WIP

Johnnys have been slacking, no previous pages, not posting new threads, sheer minutes have gone between threads.

H E R E S Y

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2U

Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Renegade-Militia-Icons-and-Assault-Weapons
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Proteus-Pattern-Rotor-Cannon-Set
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mars-Pattern-Heavy-Bolters-Set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck yes you're the dude I was talking about. Now just to save that pic for reference this time.

user mentioned not feeling cardinals. Might try something that compliments the rest of the piece. Something akin to a bluejay maybe?

Also I concur the lips need "something" to stand out, even if its just a subtle outline.

Finished my archon

>Johnnys have been slacking

Sorry, m8. Had to go into the office today and do some real work.

In the meantime, I found this lad on eBay. Price is a bit steep, but he did label the model "Brother Craig"... can't believe none of our elegan/tg/entleman have picked him up yet.

>Something akin to a bluejay maybe?

Go on ...

Is this gore proper?

Re-posting because of dead bread.
Start collecting box completed now I just gotta hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can prime and start painting. Want to do warp stone green with moot green highlights and biel-tan green wash would that look ok? Also will using white primer make it brighter?

It's appropriate representation of gore for a game where target audience ranges from 12 years upwards, yes.

If the question is about anatomical accuracy, go ask or gurochan.

here's a similar piece from forgeworld
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Renegade-Militia-Icons-and-Assault-Weapons

Eh, i think it's impossible to accurately portrait gore in a 28mm or 32mm scale
If you can prove me wrong that's actually be great.

Oh damn, thanks.
Gonna fix it up

What the hell do I use as staves for my Thousand Sons sorcerers? I've got plenty of 3rd party bits, lots of arms and bolters, basically everything I need to make 40 Rubric Marines, but I cannot for the life of me find any non-Terminator staves or other sorcerer-like bits being sold.

Not even sorcerer bits from the actual Rubric Marine box?

So I remember the guy who painted up some of his marines with spritstone red but has anyone tried doing it with the blue gem paint? Kinda curious about what it would look like

First Ork of the Waaagh, lads. Picture's not caught all the colour in the model for some reason, but rate it, Veeky Forums.

I like the bone color on them jaws, how did you get it? Been having a hard time painting bone lately.

Like the darker green if that intentional. Also Cave man utility belt is pretty neato.

Remove an arm as guardsmen are very wide and it looked odd, looking a bit better?
Gonna sculpt the guts tomorrow

Mixed up 1:1:1 Vallejo Beige Brown, Medium Fleshtone and White, then Seraphim Sepia wash and then reapply the mix to lighten back up in places.

It is. Only thing that looks different is that lighter bits at the edge of the muscle isn't showing up quite as well.

Good start, maybe craft some internal structures/organs to add in.

The slave pits were denied this guardsmen because of over eager Kabalites eh? Looking good Crimson Archon user.

I'd always imagine that the soldiers would die in combat and it was mostly the civilians that went into slavery
I doubt anyone, not matter how much a wuss would surrender to dark eldar

They like to throw guardsmen and even space marines in there on rare occasions. Path of the renegade they go as far as to stage an escape for the guardsmen so they savor their 2nd defeat.

Looking sweet as always
One suggestion.
Because the birds are the same colour as some of the parts of Celestine, it makes them look unnatural. Wait until finishing the model to decide first, as the appearance of the model will change, but maybe a slightly different wash could fix this.
Also, the west spine on the Iron halo has a spot of white on it.

>bro why did you spend more for spac-

BECAUSE MY SKELETONS DESERVE BETTER LOOKING PUPPERS

Ghat damn the digits.

two boxes of these shits and already can't be arsed

which is more "just came back from a few years in the warp"? these forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Proteus-Pattern-Rotor-Cannon-Set or these forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mars-Pattern-Heavy-Bolters-Set
im leaning towards proteus because the belts seem way more lenient to form and fuck these mars pattern ones

Go with the Proteus. Heavy bolters are more natural and common. Ergo Proteus is less common or natural.
Humans in warp is not common or natural.
Fits perfectly.
But why were they in the warp for a few years?

im not a huge fan of the newer armour marks, so im either saying my chapter was in the warp or just "not there" for 10k years after the heresy to explain the fact a good 99% of the chapter is still in mkii/iii power armour

What the fuck? Why is it sideways?

> those numbers

>Painting my Rangers
>Oh fuck somehow I lost one of their rifles
>Take the Vanguard arm that goes with that ranger
>Jerryrig the arm/stock to the spare Galvanic Rifle.

Everything worked out alright in the end.

Looks much closer to what one would expect, but hell depending on the weapon that did the job and how you painted it, the first option is viable too. I prefer this one just because it's closely tied into the blade he is hoisted on and fits the wounds better.

>quints
>being this blessed
Your homebrew is now officially one of the two lost legions, send all their fluff to GW for publication.

>homebrew
my chapters an official one. mantis warriors my boy

That's way too sexy user, stop that

Nah mate, too late now. They're Khornate now.

But anyways, you could just say they're unusually rich, like the Red Scorpions.

not even mad, would give me an excuse to finally paint some chaos boys

Well then the Mantis Warriors are now one of the two lost instead of 8th founding then.

10/10 Would sack entire systems with.

Painting up a converted inquisitorial psyker. I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job or not.

Officially rekt

>quints
>8s
>8th founding chapter
damn son its like it was meant to be
time to put some more effort into my conversions
also, are founding chapters elements (say fw upgrade sprues) being used on founded chapters a no-no?

Shit picture. Have a better one.

I can already see some bits I need to clean up

Finally finished the last of my ragtag mutants for This is Not a Test.

Ausfag here, how do I get my hands on a johnny without paying 500million dollarydoos?

Nice!I feel like I'm looking at a 90's Saturday morning cartoon in the best way. Good work user!

Just gotta stalk the shit out of eBay.

My favorites are the Eyeball guy and Dogman. Used static grass to give him a bebop/rocksteady mullet.

Oh shit! Didint even see the physical mullet. Even more awesome man. What is this is not a test?

Post apoc skirmish/campaign game. Look it up! Its fun and pretty simple. imagine necromunda, but in the fallout-ish universe.

So through an ebay lot, I've managed to acquire an oop metal chaos dread without the legs. Anyone got any suggestions on what I should use instead, hopefully easyish to find.

Also, anyone else happen to have experience putting the thing together, wondering if the gaps are just to be expected in larger metal pieces (mostly just front sarcophagus to the back portion).

Damn, I like it

Done accept for base witch i'm getting some cool Egyptian bases for

Why does that ultramarine have a funny hat?

Just primed some Space Marine Scouts I had lying around. Which chapter should I paint them as?

Lamenters.

Camo so you can use them in any chapter.

Who needs Forge World when you can just build your own titans with plastic and green stuff?

The Hammers of Dorn.

Greater than the Ultramarines, the Hammers of Dorn have managed to utilize the Codex Astartes to a point not even the Ultramarines could have expected. The Hammers of Dorn scorn the Ultramarines and their uselessness, as well as their not being sons of Dorn, and therefore inferior and unable to truly master the Codex Astartes as they do.

Hammers of Dorn will never be the ultimate Codex followers because the impure blood of the stubborn and Codex-rejecting Dorn runs through their veins. Ultramarines are the pureblooded heirs of the codex.

tfw you steal all the booze and Women while the big Mon-keigh argue about dumb shit

Fucking impressive, user.

>tfw 3rd edition derp eldar archon, not glorious adarki aeldari of the 21st century

The GS joining the leg sections together's pretty wack, honestly. It doesn't look like you even tried to sculpt the GS to imitate scales.

Anyone know of good zombie bits like arms and maybe legs? Looking to convert 70 of these guys into plague zombies, remind me alot of the ghost people from FO NV: Dead Money

Have you looked at Mantic's Plague Zombie models?

After looking at them the proportions may be a bit wonky in comparison and would look out of place like the guard bits that are suggested. The legs don't look bad but the belt is on the legs, not the torso so I would have double belts. I'm going to have to keep looking

So, I have a ton of apoxie sculpt lying around that I got awhile back as an alternative to green stuff.

I've been thinking of trying my hand at sculpting a simple model, just a tall spooky dude covered in robes to wet my toes in regards to sculpting something larger than like, hair and a tabard. on a mini. I'm figuring a wire undermesh is a good starting point, but if anyone has any other pointers, I'd welcome the words of wisdom!

3d print an inner core and use greenstuff as a layer of skin?

I've always wanted to try doing that, but I don't have a 3d printer. I might pay for my university to print a core for me when uni goes back.

Fuck man I might have to recast a shitload of AM heavy weapon/wyvern/vendetta arms that don't have shoulder pads and apply zombie hands and makeshift armor to all of them.. There really aren't any options here.

Guys, need help.
Trying to cobble a Chaplain together from half broken parts and xeno bitz.
Do any of you have any advice or suggestions to give on how to improve the quality of this thing?

and back

I've been waiting for good Rubric Marine sculpts for ages, so I bit the bullet today and finally bought some. I got into PS and did a mock-up of the colour scheme l want (basically the Crimson Sons/pre-Heresy TS scheme). Would this formula replicate the red and gold well? All with colours I own.

>Red
>Base: Army Painter Chaotic Red
>Layer: Khorne Red
>Highlight: Wazdakka Red
>Highlight: Troll Slayer Orange (I want more orangey highlights than the pic)

>Gold
>Base: Retributor Armour
>Wash: Reikland Fleshshade
>Layer: Auric Armour Gold
>Highlight: Runefang Steel

I'm tempted to drop Runefang and buy some Stormhost Silver, since it has better coverage, but it tends to look quite stark when highlighting gold.

Get him some robed legs that don't make him look like a half-slug. Also, any chance of pics from better angles? Can't really make out the face.

yeah, that sounds pretty dope! Though, I always advice that you paint a "test" mini first - maybe a regular chaos marine, or space marine, or something along those lines, that looks similar. That way, you can feel it out for yourself, and see if you like it.

Face is taken from a tau fire warrior kit.
Interesting story with the legs actually. I got most of this stuff from a wargaming convention, the only warhammer thing there.
I got some DEldar stuff, and a beaten up SM biker.
Long story short, the chaplain's legs are long and dainty under that robe.

got some work done on my Deredeo proxy
like any good iron hand, He's stomping out an emperor's children marine

>deredeo
>no uniboob
Motherfucker, you need to give that thing a Dillion Harper-esque chest, stat.

(because I posted it in the wrong thread apparently)

Here is the end result of the masking tape brothers.

I got these two for a an absolute steal from what I assume was a kid owner, drenched in superglue, although to his credit the turrets and sponsons move.

Initial stages of weathering are done, although I'll probably look at this again after work to see if there's anything I've missed with fresh eyes.

Next stage, Gloss varnish to allow for further weathering..

If he paints it like an off blue/green with the scales being a different colour it could look like elongated sinew

How did you get him to hold the huskblade like that?

Greenstuff? If so good job as its not noticeable.

After the masking tape did you apply the stripes with a airbrush or normal brush?

What colour are you going to do the coils?

What Guard models are you using?

Wip marine head, what can i improve except for better photography skills?

where did you find that sweet ass inquisitorial insigna ?

Nice

where did you find that sweet ass inquisitorial insigna ?

woops, duplicate

Remove the trips, it is not taken kindly around here.

Your photography skills.
Seriously though, can you really expect fair, accurate criticism if your photos aren't properly exposed, colour balanced, etc.?

Redder/Purpler tongue, some purple around the sides where his flesh is pulled and grafted to the metal bits to show scar tissue or what-have-you.

Hey, I use an airbrush to base now, saves so much time, in this instance yes the Dazzle stripes were based in Vallejo Middlestone and given a light dusting of Screaming Skull.

The Coils will be blue.

Oh god... I don't know, I really don't like the Cadian models, I really want Guard in greatcoats, I'm looking at non GW alternatives but I'm hoping with the Fall of Cadia we get new non Cadian guard plastics.

So she just doesn't have legs? (I am aware the base model does not)

Your phone just remembers what orientation the photo should be in metadata instead of actually saving it in a different dimension.

Get a free photo editing app and save them rotated in that, and also do pic related.

Yeah, I still have a few of the old hybrid TS that I never got around to painting, somewhere. I don't like those models anyway, so they're perfect for it.

So I'm wanting to get a Dorn substitute model seeing as FW still hasn't pumped one out. Anyone happen to know a decent stand in size and design wise or am I just shit out of luck till FW pulls out their finger?

Wait or you'll regret it.

I've found some of my old models which I made when I was about 13. This guy seems to have a tumour for a powerfist, and a predator heavy something for a stormbolter maybe?