit the professional you'd expect. One of them got caught up in a firefight with us and snagged two confirmed kills for herself.

The other was a great fuck.

Honestly I don't know what else needs to be said.

Oh, except that both of them could fireman carry my 205 pound ass. With my PC and rifle. Good enough for government work.

How do you store your X-wing upgrade cards?

What good methods exist besides binders?

I'm running out of space in my case, and want a non-binder way to hold them.

>GM is calling me out on power gaming before the session even starts
>help me find a different way to powergame

"No"

I have trouble believing Tarkin would use space-wikipedia. He seems like such an intellectual elitest that he would dismiss it's reliability and only trust the physical 333 volume Encyclopedia Galactica.

I think enough was said about all that last thread, user. Let's keep it on topic this time.

Yes, but, why not field Tel Trevura and Manaroo with good upgrades? I get wanting to have fun, but there's wanting to have fun and fielding one random Star Viper.

Why not take two Star Vipers and Manaroo for top memery?

Yes, she is.

>What is a super strong class combination that can wreck all game?
Please go away.

That's why you treat her well. If you don't, Dengar will fuck you up

I'm a commodore. I have a Jedi Advisor. I have a leader for both the troops and the squad we'll carry and we're all kind of interested in doing some larger stuff.

Originally, I wanted an Assault Frigate mk II, but there's no rules for that. And then when I asked for something like a Victory or an MC80, the GM laughed at me and said that neither of those would probably happen.

(I think at some point the Victory might still happen, it'd be frickin' sweet).

If you're group's all cool with it then far be it from me, just seems larger scale than my tastes. Best of luck saving/enslaving the galaxy.

Hopefully you can follow my thought on this one, the thing flies haft forward, blade down. Add the four fusial turbine chain bit to the top of the axe head at a 90 offset so they stick out like winglets from the aft. Place the white plastic bit onto the corkscrew and attach to the blade of the axe head. The disc is stuck through the haft of the axe at the same orientation as the fusial turbines. Giving it a rough look like a star trek federation ship.

The plastic C and corkscrew is an powerful planet scanning array for an orbital prospecting ship.

Engines are individually low powered but reliable as anything available in known space and together all four will make it move at a decent speed.

Engineering and the bridge as in the back of the axe head, science and geosurvey lab are in the blade wing under the ship. Cargo hold with basic ship to shore shuttles on either side of the disk space. Living spaces in the middle of the ship.

Basic hardmounted droid on the bridge can maintain or reposition the ship as needed while the crew follows up scans with ground recon.

No idea how it went from long haul survey ship to your groups hands but hey, maybe that scanner can be refitted to firr broad ion waves as a last ditch hail mary or screw you to waves of fighters.

Single nose mounted twin laser cannon is under powered for a ship of its size so maybe they should do something about that?

Don't be pussies and please answer the question. The gm is my friend and I am just trying to get him back for bullying me.

Ok, you want to power game?

Play a Diplomat Advocate with Analyst. You sit back and make knowledge checks and support social checks. Staying in career will ensure you get to signature abilities, which includes 'Diplomatic Solution.' This will allow you to spend 2 Destiny Points to resolve a encounter peacefully (depending on upgrades).

Your party will appreciate your ability to help them succeed and even Crit more often, provide tactical knowledge that translates into actual physical boots in all encounters, and being a acceptable face (but even better support face). Plus, the GM will like that you provide a means for him to provide more insightful story and setting information logically to the party. All without you needing to fire a shot.

Now, if this build or ones like it that don't relay on blasting every challenge to death does not suit your interests; or if you only want to play out of the Bounty Hunter tree despite the plethora of other options available...

Fuck off.

Because FFG is a fucking narrative game.

Well, funny you should mention that.

It's Age of Rebellion. And we're playing good guys. Rebels, I should say.

... ... ... I'm playing a character that whenever he introduces himself, he claims to be a HERO of the Clone Wars.

This is technically true. Technically true, his dress uniform has a chest of medals and campaign ribbons.

He just... was a commodore in the Confederacy of Independent Systems... As a member of the Commerce Guild and he bought his commission. But he killed a jedi! Via orbital bombardment!

Kill yourself, if he's really your friend he'll be sad that he drove you to such ends. But he'll probably just be glad he doesn't have tolerate you anymore.

Sounds fantastic.

Oops

Kill yourself, it unlocks the Sith Inquisitor class.

How about we help you be a good friend. Listen to his advice, don't be an asshole, and try to make the game fun for everyone.

Maybe talk to him instead of trying ruin his game like a bitter child. You're the only one being a pussy here.

Absolutely top notch.

Well fuck you then I'll just brainstorm a cheesy combo on my own like I was planning to. No wonder you guys will never get laid.

You're playing a Star Wars RPG, you're not getting laid.

Play a Drall or Cerean Colonist Scholar, mix with Analyst from this guy's post:

If you truely just want to bug your GM, do it by having your character outsmart every move a antagonist makes. Because Knowledge rolls, if done as read in the Skills chapter of the Core books, can be potent if used.

But if your idea of bullying your "friend" GM who bullys you is to make a combat guy, keep in mind this:

He's the GM, he can magically insert a simple Proton Bomb drop from a merc, pirate, Imperial, or Rebel fighter to inflict anywhere above 40+ planetary damage over the area of a city block.

I'm convinced the guy who posts this shit it just one guy constantly saying it over and over. You're a hardcore purist, we get it.

What are some of the rules he's imposing, if you don't mind elaborating?

>Ahsoka is already dead
You very clearly see her on screen, alive.

I'm thinking:

Gear as the body of a YT-style freighter, attached to the axe in the plane of the blade.

The c-clip can go at the end of the axe handle.

The hexagons are cargo containers. They replace the hammer-end of the axe.

The corkscrew arrangement... is just greebles, I think.

The idea is a YT-disc freighter with a big fuck-off laser cannon bolted to the side.